View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

spisi
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/15/20
Send PM

Spyhunter engine sound
#388624 - 11/16/20 10:41 PM

So after about 10 seconds or so into the game the engine sound of the car disappears? I believe other sounds disappear as well. Anyone encounter this? It seems when music stops playing, that's when it happens. I just bought a Spyhunter CP in hopes to set it up in MAME. I hope it's just that I don't have the newest rom (fingers crossed).

Edited by spisi (11/16/20 10:54 PM)

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: spisi]
#388629 - 11/16/20 11:07 PM

> So after about 10 seconds or so into the game the engine sound of the car disappears?
> I believe other sounds disappear as well. Anyone encounter this? It seems when music
> stops playing, that's when it happens. I just bought a Spyhunter CP in hopes to set
> it up in MAME. I hope it's just that I don't have the newest rom (fingers crossed).

Logged issues with audio:
https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5452
.. and more specifically
https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=7145

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Tafoid]
#388638 - 11/17/20 05:28 AM

So two years have passed with no action or attention to this? For a no doubt all-time classic? What can I do to expedite this? I fully invested into this without realizing this issue existed.....damn

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

#388639 - 11/17/20 05:52 AM

> So two years have passed with no action or attention to this? For a no doubt all-time
> classic? What can I do to expedite this? I fully invested into this without realizing
> this issue existed.....damn

You can either learn enough about electrical engineering to determine what's happening on the original hardware that MAME isn't accounting for and then code a solution, or you can pretend the bug doesn't exist and just have fun with the rom.

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Rotwang]
#388640 - 11/17/20 06:46 AM

I'd love to learn how to fix it! I'm just amazed it hasn't be fixed already. Is this not a classic arcade game??? Does this game not deserve to be recognized by the MAME community? What makes the sounds in Spyhunter so different than all the others? I mean someone went through some amazing effort to create the bezel with all the light up abilities "smoke screen" "oil slick"....for the sound to be neglected....it doesn't add up...doesn't make sense...

Edited by spisi (11/17/20 06:48 AM)

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

#388641 - 11/17/20 07:01 AM

> I'd love to learn how to fix it! I'm just amazed it hasn't be fixed already. Is this
> not a classic arcade game??? Does this game not deserve to be recognized by the MAME
> community? What makes the sounds in Spyhunter so different than all the others? I
> mean someone went through some amazing effort to create the bezel with all the light
> up abilities "smoke screen" "oil slick"....for the sound to be neglected....it
> doesn't add up...doesn't make sense...

The fact that such a popular and beloved classic still has emulation errors speaks more to the difficulty of the problem than the dedication of the community. If it were that easy a problem to fix, it would have been done by now. If you read through the comments on that Mametesters entry, it has to do with analog components on the board that are not fully understood. Undocumented components can prevent games from running at all (see how it took decades for Raiden II to be supported due to the hardware using a custom chip for calculating bullet trajectories) so in a way we're lucky that an audio error is the only glaring issue with this game. Really, we're lucky MAME lets us play these games at all.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

#388642 - 11/17/20 10:00 AM

spisi, just ignore all that technical rubbish that was told to you. Undocumented hardware is easy to crack. The dev's are clearly just lazy pieces of shit that are to lazy to work on the greatest classic of all time! Sure they've been able to emulate thousands of games and work for free. That's no excuse right? If they can't handle one simple sound problem, then what use are they to anybody? I say shut the whole MAME program down. The devs really know how to screw over there fans. It's people like you...entitled, bitching assholes that really let them know how we feel as a community. They ask US to contribute if we want something done?? Crack smokers, the whole lot of them! We got better things to do, like complain about this free project not being perfect! I hope they learned there lesson and will get this sound problem fixed right away! No excuses!!

Edited by Envisaged0ne (11/17/20 10:02 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Rotwang]
#388643 - 11/17/20 10:26 AM

>Undocumented components can prevent games from running at all (see how it took decades for
>Raiden II to be supported due to the hardware using a custom chip for calculating bullet
>trajectories)

Credits to Seibu's engineering team designing hardware protection very challenging for bootleggers to bootleg so Seibu themselves were also locked out of their own house.

