RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1 | 2 |

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

WTF Coke???
#321304 - 02/03/14 02:55 AM

This is America and the SuperBowl!

We respect all cultures but WE speak ENGLISH!!!

Why the fuck would you put the National Anthem in any other language???

There is no law in the arena

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#321305 - 02/03/14 03:06 AM

> This is America and the SuperBowl!
>
> We respect all cultures but WE speak ENGLISH!!!
>
> Why the fuck would you put the National anthem in any other languegae???

Any other what? Could you repost in English, please?

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Gor]
#321306 - 02/03/14 03:10 AM

I am sure you appreciated it and found it comforting when it was in your native language.

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with it being spoken in anything but English is just fucking WRONG!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#321307 - 02/03/14 03:22 AM

>
> We respect all cultures but WE speak ENGLISH!!!
>
> Why the fuck would you put the National Anthem in any other language???

The point of singing the US National Anthem in another language is to imply that people from the countries whose language is being used want to be here.

So... this is Bruno Mars? Maybe the live environment detracts from the quality of the performance. Or just as likely not. Eh, this one, post-RHCP, is okayish.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#321311 - 02/03/14 03:53 AM

> I am sure you appreciated it and found it comforting when it was in your native
> language.
>
> Anyone who doesn't have a problem with it being spoken in anything but English is
> just fucking WRONG!

I knew there would be more than a handful of idiots who would be pissed off by that. I didn't think any of them would come from this forum though...

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: italie]
#321312 - 02/03/14 03:57 AM

> I knew there would be more than a handful of idiots who would be pissed off by that.
> I didn't think any of them would come from this forum though...

War room thread candidate? Nothing's been moved there for a while.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Matty_]
#321314 - 02/03/14 03:59 AM

> > I knew there would be more than a handful of idiots who would be pissed off by
> that.
> > I didn't think any of them would come from this forum though...
>
> War room thread candidate? Nothing's been moved there for a while.

It'll get there, I'm sure.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

#321316 - 02/03/14 04:07 AM

Idiots?

Look in the mirror my friend.

The National anthem was written by Francis Scott Key in like 1814 and they spoke English!

I doubt he had any intention of it to be translated.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#321317 - 02/03/14 04:34 AM

I don't watch football anymore and haven't seen this nonsense but ever since Janet Jackson got her tit ripped off the halftime show has become a shock jock. If you think ninjakid is alone give me a frigging break.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#321318 - 02/03/14 04:46 AM

> ever since Janet Jackson got her tit ripped off

LMAO... Somehow I don't remember it being quite that dramatic.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: DMala]
#321320 - 02/03/14 04:51 AM

It was, laughably impassioned and intentional, direct grab and rip and then heavy enough breathing to have been 1 second past an orgasm.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Let me help: Interview with Chris Maragos new [Re: italie]
#321321 - 02/03/14 04:56 AM

> > > I knew there would be more than a handful of idiots who would be pissed off by
> > that.
> > > I didn't think any of them would come from this forum though...
> >
> > War room thread candidate? Nothing's been moved there for a while.
>
> It'll get there, I'm sure.

Chris Maragos, Seattle Seahawks free safety

!!WARNING: CHRISTIAN CONTENT!!

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#321322 - 02/03/14 05:01 AM

> I am sure you appreciated it and found it comforting when it was in your native
> language.
>
> Anyone who doesn't have a problem with it being spoken in anything but English is
> just fucking WRONG!

The way you get worked up about dumb shit is retardedly endearing. Also, your misspelling of "language" in a post bitching about the non-use of the English language was an historic event.

Gracias para el entertainment, Holmes. The game was lacking in that department.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Let me help: Interview with Chris Maragos new [Re: Qun Mang]
#321323 - 02/03/14 05:05 AM

> !!WARNING: CHRISTIAN CONTENT!!

Warning: Luciferian content!

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Let me help: Interview with Chris Maragos new [Re: Qun Mang]
#321324 - 02/03/14 05:05 AM

It's generally when religious posts have a condescending backtone that they become a problem. Having beliefs with an actual real respect for other people not believing I don't think would be a problem. Politics though is too much of a mess to ever sort peacefully. Just look at any politician in the US, are you sure they are even a real human?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Let me help: Interview with Chris Maragos new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#321325 - 02/03/14 05:06 AM

Is that a chicken wang?

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321328 - 02/03/14 05:13 AM

> Idiots?
>
> Look in the mirror my friend.
>
> The National anthem was written by Francis Scott Key in like 1814 and they spoke
> English!
>
> I doubt he had any intention of it to be translated.

Answer me this, why the fuck does it matter? Is it because some terrurist A-rab was singing it? Because they showed them Mexicans? Because the Jews are going to take over every damned thing?

The mere idea that someone would get pissed off over a song goes a long way in showing the character of that person. Especially so when that song was being sung in a manner that represented respect and admiration.

Oh, and FYI...the tune to the Star Spangled Banner is stolen from a drinking song by a British composer. I highly doubt ~he~ had any intention of it becoming Americas national anthem. Shit happens.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

#321329 - 02/03/14 05:20 AM

>
> Answer me this, why the fuck does it matter? Is it because some terrurist A-rab was
> singing it? Because they showed them Mexicans? Because the Jews are going to take
> over every damned thing?
>
> The mere idea that someone would get pissed off over a song goes a long way in
> showing the character of that person. Especially so when that song was being sung in
> a manner that represented respect and admiration.
>
> Oh, and FYI...the tune to the Star Spangled Banner is stolen from a drinking song by
> a British composer. I highly doubt ~he~ had any intention of it becoming Americas
> national anthem. Shit happens.

