RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

14 trillion on wars and Starbucks retard neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare
#376755 - 06/09/18 07:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHpN7X9iK3o

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: 14 trillion on wars and Starbucks retard neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376759 - 06/09/18 08:16 PM

Yep. Him and former NYC mayor Bloomberg with the corporate Democratic/neo-liberal mentality [rightwing without the fascism] that voters need to make sure not to cast votes for.

I would like to see a better field of candidates come 2020. Adam Schiff would be an ideal candidate in case he decides to run for President. And Elizabeth Warren [formerly GOP long ago] might be ideal. And in case Sanders tries again....let's maybe see if Al Franken can run for office. And maybe Joe Biden as well.

Even though Clinton has/had the experience on her resume, there were just too many skeletons in her background (excluding the computer server issue) which didn't help her. Clinton was considered the least rotten of the remaining candidates (Sanders would have been better, but blame goes to DCCC for their crap in selection style favoring Clinton by rigging with superdelegates' votes).

btw: Had this guy [never really heard before] been around during existence of Air America radio years 2002 to 2012, he probably could have been a fixture with his own show on Air America imo. He somewhat reminds me of Sam Seder's style.....but less preachey because Sam tends to do that on Sam's past Air America radio shows that I used to listen to. I don't know if Sam has changed his style since then.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: 14 trillion on wars and Starbucks retard neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare new [Re: gregf]
#376760 - 06/09/18 08:25 PM

Hillary went full on neolib. It's sad to look back on some good things she tried in the past, like trying for universal healthcare in the 90s. I watched some documentary on her a few weeks ago. Pushback from that in the 90s should have convinced her that she was not a good messenger for change/ideas but it didn't and then she slowly became more and more corrupted, which I guess is a natural progress in a system that has legalized bribery and politicians tend to be a certain type.

She got so neolib that she was literally yelling about how universal healthcare could never happen at her rallies. So neolib that she risked losing the election by choosing a right winger for VP, when she could have locked a win just by letting Sanders be VP but she's so neolib'd out she can't even throw progressives a goddamn bone.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: 14 trillion on wars and Starbucks retard neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376761 - 06/09/18 08:48 PM

>Hillary went full on neolib. It's sad to look back on some good things she tried in the
>past, like trying for universal healthcare in the 90s. I watched some documentary on her a
>few weeks ago. Pushback from that in the 90s should have convinced her that she was not a
>good messenger for change/ideas but it didn't and then she slowly became more and more
>corrupted, which I guess is a natural progress in a system that has legalized bribery and
>politicians tend to be a certain type.

>She got so neolib that she was literally yelling about how universal healthcare could never
>happen at her rallies. So neolib that she risked losing the election by choosing a right
>winger for VP, when she could have locked a win just by letting Sanders be VP but she's so
>neolib'd out she can't even throw progressives a goddamn bone.

Besides adhering to the corporate Democratic/Neoliberal playbook, her other mistake(s) included of trying to play it way too safe such as her past track records as NY senator of voting for Iraq invasion in 2003 and then supporting the Defense of Marriage act (one man one woman mentality) and also being against medicinal marijuana usage (saying more time needed for studies). Bernie Sanders was always out in front of the issues and was always on the correct side whereas Clinton either voted against the population or would eventually agree well after 90% of the general US population had already agreed with Sanders. The way how Clinton's votes were as a Senate member representing NY could be used against her and that is where the Russian operatives were able to take advantage of manipulating the thoughts of "don't vote for Clinton" or "Clinton is just like a GOP candidate".

And voters fell for that which former FBI Agent Clinton Watts, testified last year before congress, explained Russians are far ahead of US operations of knowing how to manipulate thoughts via social media platforms.

Clinton was the least favorable of the remaining candidates, but I wish voters could have paid attention to the televised debates and noticed how the sob was acting irrational. Clinton was correct and saying he "doesn't have mentality to be in charge of handling nuclear weapons". After watching first debate, even though I didn't care for Clinton, easily convinced me to cast my vote for her.

The problem with Sanders is Sanders had supported other less favorable candidates that were vying for political offices last year. For some off reason Sanders supported a non-winnable candidate to run for a seat in Nebraska in 2017 (that lost as expected) and ignored helping a candidate in Georgia that had a better possible chance of winning a seat in Georgia (former house GOP Price's seat iirc). For some reason Sanders only helped the Nebraska candidate when I believe if Sanders had campaigned for the candidate for Georgia seat things might have been different.

I'd like to believe there might be a better field of candidates for 2020 presidential election, but have to not overlook what happens this year.

Edited by gregf (06/09/18 09:00 PM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: 14 trillion on wars and Starbucks retard neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare new [Re: gregf]
#376762 - 06/09/18 09:04 PM

I think Sanders doesn't play candidate games and simply will endorse people who are progressive and won't those who aren't (except in a presidential election). Every time I've seen him asked about supporting a new candidate, he asks if they are progressive or not or says he doesn't know if he will endorse someone because he doesn't know yet if they are progressive. With some of the garbage the dems give us we'd be better off having a real republican win there instead of a fake one. Like Doug Jones in AL voting with Trump and Joe Manchin saying he might back Trump. Right wingers who run for dem seats, it's just cheating.

