MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/05/19
Send PM

I want to be the one that fix "Metal Maniax".
#388580 - 11/15/20 04:00 PM Attachment: 387902-2020-09-16.png 171 KB (0 downloads)

I want to be the one that fix "Metal Maniax". I figured out why the game won't get passed booting screen. The service mode said "Slave node ID=2" implying that it was player 2 that was emulated. If you go to the link option, then you will only have 3 link options which are stand alone (2 seat), linked unit #1 (4 seat 1+2), & linked unit #2 (4 seat 3+4) implying that the game requires 2 players to work in order for the game to work. Since the service mode said "Slave node ID=2" implying that it was player 2 that was emulated & the game has only 3 link options which are stand alone (2 seat), linked unit #1 (4 seat 1+2), & linked unit #2 (4 seat 3+4) implying that the game requires 2 players to work in order for the game to work, I need to add a code that adds another screen for player 1 & I need another exact same stack of printed circuit boards for player 1. The steering wheel controls is also not emulated. I also need the steering wheel controls so that I can also emulate that. If you have all of the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax", then please let me know & give me your E-Mail address so that I can E-Mail my address to you to that you can send all of the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax" to me. If you don't give me the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax", then me fixing "Metal Maniax" won't be done. But I need help from 8 people who are both professionals at programing AND have heard of "Metal Maniax" before & David "Mamehaze" Haywood (the person who emulated "Metal Maniax"). I am the beginner of dumping arcade roms & fixing rom problems because both of them will be my 1st time. When "Metal Maniax" becomes fixed I will thank these 9 other people for helping me fix "Metal Maniax". I will give the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax" back once I am done. I want that fix to be in M.A.M.E. 0.217 in December 30, 2020. Let's do this!

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Edited by GJ (11/16/20 05:29 PM)

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

... new [Re: MAMEfan2000]
#388587 - 11/16/20 01:17 AM

- Stiletto

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: Stiletto]
#388588 - 11/16/20 02:00 AM

I want all of the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax" to be sent to me so that I can fix the "Metal Maniax" arcade rom with help from 9 other people.

Edited by GJ (11/16/20 05:46 AM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: MAMEfan2000]
#388591 - 11/16/20 05:16 AM

> I want all of the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax" to be sent to me so that
> I can fix the "Metal Maniax" arcade rom.

Are you saying that in the two months since this post...

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

...you've now acquired the programming skills necessary to be able to update the driver for this game to working condition?

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/mame/drivers/metalmx.cpp

And as far as shipping you the circuit boards... you do understand that this game is a very rare prototype, yes? There is one complete game existing in the world, that I know of, that shows up at California Extreme each year. If you want the boards, you are going to need to contact that one guy. No... no one here knows that one guy.

Be advised that the actual arcade game itself is a bit buggy.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#388593 - 11/16/20 05:46 AM

Kind of. I kind of did acquire the programming skills necessary to be able to update the driver for this game to working condition, but I still need help from 9 other people because dumping a rom & fixing a rom will both be my 1st time. And yes, I did understand that this game is a very rare prototype. That is why I said that I will give the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax" when I am done. However, the fact that no one here knows who currently owns the Printed Circuit Boards for "Metal Maniax" is too bad because I want this fix to be in M.A.M.E. 0.227 in December 30, 2020. :-(

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#388595 - 11/16/20 09:26 AM

You are literally delusional. Absolutely and completely Looney Tunes. You "need help from 9 other people"? Yeah, sounds about right. Take your medication and get off these forums.

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#388601 - 11/16/20 03:14 PM

No! You are the one who is literally delusional! I don't sound like Looney Tunes! I still need help despite the fact that I figured out how to fix "Metal Maniax" because I am the beginner of dumping arcade roms & fixing arcade roms because they both are going to be my 1st time! I am not going to get off of these forums! I am this close to reporting you! You take that back or you take your medication & get off these forums, Mr. Disrespectful!

Edited by GJ (11/16/20 03:54 PM)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#388604 - 11/16/20 04:50 PM

> No! You are the one who is literally delusional! I don't sound like Looney Tunes! I
> still need help despite the fact that I figured out how to fix "Metal Maniax" because
> I am the beginner of dumping arcade roms & fixing arcade roms because they both are
> going to be my 1st time! I am not going to get off of these forums! I am this close
> to reporting you! You take that back or you take your medication & get off these
> forums, Mr. Disrespectful!

