Pages: 1

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

southern Ohio's yee haw sheriff on Fox last month
#374775 - 03/16/18 05:55 AM

Sheriff's solution more guns in school should do the trick.

--
OMG, who IS this clown--on edit, some of the hat is photoshopped, but not much, lol

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210364803
-

Info from one of the Ohio citizens that knows about this sheriff.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=10364849

This asshat (and the term seems so fitting here) is the sheriff in Butler County, just north of Cincy. It's Boehner country and home to the theaters that wouldn't show Milk or Brokeback Mountain.

He is such a dick. He's got this big Harley that he rides around wearing his uniform...just like riding a horse out in the old west.

And, by the way, he shouldn't have that cityscape behind him. Might as well be the NYC skyline - he's got the same jurisdiction in both cities. NONE ! His county is a couple big commuter communities that are growing and then a bunch of cow farms.

btw: Link to actual image size of the hat if curious.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=10364911

Edited by gregf (09/30/20 10:38 AM)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: southern Ohio's yee haw sheriff on Fox last month new [Re: gregf]
#374779 - 03/16/18 09:13 AM

> Sheriff's solution more guns in school should do the trick.

Like armed teachers? I don't think Security guards would be feasible, since I'm sure that'd require a substantial tax increase.

I don't see the problem here. But, anyone could imagine problems that might arise... Armed teachers getting depressed or pissed off at the class and going all 'William Foster' on the little punks. But that's highly unlikely.

It should be voluntary for teachers, and (I think) it should be known only amongst the staff of who is 'packing'. Should the teachers have them concealed (on their person)? or locked away? Again, (I think) that'd be up to the individual schools and/or teachers that choose to do anything like this.

However, I'm completely for non-lethal methods of defense. Again, DEFENSE!

Stun-guns, bean-bag rounds for shot-guns, pepper-spray. etc. But that's all for retaliatory measures. Some schools are implementing specialized door locks/barricades and (one thing that doesn't sound like that good of an idea since there could be potential issues, if you think about it) safety pods.

What it boils down to is the increase in the number of people having a way to defend themselves being a deterrent to violent crime. But I guess the liberal mind is incapable of comprehending that concept. Better to be a defenseless martyr and slain (and another cobblestone in the road to a gunless world), than to defend yourself or even have a chance of doing so.

> mostly pointless adhoms

> Howard Stern - Nigger Hatin' Hat
>

Yes. Just pin the 'Racist' label on anyone we don't agree with. The media did it with Trump, so it must appropriate to do with anyone else, regardless of how baseless it is.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (03/16/18 09:17 AM)

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: southern Ohio's yee haw sheriff on Fox last month new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#374784 - 03/16/18 06:00 PM

You say you can tell a lesbian by her bangs and then wag your finger when the guy who looks like the mayor of every racist southern town during the civil war is accused of racism. Good job Tom.

Would you be ok sending your kid to school where the teachers all have guns?

You'd have to be a moron to get pregnant in today's USA.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: southern Ohio's yee haw sheriff on Fox last month new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374792 - 03/17/18 06:50 AM

> You say you can tell a lesbian by her bangs and then wag your finger when the guy who
> looks like the mayor of every racist southern town during the civil war is accused of
> racism. Good job Tom.
>

Well, is there any actual proof that he's a racist? I mean, a suit, tie, and cowboy hat is now the get-up of the KKK Grand Wizard? I wasn't aware of this. Now I know.

> Would you be ok sending your kid to school where the teachers all have guns?
>

Only if it's local.

> You'd have to be a moron to get pregnant in today's USA.

Making a penis/gun analogy.... Or is it a condom/protection analogy? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#374793 - 03/17/18 06:56 AM

> > You say you can tell a lesbian by her bangs and then wag your finger when the guy
> who
> > looks like the mayor of every racist southern town during the civil war is accused
> of
> > racism. Good job Tom.
> >
>
> Well, is there any actual proof that he's a racist? I mean, a suit, tie, and cowboy
> hat is now the get-up of the KKK Grand Wizard? I wasn't aware of this. Now I know.
>

I was just saying you're an obvious hypocrite.

> > Would you be ok sending your kid to school where the teachers all have guns?
> >
>
> Only if it's local.
>

Yeehaw Texas, dem teachers shoot from the hip. Retard.

