MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Cmileski24
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/14/20
Send PM

AD Stick X/Y analog config
#385008 - 01/14/20 03:36 PM Attachment: BB04D18C-D968-4746-9ACF-41310BEA8650.jpeg 2912 KB (1 downloads)

I have John Elway Quarterback Arcade Game on MAME. The game requires an analog joystick/lever for passing the football. I am able to use a trackball. However, not sure what to do with all the configurations for the AD Stick configs. I know that in the original game the lever stayed in the forward position so that when you pulled it back, an arrow was revealed where you would pass the ball. If you moved the lever to the left, then arrow would move to the right. If you moved the lever to the right, the arrow would move to the left. If you moved it slightly forward or back it would move appropriately. When you were ready to pass the ball you would release the lever and the ball would pass. I have it with the trackball where I can roll the trackball forward to throw the ball but I don’t think all the settings are right for configuring like I’ve mentioned above. Can someone put in dummy terms what these mean and what the setting mean?
AD Stick X Analog
AD Stick X Dec
AD Stick X Inc
AD Stick Y Analog
AD Stick Y Dec
AD Stick Y Inc
AD Stick X Digital Speed
AD Stick X Autocenter Speed
AD Stick X Reverse
AD Stick X Sensitivity
AD Stick Y Digital Speed
AD Stick Y Autocenter Speed
AD Stick Y Reverse
AD Stick Y Sensitivity

Thanks so much

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: AD Stick X/Y analog config new [Re: Cmileski24]
#385017 - 01/15/20 04:21 AM

If you are using an analog input device, do not map anything to the Inc and Dec inputs especially the device you are using. Those are if you are using something like a keyboard to emulate the analog inputs. The digital speed and autocenter speeds are related to that so don't bother adjusting them.

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Cmileski24
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: AD Stick X/Y analog config new [Re: DarthMarino]
#385018 - 01/15/20 05:01 AM

Thank you so much for your help.

So appreciative

Cmileski24
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: AD Stick X/Y analog config new [Re: DarthMarino]
#385026 - 01/16/20 04:59 PM

Once again thanks for you help. Tested it out last night and its like I'm back in the 80's. I do have one more question. I am using the game in a table top format. How do you make the game flip the screen to the other player? I know there is the cocktail options but that puts up two screens. How can I have it flip to player 2 when its their turn? Thanks again for your help....

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: AD Stick X/Y analog config new [Re: Cmileski24]
#385030 - 01/17/20 12:52 AM

Press tab. Go to video options and change the rotate setting. Not sure if there is a way to do it on the fly.

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 17 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1408