View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Weekend movie marathon
#332725 - 10/03/14 07:21 PM Attachment: [w Sekai de Ichiban][t gamecg] EV_220.png 259 KB (0 downloads)

One house. One weekend. One Alsome Epic Milestone.
65 movies selected, from 1968 to 2014. With luck, only one of each five will be watched.
48 hours with the possibility of six more if we decide to stay sunday night too.
Menu: vinegard rabbit, seasoned turkey, potato/spanish omelette, squid rings (fried calamari), asian noodles, paella, and whatever else we buy there (probably burgers or pizza or both).
Drinks: Kalimotxo, screwdrivers, water.
Appetizers: pickles (spicy, and sour & sweet), gummies (normal ones, and special for diabetos), paprika chips, sunflower seeds (blanquilla variety).
Alternate activities: NONE.

Ave Kubrick, morituri te salutant.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

Re: Weekend movie marathon new [Re: Pi]
#332738 - 10/03/14 11:27 PM

C'mon now you didnt list the movies ! Hopefully tucker and dale vs. evil is on the list !

I really need one of those movie marathon weekends.....

Only here to annoy...

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Weekend movie marathon new [Re: Renegade]
#332739 - 10/04/14 12:31 AM

> C'mon now you didnt list the movies ! Hopefully tucker and dale vs. evil is on the list !

COLLEGE KIDS? COLLEGE KIDS!? COOOLLLLEGE KIIIIIDSSSSSSSS!!!

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Red Warrior Needs Sex Badly! new [Re: Pi]
#332756 - 10/04/14 11:20 AM

My wife and I keep looking over movie lists online to try to come up with weekend lineups, only to discover that..... most of them are full of shit. I know that problem #1 is that we've seen just about everything already. But it seems like every list you look up online does not know what it's talking about. Out of their top 100 comedies of all time, maybe 3 made me laugh. Out of their top 100 horrors, maybe 10 were not laughably stupid. I'm sorry, but "Dr. Strangelove" did NOT make me laugh.

Does anyone know a site with TRUSTWORTHY movie lists?

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Red Warrior Needs Sex Badly! new [Re: Nightvoice]
#332762 - 10/04/14 03:51 PM

> My wife and I keep looking over movie lists online to try to come up with weekend
> lineups, only to discover that..... most of them are full of shit. I know that
> problem #1 is that we've seen just about everything already. But it seems like every
> list you look up online does not know what it's talking about. Out of their top 100
> comedies of all time, maybe 3 made me laugh. Out of their top 100 horrors, maybe 10
> were not laughably stupid. I'm sorry, but "Dr. Strangelove" did NOT make me laugh.

Well, there's the thing there... with your wife, you probably want GOOD movies, ones you either haven't seen or fondly remember. With a bunch of friends, you are more likely to want BAD movies as well, like that 90% of horror films that you find laughable.

Gah, long post before this one, so that's all you get.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Red Warrior Needs Sex Badly! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#332780 - 10/05/14 04:42 AM

@Pi: the chow sounds good. Is this a friend's house or something?

@Nightvoice: lists....make yer own, beau!

I keep not watching Dr. Strangelove before it again leaves my Netflix cue. I tell ya, I've had Netflix for six years, and I've watched maybe a hundred movies in that time. Even at under ten dollars a month, they're making good money off me.

It's amazing how long I could sit and watch TV as a teenager - nearly all Friday night in the first couple years of cable - but now......I have a hard time sitting through one flick, unless I'm really into it. Yet, I can sit outside on the porch (yes, stone sober), day or night, for hours at a time. Especially lately, god it's lovely out.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Weekend movie marathon new [Re: Pi]
#332847 - 10/06/14 12:55 PM

The results:
Edge Of Tomorrow
Zombieland
Blood Diamond
The Wolf Of Wall Street
Fanboys
Godzilla (2014)
Trouble With The Curve
Good Morning, Vietnam
This Is The End
American Hustle
The Avengers
Get The Gringo

Honorable mentions:
Superbad (27 minutes in, movie stops playing)
Halloween (at about 40 minutes in, we wanted more blood so changed movie)

Note 1: I didn't post the list because I was lazy to translate so many titles back to english from the list I already made where the movies had the spanish names.
Note 2: If you don't laugh with Dr. Strangelove, you don't need "trustworthy" movie list, you need to make your own.
Note 3: Yes we ate it all and we even bought more food.
Note 4: Best moments in the weekend were watching Tom Crooze dying so many times, and when my mate didn't stop calling me MUTO for hours.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1624