> > You'd have to be a moron to get pregnant in today's USA.
>
>
> Making a penis/gun analogy.... Or is it a condom/protection analogy?
> Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

No you're reading into it. I'm simply saying having a kid in today's USA is asinine. Couples use "get pregnant" as a couple now, it's not just a woman thing.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#374795 - 03/17/18 07:56 AM

> > > You say you can tell a lesbian by her bangs and then wag your finger when the guy
> > who
> > > looks like the mayor of every racist southern town during the civil war is
> accused
> > of
> > > racism. Good job Tom.
> > >
> >
> > Well, is there any actual proof that he's a racist? I mean, a suit, tie, and cowboy
> > hat is now the get-up of the KKK Grand Wizard? I wasn't aware of this. Now I know.
> >
>
> I was just saying you're an obvious hypocrite.

Technically, I never said a chick with an ugly haircut was a "lesbian", they could also be a modern feminist. But the very fact that you drew that conclusion shows that you agree with the sentiment.

So I'm a hypocrite. I guess to absolve myself of this misdeed I must agree that anyone in a cowboy hat is definitely 100% an absolute racist. "Power to the White-Man!"

ETA: And strange enough, there was a black guy here wearing a cowboy hat. That race traitor!

>
> > > Would you be ok sending your kid to school where the teachers all have guns?
> > >
> >
> > Only if it's local.
> >
>
> Yeehaw Texas, dem teachers shoot from the hip. Retard.

This is the 2nd time you're making a reference towards me about someplace in Texas. I'm not sure why.

But as for teachers having guns. Okay. Don't you think there'd be some strict rules or standards put in place if a school elected to do such a thing? Maybe have mandatory gun safety and target training for the teachers/staff that will be armed? Maybe have a system set up to know when it's the appropriate time to use their firearms? Or do you imagine them waving their guns around out in the open all day? Maybe while giving lessons, pointing to things on their chalk-boards, or pointing them when calling out students? I mean, is your picture of a school with armed staff like some comedic 'Key and Peele' skit? Why is it so hard to fathom that strict safety measures would be put in place?

I'm not saying every school should have armed staff... Even if that's what the grand wizard was saying. I think it should be voluntary. And if someone's local school is doing this, and a parent has an issue with that... Then I don't know what to say. Liberal people afraid of guns are like the Conservative people afraid of the Devil's lettuce. Neither one understands what they don't know about. So they just take the lazy route and say "it's bad".

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#374796 - 03/17/18 08:14 AM

> > > > You say you can tell a lesbian by her bangs and then wag your finger when the
> guy
> > > who
> > > > looks like the mayor of every racist southern town during the civil war is
> > accused
> > > of
> > > > racism. Good job Tom.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Well, is there any actual proof that he's a racist? I mean, a suit, tie, and
> cowboy
> > > hat is now the get-up of the KKK Grand Wizard? I wasn't aware of this. Now I
> know.
> > >
> >
> > I was just saying you're an obvious hypocrite.
>
> Technically, I never said a chick with an ugly haircut was a "lesbian", they could
> also be a modern feminist. But the very fact that you drew that conclusion shows that
> you agree with the sentiment.
>
> So I'm a hypocrite. I guess to absolve myself of this misdeed I must agree that
> anyone in a cowboy hat is definitely 100% an absolute racist. "Power to the
> White-Man!"

You said the shorter a girl cuts her bangs the more chance she is... The stereotype is for that is lesbian. I don't assume that but it sure looks like you do. I'll give you an out if you want. If that isn't what you meant then tell me exactly what you meant. Remember Jesus is listening if you lie.

> >
> > > > Would you be ok sending your kid to school where the teachers all have guns?
> > > >
> > >
> > > Only if it's local.
> > >
> >
> > Yeehaw Texas, dem teachers shoot from the hip. Retard.
>
>
> This is the 2nd time you're making a reference towards me about someplace in Texas.
> I'm not sure why.

Because that's where you live, or did you move to another state? If so, which one? Because I'm dying to know where you could possibly live where you would want fucking dumbass school teachers packing guns around your fucking child you fucking idiot. Did you never get kicked out of class and screamed at by your teachers ever? Kids act up, their brains aren't developed. They piss teachers off and make them fume sometimes period, it happens, and you want them to have guns. And aside that you expect them to gun down other students when the time arises? They're fucking teachers.

