View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: London, UK
Send PM

Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami
#173428 - 12/05/08 04:40 PM Attachment: Timepilot Bezel RAW.png 753 KB (27 downloads)

I deleted the old thread and started a complete new thread just for the documentation and completeness of it all.

Thanks must go to Zorg for the AI work of all the planes, helicopters, meteors, UFO's etc etc

Cracking work as always.

Here is the original RAW scan to start the thread.

Just to point out why we are doing it this way is that the original was so filthy it woudl take simply months to restore by hand. This way working with Zorg and creating and using a combination of AI and PS work, we can finish this project in combination.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Ad_Enuff
MAME Hi-Res CD & DVD Covers / MAME Artwork Project

My current MAME system PC Specs: AMD Quad CORE 3.60GHz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI RADEON HD 6570 1Gb RAM, DirectX 11 & 9.0c, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

As it stands as at 05/12/2008 new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#173429 - 12/05/08 04:42 PM Attachment: Timepilot Bezel WIP.png 446 KB (15 downloads)

Here's a preview.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Ad_Enuff

My current MAME system PC Specs: AMD Quad CORE 3.60GHz, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, ATI RADEON HD 6570 1Gb RAM, DirectX 11 & 9.0c, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Old Wolf
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Austin, Texas
Send PM

"Hot Damn !" (nt) new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#173430 - 12/05/08 04:47 PM

Kiltron
Game Dev Junky
Reged: 03/29/05
Loc: Cleveland OH
Send PM

Sweetness! new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#173436 - 12/05/08 05:47 PM

That's coming out great!

"What is dis place?" "Keep your eyes peeled!"

MASH
MASH
Reged: 09/26/03
Loc: Germany
Send PM

Great! new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#173526 - 12/06/08 06:03 AM Attachment: Time Pilot.jpg 122 KB (1 downloads)

> I deleted the old thread and started a complete new thread just for the documentation
> and completeness of it all.
>
> Thanks must go to Zorg for the AI work of all the planes, helicopters, meteors, UFO's
> etc etc
>
> Cracking work as always.
>
> Here is the original RAW scan to start the thread.
>
> Just to point out why we are doing it this way is that the original was so filthy it
> woudl take simply months to restore by hand. This way working with Zorg and creating
> and using a combination of AI and PS work, we can finish this project in combination.

Found this in my collection...

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

What's left? new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#178343 - 01/21/09 11:59 PM

So, what's left? The clouds and the asteroids? If no one has called them, I can take a stab at vectorizing the clouds. Just the thought of the asteroids makes my head spin.

Let me know!

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

If you have time to vector the clouds that would be brilliant.. new [Re: jcroach]
#178396 - 01/22/09 10:12 AM

...at the moment I've had to put stuff on hold for a bit, I am expecting twins in April and weekends are being sucked up with looking for baby stuff etc

Ad_Enuff

jcroach
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: If you have time to vector the clouds that would be brilliant.. new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#178410 - 01/22/09 04:57 PM

> ...at the moment I've had to put stuff on hold for a bit, I am expecting twins in
> April and weekends are being sucked up with looking for baby stuff etc

Twins! Wow. Congrats. Do you have other kids? If not, it'll change your life. I love being a dad of a 3 year old. Hard work, but the most rewarding thing I've ever done.

I'll take a look at it next week. Are the asteroids done?

vectorzorg
vector tracer
Reged: 10/10/06
Loc: Paris, France
Send PM

Re: If you have time to vector the clouds that would be brilliant.. new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#178438 - 01/22/09 08:05 PM

> ...at the moment I've had to put stuff on hold for a bit, I am expecting twins in

prepare yourself to have much more busy time in a few month and that for a long long time (3.5 years old twin's father speaking )

congrats on the twins, it's difficult on the first times, but it's an everyday great pleasure and joy.

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

Re: If you have time to vector the clouds that would be brilliant.. new [Re: jcroach]
#178551 - 01/23/09 12:26 PM

> Twins! Wow. Congrats. Do you have other kids? If not, it'll change your life. I love
> being a dad of a 3 year old. Hard work, but the most rewarding thing I've ever done.
>
> I'll take a look at it next week. Are the asteroids done?