Well, count me as one who would be ticked off if the national anthem (Star Spangled Banner) was sung in a foreign language. However, after someone else told me the same thing as this thread (the national anthem being sung) I looked up the commercial. Unless there was another singing Coke commercial, the song was America the Beautiful, not The Star Spangled Banner.

edit: added commercial

Edited by Qun Mang (02/03/14 05:23 AM)

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Qun Mang]
#321330 - 02/03/14 05:26 AM

> >
> > Answer me this, why the fuck does it matter? Is it because some terrurist A-rab was
> > singing it? Because they showed them Mexicans? Because the Jews are going to take
> > over every damned thing?
> >
> > The mere idea that someone would get pissed off over a song goes a long way in
> > showing the character of that person. Especially so when that song was being sung
> in
> > a manner that represented respect and admiration.
> >
> > Oh, and FYI...the tune to the Star Spangled Banner is stolen from a drinking song
> by
> > a British composer. I highly doubt ~he~ had any intention of it becoming Americas
> > national anthem. Shit happens.
>
> Well, count me as one who would be ticked off if the national anthem (Star Spangled
> Banner) was sung in a foreign language. However, after someone else told me the same
> thing as this thread (the national anthem being sung) I looked up the commercial.
> Unless there was another singing Coke commercial, the song was America the Beautiful,
> not The Star Spangled Banner.
>
>
> edit: added commercial

Nope, that was the one. Made this thread that much better though....

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#321331 - 02/03/14 05:27 AM

> Why the fuck would you put the National Anthem in any other language???

You're a fucking idiot. You don't even know what our national anthem is.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321332 - 02/03/14 05:28 AM

I still haven't seen it and I'm not pissed off but the fact of the matter is if you move to another country like Germany or Japan you learn their language and when people move here they diarrhea on your face instead. I don't want to learn foreign languages. I've tried, it's hard, I can't do it well, I don't like it and I don't like it being forced on me. I love the country's founders as much as anybody but one thing they got wrong is not naming a single official language.

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

Hendrix shouldn't have played it in Guitarese either. <nt> new [Re: italie]
#321333 - 02/03/14 05:31 AM

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321335 - 02/03/14 05:40 AM

> I still haven't seen it and I'm not pissed off but the fact of the matter is if you
> move to another country like Germany or Japan you learn their language and when
> people move here they diarrhea on your face instead. I don't want to learn foreign
> languages. I've tried, it's hard, I can't do it well, I don't like it and I don't
> like it being forced on me. I love the country's founders as much as anybody but one
> thing they got wrong is not naming a single official language.

Fact of the matter is, a great number of people in other countries speak English. I head overseas a lot on business, and people are always willing to conduct business in English , without hesitation. You don't get the same response here when the roles are reversed, and that is a shame.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Hendrix was a pinko commie hippy bastage <nt> new [Re: snake78]
#321336 - 02/03/14 05:41 AM

but I love me some guitarese.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321337 - 02/03/14 05:41 AM

It's not a shame you're just a puss. English was chosen as the international business language. That's why they learn it. They don't learn "all languages". It has nothing to do with people moving here.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321338 - 02/03/14 05:49 AM

> It's not a shame you're just a puss. English was chosen as the international business
> language. That's why they learn it. They don't learn "all languages". It has nothing
> to do with people moving here.

So I should be yelling at them to learn the damned language, even though I don't learn theirs because "it's hard, I can't do it well, I don't like it and I don't like it being forced on me"?

Seems like a double standard. And a lame one at that. You didn't learn any Spanish or German in high school? Oh, right, damned Krauts 'n Spics don't deserve the respect.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: krick]
#321339 - 02/03/14 05:57 AM

> > Why the fuck would you put the National Anthem in any other language???
>
> You're a fucking idiot. You don't even know what our national anthem is.

I feel so terrible for not catching that one. I am ashamed. :seppuku:

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321340 - 02/03/14 05:58 AM

If I moved to another country I would learn their language before and while doing so so how is that a double standard? Yes I'm not good at it so I would do it poorly but it would at least be an effort. If you moved to another country you would be in a much worse position if you didn't learn their language vs. people coming here and not bothering because we're so lazy we'd rather write kay passa on toilet paper than to cause a wave. The only reason they would put up with you in another country not learning their language is to practice their English on you, again either because it's the international business language or because they want to move here, otherwise they couldn't care less about it. I did study foreign language in high school and didn't do well at all. If it was taught from the age where you can still develop language skills I could have done better but by high school you are way past that.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321341 - 02/03/14 06:30 AM

> If I moved to another country I would learn their language before and while doing so
> so how is that a double standard? Yes I'm not good at it so I would do it poorly but
> it would at least be an effort. If you moved to another country you would be in a
> much worse position if you didn't learn their language vs. people coming here and not
> bothering because we're so lazy we'd rather write kay passa on toilet paper than to
> cause a wave. The only reason they would put up with you in another country not
> learning their language is to practice their English on you, again either because
> it's the international business language or because they want to move here, otherwise
> they couldn't care less about it. I did study foreign language in high school and
> didn't do well at all. If it was taught from the age where you can still develop
> language skills I could have done better but by high school you are way past that.

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321342 - 02/03/14 06:41 AM

If English wasn't the international business language they wouldn't be taught it in school and none of them would know it. That accounts for these people you've met who know their home language as well as decent English who make you feel bad on account of it. If German was the international business language we would be taught it here in grammar school, it's really that simple. People in other counties don't learn all foreign languages - only English because it's the international business language. You just don't get it. And those are the ones not disrupting anything. It's the ones refusing to try and learn English that cause problems. I only addressed this side issue because you brought it up. If you like everybody around you speaking fucking Greek then I'm happy for you.