> But as for teachers having guns. Okay. Don't you think there'd be some strict rules
> or standards put in place if a school elected to do such a thing? Maybe have
> mandatory gun safety and target training for the teachers/staff that will be armed?
> Maybe have a system set up to know when it's the appropriate time to use their
> firearms? Or do you imagine them waving their guns around out in the open all day?
> Maybe while giving lessons, pointing to things on their chalk-boards, or pointing
> them when calling out students? I mean, is your picture of a school with armed staff
> like some comedic 'Key and Peele' skit? I mean, why is it so hard to fathom that
> strict safety measures would be put in place?

Oh a safety class, yeah because the goddamn safety being off is the issue. Dude we couldn't even get 1 fucking week after the latest Florida shooting before there was a jackoff teacher bringing in their gun into a classroom and having it go off accidentally in a "demonstration" and injuring a student (and could have easily killed). They are the most dangerous thing imaginable. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact that teachers don't go to college to study to teach in order to be a gun toting asshole. The idea is absolutely ludacris ramblings from a raving fatass madman conman fucktard. If I had a kid in high school and this shit was going on omg I would fucking lose it. It's chaos. Guns are dangerous as fuck to have around.

>
> I'm not saying every school should have armed staff... Even if that's what the grand
> wizard was saying. I think it should be voluntary. And if someone's local school is
> doing this, and a parent has an issue with that... Then I don't know what to say.
> Liberal people afraid of guns are like the Conservative people afraid of the Devil's
> lettuce. Neither one understands what they don't know about. So they just take the
> lazy route and say "it's bad".

You have a long way to go.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#374797 - 03/17/18 09:05 AM

> You said the shorter a girl cuts her bangs the more chance she is... The stereotype
> is for that is lesbian. I don't assume that but it sure looks like you do. I'll give
> you an out if you want. If that isn't what you meant then tell me exactly what you
> meant. Remember Jesus is listening if you lie.

She can be both. *high fives Jesus*

> > This is the 2nd time you're making a reference towards me about someplace in Texas.
> > I'm not sure why.
>
> Because that's where you live, or did you move to another state? If so, which one?
> Because I'm dying to know where you could possibly live where you would want fucking
> dumbass school teachers packing guns around your fucking child you fucking idiot. Did
> you never get kicked out of class and screamed at by your teachers ever? Kids act up,
> their brains aren't developed. They piss teachers off and make them fume sometimes
> period, it happens, and you want them to have guns. And aside that you expect them to
> gun down other students when the time arises? They're fucking teachers.

I've never lived in Texas, and I've never moved from the State I live in.

The only things I've ever posted about Texas are about an arcade cabinet being abandoned somewhere (this was posted by someone in a group on facebook) and me seeing if anyone near there would've liked to have picked it up (it was an ALIENS cab with 2 mounted guns), and the other time they had one of those hurricanes and flooding, and me posting a 'Hope you all are okay' topic.

Well, judging by your language and reactions.... Just because YOU'd like to shoot somebody that ticks you off , doesn't mean an armed teacher is going to do the same thing. Not unless they're either completely oblivious as to the consequences of their actions (prison and/or death penalty), or they don't care and will probably end up blowing their own head off in the end.

I won't fault you for being afraid of guns or not having any faith in people to be responsible enough to know when to use them. If you're afraid of them, you're afraid of them. Nothing I can say/post will change your mind about that. Although, I will give you credit for caring enough to imply I'd be in the wrong for sending my child to a school with armed staff. And besides, the likelihood of a disgruntled person coming in with guns of their own to kill my kid and/or his/her friends is highly unlikely.

> Oh a safety class, yeah because the goddamn safety being off is the issue. Dude we
> couldn't even get 1 fucking week after the latest Florida shooting before there was a
> jackoff teacher bringing in their gun into a classroom and having it go off
> accidentally in a "demonstration" and injuring a student (and could have easily
> killed). They are the most dangerous thing imaginable. And that's not even taking
> into consideration the fact that teachers don't go to college to study to teach in
> order to be a gun toting asshole. The idea is absolutely ludacris ramblings from a
> raving fatass madman conman fucktard. If I had a kid in high school and this shit was
> going on omg I would fucking lose it. It's chaos. Guns are dangerous as fuck to have
> around.

The most dangerous thing imaginable is anyone with the willingness and ability to do harm unto others. Doesn't matter if they have a gun or not. The kid could've planted bombs or brought a knife, or anything.

