Pages: 1

danos
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/12/13
Loc: Australia
Send PM

lay files
#303394 - 01/28/13 01:09 PM

I am using a dual screen cabinet.How do i make a lay file that will show a marquee image on screen 1 and the bezel full screen size on screen 0 . please help ?

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: lay files new [Re: danos]
#303404 - 01/28/13 05:31 PM Attachment: example2screens.lay 1 KB (36 downloads)

Hope this helps.

In the [romname].INI file:

#
# WINDOWS VIDEO OPTIONS
#
numscreens 2

#
# PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS
#
screen0 //.DISPLAY1
view0 Marquee
screen1 //.DISPLAY2
view1 Bezel_Only

In the .LAY file: See attachment. Rename the .lay file itself to [romname].lay and change the references [your_game_marquee_filename] and [your_game_bezel_filename] to whatever they are in the artwork zip folder.

Remember: You will have to adjust the bezel/screen dimensions/positions to fit your specific game. Assuming you are using an already-existing artwork file that contains the marquee by itself in a view, all you need to do is edit the .INI file to assign specific view names to screens 0 and 1.

Edited by Nightvoice (01/28/13 06:02 PM)

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

danos
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: lay files new [Re: Nightvoice]
#303428 - 01/29/13 02:25 AM

thanks heaps , i will try this and get back to you . I appreciate u taking your time to help me and i love the ball shot pic (classic). Thanks from down under

danos
MAME Fan
Send PM

#303432 - 01/29/13 03:39 AM

i worked it put them in the right place, but i could not see the image only diagnel lines images . both on marquee and bezel how do i stretch the bezel what line would i change in the lay file thanks again

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#303441 - 01/29/13 11:57 AM

Every time I've gotten diagonal lines, it was either because (a) I didn't have the correct file name referenced in the .lay file or (b) the image needed to be resaved in a .png format that MAME can read.

To resize or move the bezel in the .lay file, look for the following in the .lay file:

bezel element="bezel"
bounds x="0" y="0" width="4000" height="3650" /
/bezel

Change the numbers for the "bounds" line to whatever you want. If the view ITSELF has a "bounds" line before the other graphics are referenced, this sets the overall size of the view and you may have to stretch that as well to accommodate.

If you still can't get it to work, send me a PM with your email and the game in question and I can send you a working .zip of it.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

danos
MAME Fan
Send PM

#303490 - 01/30/13 10:44 AM

thanks man i sent a pm to you. i still cant get it to work. i keep getting diagonal lines i can not work it out ?

extracampine
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/15
Send PM

#372638 - 01/01/18 11:31 PM

Is it possible to adjust the opacity of objects in a .lay file?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: lay files new [Re: extracampine]
#372655 - 01/02/18 08:38 AM

> Is it possible to adjust the opacity of objects in a .lay file?

Yes.

In a specific view, use the "Color Alpha" setting to adjust opacity. Valid values are 0.0 to 1.0.

Color Alpha = "1.0" is completely opaque
Color Alpha = "0.5" is 50% opaque
Color Alpha = "0.0" would mean you can't see the object on screen

See the LAY file for Space Invaders as an example.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5490