About this commercial - on the non-English parts I didn't understand a fucking word, are you telling me that's a good thing or my fault? What a load of shit. A country should have one language. And I'm not saying English is superior, I'm saying pick one. One. So we can communicate with each other.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321343 - 02/03/14 06:50 AM

> If English wasn't the international business language they wouldn't be taught it in
> school and none of them would know it. That accounts for these people you've met who
> know their home language as well as decent English who make you feel bad on account
> of it. If German was the international business language we would be taught it here
> in grammar school, it's really that simple. People in other counties don't learn all
> foreign languages - only English because it's the international business language.
> You just don't get it. And those are the ones not disrupting anything. It's the ones
> refusing to try and learn English that cause problems. I only addressed this side
> issue because you brought it up. If you like everybody around you speaking fucking
> Greek then I'm happy for you.
>
> About this commercial - on the non-English parts I didn't understand a fucking word,
> are you telling me that's a good thing or my fault? What a load of shit. A country
> should have one language. And I'm not saying English is superior, I'm saying pick
> one. One. So we can communicate with each other.

I still don't understand where you are going with this, so I pick Kiswahili.

Huu hapa wali, samaki, mbatata, na saladi. Nitakuletea keki baadaye.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321344 - 02/03/14 06:56 AM

Ignorance is not a valid defense against the law and I'm the law.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321346 - 02/03/14 07:23 AM

> Ignorance is not a valid defense against the law and I'm the law.

Well then, since I'm a sworn deputy in upholding the law, do I get to grab your junk? Seriously, this sexual tension is killing me.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

No you aren't new [Re: Smitdogg]
#321347 - 02/03/14 07:24 AM

> Ignorance is not a valid defense against the law and I'm the law.

Anthrax is.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: No you aren't new [Re: Qun Mang]
#321348 - 02/03/14 07:26 AM

> > Ignorance is not a valid defense against the law and I'm the law.
>
> Anthrax is.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321349 - 02/03/14 07:29 AM

Yeah grab that shit

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#321351 - 02/03/14 08:38 AM

Coca-Cola, u sing about America, but...

insert 'Y U NO' guy meme,

Y U No sing American?

Well, yeah. Spanish, Chinese, Hebrew, and whatever else they threw in there are NOT English. It shouldn't be a requirement for foreigners to learn English, but they should realize it'll probably make things a whole lot easier if we could all understand each other. & it certainly should never be a requirement for any naturalized citizen to have to learn a foreign language. They came HERE. If a person can learn another language in their own free time -then more power to 'em (and, yeah, it's nice to expand one's vocabulary).

I'm not offended by the commercial. This land (actually, the rights and opportunities it offers) is a blessing to many people. I just chalk it (the commercial) up to a company going out of their way to look diverse and ethnically friendly. It's not like they (the foreigners) took the song into a back alley and violated it in perverted ways.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

#321353 - 02/03/14 10:51 AM

ok, My mistake but that doesn't change the fact that it is a Patriotic American song that was meant to be sung in ENGLISH!

Would it be acceptable to take the Pledge of Allegiance in anything but English?

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

Re: Hendrix shouldn't have played it in Guitarese either. <nt> new [Re: snake78]
#321354 - 02/03/14 11:08 AM

Is that what Hendrix was doing with the guitar?

I always wondered what the fuck he was doing with the guitar, God knows he wasn't making music!

I never knew he was trying to speak a language with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWZjjqAkaMM

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#321355 - 02/03/14 12:43 PM

> ok, My mistake but that doesn't change the fact that it is a Patriotic American song
> that was meant to be sung in ENGLISH!
>

Where is this rule that says it can only be sung in English?

> Would it be acceptable to take the Pledge of Allegiance in anything but English?

Why are we looking at the sound of their tongue and not the dedication of their heart?

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#321357 - 02/03/14 12:59 PM

Are they not the same?

No

RW-Column
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/10/13
Send PM

#321358 - 02/03/14 01:02 PM

> language.
>
> just fucking WRONG!

America is built up of several nationalities. The advertisement was very apt.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

In your world. new [Re: RW-Column]
#321359 - 02/03/14 01:20 PM

Americans should respect and Honor what this GREAT country has and does give them. When people disregard the honors they have been bestowed they become ignorant and will allow those honors and privileges to be taken away.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#321363 - 02/03/14 02:38 PM

> > Idiots?
> >
> > Look in the mirror my friend.
> >
> > The National anthem was written by Francis Scott Key in like 1814 and they spoke
> > English!
> >
> > I doubt he had any intention of it to be translated.
>
>
> Answer me this, why the fuck does it matter? Is it because some terrurist A-rab was
> singing it? Because they showed them Mexicans? Because the Jews are going to take
> over every damned thing?
>

You forgot to mention the 2 queers. NK's kids are probably gay now after watching that commercial.

> Oh, and FYI...the tune to the Star Spangled Banner is stolen from a drinking song by
> a British composer. I highly doubt ~he~ had any intention of it becoming Americas
> national anthem. Shit happens.