Now. Lets take a person that has your best interests in mind. Doesn't want any harm to come to anyone. They also have a gun on their person. Are you implying they'd be just as much of a threat as another person that is looking to do anyone harm... simply because they're in possession of a firearm?

Edited by Tomu Breidah (03/17/18 10:00 AM)

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#374800 - 03/17/18 12:06 PM

> Now. Lets take a person that has your best interests in mind. Doesn't want any harm
> to come to anyone. They also have a gun on their person. Are you implying they'd be
> just as much of a threat as another person that is looking to do anyone harm...
> simply because they're in possession of a firearm?

I've said this before, I'll say it again: angry men do stupid things; angry men with guns do stupid things with guns. The more accessible the gun is, the less chance their is that a person who's snapped will have a chance to rethink before they use it inappropriately. You can say the same thing about knives, or things that can be used to inflict blunt trauma like baseball bats, but it's far easier to get out of the way of a knife or a baseball bat than a bullet.

Also, any gun you're carrying in a situation where you're likely to end up in a crowd is a gun that someone else could take and use against you. If you're not carrying a gun, there's no possibility of someone opportunistically taking it and misusing it.

Teachers with guns aren't going to make crazy people think twice about doing this kind of shit anyway. This is a pretty common pattern in mass shootings. A mentally ill person attaches themselves to a cause, decides the world is against them, and shoots up the town. You see it over and over.

• Martin Bryant decided that the world was out to make his family's life miserable, and shot up Port Arthur.
  • Anders Breivik attached himself to white nationalism.
  • Man Haron Monis flipped from Shia to Sunni Islam, decided he was an ISIS member, and held up a Sydney café.
  • Elliot Rodger decided that the whole world was out to get him, and he'd go out with a bang.

These people are not rational - armed teachers won't deter them. It's just guaranteeing there's a gun in a situation where you don't want them.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: southern Ohio's yee haw sheriff on Fox last month new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#374805 - 03/17/18 03:27 PM

> > Now. Lets take a person that has your best interests in mind. Doesn't want any harm
> > to come to anyone. They also have a gun on their person. Are you implying they'd be
> > just as much of a threat as another person that is looking to do anyone harm...
> > simply because they're in possession of a firearm?
>
> I've said this before, I'll say it again: angry men do stupid things; angry men with
> guns do stupid things with guns. The more accessible the gun is, the less chance
> their is that a person who's snapped will have a chance to rethink before they use it
> inappropriately. You can say the same thing about knives, or things that can be used
> to inflict blunt trauma like baseball bats, but it's far easier to get out of the way
> of a knife or a baseball bat than a bullet.
>
> Also, any gun you're carrying in a situation where you're likely to end up in a crowd
> is a gun that someone else could take and use against you. If you're not carrying a
> gun, there's no possibility of someone opportunistically taking it and misusing it.
>
> Teachers with guns aren't going to make crazy people think twice about doing this
> kind of shit anyway. This is a pretty common pattern in mass shootings. A mentally
> ill person attaches themselves to a cause, decides the world is against them, and
> shoots up the town. You see it over and over.
>
>
> Martin Bryant decided that the world was out to make his family's life miserable, and
> shot up Port Arthur.
> Anders Breivik attached himself to white nationalism.
> Man Haron Monis flipped from Shia to Sunni Islam, decided he was an ISIS member, and
> held up a Sydney café.
> Elliot Rodger decided that the whole world was out to get him, and he'd go out with a
> bang.
>
>
> These people are not rational - armed teachers won't deter them. It's just
> guaranteeing there's a gun in a situation where you don't want them.

So........ They (the teachers) just stand there with their guns in their pockets like drooling idiots while people around them are dropping like flies? No. It won't deter them from TRYING. But said criminal is more likely to be stopped from killing more people once they're shot themselves.

You may recall the incident where an Atheist kid took a gun to a church in Texas (I believe) and shot/killed people. But he was also shot and killed by someone else that had a gun. If that person, or anyone else didn't have a gun then he could've killed more people. I know people that are against guns wouldn't like it if more people died, but when you say nobody should have any guns (e.g. a way to defend themselves), it's hard not to draw that conclusion.

And that is just one example of many others where a firearm was used to stop a crime.

I'm thinking of a MEME I saw the other day. It was something about Nobody should have a fire extinguisher, it's the Fire Departments job to put out fires.