OK, let’s go through the ways you’re wrong:

• The game is dumped. Getting the boards to dump the ROMs won’t gain you anything over just using the ROM dumps that are already in MAME.
  • You’re not going to get anyone to send you a rare, irreplaceable prototype unless you have a very good reputation already. If you think there’s any chance of that happening, you’re delusional.
  • It’s all very well to claim you’ve acquired skills, but you need to demonstrate that, or no-one will believe you. Talk is cheap, talk on the Internet is even cheaper. If you’re really that brilliant, open pull requests to fix some simple issues and build up a reputation.
  • Why do you think you need exactly nine people to help you? That’s a very specific number. Why would eight not be enough? Why not a round ten?
  • If you need that many people to help you, it suggests you don’t really have any skills at all, you just want other people to do work for you. A good C++ developer is worth AUD125,000/year. You’d better be ready to pay if you want people to work on anything specific.
  • You haven’t actually shown evidence you have any idea what’s wrong with the game, let alone how to fix it. You’ve read a diagnostic message and jumped to a conclusion. If you think you’ve got anything to contribute based on what you’ve posted, you’re delusional.
  • This most recent reply of yours actually does read like something a Looney Tunes character would say. It works in Daffy’s or Sylvester’s voice.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#388605 - 11/16/20 04:52 PM

> No! You are the one who is literally delusional! I don't sound like Looney Tunes! I
> still need help despite the fact that I figured out how to fix "Metal Maniax" because
> I am the beginner of dumping arcade roms & fixing arcade roms because they both are
> going to be my 1st time! I am not going to get off of these forums! I am this close
> to reporting you! You take that back or you take your medication & get off these
> forums, Mr. Disrespectful!

Thufferin' thuccotash!

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#388607 - 11/16/20 05:12 PM

Sorry. I don't want other people to do work for me. I just needed help from 9 other people because I thought it is going to be that hard because of the originality of the hardware.

Edited by GJ (11/16/20 08:29 PM)

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

#388614 - 11/16/20 08:13 PM

Borat is that you ??

Only here to annoy...

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: Renegade]
#388616 - 11/16/20 08:30 PM

No. I am not here to annoy. I don't mean to annoy anybody. I will fix "Metal Maniax" when I have all of the Printed Circuit Boards. I promise.

Edited by GJ (11/16/20 08:37 PM)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#388618 - 11/16/20 09:01 PM

> No. I am not here to annoy. I don't mean to annoy anybody. I will fix "Metal Maniax"
> when I have all of the Printed Circuit Boards. I promise.

I've been doing this for 20+ years and even I wouldn't be rude enough to demand somebody send me 1-of-a-kind prototypes or even expect them to offer such. It doesn't work like that.

I've resisted replying until now because I'm 99% sure you're trolling, because nobody in their right mind would expect that, nor think something of such complexity is a suitable 'first project' for MAME.

Furthermore, nobody needs the PCBs to fix this, as you were already told. It requires reverse engineering skills, your own reverse engineering skills, not other people you've tried to force to do things because you have no skills of your own.

Your post can therefore be summed up as "I will fix Metal Maniax, never" and you're not only being rude, but wasting everybody's time.

MAMEfan2000
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ... new [Re: Haze]
#388622 - 11/16/20 10:33 PM

I am genuinely sorry for wasting everyone's time. I really did not mean to waste everyone's time. I just want to add this fix to M.A.M.E. 0.227 in December 30, 2020. I hope you will forgive me for this. :-(

Edited by GJ (11/16/20 10:35 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#388627 - 11/16/20 10:55 PM

> I am genuinely sorry for wasting everyone's time. I really did not mean to waste
> everyone's time. I just want to add this fix to M.A.M.E. 0.227 in December 30, 2020.
> I hope you will forgive me for this. :-(

BTW... we don't even know if MAME (not M.A.M.E.) is going to be ready for December at this point yet, especially such an exact date of Dec. 30.

Closing this thread, before others feel the need to come in and pick on you.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 947