And the repurposing of God Save the Queen/King, the national anthem of Britain, for use in My Country, 'Tis of Thee. Jesus Christ, we're the greatest fucking country in the whole God damned world, you would think we could come up with our own patriotic songs instead of ripping of the English. As a matter of fact, why do we even speak English? I thought we kicked their asses back to England in 1776. We should speak Americanish. And everyone should learn it from birth, everywhere in the world. As well as on any colonies that are put on any moons or planets. Thank you for your support.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Guess I'll get my 2 cents in before the thread gets locked or moved new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#321369 - 02/03/14 03:45 PM

1) As already stated... It wasn't the national anthem, so yes, you were the idiot here.

2) Both the National anthem AND America the Beautiful were taken from a different country (the music anyway) and if the reverse happened today, the US Government would cry copyright BS and try to sue.

I think the commercial was very tasteful. I feel honored that people would want to sing songs that honor America, in their native tongue. If they wanted to use the tune of an American Patriotic song to bad mouth America in their native language, THEN I would be pissed off.

Now, I don't dare compare my sacrifices to those who have actually been wounded in battle (the closest I've been is the Indian ocean and the western Arabian/Persian Gulf) but unrelated to actual battle I have actually bled for this country (and my avatar is the result of my most extreme example) which is more than most Americans can say.

So if you can't say the same, I would hope that you take to heart what I just said and look at it from my point of view. If it isn't meant to dishonor us, then you should feel honored, not pissed off.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

The terrorists are gonna gitcha *nt* new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#321379 - 02/03/14 07:00 PM

NinjaTits

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Hendrix shouldn't have played it in Guitarese either. <nt> new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#321380 - 02/03/14 07:34 PM

What a crazy, narrow minded world you live in. You deserve the unhappiness and stress it brings you.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

#321381 - 02/03/14 08:20 PM

> If English wasn't the international business language they wouldn't be taught it in
> school and none of them would know it. That accounts for these people you've met who
> know their home language as well as decent English who make you feel bad on account
> of it. If German was the international business language we would be taught it here
> in grammar school, it's really that simple. People in other counties don't learn all
> foreign languages - only English because it's the international business language.
> You just don't get it. And those are the ones not disrupting anything. It's the ones
> refusing to try and learn English that cause problems. I only addressed this side
> issue because you brought it up. If you like everybody around you speaking fucking
> Greek then I'm happy for you.
>
> About this commercial - on the non-English parts I didn't understand a fucking word,
> are you telling me that's a good thing or my fault? What a load of shit. A country
> should have one language. And I'm not saying English is superior, I'm saying pick
> one. One. So we can communicate with each other.

Agreed english is the business language of the world. It is said because during the height of american sales and productivity world wide and the vast amount of money to be made in this country that many overseas business's taught english to their people in order to come to this country and cash in on those sales potentials. of course this was back when the u.s. was a world leader financially...

agree also if your advertising on national t.v. in a english speaking country then it should be in english as far as national athems etc. go. I don't understand the double standard myself... we, the u.s, as a nation are supossed to bend over backwards and make everyone from every other country and feel welcomed.. I feel they chose to come here, they chose a english speaking country so learn the damn language. I don't expect japan, china, russia or any other country to change their language just because I show up there.

Got no problem with anyone wanting to come to this country, but come to be apart of it not expect this country to change for you.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Renegade]
#321383 - 02/03/14 09:01 PM

> > If English wasn't the international business language they wouldn't be taught it in
> > school and none of them would know it. That accounts for these people you've met
> who
> > know their home language as well as decent English who make you feel bad on account
> > of it. If German was the international business language we would be taught it here
> > in grammar school, it's really that simple. People in other counties don't learn
> all
> > foreign languages - only English because it's the international business language.
> > You just don't get it. And those are the ones not disrupting anything. It's the
> ones
> > refusing to try and learn English that cause problems. I only addressed this side
> > issue because you brought it up. If you like everybody around you speaking fucking
> > Greek then I'm happy for you.
> >
> > About this commercial - on the non-English parts I didn't understand a fucking
> word,
> > are you telling me that's a good thing or my fault? What a load of shit. A country
> > should have one language. And I'm not saying English is superior, I'm saying pick
> > one. One. So we can communicate with each other.
>
> Agreed english is the business language of the world. It is said because during the
> height of american sales and productivity world wide and the vast amount of money to
> be made in this country that many overseas business's taught english to their people
> in order to come to this country and cash in on those sales potentials. of course
> this was back when the u.s. was a world leader financially...
>
> agree also if your advertising on national t.v. in a english speaking country then
> it should be in english as far as national athems etc. go. I don't understand the
> double standard myself... we, the u.s, as a nation are supossed to bend over
> backwards and make everyone from every other country and feel welcomed.. I feel they
> chose to come here, they chose a english speaking country so learn the damn language.
> I don't expect japan, china, russia or any other country to change their language
> just because I show up there.
>
> Got no problem with anyone wanting to come to this country, but come to be apart of
> it not expect this country to change for you.

That's exactly it though. The ad wasn't suggesting anyone change. It was people in other countries dreaming of america...or people in america singing in their native tongue. The add said nothing of changing for them..I did, in a way.

I just think it's a bit full of us as a people to not be accommodating in the slightest. When I go to another country I don't expect anyone to speak English. What I often find is that most do, and even apologize if their English isn't great. I don't expect, and receive.

Those same people would come here, try to speak English, and get shit on the first time they stumbled over words. Its shameful that the mere thought of being accommodating is immediately seen as "Dose dumb farking foreigner turrorist better learn our words!"

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#321386 - 02/03/14 10:12 PM

> agree also if your advertising on national t.v. in a english speaking country then
> it should be in english as far as national athems etc. go. I don't understand the
> double standard myself... we, the u.s, as a nation are supossed to bend over
> backwards and make everyone from every other country and feel welcomed..