Which, obviously, is a play on the idea that nobody should be allowed to have a firearm if someone else is committing a crime (that warrants the use of a firearm), and to just call the police and let them handle it. Maybe too many people won't be harmed or killed by the time they get to the scene.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (03/17/18 03:28 PM)

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#374806 - 03/17/18 04:29 PM

> So........ They (the teachers) just stand there with their guns in their pockets like
> drooling idiots while people around them are dropping like flies? No. It won't deter
> them from TRYING. But said criminal is more likely to be stopped from killing more
> people once they're shot themselves.

The crazy guy with the gun just factors armed teachers into his plan. Potentially Jittery armed teachers are far more of a threat than the occasional madman.

> You may recall the incident where an Atheist kid took a gun to a church in Texas (I
> believe) and shot/killed people. But he was also shot and killed by someone else that
> had a gun. If that person, or anyone else didn't have a gun then he could've killed
> more people. I know people that are against guns wouldn't like it if more people
> died, but when you say nobody should have any guns (e.g. a way to defend themselves),
> it's hard not to draw that conclusion.

What about addressing the real problem of mentally ill people having easy access to guns in the first place? Most of these people showed signs long before they turned it into action. Martin Bryant was the wake-up call for Australia, and it's actually worked pretty well. We still have guns in one in three households, but we've had almost no crazy guys shooting up public venues since then.

US has a stupid-high homicide rate for a first-world country. Some self-examination is definitely in order.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: southern Ohio's yee haw sheriff on Fox last month new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#374810 - 03/17/18 04:50 PM

> The crazy guy with the gun just factors armed teachers into his plan. Potentially
> Jittery armed teachers are far more of a threat than the occasional madman.
>

So what you're saying is that the nervous armed teachers are going to be the ones killing innocent people?

> What about addressing the real problem of mentally ill people having easy access to
> guns in the first place? Most of these people showed signs long before they turned it
> into action. Martin Bryant was the wake-up call for Australia, and it's actually
> worked pretty well. We still have guns in one in three households, but we've had
> almost no crazy guys shooting up public venues since then.
>

I completely agree with you on this. There are other gun related massacres where it's been said that the perpetrator was on some kind of medication (usually prescribed due to said mental issues). But the MSM refuses to focus on that, and instead focuses on the guns they somehow got their hands on. There have been a few of them that just seem very odd. Like Sandy Hook, the Batman movie shooting, the gay night club shooting, the Las Vegas massacre from the high-rise hotel.... Just to name a few. The one that happened here recently in Florida, I've mentioned in another topic, that I wouldn't be surprised if the FBI knew about it, and let it happen. The others I mentioned, there just seems to be a lack of evidence as to what actually went down. I'm not saying people weren't killed, but in the after math, you have things like known crisis actors being put on the news outlets and condemning guns, assault rifles, etc. But not a single mention of things like mental health or prescription medications the people were on that committed these crimes.

> US has a stupid-high homicide rate for a first-world country. Some self-examination
> is definitely in order.

If you remove the cities where guns are forbidden, like Chicago, Washington D.C.... and several others (I won't bother looking up the statistics, maybe later if I feel like it) then the U.S. gun related crime rate goes way way down. It's not Law Abiding citizens that are committing these crimes... Who do you suppose is responsible? Could it be... Criminals who don't give a flying f* about gun laws? Yeah. That sounds about right.

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#374813 - 03/17/18 05:11 PM

> > The crazy guy with the gun just factors armed teachers into his plan. Potentially
> > Jittery armed teachers are far more of a threat than the occasional madman.
>
> So what you're saying is that the nervous armed teachers are going to be the ones
> killing innocent people?

Yes. Bringing guns to a situation leads to a non-zero chance that they'll be used inappropriately in that situation. Armed teachers will have a gun in the school day-in, day-out. Teachers aren't exactly best and brightest these days, and they can put under a lot of stress having to effectively babysit shitty kids/teenagers. Having more guns in that situation doesn't sound responsible.

> > US has a stupid-high homicide rate for a first-world country. Some self-examination
> > is definitely in order.
>
> If you remove the cities where guns are forbidden, like Chicago, Washington D.C....
> and several others (I won't bother looking up the statistics, maybe later if I feel
> like it) then the U.S. gun related crime rate goes way way down. It's not Law Abiding
> citizens that are committing these crimes... Who do you suppose is responsible? Could
> it be... Criminals who don't give a flying f* about gun laws? Yeah. That sounds about
> right.

