View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

Sky Raider
#333124 - 10/12/14 05:00 PM Attachment: skyraid.jpg 203 KB (12 downloads)

The second of Atari's three sisters, Sky Raider. This ended up very orange, but I think the color is more or less correct. I tried to get the foreground pieces to match both the background and the small parts of the foreground that were not exposed to light and thus closer to the original color. Format is the same as Destroyer:

• To view the full inner artwork, go the "Video Options" in MAME and turn off the "CPanel" layer.
  • In addition to the standard "Upright Artwork" view, there is also "Upright Artwork (cropped)". On horizontal monitors this will cut off the marquee and provide a larger view of the screen while still showing the virtual control panel. On vertical monitors, the cropped view will go from the edges of the outer bezel (rather than the edges of the backdrop which is wider than the bezel and hidden under black bars).

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Comboman
Send PM

Re: Sky Raider new [Re: Comboman]
#333125 - 10/12/14 05:04 PM Attachment: skyraid.zip 37679 KB (101 downloads)

Here's the zip.

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

#333127 - 10/12/14 06:08 PM

That turned out really nice!

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Re: Sky Raider new [Re: RATMNL]
#333606 - 10/21/14 06:24 PM

Comboman, you are just tearing up the artwork scene!
Thanks so much for picking up so many titles recently, especially the 3 sisters.
Sky Raider was a special title for me as I always managed to get the weekly high score on this game which won me a bag of 10 game tokens Good times!
I really like how you managed the 3d effect that these 3 titles have. Well done sir!

I hope MrDo! will be updating his web site soon to acknowledge your hard work.

TrevEB

Comboman
Send PM

Re: Sky Raider new [Re: TrevEB]
#333608 - 10/21/14 06:45 PM

> Comboman, you are just tearing up the artwork scene!
> Thanks so much for picking up so many titles recently, especially the 3 sisters.
> Sky Raider was a special title for me as I always managed to get the weekly high
> score on this game which won me a bag of 10 game tokens Good times!
> I really like how you managed the 3d effect that these 3 titles have. Well done sir!

Thanks Trev, glad that I could bring back some good memories for you. I am especially fond of the old Atari & Midway games with backdrops, but Sky Raider is one that I've never actually seen in real life, so I hope I got it right (your drawings were helpful). Did anyone notice the outer bezels for Sky Raider and Destroyer are actually photos of the Starship 1 bezel that I recolored?

BTW, I see that you were working on Cops N' Robbers a while ago. Any progress lately? Would you mind if I worked on it?

TrevEB
Send PM

#333612 - 10/21/14 08:07 PM

Hey Comboman,

Re: Recoloring the outer bezel
That would be the right way to do it.

Re: Cops & Robbers. By all means have at it.
The only work MrDo! and I did on it recently was returning the interior artwork to my benefactor.
He had bought the machine years ago from a warehouse in LA without realizing that the interior artwork was not in the cabinet. MrDo! brought the art up to me to have scanned and then returned so now the cabinet is whole again.

This will be a tough project because of how the artwork is skewed to overlay the monitor using tricks and mirrors in the cabinet. The outer bezel is also as big as a 60" flatscreen TV.

If you happen to be any good with blinking lights, Star Cruiser has a "game over" blink light. Terrible game but I like the Star Wars themed art in the bezel.

Carry on and good luck.

TrevEB

Comboman
Send PM

#333613 - 10/21/14 08:23 PM

Unfortunately, until MAME supports "tilting" of the screen, I'll have to go with a "flat" rendering of cabinet interior. Hopefully it will look OK for now.

I think Antny is working on cleaning Star Cruiser, but I can help out with the light if he needs it.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#333625 - 10/22/14 12:11 AM

>I think Antny is working on cleaning Star Cruiser, but I can help out with the light if he needs it.

I started it but I didn't get far and I think I need to redo a few spots I did. If you want to clean it up have at it. Work load doesn't allow me much time anyway.

Great work Combo, I'm impressed with what you've accomplished. Keep it up.

blinddog
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/14
Loc: Washington
Send PM

#333653 - 10/22/14 06:27 PM

Quote:

Re: Cops & Robbers. By all means have at it.
The only work MrDo! and I did on it recently was returning the interior artwork to my benefactor.
He had bought the machine years ago from a warehouse in LA without realizing that the interior artwork was not in the cabinet. MrDo! brought the art up to me to have scanned and then returned so now the cabinet is whole again.

This will be a tough project because of how the artwork is skewed to overlay the monitor using tricks and mirrors in the cabinet. The outer bezel is also as big as a 60" flatscreen TV.

You know of a complete Cops 'N Robbers? That's been the game I've been searching for for the last 7 or so years and have yet to come across in any condition. I'd love to have that one.

TrevEB
Send PM

Re: Sky Raider new [Re: blinddog]
#333655 - 10/22/14 07:03 PM

I don't think he wants to sell it but I will inquire about it.
It's in central California and its a big heavy beast.

TrevEB

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

#333662 - 10/22/14 08:39 PM

That would be cool. I understand if he doesn't want to sell it but it's good to know there is one out on the west coast somewhere. Love the black and whites I'm up to 28 or 29 now.

TrevEB
Send PM

Re: Sky Raider new [Re: blinddog]
#333675 - 10/23/14 01:08 AM

Sorry, the Cops and Robbers is not for sale.

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

#333676 - 10/23/14 01:27 AM

Thank you for checking for me.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3647