For someone who has such a hard-on for English, you really aren't doing it many favors, champ.

Not to mention the fact that, as has been said multiple times in this thread already, America the Beautiful is not the national anthem.

Hizzout
Send PM

#321389 - 02/03/14 11:38 PM

The Bible you like to thump wasn't written in English. In fact you could be killed if it were translated into any other language in the not too distant past.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Hizzout]
#321391 - 02/04/14 12:03 AM

> The Bible you like to thump wasn't written in English. In fact you could be killed if
> it were translated into any other language in the not too distant past.

He isn't into the Bible.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#321394 - 02/04/14 12:49 AM

> > The Bible you like to thump wasn't written in English. In fact you could be killed if
> > it were translated into any other language in the not too distant past.
>
> He isn't into the Bible.

He occasionally claims to be Christian when it suits him.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#321399 - 02/04/14 01:41 AM

Surprisingly, it's not the increased risks of obesity or type-2 diabetes you get from regularly drinking something that can be used to clean your toilet.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: Gor]
#321403 - 02/04/14 02:11 AM

Just look at the yt comments. The main point that really needs to be made is they knew it would cause a shitstorm like this and chose to do it. They refailed the Pepsi Challenge. Just because people think American songs should be in English doesn't make them a fucking racist.

And btw it's not Coke who makes their ads, it's Wieden and Kennedy, always has been. Same old emotional tug bullshit since the 60s. Same for Nike.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

I'd like to teach the world to sing. *nt* new [Re: Gor]
#321404 - 02/04/14 02:31 AM

> Surprisingly, it's not the increased risks of obesity or type-2 diabetes you get from
> regularly drinking something that can be used to clean your toilet.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

In perfect harmony --nt-- new [Re: Stiletto]
#321406 - 02/04/14 03:13 AM

nt

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

#321408 - 02/04/14 03:42 AM

I have absolutly no problem with those that try and i both appreciate and applaud those that do.

I am alot older than many here and seen so much change so that we dont offend any of those of different nationalities.

Christian children arent allowed to pray in school or
Wear shirts with christian symbols but yet muslim
Children are allowed to pray, muslim girls are allowed to wear head coverings. I am tired of the double standards. Muslim or christian, i dont care but both should share the same standards.

If we can hav black entertainment t.v. then we should be able to have white entertainment t.v. but that would be considered racist. It is to the point its only racism if your white or christian.

In this country or any country i beleive everyone should live by the same standards regardless of skin color or race. If i earn a paycheck and pay taxes then so should every mexican who earns one too but do they? Not if they are on work visa's.
Am i as an american allowed to wear any head gear that hides my face into any goverment buildings or for any type of picture i.d.? No but if i were muslim i could. We were a nation that treated all equally but not any more... jus sick and tired of all the double standards...

URherenow
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Matty_]
#321410 - 02/04/14 03:48 AM

> He occasionally claims to be Christian when it suits him.

Christian is a relatively broad term though (any person/group that believes in Jesus Christ). Several religions fall into that category. Heck, you could separate those 'several' even more; there are about 21 different expressions of the Catholic Faith alone...

that doesn't necessarily mean that they actually FOLLOW the teachings of Jesus Christ (see: Westboro Baptist Church)

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#321412 - 02/04/14 04:27 AM

> I have absolutly no problem with those that try and i both appreciate and applaud
> those that do.
>
> I am alot older than many here and seen so much change so that we dont offend any of
> those of different nationalities.
>
> Christian children arent allowed to pray in school or
> Wear shirts with christian symbols but yet muslim
> Children are allowed to pray, muslim girls are allowed to wear head coverings. I am
> tired of the double standards. Muslim or christian, i dont care but both should share
> the same standards.
>
> If we can hav black entertainment t.v. then we should be able to have white
> entertainment t.v. but that would be considered racist. It is to the point its only
> racism if your white or christian.
>
> In this country or any country i beleive everyone should live by the same standards
> regardless of skin color or race. If i earn a paycheck and pay taxes then so should
> every mexican who earns one too but do they? Not if they are on work visa's.
> Am i as an american allowed to wear any head gear that hides my face into any
> goverment buildings or for any type of picture i.d.? No but if i were muslim i could.
> We were a nation that treated all equally but not any more... jus sick and tired of
> all the double standards...

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#321417 - 02/04/14 05:40 AM

> In this country or any country i beleive everyone should live by the same standards
> regardless of skin color or race. If i earn a paycheck and pay taxes then so should
> every mexican who earns one too but do they? Not if they are on work visa's.

This article will help you determine whether the mexican is legally required to file taxes - When Visa or Green Card Holders Must Pay Taxes. If you live and work in another country, you are still required to file and pay U.S. taxes because of your citizenship. The U.S. is one of the only countries requiring that of their citizens.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: Gor]
#321437 - 02/04/14 08:15 PM

> This article will help you determine whether the mexican is legally required to file
> taxes - When Visa or Green Card Holders Must Pay Taxes. If you live and work in
> another country, you are still required to file and pay U.S. taxes because of your
> citizenship. The U.S. is one of the only countries requiring that of their citizens.

Yeah we have several plants around here that hire many mexicans and that is the largest
complaint I hear from those americans that work there. My aunt was a floor manger for 1
plant for 20 yrs and she quit because of the fact that many immigrants came in making almost
as much as she was and taking home as much as she was. She quit once she found out that
the company was giving them 2 weeks a year paid vacation right off the bat. they did this
so that they could go back to mexico 2 weeks a year to meet some requirement to maintain
their work status. I dont know what laws, requirements they were and are following but i
do know from many friends and family many dont pay federal taxes out of their checks.

again dont care about race, skin color etc. just think all rules should apply equally to
all people...