Props to OG, Kale, various pcb owners that were testing Kale's code patches on their own pcbs and replying with feedback with the test results which eventually got Raiden II finally playable. Seibu Cup Soccer is probably the last of that era of games with protection yet to be fully worked out.

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: gregf]
#388649 - 11/17/20 04:46 PM

EnvisagedOne take it easy.....let's figure out what can be done. Is it possible to edit the code in the rom? There has to be a work around. These guys work on this project for free. I guess none of them are big Spyhunter fans...oh well. What if we paid someone to work on it??? If we get a few guys together and pool up some money, then maybe we can get someone to take a look at it? I hope so. This blindsided me. I just replaced the graphic on my CP and repainted the yoke.....

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

#388650 - 11/17/20 05:56 PM

Being a fan of a game is irrelevant. It's about understanding how the hardware works in order to emulate it properly.

Please choose your words wisely when posting here. It will be ill-advised to post out of frustration. That is when the conversation takes a fatal turn and usually ends with senseless flaming.

See this post:

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

Mu suggestion would be to find another game to enjoy. There are a lot of games from the golden age that do run just fine. Please move on from Spy Hunter before it get out of control (which it might just do based on your previous post).

Also, please refer to this thread to understand why, from a MAMEDEV's persepctive, being paid to do work on MAME is generally not a good idea.

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#388651 - 11/17/20 06:11 PM

> EnvisagedOne take it easy.....let's figure out what can be done. Is it possible to
> edit the code in the rom? There has to be a work around. These guys work on this
> project for free. I guess none of them are big Spyhunter fans...oh well. What if we
> paid someone to work on it??? If we get a few guys together and pool up some money,
> then maybe we can get someone to take a look at it? I hope so. This blindsided me. I
> just replaced the graphic on my CP and repainted the yoke.....

Try and re-read what you just wrote from an outside perspective here, because you are starting to sound REAL entitled: "boo hoo, I just invested all this time and money into something that doesn't work; everyone else should fix it so that MY time wasn't wasted." Because that is exactly how you sound.

Reread the replies to this post again... this has squat zero to do with any particular dev being or not being a fan of the game. There is exactly ONE active guy on the team right now, who "might" be able to understand this problem, and he's got a whole lot of other things to take care of, starting with things in his real life. It is not his job to stop what he's doing and get to work, because you can't finish your project now to your satisfaction.

There is no such thing as editing the code in the ROM; the ROM is the ROM. What needs to be done is understand the analog circuitry of the game that controls the sounds you are complaining about, reverse engineer it, then code it and test it. If it was something so simple, it would have been done by now.

If this is such a huge thing for you, suggest that since you already have the cab, go and buy a Spy Hunter PCB and install it in your new cab, and you'll be happy

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Jason]
#388652 - 11/17/20 06:34 PM

Mr. Do and Jason, are you guys kidding me right now? All I'm doing is asking for help...I re-read my post, maybe you guys are adding a certain tone to it. I don't feel entitled to anything. I tried to calm the other dude down! I just didn't realize the game had issues...It didn't have an error screen when you launch the game...give me a break here. I'm not demanding it to be fixed, I'm asking. You guys should re-read your posts. You both come off way worse than me..... You guys are going to chase away people who are trying to enter the MAME community. I'm willing to learn this stuff, but you guys are too busy throwing stones from your Ivory Tower... You could have just said "Hey, we know about it, it's a tough fix and were low on manpower. Hopefully we'll get to it someday"

I didn't see anything having to do with money in that thread. Just saying...also, I never said I had a Spyhunter cabinet....

I'm new here, and want to get into this hobby, I love the 80's arcade games. I don't want to piss anyone off (all I did was ask for help and got my head bit off). So, let's start over...

Edited by spisi (11/17/20 07:31 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#388653 - 11/17/20 07:13 PM

> Mr. Do and Jason, are you guys kidding me right now? All I'm doing is asking for
> help...I re-read my post, maybe you guys are adding a certain tone to it. I don't
> feel entitled to anything. I tried to calm the other dude down! I just didn't realize
> the game had issues...It didn't have an error screen when you launch the game...give
> me a break here. I'm not demanding it to be fixed, I'm asking. You guys should
> re-read your posts. You both come off way worse than me.....

