John IV
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Attn: Mr. Do, some potential chess art issues
#383537 - 09/04/19 05:09 AM

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/issues/5584

Was tracking down a Mame crasher earlier today and traced it to malformed default.lay in ssystem3.zip.

Robbbert then in that thread above indicated there might be more widespread issues w/ the chess artwork, but I can't confirm. Anyhow, just a heads up.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Attn: Mr. Do, some potential chess art issues new [Re: John IV]
#383540 - 09/04/19 06:58 AM

>

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Attn: Mr. Do, some potential chess art issues new [Re: Robbbert]
#383542 - 09/04/19 07:47 PM

> > https://github.com/mamedev/mame/issues/5584
> >
> > Was tracking down a Mame crasher earlier today and traced it to malformed
> default.lay
> > in ssystem3.zip.
> >
> > Robbbert then in that thread above indicated there might be more widespread issues
> w/
> > the chess artwork, but I can't confirm. Anyhow, just a heads up.
>
> If you're trying to use chess artwork from the mess.org artwork page, none of it will
> work correctly with current Mame. But if you've already done some updates for your
> site, it may be ok (I haven't tried).
>
> In my case, ssystem3 didn't crash, but the LCD screen had expanded to full size,
> covering up the rest of the artwork. The LCD segments which were turned on, had
> become translucent, enabling me to see through to the covered-up artwork below. The
> result was horrible.

Did a quick test of the artwork with newer layouts and 4 machines caused in exception parsing the XML in the layouts:

>> ccmk2, ebases, ncombat, ssystem3

I'll leave fixing them to the pros as there is likely more needed to get them working correctly than adding or deleting a missing closing tag.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Attn: Mr. Do, some potential chess art issues new [Re: Tafoid]
#384830 - 12/28/19 04:47 AM

> Did a quick test of the artwork with newer layouts and 4 machines caused in exception
> parsing the XML in the layouts:
>
> >> ccmk2, ebases, ncombat, ssystem3
>
> I'll leave fixing them to the pros as there is likely more needed to get them working
> correctly than adding or deleting a missing closing tag.

Almost forgot about these... thank you for running these tests... all fixed now:

-- ncombat... this was broken earlier; was already fixed
-- ebases... I had comments in the bottom of the lay file with a double dash (--) instead of a single dash (-) in front of each line, and MAME didn't like that [still weird, because it still was all within the section of the comment].
-- ccmk2... had an element with no closing tag which was used for the "clickable" part of the artwork; used to work before, but MAME doesn't like that now (which is correct behaviour, so... good); looks like the driver had also been updated since last adding the artwork, so that all had to be fixed also... after checking... also fixed ccmk1.
-- ssystem3... same as ccmk2, plus as Robbbert said, the dimensions for the screen were way off... all good now

All corrected for the next release... which will be done as soon as I finish writing up everything (before the end of the weekend).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 681