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#321442 - 02/04/14 10:43 PM

> Just look at the yt comments. The main point that really needs to be made is they
> knew it would cause a shitstorm like this and chose to do it.

There's no such thing as bad publicity.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#321443 - 02/04/14 10:44 PM

I don't agree with that. Ever since Rolling Stone put bomberboy on the front cover, I'd never read it again.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Conservatives will take up arms, and worsen all to see -nt- new [Re: Mr. Do]
#321444 - 02/04/14 10:45 PM

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#321445 - 02/04/14 10:47 PM

> I don't agree with that. Ever since Rolling Stone put bomberboy on the front cover,
> I'd never read it again.

I admire your stick-to-it-iveness. Too bad most of the people kicking up a storm about boycotting Coke don't have the same willpower.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321446 - 02/04/14 10:49 PM

I don't think the Coke thing is on the same level at all. I wouldn't boycott them over it.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#321465 - 02/05/14 10:00 AM

> I don't think the Coke thing is on the same level at all. I wouldn't boycott them
> over it.

Then I'll meet you in the middle: There is such thing as bad publicity, but I don't think that this Coke thing rises to that point. I just feel like there are enough people who will see it as a celebration of multiculturalism to match or potentially outweigh any of the people threatening to boycott over it.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321473 - 02/05/14 03:19 PM

I don't, I think it further divides the country into categories of looking like either bleeding heart pussies who will let people walk all over their history and culture or rednecks who "must be racists" if they don't want to get buttfucked by immigrants. At any rate making anything this controversial is lame. It's like the new Coke commercial will get added to the list of things not to talk about during a first date. It's like Peta for immigrants.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#321477 - 02/05/14 04:19 PM

> I don't, I think it further divides the country into categories of looking like
> either bleeding heart pussies who will let people walk all over their history and
> culture or rednecks who "must be racists" if they don't want to get buttfucked by
> immigrants. At any rate making anything this controversial is lame. It's like the new
> Coke commercial will get added to the list of things not to talk about during a first
> date. It's like Peta for immigrants.

If someone feels strongly enough about it to avoid discussing it on a first date, they should discuss it on that date. Anything that would break it off is cause to break it off right away.

But then, I'm hardly the right person to take relationship advice from.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#321479 - 02/05/14 05:23 PM

> Just look at the yt comments. The main point that really needs to be made is they
> knew it would cause a shitstorm like this and chose to do it. They refailed the Pepsi
> Challenge. Just because people think American songs should be in English doesn't make them a fucking racist.

I agree. Also, it's common sense.

These songs were written in the common language of the entire US citizenry: English.

Having said that, I still liked the ad, as a testament to how the world views America, the country, as opposed to Washington D.C.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#321480 - 02/05/14 05:31 PM

> I don't, I think it further divides the country into categories of looking like
> either bleeding heart pussies who will let people walk all over their history and
> culture or rednecks who "must be racists" if they don't want to get buttfucked by
> immigrants.

I don't think hardly anyone (except ninjatwit) is a "redneck who must be racist if he doesn't want to get buttfucked by immigrants", I just think a little less of people for freaking out so badly over a fucking SONG in a shitty commercial for a shitty product. It's not the national anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner is, it's just a song that happened to get popular a hundred years ago instead of ten. It's not even that great of a song.

Mark my words, long after you and I are dead and gone, some inept jackass at some inept advertising company is going to take some Toby Keith song singing about America, "sully" it, and people will freak out just like they are now. Over a fucking song.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: Master O]
#321481 - 02/05/14 05:32 PM

I'm pretty sure this is no longer the world view. W+K are the kings of playing with people's emotions. They sit around for months and months thinking about how they can emo-heart tug target audiences that they refer to as "consumers". You need to see it for what it is.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321482 - 02/05/14 05:34 PM

I didn't mean you, I meant people in general. Just look at the yt comments.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Send PM

#321483 - 02/05/14 06:02 PM

> I'm pretty sure this is no longer the world view. W+K are the kings of playing with people's emotions. They sit around for months and months thinking about how they can emo-heart tug target audiences that they refer to as "consumers". You need to see it for what it is.

Do you mean the way the world views the US is no longer the world view?

Also, I do see the ad for what it is, but that doesn't mean I can't think it was a good ad otherwise.

W+K is not the only ad company to do ads like that, though. I don't have any examples on me at the moment, but it has been done before.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#321484 - 02/05/14 06:02 PM

> I didn't mean you, I meant people in general. Just look at the yt comments.

Totally, I'm just saying I'm disappointed in the reactionary people on either side of this thing. At the end of the day it's just a dumb commercial.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321485 - 02/05/14 06:06 PM

> > I'm pretty sure this is no longer the world view. W+K are the kings of playing with
> people's emotions. They sit around for months and months thinking about how they can
> emo-heart tug target audiences that they refer to as "consumers". You need to see it
> for what it is.
>
> Do you mean the way the world views the US is no longer the world view?

Does your momma know you're gay?

> Also, I do see the ad for what it is, but that doesn't mean I can't think it was a
> good ad otherwise.
>
> W+K is not the only ad company to do ads like that, though. I don't have any examples
> on me at the moment, but it has been done before.

