View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

MAMu_ WIP... new
#249667 - 03/23/11 06:44 PM

For those who could ask theirselves why updating is damn long since a few updates, while I was back for good on MAMEICONS, answer is quite simple : Pinballs & co in M.A.M.E.

It's not anymore "play game, snap it, cut your sprite, resize if needed, rework it to be readable, save as png 24, import png 24 in Icon editor, save as .ico file..." which is already a long process...

Now I have to do some research on specific machines, find a good and close enough pic, etc..

Anyway, I still have (huh!) 529 icons to do (mechanicals + few MAME)... Won't be done anytime soon, but as you can check on the pic, adding pinballs, bowler, etc mechanichal machines icon in the list is looking quite good...

Remember you can always help by donating on MAMEICONS if you like and use my work, thanks.

And now, the preview :
Part 1, Mechanicals

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

Re: MAMu_ WIP... new [Re: MAMu_]
#249670 - 03/23/11 07:19 PM

BTW, the above preview was done with Emuloader, that view is the new "Tile view mode", I love it... Better readability, Emuloader can display win XP icons with real alpha blending, while MAMEUI doesn't (anymore?), and it displays by default the "non working" games icons, in MAMEUI you won't be able to see these new icons as all mechanicals are tagged as "preliminary driver"...

Lots of the new icons are true win XP icons (True color + Alpha), or True colors (True colors + old 0/1 Mask), and not anymore 256 colors icons when needed.

If someone wants to check inside MAMEUI src how to enable XP icons, True color icons when availables rather than convert & display all my icons to pure 256 colors icons as MAMEUI actually does, you're welcome... Also adding in the Options/Interface options the ability to choose if you want to display the 'not working drivers' icons or not, as Emuloader & MAME+ UI do, That would be nice (and of course if MAMEUI devs accept the changes...)

Regards, MAMu_

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#249673 - 03/23/11 07:45 PM

excellent job as always, MAMu_.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: ciroconsentino@gmail.com

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: MAMu_ WIP... new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#249692 - 03/23/11 10:47 PM Attachment: Mirco21servicemanual.JPG 67 KB (0 downloads)

>excellent job as always, MAMu_.

Yep. Great work as always.

o/t. If hap's future update is fully working, there should be another Mirco game up and running. It might be Mirco's Super Twenty One which was an update to Mirco's 21 (clone of Ramtek's Hit Me). The unknown Mirco pcb was originally guessed as 21, but fortunately a Mirco 21 manual with parts numbers corrected things.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

#249695 - 03/24/11 12:20 AM

Phenomenal, MAMu_! The anxiety is so huge waiting for the final pack...

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: MAMu_ WIP... [Re: CptGuapo]
#249700 - 03/24/11 02:48 AM

I can't wait for an update. I love these icons \o/

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2391