Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

Hack Worth Playing
#335548 - 12/30/14 10:57 PM

I've checked out a few hacks; Mostly (ms)pac-man or dkong related. And I'll probably work my way through the hbmame.lst to see what are hacks and try them out for fun.

I thought the Donkey Kong 2 (dkongx) and Pauline editions where kind of cool, but haven't really seen much else. Granted, I haven't gone through them all.

So, just curious if anyone else would care to list any the hacks they like or consider worth checking out?

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Hack Worth Playing new [Re: lamprey]
#335602 - 01/01/15 07:44 AM

An oldie but a goodie is Tempest Tubes.

I have never [that] much enjoyed hacks, but I occasionally think about re-visiting at least some of them.

This might more be an EmuChat topic, as it's not of a technical nature, and more will likely see it.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

#336086 - 01/15/15 06:47 AM

Quote:

So, just curious if anyone else would care to list any the hacks they like or consider worth checking out?

Me too. Any suggestions you find let me know, and I'll do likewise. It's a shame that there are probably some very cool hacks, but they go unnoticed due to the lack of any information on them in History.dat.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Hack Worth Playing new [Re: Big Karnak]
#336106 - 01/15/15 07:01 PM

I probably should start a new thread, but I did come across a couple of hacks that don't seem to be in HBMame, but were in MisfitMame at one time???

The two hacks are Ms Pac Man R.I.P. (or Ms Pac Man Mortem):
http://www.dritz.00freehost.com/pacman.htm (second row from the bottom)

And a Simpson's Pac Man hack called Homercide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54zua8WFB5w

I don't see either in the HBMame rom set. However, I did find them in the Arcade Non-Mame Rom set. I was able to finesse the Moercide to play in mame be renaming the zip and internal files to pacman. But, I haven't had any luck (nor any time) messing with the Ms Pac Man RIP rom set.

(Robert) Assuming, these aren't in HBmame, are there any thoughts about adding them?

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#336110 - 01/15/15 11:51 PM

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Hack Worth Playing new [Re: Robbbert]
#336113 - 01/16/15 01:03 AM

> They are both already there
>
> homercid (has its own chapter in the FAQ)
> mspacrip

I'm having trouble finding the FAQ. Can you link to it? It might some other goodies in there I didn't know about.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#336115 - 01/16/15 01:16 AM

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: Hack Worth Playing new [Re: Robbbert]
#336142 - 01/17/15 07:08 AM

Why are those two Crazy Otto documents included in the Docs directory of the Source download? Just curious. I'm guessing that must be one of your favorites?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Hack Worth Playing new [Re: Big Karnak]
#336168 - 01/18/15 12:00 PM

> Why are those two Crazy Otto documents included in the Docs directory of the Source
> download? Just curious. I'm guessing that must be one of your favorites?

They are to make it absolutely clear that they are not the original Crazy Otto roms and were recreated by hand (edited graphics) from screenshots.

abelenki
Super Drunk
Reged: 10/20/03
Loc: Perm, Russia
Send PM

#341436 - 06/13/15 05:01 PM

> So, just curious if anyone else would care to list any the hacks they like or
> consider worth checking out?

there are some interesting hacks:

Bubble Bobble: Lost Cave V1.2 [bublcave] - full new levels which were converted from Bubble Bobble home versions back to arcade game.
Donkey Kong: Pauline Edition Rev 5 (2013-04-22) [pauline] - play as Pauline and save Mario!
Mr and Mrs Pacman (MR MRS PAC-MAN)[c] [mrmrspac] - 2 simultaneous player Pac-Man.
Pac Manic Miner Man [pacminer] - famous ZX SPectrum game which was converted from home computer to Pac-Man arcade hardware.

MAME Stuff | MAME favorites | Bubble Bobble Series chart / wiki | PC configuration

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert 
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6526