Of course not but they are the kings of it.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Send PM

#321486 - 02/05/14 06:10 PM

> > > I'm pretty sure this is no longer the world view. W+K are the kings of playing
> with
> > people's emotions. They sit around for months and months thinking about how they
> can
> > emo-heart tug target audiences that they refer to as "consumers". You need to see
> it
> > for what it is.
> >
> > Do you mean the way the world views the US is no longer the world view?
>
> Does your momma know you're gay?
>
> > Also, I do see the ad for what it is, but that doesn't mean I can't think it was a
> > good ad otherwise.
> >
> > W+K is not the only ad company to do ads like that, though. I don't have any
> examples
> > on me at the moment, but it has been done before.
>
> Of course not but they are the kings of it.

Ok, was merely making sure about the world view. I figured most of the hostility towards the US was merely aimed at the Federal Government, as opposed to Americans themselves.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#321487 - 02/05/14 06:13 PM

It just sounded like you were making a statement in your question, like the old joke I quoted. I don't think this is the world view anymore, a lot of people don't like us, we're in debt indefinitely and people I'm sure lump govt and people. It's what we wish was still the world view I think. That isn't to say nobody looks at us this way.

Hizzout
Send PM

Sing it in "Murican" and people still get mad new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#321493 - 02/05/14 09:57 PM

Quote:

people will freak out just like they are now. Over a fucking song.

URherenow
Send PM

#321508 - 02/06/14 07:02 AM

This made me a little upset, but it had nothing to do with the commercial. It was the idiots who started the hate, that don't even know what our National Anthem is. To make things worse, some of them tried to correct themselves and say "no, I meant the National Hymn"

No you idiot... it's not the National Hymn either. The only song to get that title was "God of Our Fathers" which, by the way, was written to the tune of Russian Hymn!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#321509 - 02/06/14 10:02 AM

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#321510 - 02/06/14 10:05 AM

> It just sounded like you were making a statement in your question, like the old joke
> I quoted. I don't think this is the world view anymore, a lot of people don't like
> us, we're in debt indefinitely and people I'm sure lump govt and people. It's what we
> wish was still the world view I think. That isn't to say nobody looks at us this way.

Having spoken to a number of my coworkers and other people here in Sweden, it really depends. Some people lump Americans in with the bullshit that gets exported from the country, but there's also a lot of "grass is greener" thinking where people are absolutely shocked when I tell them that I much prefer it here in Sweden.

For anyone who's actually been to America here, the general feeling depending on where they went is usually one of two things: That the country is fairly unremarkable (if they didn't go to any major cities), or that the people are actually rather hospitable, or sometimes both.

In a way, visiting America usually helps erase any hasty generalizations that they've made about the country. The stereotype of course is that everyone's a stupid, xenophobic, gun-toting, racist shitheel, but when they encounter people who are kind and welcoming, they're usually forced to re-evaluate those views. It makes sense in a way, because most of the people terrified about "furriners" are more likely to be holed up at home watching whatever shitty news network they prefer rather than being out and about interacting with people.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#321520 - 02/06/14 04:16 PM

> > This is America and the SuperBowl!

You win the Internet this time, Trigg.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#321523 - 02/06/14 05:38 PM

> These songs were written in the common language of the entire US citizenry: English.

I'm looking forward to you learning Spanish when that finally takes over.

Languages are fluid, it's not something that is worth getting upset about.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#321525 - 02/06/14 05:44 PM

> The stereotype of course is that everyone's a stupid,
> xenophobic, gun-toting, racist shitheel, but when they encounter people who are kind
> and welcoming, they're usually forced to re-evaluate those views.

I don't believe everyone in the US is a stupid, xenophobic, gun-toting, racist shitheel. Just that you have more than your fair share of them and rather than being vilified they are tolerated and sometimes celebrated. Giving up the right to bear arms would make Americans look less stupid.

You don't have a monopoly on stupid or xenophobic, that is universal wherever it's allowed to fester.

Apart from the US government lying about WMD so you could justify going in to countries to sort them out I don't believe the US government itself has such a bad reputation as the people. Although I don't come from one of the countries targeted and I imagine that would make you feel slightly different about it.

You have some interesting laws

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2014/02/06/10497285.aspx

Edited by smf (02/06/14 05:50 PM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: ]
#321528 - 02/06/14 06:52 PM

> You have some interesting laws

So do you guys. So do all countries. It just isn't half as popular on the Internet among holier-than-thou Eurotrash to point and laugh at their own old, anachronistic laws that nobody can be bothered to repeal than it is to point and laugh at those stupid, gun-toting Americans, apparently.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#321548 - 02/07/14 02:52 AM

> It just isn't half as popular on the Internet
> among holier-than-thou Eurotrash to point and laugh at their own old, anachronistic
> laws that nobody can be bothered to repeal

We spend more time pointing and laughing about our own countries than the US, you just don't read it because it's not about the US.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#321568 - 02/07/14 10:07 AM

> > It just isn't half as popular on the Internet
> > among holier-than-thou Eurotrash to point and laugh at their own old, anachronistic
> > laws that nobody can be bothered to repeal
>
> We spend more time pointing and laughing about our own countries than the US, you
> just don't read it because it's not about the US.

This is an international forum. On it, we see just the one side of that. If we don't read it, that's because it doesn't exist here. So why is that?

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: In your world. new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#321572 - 02/07/14 12:48 PM

> Americans should respect and Honor what this GREAT country has and does give them.
> When people disregard the honors they have been bestowed they become ignorant and
> will allow those honors and privileges to be taken away.

You sure talk like some brainwashed cult terrorist. No wonder people closed minded like that don't feel remorse killing others "for our country" and believe it's all right. One thing is to have respect for the place you live in while being tolerant to others and yet another to try and menace how their lives should be when they don't follow the cult.