Nope this will be my first lot! I am having a boy and a girl. The girl is more feisty even at this stage, my poor little boy keeps being kicked in the face.

The Asteroids I'll probably clean up as rasters and import.....teh clouds however may very well be better off vectored if possible. Dirt is a killer on this bezel....it sucks up most of the time spent. That why I said to vector bits where ever possible and create the bezel from scratch using a combo of raster/vector.

Ad_Enuff

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

#178733 - 01/25/09 01:54 AM

> Nope this will be my first lot! I am having a boy and a girl. The girl is more feisty
> even at this stage, my poor little boy keeps being kicked in the face.

In that case he should look just like you.....

Congrats...Poof.......

This is what happens when cabby no fitty through door...
http://orc.mameworld.info

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

I have already informed Child Protection Services.... new [Re: Orc]
#179031 - 01/27/09 03:12 PM

> In that case he should look just like you.....
>
> Congrats...Poof.......

...of course that means nothing will be done about it!

Ad_Enuff

jcroach
MAME Fan
Send PM

Clouds DONE! new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#179163 - 01/28/09 11:51 PM Attachment: timepilot_clouds.png 66 KB (4 downloads)

Done. I'll upload the .AI file to the FTP tonight.

This will need to be color matched. I took my best guess at the colors.

I extended the clouds at the edges of the bezel and at the edges of the cutout so you can just trim off the extra.

Also, there's one cloud that tucks under two of the jets on the right side.

Also, there's one cloud that's "behind" the half tones. It's just above and to the left of the highest helicopter. My guess is that this is a printing error and that it's possible not every bezel for this game is like this. Your choice how to deal with this, but I would place the cloud on top of the half tones.

Like I've said, this is my favorite game of all time! I'm looking forward to this coming together!

Anyone want to volunteer to clean up the asteroids on this one?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

You're a star! new [Re: jcroach]
#179164 - 01/29/09 12:00 AM

...cheers for those!

I may clean up the asteroids as rasters.....hopefully I can get this done over the weekend.

Thanks again!

Ad_Enuff

Lord Nightmare
Speech Synth Berzerker
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: PA, USA
Send PM

Re: You're a star! new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#179848 - 02/03/09 12:07 AM Attachment: tpbezel_asteroids.png 245 KB (8 downloads)

> ...cheers for those!
>
> I may clean up the asteroids as rasters.....hopefully I can get this done over the
> weekend.
>
> Thanks again!

There are 13 asteroids total, 6 unique asteroids. 5 of them appear twice, one appears 3 times. Two are X-flipped (the one nearest the right edge, also appears right below the left side of the screen; the small one directly to the left of the rightmost one, its double is near the double of the rightmost one), the rest are just rotated/scaled.

Edit: mspaint diagram attached; the x-flipped ones are the pink and the blue pairs

LN

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Lord Nightmare (02/03/09 12:23 AM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Progress? new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#206583 - 11/15/09 11:19 PM

> ...cheers for those!
>
> I may clean up the asteroids as rasters.....hopefully I can get this done over the
> weekend.
>
> Thanks again!

Just wonderin'

jcroach
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Progress? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#206629 - 11/16/09 04:35 PM

> > ...cheers for those!
> >
> > I may clean up the asteroids as rasters.....hopefully I can get this done over the
> > weekend.
> >
> > Thanks again!
>
> Just wonderin'

Just the asteroids are needed, right? Can't wait for this one! Got to play on a dedicated upright cabinet this summer. Solidified my love of the game! Anybody have one they want to sell me?

OldTymeToys
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/28/10
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#212637 - 01/28/10 11:44 PM

Any chance this is still in the works?? I'd be happy to help work on it...

Edited by OldTymeToys (01/29/10 06:16 AM)

andykmv
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/10
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#221694 - 05/11/10 03:42 PM

Hello!

a number of KLOV forum members (myself, oldtymetoys and a number of others) are contributing to the reproduction of the Konami (US) Time pilot Artwork (Bezel, Sideart, kickpanel art), and Jon (OldtymeToys) recently discovered this thread and the work that has been done to date (and posted a project status query in this thread).

has the work by Ad_Enuff, jcroach & zorgprogressed beyond the last few posts to a completed bezel AI file?

if it is not yet finished, or the final files are not accessible, are the component files available where we can access them to continue this good work ?( ? AI files/raster files)

we would be looking to contribute final versions of the bezel back to this site and the general community.

if we have missed posts aboout final versions of the bezel, please piint us in the right direction!

many thanks, and thank you for listening!

