> > The problem is you're using outdated software. MESSUI doesn't exist anymore and
> > UI versions were never official.
> > Try the latest official version
> also the error messages from the UI version aren't useful
> a proper backtrace, if it happens in current versions, is more likely to point at the
I am able to trigger the same issue with baseline MAME 0.196 64-bit. It occurs every time automatically without user interference after "Game Over":
1. Tape plays/fast forwards until 25:45.
2. Tape rewinds. It hits 00:17.
3. Starts to play/ff again until it hits 00:36.
4. Rapid rewind. It goes to tape position 00:-4 (?) and crashes.
5. Both command line window and the MAME app window close out.
I made a video (Still frame captured below) and can upload to YouTube and post a link, or just let me know what command line switches to set and I'll generate the respective file log(s) if it helps or/and is needed to troubleshoot further.
[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]