You put a bad name on the good Americans.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#321573 - 02/07/14 12:53 PM

> This is an international forum. On it, we see just the one side of that. If we don't
> read it, that's because it doesn't exist here. So why is that?

There are many possible explanations.

1. begging the question (you assume it doesn't exist here because you don't read it and not the other way round).
2. people from the US get more defensive and so the threads become more visible.
3. people from the US start more racist (etc) threads.

I don't think there is any prejudice against the US. Whenever North Korea do something stupid then it gets just as much coverage as when the US does something stupid.

Using the loony bin as your example is pretty insane. It's statistically insignificant and the people who post here are self selecting.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#321576 - 02/07/14 01:52 PM

> > This is an international forum. On it, we see just the one side of that. If we
> don't
> > read it, that's because it doesn't exist here. So why is that?
>
> There are many possible explanations.
>
> 1. begging the question (you assume it doesn't exist here because you don't read it
> and not the other way round).

I read what is here. It isn't here. There are no unread threads in this forum.

> 2. people from the US get more defensive and so the threads become more visible.
> 3. people from the US start more racist (etc) threads.

Your posting of these two is indicative of the situation.

> I don't think there is any prejudice against the US. Whenever North Korea do
> something stupid then it gets just as much coverage as when the US does something
> stupid.

Are there North Koreans here posting this stuff?

> Using the loony bin as your example is pretty insane. It's statistically
> insignificant and the people who post here are self selecting.

So, you're saying the people here hate the US, but other places balance that? Because this is where this observation was made.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#321580 - 02/07/14 02:43 PM

> > 2. people from the US get more defensive and so the threads become more visible.
> > 3. people from the US start more racist (etc) threads.
>
> Your posting of these two is indicative of the situation.

Your response highlights my point.

> Are there North Koreans here posting this stuff?

I doubt it, why?

> So, you're saying the people here hate the US, but other places balance that? Because
> this is where this observation was made.

I'm saying that any observation on the loony bin, which appears to be devoted to trolling, is going to be biased towards those who are easily trolled.

It would probably help your cause a bit more if you weren't claiming oppression against US citizens by non US citizens in a thread about racism against US citizens by other US citizens.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#321582 - 02/07/14 03:04 PM

> > > 2. people from the US get more defensive and so the threads become more visible.
> > > 3. people from the US start more racist (etc) threads.
> >
> > Your posting of these two is indicative of the situation.
>
> Your response highlights my point.

Not really. You made accusations against Americans. I pointed out that you did that.

> > Are there North Koreans here posting this stuff?
>
> I doubt it, why?

Because if they aren't, you're just saying you like to attack both Americans and Koreans, when you previously claimed that people said these things about their own countries.

> > So, you're saying the people here hate the US, but other places balance that?
> Because
> > this is where this observation was made.
>
> I'm saying that any observation on the loony bin, which appears to be devoted to
> trolling, is going to be biased towards those who are easily trolled.
>
> It would probably help your cause a bit more if you weren't claiming oppression
> against US citizens by non US citizens in a thread about racism against US citizens
> by other US citizens.

I'm just looking for the balance you said exists, and you're the one that inserted obscure American laws into a discussion of an ad that has no bearing on them.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#321583 - 02/07/14 03:05 PM

> culture

It sounds like they don't feel threatened by someone with a different culture.

> or rednecks who "must be racists" if they don't want to get buttfucked by immigrants.

They probably remember what immigrants do to the indigenous population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Removal_Act_of_1830

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: This is what is pissing people off. [Re: TriggerFin]
#321584 - 02/07/14 03:20 PM

> Not really. You made accusations against Americans. I pointed out that you did that.

I gave you possible reasons why Americans might find themselves thinking they were victimised. One of them is that you're imagining it, the other were reasons why you deserve it. I'm not sure which is true, although your reaction is giving me some insight.

> Because if they aren't, you're just saying you like to attack both Americans and
> Koreans, when you previously claimed that people said these things about their own
> countries.

I haven't said I like attacking people. If people deserve derision or criticism then it doesn't matter what country they are from.

> I'm just looking for the balance you said exists,
> and you're the one that inserted
> obscure American laws into a discussion of an ad that has no bearing on them.

The ad was shown at the super bowl, the uniforms were at the super bowl. The ad was criticised for being anti-patriotic, using the flag on a uniform is illegal because it's anti-patriotic. The article was written by a US citizen. How is that not balanced?

Edited by smf (02/07/14 03:30 PM)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? [Re: Smitdogg]
#321586 - 02/07/14 03:42 PM

> If I moved to another country I would learn their language before and while doing so
> so how is that a double standard?

It's a pity the immigrants to America 200 years ago didn't do that, or you'd all be speaking native American now.

English became the international business language because England took over so many countries. If Germany had been more successful in the first or second world wars then that would have become the dominate language.

English is a mixture of many different languages because England was taken over by so many different countries.

It's easy to say that English is the standard language of America so everyone should learn it, after you colonised the country and tried to eradicate the local language.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: WTF Coke??? [Re: ]
#321587 - 02/07/14 03:54 PM

I hate to even respond to your Indian trolling, but all the tribes had different languages, so it was even more of a mess than it is now.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Let me help: Interview with Chris Maragos [Re: Smitdogg]
#321588 - 02/07/14 04:03 PM

> It's generally when religious posts have a condescending backtone that they become a
> problem.

The problem comes when you use a belief you hold without requiring proof, to prove something.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, but it doesn't make them proofs.

Pages: 1 | 2 |

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 36010