Yeah, but the same's true of just about any country. If you discount the hotspots in South Africa, the violence goes way down. If you discount the hotspots in Philippines, the violence goes way down. Gun bans are a reaction of the violent hotspots. How about looking at the deeper causes that create the violent hotspots in the first place?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#374814 - 03/17/18 05:19 PM

> > You said the shorter a girl cuts her bangs the more chance she is... The stereotype
> > is for that is lesbian. I don't assume that but it sure looks like you do. I'll
> give
> > you an out if you want. If that isn't what you meant then tell me exactly what you
> > meant. Remember Jesus is listening if you lie.
>
>
> She can be both. *high fives Jesus*
>
>
> > > This is the 2nd time you're making a reference towards me about someplace in
> Texas.
> > > I'm not sure why.
> >
> > Because that's where you live, or did you move to another state? If so, which one?
> > Because I'm dying to know where you could possibly live where you would want
> fucking
> > dumbass school teachers packing guns around your fucking child you fucking idiot.
> Did
> > you never get kicked out of class and screamed at by your teachers ever? Kids act
> up,
> > their brains aren't developed. They piss teachers off and make them fume sometimes
> > period, it happens, and you want them to have guns. And aside that you expect them
> to
> > gun down other students when the time arises? They're fucking teachers.
>
>
> I've never lived in Texas, and I've never moved from the State I live in.
>
> The only things I've ever posted about Texas are about an arcade cabinet being
> abandoned somewhere (this was posted by someone in a group on facebook) and me seeing
> if anyone near there would've liked to have picked it up (it was an ALIENS cab with 2
> mounted guns), and the other time they had one of those hurricanes and flooding, and
> me posting a 'Hope you all are okay' topic.
>
>
> Well, judging by your language and reactions.... Just because YOU'd like to shoot
> somebody that ticks you off , doesn't mean an armed teacher is going to do the same
> thing. Not unless they're either completely oblivious as to the consequences of their
> actions (prison and/or death penalty), or they don't care and will probably end up
> blowing their own head off in the end.

Good thing you aren't a judge. Just because I've met a lot of stupid Americans that I wouldn't trust around a gun doesn't mean I'm reflecting myself. And I was posting 1 of 1,000 situations that could happen. If you want more just go read the news. A little kid thinks it's a toy and kills another kid (happened to my best friend's little brother when he was around 8 ) or some trench coat mafia douche wants a gun and just takes it from a decrepit old teacher. The possible situations go on and on.

> I won't fault you for being afraid of guns or not having any faith in people to be
> responsible enough to know when to use them. If you're afraid of them, you're afraid
> of them. Nothing I can say/post will change your mind about that. Although, I will
> give you credit for caring enough to imply I'd be in the wrong for sending my child
> to a school with armed staff. And besides, the likelihood of a disgruntled person
> coming in with guns of their own to kill my kid and/or his/her friends is highly
> unlikely.

I'm afraid of the stupidity of the average American. I can't imagine how small the bubble you've lived in your whole life could be, or that you've ever even traveled outside of your state if you think Americans are smart and safe and trustworthy enough for arming teachers to be a good idea.

> > Oh a safety class, yeah because the goddamn safety being off is the issue. Dude we
> > couldn't even get 1 fucking week after the latest Florida shooting before there was
> a
> > jackoff teacher bringing in their gun into a classroom and having it go off
> > accidentally in a "demonstration" and injuring a student (and could have easily
> > killed). They are the most dangerous thing imaginable. And that's not even taking
> > into consideration the fact that teachers don't go to college to study to teach in
> > order to be a gun toting asshole. The idea is absolutely ludacris ramblings from a
> > raving fatass madman conman fucktard. If I had a kid in high school and this shit
> was
> > going on omg I would fucking lose it. It's chaos. Guns are dangerous as fuck to
> have
> > around.
>
>
> The most dangerous thing imaginable is anyone with the willingness and ability to do
> harm unto others. Doesn't matter if they have a gun or not. The kid could've planted
> bombs or brought a knife, or anything.

We have systems in place to find when people buy ingredients for bomb making in order to stop that. We need more systems in place to stop idiots from getting guns and knives too.

