View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Ramzess
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/18/11
Send PM

LCD monitor Question.
#262456 - 08/18/11 09:37 PM

Hey guys, i'm new to all this mame stuff and i'm building my first mame-cab and have some questions about LCD monitors.

OK, so i have made a slim mame cab, and therefor i am going to use an LCD monitor.

Now i've seen people start up their cabinets and everything starts up with one push of a button. so i'm not the most experienced with electronics but i know that if i put an LCD monitor i will have to open the cabinet to open and start the monitor because it has its own on of button....

is there any way to connect everything up together with the computer and monitor part so that i only have to use one switch button o open and start everything up with only one button?

Well thx in advance and please excuse my bad English haha

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: LCD monitor Question. new [Re: Ramzess]
#262458 - 08/18/11 11:02 PM

If you are running the LCD from a PC, you do not have to turn the monitor off. I haven't turned a monitor off in many years. Just use the standby mode.

Ramzess
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/18/11
Send PM

Re: LCD monitor Question. new [Re: redk9258]
#262463 - 08/19/11 12:07 AM

yeah that was one idea i was thinking about but i thought maybe there must be a way to connect everything together so that it all turns on when connecting everything to a "on/off-button" but yeah thats def. a workable idea

THX

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: LCD monitor Question. new [Re: Ramzess]
#262469 - 08/19/11 02:16 AM

> yeah that was one idea i was thinking about but i thought maybe there must be a way
> to connect everything together so that it all turns on when connecting everything to
> a "on/off-button" but yeah thats def. a workable idea
>
> THX

You can also look to see if your TV/monitor setup menu has a "resume on power loss" option before you by it. Standby would probably be the better method, but make sure you can get at the power button just in case. Even a pin-hole through the side of the cab will work if you need everything sealed tight.

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

Re: LCD monitor Question. new [Re: italie]
#262539 - 08/20/11 02:22 AM

Do a google For Smartstrip......

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Strip-Protector-Autoswitching-Technology/dp/B0006PUDQK

Also goes under diff names in diff countries....

This is what happens when cabby no fitty through door...
http://orc.mameworld.info

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2993