MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Holofernes
Reged: 07/18/04
Loc: USA
Send PM

Any cab kits that accept the original 2 player tank stick?
#365168 - 04/12/17 11:17 PM

Apologies if this isn't posted in the right forum or something, but I am hoping someone here can recommend a solution;

I own one of the original X-Arcade 2 player tank sticks (the one without the track ball in the center) and am ready to upgrade to an upright cabinet setup.

I'd like to buy a pre-cut/build your own kit to put together, and several places I see advertising on various Mame sites have very nice kits... but either are perpetually out of production on them or specify that the older/original version of the 2p tank stick I have is NOT supported (i.e. only the newer one fits their cabs precut platform holes).

I assume the newer tank stick has a slightly different body shape than my beloved older version so it won't slip into the platform, etc., so... does anyone know of a cab out there that's in stock, still being produced, looks decent and supports the older version of tank stick I have?

Note:
- I'd rather not make my own from plans (yes I know they are out there and may just have to go this route)
- I'd rather not buy another newer tank stick if possible, the old one works great for the games I play just fine. A trackball addition isn't worth it to me.
- I'd rather not "make it fit" by modding a modern cab not designed for it (unless the change is fairly trivial, i.e. just cutting a bigger hole or altering mounting points).

Any advice appreciated!

Holofernes The Headless

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Any cab kits that accept the original 2 player tank stick? new [Re: Holofernes]
#365170 - 04/13/17 04:47 AM

Might be a bit better suited for the Emuchat forum rather than "Hardware". Seems kinda like it could go in either to me...

Did you look over at BYOAC? You'll probably find what you need or get a faster response over there.

GL!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1039