> Now. Lets take a person that has your best interests in mind. Doesn't want any harm
> to come to anyone. They also have a gun on their person. Are you implying they'd be
> just as much of a threat as another person that is looking to do anyone harm...
> simply because they're in possession of a firearm?

No not nearly as much of a threat but still a threat on account of how stupid they are. It was just like a week ago when a guy trained in gun safety brought a gun into a California school for a demonstration and accidentally killed a kid. The statistics around guns are terrible, but you probably have some NRA talking point in your head to auto-dismiss it. They are also a threat because you would have a bunch of kids in school whose brains aren't even fully developed looking at it all day. Thousands of idiots per school, just trust them all around guns. Not to mention the fact that going to school where the teachers are packing guns isn't school. That's called prison, Tom.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#374822 - 03/17/18 09:31 PM

>> Sheriff's solution more guns in school should do the trick.

>I don't think Security guards would be feasible,

The larger school districts have their own school police units, but as already noted..

-
>since I'm sure that'd require a substantial tax increase.
-

If school districts don't have a sizeable budget (the December 2017 GOP Tax scam legislation) to spend on security measures these days....

then it has to come down to ..

A. increase age limit to 21 for any gun legal purchase or ownership of a gun. If that means a parent has to own the underage child's family hunting rifle until they turn 21...so be it.

B. re-install Obama's mandate that included removing guns from those that have mental illness conditions. That law was removed by you know who.

C. Regardless of legal ownership of gun, confiscate any gun in a family / domestic violence matters in case police have to be called in which is really what should have happened when police were summoned to Cruz (FL high school shooter) house many times over.

D. For this part, some of the regulations mentioned have already been removed or relaxed a bit from some states iirc. They need to be reinforced more than ever. Treat any gun as being as dangerous as an automobile....not some handy little garden tool. That means insurance coverage, some form of registration just like an auto that has to be registered when moving from state to state. And a license/permit.

If money is no longer available (with the 1% taking a good portion and military taking other), in order to protect students at school with expensive wizzbang gadgetry, then it has to be cost effective legislation with actual effective legislation that will upset NRA and 2nd Amendment supporters...who somehow think the 2nd Amendment is more important than 1st Amendment.

The above listings will not solve all conditions, but any form of reduction of possibility of easy gun access is better than NRA's motto of "Mo' GunZ will do the trick".

>What it boils down to is the increase in the number of people having a way to defend
>themselves being a deterrent to violent crime. But I guess the liberal mind is incapable
>of comprehending that concept. Better to be a defenseless martyr and slain (and another
>cobblestone in the road to a gunless world), than to defend yourself or even have a
>chance of doing so.

When out and about in a public place, mace and pepper spray is fine imo....an unsteady gun holder that probably can't shoot straight in case a violent crime happens is not fine.

Guns should be left inside a person's home or storeowner's businsess .... not out in public places where guns are not needed. You may have missed the recent crazy fest Conservative pac convention had signs posting no weapons allowed. Why is that? Anybody can certainly guess why. If the organizers of the convention think guns are fine, then the convention should have been okay with guns all over inside the convention hall while convention was taking place.

The exceptions with guns out in public places are jobs that require security details/couriers of expensive items/private detectives and bond bailsmen or bounty hunters etc. Aside from those job descriptions for everyone else mace or pepper spray is fine. I have no problem with knives including switchblades, but guns...especially semi-automatic rifles is a whole different matter.

> Howard Stern - Nigger Hatin' Hat
>

>Yes. Just pin the 'Racist' label on anyone we don't agree with. The media did it with
>Trump, so it must appropriate to do with anyone else, regardless of how baseless it is.

The Ohio citizen on DU forum pointed out how ridiculous that sheriff looked and provided info to others about the makeup of that district in southern Ohio that the sheriff oversees.

>The media did it with Trump,

He is racist and everything else. Worst type of characteristics that a person can be.
The fact he has now attacked the US intelligence communities (FBI, CIA, and others etc) that are trying to keep the US citizens in one piece as best possible just shows what he really is....a lackey to Putin because he owes Russian oligarchs money for past loans since he kept going bankrupt and US financial institutions had it with him.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#375020 - 03/22/18 07:13 PM

> Yes. Just pin the 'Racist' label on anyone we don't agree with.

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#375031 - 03/23/18 04:47 AM

Pick your enemies carefully because the way they fight could be the way you become. In other words you should be ignored.

You occasionally seem like you have a brain but then you remind us otherwise.

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 833