MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

scotth1
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/08/13
Send PM

Powering Computer In Arcade Cabinet
#303958 - 02/08/13 02:29 AM Attachment: adapter.jpg 10 KB (0 downloads)

I purchased a PC to Jamma adapter card and have an arcade cabinet that is already wired up for Jamma. I haven't yet received the adapter, but I was already wondering about how power will work for the PC and the cabinet. Is there a good way that I can make them both work off the same switch? If this is in a FAQ that I should be looking at, let me know. I did a couple initial searches, but couldn't find satisfactory results.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Hammy
Collector
Reged: 10/15/03
Send PM

Re: Powering Computer In Arcade Cabinet new [Re: scotth1]
#303973 - 02/08/13 12:28 PM

a standard jamma supply will not power a pc with the 28 way connector. best off tapping your pc's power off the main feed in, usually theres somewhere to connect power to.

as for the pc's switch there's a way to make a pc boot as soon as power is applied to it (can't remeber how) i just opted for a little switch giving the option to reboot the pc without having to turn the whole cab on and off when something crashes

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Powering Computer In Arcade Cabinet new [Re: Hammy]
#303982 - 02/08/13 08:52 PM

> a standard jamma supply will not power a pc with the 28 way connector. best off
> tapping your pc's power off the main feed in, usually theres somewhere to connect
> power to.
>
> as for the pc's switch there's a way to make a pc boot as soon as power is applied to
> it (can't remeber how) i just opted for a little switch giving the option to reboot
> the pc without having to turn the whole cab on and off when something crashes

Usually in the BIOS under power options, it goes on the line of "AC/Power Restore action =" Whereby you can have it set to off, on or auto (turns on if the pc was on before)

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2685