Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MKFAN
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/12/13
Send PM

So what is the most popular pad that most use when not using a stick ? new
#345618 - 09/28/15 09:44 PM

I'm currently using a a daulshock2 via a USB adapter, would I be correct to assume the daulshock2 is the most popular following maybe the a 360 controller ?

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: So what is the most popular pad that most use when not using a stick ? [Re: MKFAN]
#345628 - 09/29/15 06:20 AM

> I'm currently using a a daulshock2 via a USB adapter, would I be correct to assume
> the daulshock2 is the most popular following maybe the a 360 controller ?

Probably, but the 360 controller is not a good choice for retro gaming. The DPad on it is terrible, it's way too easy to hit a diagonal when you don't want to. It's weird when you discover that you get more precise control using the left analog stick than the dpad. Seriously, whoever designed the 360 controller did not mean for the dpad to be used as main input device. It is clearly meant for secondary controls such as weapon or inventory selection or whatever it is used for in modern games.

I'm not making this up and it's not just me. There is a widespread mod to make the dpad more precise that involves cutting out a disc from thin plastic and inserting it between the dpad and the contacts.

S

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: So what is the most popular pad that most use when not using a stick ? new [Re: Sune]
#345682 - 09/30/15 04:29 PM

> I'm not making this up and it's not just me. There is a widespread mod to make the
> dpad more precise that involves cutting out a disc from thin plastic and inserting it
> between the dpad and the contacts.

Both the DualShock 4 and the XBOne's controller have substantially crisper D-pads than their predecessors, likely due to the flood of indie platformers in the last 5 years.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: So what is the most popular pad that most use when not using a stick ? new [Re: MKFAN]
#345922 - 10/09/15 03:54 AM

I've got a Logitech Precision that I bought at Target for like $5 about twelve years ago which is brilliant. It looks more or less like a non-DualShock PS1 controller. It's comfortable to hold, the D-pad is still nice and crisp, and the buttons are responsive. Easily the best $5 I've ever spent on a gaming peripheral.

DukeJP
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/24/09
Send PM

Re: So what is the most popular pad that most use when not using a stick ? new [Re: Sune]
#345969 - 10/11/15 08:42 PM

The terrible hyper-sensibility in the xbox360 pad can be fixed with custom drivers. In terms of durability and form, i think its the best pad for pc.

EDIT: I am talking about the inalambrical model.

Edited by DukeJP (10/11/15 08:44 PM)

dink
game fan
Reged: 10/11/15
Send PM

Re: So what is the most popular pad that most use when not using a stick ? new [Re: MKFAN]
#345972 - 10/11/15 11:13 PM

DualShock 3, Trendnet TPW-107ub bluetooth dongle & scarlet.crush drivers <3

from 2011 - fall 2013 I wore out 6 wireless DreamGear Shadow6 ps3 controllers. I really liked it, and it came with a usb dongle & worked with windows & emulation friendly right out of the box. fall 2013 - now, the single DualShock3 I bought back then still holds up strong

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1870