MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

nosebreaker
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/23/11
Send PM

How to wire in pc2jamma so that MAME sees buttons?
#267035 - 10/23/11 03:52 AM

I bought a PC2JAMMA board and a jamma harness, and I am trying to wire it in. I cannot get MAME to see buttons pressed! Keyboard works fine, but I really want to get it to use the buttons. I am starting from scratch, I had an old arcade cabinet that I gutted parts from, and right now I am just using a monitor to get it to work. I tried MAME32 Plus! and the official "DOS MAME" from mamedev.org

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: How to wire in pc2jamma so that MAME sees buttons? new [Re: nosebreaker]
#267039 - 10/23/11 05:39 AM

Do they even make the PC2JAMMA anymore?

You might want to look at getting a J-PAC and an ArcadeVGA card from Ultimarc.

The J-PAC and ArcadeVGA together are pretty much the closest you can get to plug-and-play when connecting a PC to an arcade cabinet with an arcade monitor.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

#267151 - 10/24/11 06:04 PM

Doesn't pc2jamma uses joystick button presses? Have you tried to change the "CORE INPUT OPTIONS" and "CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS" to use your joystick in the mame.ini?
Other think to do is: press tab to change "input (general)" and "input (this game)" settings.

nosebreaker
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/23/11
Send PM

Re: How to wire in pc2jamma so that MAME sees buttons? new [Re: Ramirez]
#281782 - 04/07/12 07:34 PM

I have no idea, it plugs into the printer port but it isn't seeing anything no matter which MAME I try. I've tried changing inputs, but it isn't recognized. It does seem to work, because I can press the buttons on the board and it goes into a menu of some sort. I connected all cables (molex power, vga and LPT) thinking maybe it needed a ground or something, but no matter what it doesn't recognize ANY button presses.

So short answer, don't buy a PC2JAMMA or RA-PC-2-JAMMA-BOARD or anything from Holland Computers! I contacted them several times to try to get it working and they wouldn't take it back or explain how it worked or anything. I'll just buy a JPAC.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#281843 - 04/08/12 03:33 PM

MAME will work with direct input devices, so if you can see it in the control pad test screen in windows, itt ain't gonna work.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3158