I think 3 people in the recent CA primaries running as dems were republicans 3 months ago.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Starbucks neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376764 - 06/09/18 11:47 PM

I see Bernie addressed the former coffee chain CEO a couple nights ago.

--
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210713219

Sanders Rebukes Starbucks Chairman's False Claim About Medicare For All

"I think his comment is dead wrong," Sanders told Chris Cuomo on CNN Thursday night.

I agree with one of the DU posters on his view regarding this topic and he is one of those occasional neoliberal posters that I disagree with many previous times. Start with public option at this time and work in gradual increments instead of one leap. Other states have already tried or made an initial attempt only to put things on hold for now. State representatives in some blue state (CA, OR, or WA) will likely try again, but go smaller with public option.

-
https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=10713351

A Public Option is more palatable to more people right now. If it is true that Medicare Option is better, which I think it is, people will gravitate toward it quickly.
-

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#376765 - 06/10/18 12:05 AM

>I think Sanders doesn't play candidate games and simply will endorse people who are
>progressive and won't those who aren't (except in a presidential election). Every time I've
>seen him asked about supporting a new candidate, he asks if they are progressive or not or
>says he doesn't know if he will endorse someone because he doesn't know yet if they are
>progressive.

I don't recall, but he may not have been familiar with candidate running for seat in GA compared to the other in NE. iirc the candidate for NE mayor's office was an anti-choice (pro-life) Democratic candidate and that probably turned off a fair number of voters. One can be pro-life personally, but don't be anti-choice against female voters. That shoots any chance of getting votes imo.

> Like Doug Jones in AL voting with Trump and Joe Manchin saying he might back Trump.
>Right wingers who run for dem seats, it's just cheating.

There have been many old threads on DU web site over past year or so where trying to select the "perfect" Democratic candidate might not work and maybe select a candidate that has a few flaws. Some states (hardcore RED) that have way too many voters that wouldn't vote for a Bernie Sanders style candidate in which they might be willing to vote for a Joe Manchin style candidate. I don't understand the thoughts in some hardcore red states voting style, but one of the AL native posters explained the RED state voting residents are only willing to vote for a conservative candidate and that includes many of those that rarely vote. They won't vote for Bernie Sanders even if their lives depend on it, but they are willing to vote for a Joe Manchin style Democratic candidate.

>I think 3 people in the recent CA primaries running as dems were republicans 3 months ago.

What usually stood out was seeing a fair number of CA candidates that had had status of "no party preference" in which that usually meant for me.....be skeptical and read their political statements or see if possible they have a past track record in which I can then choose opposing candidate in case it was GOP conservative candidate masquerading as an independent.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Starbucks neoliberal doesn't know how we'll pay for healthcare new [Re: gregf]
#376766 - 06/10/18 12:48 AM

I think it will be leaps by state like marijuana. You'll probably see WA/OR/CA all make their own "fuck the right wing" Medicare for all plan while the red states murder their own people based on a color they can't seem to shake, whether it's red or blue or brown(skin).

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#376768 - 06/10/18 02:03 AM

Joe Manchin is a republican who is talking about siding with Trump so he's actually an extreme right wing republican loony toon. I think it's worse for him to stay in than if someone who actually calls themself a republican takes the spot.

I hope that we get away from the 2 party system.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

and now former Starbucks ceo retard neoliberal thinks he can do the job new [Re: Smitdogg]
#380903 - 01/28/19 05:38 AM

....that US Presidential-thingy with the thought of: 'I am rich. I know how to manage a country.'

--
Howard Schultz is getting his name on ballots in all 50 states as an Independent.
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211738463

Howard Schultz says he's 'seriously considering' 2020 bid as 'centrist independent'
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211739114

The person advising Howard Schultz to run as an independent..
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211738950
--

Howard better be informed that S. Schmidt was the advisor that saddled McCain with Palin in 2008 and we know how that helped Tina Fey's popularity for a few years. Maybe a good thing because it might torpedo Schultz's presidential aspirations.

I still say screw that. No more useless CEO attitudes that only work for the 1%.
I want an experienced individual that knows inner workings of government and works for all citizens, not just the wealthy.

I would have voted for Bernie Sanders in 2016, didn't happen. And if former CA governor Jerry Brown (who repaired CA's financial mess after former CA gov 'musclehead' Arnold left office) were to run, I'd consider him, but he is probably done since he tried that in 1980s.

Adam Schiff if he should decide to run is my first choice. Kamala Harris is second choice. Currently they should still stay where they are needed.

But one potential candidate that does have lots of time on his hands at this time and can plan out his strategy ahead of time and would be ideal for the country ---> Al Franken.

That is who I would like to see toss his hat in the ring.

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 594