* I fully invested into this without realizing this issue existed.....damn

* I'm just amazed it hasn't be fixed already

* This blindsided me. I just replaced the graphic on my CP and repainted the yoke.

* There has to be a work around

Language is always a tricky thing; what one person "intends" to say can be interpreted many different ways. And let's be clear, if someone misinterprets something you say, it's not that person's fault. Not saying it's yours either, just saying that that particular statement was subject to multiple interpretations.

I wasn't loud, rude, or obnoxious in my reply; just trying to make you aware about what you stated sounds from another outside point of view.

You were told in the very first reply in your post what was wrong with it, and I would hope that you were able to notice that those bug reports are over six years old, and they mention it's been broken even before that.

EnvisagedOne Rotwang gave you an extremely detailed reply of why it hasn't been fixed yet, and the skill set required to fix the game.

And after that, you STILL replied again asking "what can we do to fix this game, that I've spent all this time on." I'm not adding tone... I'm merely stating back your own words.

You just offered up earlier to pay to get it fixed.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...cb&_sacat=0

Here it looks like the going rate for a Spy Hunter PCB is around $650. To put things in perspective, that's a bargain, compared to what the real-world cost would be for what actually needs to be fixed here.

As to why the game doesn't have an imperfect sound flag, don't have the answer there.

Yes, you asked for help. You were given the answer, twice, but still weren't satisfied, so you kept asking. Hence the replies that you are now not happy with.

Edited by Mr. Do (11/17/20 08:10 PM)

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

#388654 - 11/17/20 07:22 PM

As Mr. Do has stated, language can be tricky, especially on a message board. Trust me - the tones that Mr. Do and I have used with you are tame compared to some others. I guess you didn't like my response. All I did was try to save you from being flamed. You're on your own from here.

I suspect this thread will eventually be locked.

Good luck with finding what your looking for. I really do hope that the end result is a pleasant one but I doubt it will be.

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Mr. Do]
#388655 - 11/17/20 07:50 PM

I realize now that EnvisageOne was being a sarcastic asshole. I thought he was truly upset that Spyhunter wasn't working correctly. Oh well, looks like the MAME community will die off with guys like you at the helm.....

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#388656 - 11/17/20 08:17 PM

> I realize now that EnvisageOne was being a sarcastic asshole. I thought he was truly
> upset that Spyhunter wasn't working correctly. Oh well, looks like the MAME community
> will die off with guys like you at the helm.....

My bad... Rotwang was the one that gave the detailed reply; my post edited. EnvisagedOne was... well... what you said.

Good luck with your project, and I mean that un-sarcastically.

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

#388658 - 11/17/20 09:18 PM

Lol, you really thought I was defending you. Of course I was being a sarcastic asshole. I made the point the others said, only I wasn't as nice about it. I was trying to make a point that you were entitled and didn't show any appreciation for all the hard work they do. Fuck off and leave. No one needs you here for the MAME development to continue. It's been around since 1997 and isn't going away anytime soon. There's a lot of devoted fans here that love and appreciate all the devs and the work they do. Me included

Edited by Envisaged0ne (11/17/20 09:21 PM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#388659 - 11/17/20 09:29 PM

I dare you to talk to me like that face to face.....let's meet up tough guy... Where do you live? I could use a vacation and kick some ass...

spisi
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#388660 - 11/17/20 09:33 PM

Picture of a dick!

Edited by Tafoid (11/17/20 10:35 PM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Spyhunter engine sound new [Re: Tafoid]
#388662 - 11/17/20 09:38 PM

>Logged issues with audio:

https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5452

I can see why this bug report issue would be skipped for time being.

>.. and more specifically

https://mametesters.org/view.php?id=7145

Can system tests determine when this bug first appeared? If testing isn't possible to determine when this specific bug first appeared, okay.

-

The motor sound which is generated by the MCR sound board with GI AY-3-8910 chips disappears after the Peter Gunn theme is played by the Cheap Squeak Deluxe board. The car sound effects and, shot sounds, and enemy car sounds then get distorted/clipped.