Cheers!
Andykmv
www.mameworld.info, www.klov.com

jcroach
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: andykmv]
#221723 - 05/11/10 09:54 PM

I did the clouds. I can send you the file. Ad_Enuff was putting everything together. The last we left it, the only thing missing was the asteroids.

Do you still have everything Adam?

> Hello!
>
> a number of KLOV forum members (myself, oldtymetoys and a number of others) are
> contributing to the reproduction of the Konami (US) Time pilot Artwork (Bezel,
> Sideart, kickpanel art), and Jon (OldtymeToys) recently discovered this thread and
> the work that has been done to date (and posted a project status query in this
> thread).
>
> has the work by Ad_Enuff, jcroach & zorgprogressed beyond the last few posts to a
> completed bezel AI file?
>
> if it is not yet finished, or the final files are not accessible, are the component
> files available where we can access them to continue this good work ?( ? AI
> files/raster files)
>
> we would be looking to contribute final versions of the bezel back to this site and
> the general community.
>
> if we have missed posts aboout final versions of the bezel, please piint us in the
> right direction!
>
> many thanks, and thank you for listening!
>
> Cheers!
> Andykmv
> www.mameworld.info, www.klov.com

vectorzorg
vector tracer
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: jcroach]
#221726 - 05/11/10 10:23 PM

problem is that I lost the tracing for the planes, ufo and so on during a HD crash.

andykmv
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: jcroach]
#221728 - 05/11/10 11:06 PM

well, bitmap files for the ufo, planes and heli were on the french zorgs blog site, and oldtimetoys (jon) is prepared to vectorise so we can continue on.

if you have some files, that is still effort we can save! shall i send you a pm with my email address ?

and thank you!

Cheers,
Andy

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: andykmv]
#221732 - 05/12/10 12:28 AM

> well, bitmap files for the ufo, planes and heli were on the french zorgs blog site,
> and oldtimetoys (jon) is prepared to vectorise so we can continue on.
>
> if you have some files, that is still effort we can save! shall i send you a pm with
> my email address ?

email me at

mrdo underscore emu at hotmail dot com

or just PM me

andykmv
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#221742 - 05/12/10 04:48 AM

email sent, thank you!

Cheers,

Andy

Ad_Enuff
MAME Artwork Project
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#221746 - 05/12/10 08:00 AM

Everything was uploaded to the FTP that I had done so far including the AI files.

vectorzorg
vector tracer
Send PM

Re: Hi-Res Artwork - Time Pilot (c) 1982 Konami - Are the .ai etc files available ? new [Re: Ad_Enuff]
#222080 - 05/17/10 11:25 AM

got the files uploaded by Addy, and uploaded the illustrator files (biplan, corsair, helicopter, jet, rocks, and so on... ) to vectorlib. check: http://vectorlib.free.fr/TimePilot/

jcroach
MAME Fan
Send PM

What's the status? 2/28/11 new [Re: andykmv]
#247589 - 02/28/11 05:41 PM

> email sent, thank you!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andy

What's the progress on this? Has anyone been in contact with andykmv?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: What's the status? 2/28/11 new [Re: jcroach]
#247617 - 02/28/11 11:41 PM

> > email sent, thank you!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andy
>
> What's the progress on this? Has anyone been in contact with andykmv?

Oh yeah... should be ready for the next update (which will be in March).

I just need to do a few fixes to it.

jcroach
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: What's the status? 2/28/11 new [Re: Mr. Do]
#247618 - 03/01/11 12:08 AM

> > > email sent, thank you!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Andy
> >
> > What's the progress on this? Has anyone been in contact with andykmv?
>
>
> Oh yeah... should be ready for the next update (which will be in March).
>
> I just need to do a few fixes to it.

Awesome! Oh and I've got "Slither" half done. Ramping myself back up to full speed before I try to finish the Dig Dug Cabaret.

Old Wolf
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Austin, Texas
Send PM

sweet !! great news! (nt) new [Re: Mr. Do]
#247716 - 03/01/11 09:51 PM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 8489