MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

publicGames
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/12
Send PM

Upright Discs of Tron (DOT) MAME Cabinet dimensions?
#283710 - 04/24/12 05:47 AM

hi,

can someone share the dimensions for the panels needed to build an Upright Discs of Tron cabinet.
I'm building a MAME, but want it to look identical to DOT.

Also, do you know anyone who can make the cabinet?

cheers,
Austin, Tx

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Upright Discs of Tron (DOT) MAME Cabinet dimensions? new [Re: publicGames]
#283772 - 04/24/12 10:31 PM

> hi,
>
> can someone share the dimensions for the panels needed to build an Upright Discs of
> Tron cabinet.
> I'm building a MAME, but want it to look identical to DOT.
>
> Also, do you know anyone who can make the cabinet?
>
> cheers,
> Austin, Tx

I've had the thought that such a thing should be a supplement to the MAME (arcade preservation) project. Schematic drawings of arcade cabinets. But alas...

I don't know of anything like this that would have the dimensions of a DOT cab. I could look around on the net, but so can anyone else -if it's there it's there. Approximating measurements from pics could be possible... But in all honesty, that seems like a very ambitious project to undertake (due to all the details, artwork, glass/plexiglass to house the black light, etc.) let alone finding (and paying) someone to make it for you.

Not meaning to discourage you, but perhaps a more reasonable/realistic option could be looked into...?

Edited by Tom Braider (04/24/12 10:33 PM)

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Upright Discs of Tron (DOT) MAME Cabinet dimensions? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283794 - 04/25/12 05:24 AM

> Not meaning to discourage you, but perhaps a more reasonable/realistic option could
> be looked into...?

You have to admire the either naiveté or audacity, I'm not sure which. Propose a wildly ambitious project, and then, by the way, do you know anyone who can build it for me?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Upright Discs of Tron (DOT) MAME Cabinet dimensions? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#283859 - 04/26/12 02:44 AM

> I've had the thought that such a thing should be a supplement to the MAME (arcade
> preservation) project. Schematic drawings of arcade cabinets. But alas...

AntoPisa has a collection of arcade manuals, so in a way, you're already there. Many arcade manuals include rough cabinet blueprints. Not all, though.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3122