Loc: California
Send PM

Artwork Page back up and running... please test
#374071 - 02/22/18 12:51 PM

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork_ingame.php

Much, MUCH faster than before

Please play with it, and let me know if you notice anything "weird."

Known issues:
-- DAT files not updated yet for newest file "005.zip", and screenshot is a placeholder for now
-- when filter only returns one row, plural of term still shows (e.g. 1 files)... I'll get to that later
-- a couple times when I was playing with filters, the background of the page would get stuck and not load for a few seconds... please let me know if that happens to anyone else

Assuming all is good... we can finally get on to the next step (merge the existing "MESS" artwork in)

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Artwork Page back up and running... please test new [Re: Mr. Do]
#374076 - 02/22/18 05:16 PM

Is there a way to return page to default sort? Because I can't seem to find a way other than closing and reopening the web page.

Personally I prefer clickable column headers to sort/resort, since that's a spreadsheet/GUI file system feature that seems to be widespread enough for familiarity, but you certainly don't need to sort by every column.

- Stiletto

Thatman84
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/22/18
Send PM

Re: Artwork Page back up and running... please test new [Re: Mr. Do]
#374078 - 02/22/18 05:39 PM

New user here amd wanted to say thank you to mr.do for coming back to the bezel corner of the internet.

Sparked me to sign up

I am an avid fan of bezel artwork in general across all styles and communities.

I am no purist like you guys here and pretty much just enjoy seeing bezel artwork (maybe a little more than playing game. Tut tut.
Anyway super glad your back working and excited for 2018.
I myself would like to emulate a little of what is done at mr.do's website and intime I hope to achieve that. (I am in no way skilled in photoshop and that will probably never change)

My work is more inferior but I do enjoy it more than most things. I run a little website with my contributions (or collections of others) and look to also improve it over 2018.

I will be putting more effort into learning the bezel craft in all forms forever more (I hope)

If i do something anyone disagrees with please slapp me in the face with it. I mean no harm.

Oh my site emulationguide.com nothing special but a nice part of the hobby

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Artwork Page back up and running... please test new [Re: Stiletto]
#374081 - 02/22/18 06:50 PM

> Is there a way to return page to default sort? Because I can't seem to find a way
> other than closing and reopening the web page.
>
> Personally I prefer clickable column headers to sort/resort, since that's a
> spreadsheet/GUI file system feature that seems to be widespread enough for
> familiarity, but you certainly don't need to sort by every column.
>
> - Stiletto

Easy enough... now that I've slept. That was bugging me last night, too... just too tired to think, I guess.

Since default is simply opening the page, added a link to the Last Updated column, which essentially just loads the page again, bringing you back to default.

There are no actual sorting functions built-in to the page, other than whatever the default is when you choose a certain filter, plus the default when you simply load the page. I didn't want to complicate things further, just to say I covered all the bases (e.g. filter to bezels + filter to "Z" + sort descending, so I can see Zzyzzyxx at the top of the page). I figure between the filters plus [CTRL+F], 98% of users will be happy.

Anyway... seriously, thank you for bringing that up, to remind me. All fixed.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
1 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 477