MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Quick boot question...
#306354 - 03/27/13 05:06 AM

Should a 2000 NFL/NBA 2K board still boot with the HD unplugged(at least to the post test)? I know that a PC won't until it's formatted but you can still get in the cmos/bios. (BMs do at least tell you that it's bad, are there any that don't?) The cab board should be the same way right? Unless it's bad... I know it's getting power and all that. I didn't want to attach the HD until I got to check the voltages up to the board and they are OK. Curious...

TIA

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Quick boot question... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#306370 - 03/27/13 12:49 PM

> Should a 2000 NFL/NBA 2K board still boot with the HD unplugged(at least to the post
> test)? I know that a PC won't until it's formatted but you can still get in the
> cmos/bios. (BMs do at least tell you that it's bad, are there any that don't?) The
> cab board should be the same way right? Unless it's bad... I know it's getting power
> and all that. I didn't want to attach the HD until I got to check the voltages up to
> the board and they are OK. Curious...
>
> TIA

If it's anything like my gauntlet board it will boot, moan there's no harddrive and then go into a watchdog loop.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Quick boot question... new [Re: Naoki]
#306383 - 03/27/13 04:25 PM

That's what I figured. Thanks, I'll start checking some other things first.

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Quick boot question... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#306591 - 03/30/13 11:43 PM

Every hd using Midway game I've ever had didn't run stable using 5.1V out. Use a multimeter on the power supply 5V and try setting to slightly higher voltage readings like 5.2 and 5.25. Maybe even higher.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2368