Regression Version
--

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Send PM

#388663 - 11/17/20 10:03 PM

LOL, pretty good looking guy I must say Little blurry though, but I took it off an old phone. I love it when whiney entitled bitches like yourself get all pissy. The fact that you looked up my picture means I really must have gotten under your skin. Makes my day

Edited by Envisaged0ne (11/17/20 10:05 PM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
32GB DDR4 RAM

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#388664 - 11/17/20 10:36 PM

> I dare you to talk to me like that face to face.....let's meet up tough guy... Where
> do you live? I could use a vacation and kick some ass...

You have crossed the fine line. Time for you to leave.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Alright new [Re: spisi]
#388665 - 11/18/20 12:33 AM

Okay, let me try again to share some insight, since you're eager to learn:

This isn't the 1990s or even 2000s any more. If it helps, at least 50% of MAME developers are middle aged, age 40s or older. They all have jobs, a lot have families.

Anyone left still working on MAME is about 60-70 people, of which maybe 20 if we're lucky are "active" and the rest submit code a couple times a year, maybe once a year, or maybe even every other year) have become deaf to requests.

At least half of these people, maybe more, came from the project formerly known as MESS when the projects merged. They like to work on computer and console emulation, but sometimes look at arcade too. Arcade for them is sometimes only something they fix if their computer and console emulation affected it, but maybe they'll become more interested as the years go on. Part of the reason the projects merged was to bring these people IN, MAME could use the manpower and there was a lot of people straddling the fence with hands in both projects. But don't fret, there's still plenty with priorities and goals on arcade, and an eye on arcade.

To the vast majority of people still working on MAME, the distinction breaking apart "arcade" and "computer/console" has completely disappeared over the last 15-20 years. It's all "MAME project". So weighing one over another comes across as nonsense. There's still fans of one over another but too many varying opinions to be sure.

The only thing that keeps things fun and interesting for them is to work on the things they want, the way they want, with no one giving orders that something must be done, either project leaders or users.

Anything else feels like work, feels like their day job. No one left involved wants MAME to be their day job (I don't think). No one is left who thinks that would be fun or "cool".

Therefore money can't really affect these people. (You mentioned paying a developer in your reply to EnvisagedOne's sarcastic comment.) If ever there was to be income, it would go towards very specific costs, and not to assign priorities.

The MAME developers remaining want the freedom to work on whatever they want or it gets too annoying and they quit. Money would merely make them responsible to the users to accomplish the goals the users want. (And to that end, as often the goals the remaining MAMEdevs do have are often incomprehensible to the users, the goals the users have are often just as nonsensical.)

So also, there's no real "bosses" who give orders.

There's some planning. The few priorities that are set are BIG ones, like "how do we make a 3D graphics engine that works on every platform from Android to Windows to MacOS to iOS and still keep things accurate to arcade hardware" or "how do we make MAME sourcecode more and more modern and not still looking like something that came out of the late 90s and mid 2000s."

Things like "Spy Hunter engine sound isn't 100%?" That's an error. It gets logged at places like MAMETesters.org if it is indeed true, or mentioned in the sourcecode. Someone will come along to work on it, when they can, when they are interested - nothing more.

Because of the age of this project, and the age of its "team members", at this point every question "asking to fix things" comes across as a demand. It's okay, you didn't know. If you only knew how many people have come before you, asking similar things. We'll acknowledge it, we'll log it if it isn't already logged (most of these things are logged), but we'll give you no promises or guarantees.

Furthermore, most if not all of these developers are battle-hardened against years and years of requests. There's quite literally nothing you could say or do, from asking nicely - to cheerleading - to whining and pleading - to getting together a "team" - to sending colossal amounts of "donations" / bribery - to lighting yourself on fire - nothing that would sway them to jump to do what you say. And quite a number of these things would -actively discourage- the current membership from ever looking into it. As was said recently, a decent experienced software engineer of the kind that have worked on MAME forever command at least $125,000 USD yearly at their dayjobs, there's really nothing more that will help here.

If everyone still working on MAME was forced to take demands, or even answer requests, everyone would quit.

Then all the people with the knowledge of working on MAME currently would be gone.

Someone new could come in at that point - MAME is open source - and maybe you could get them to do what you ask - but that's a very specific set of skills and knowledge concentrated into some very specific experienced individuals.

This is barely a team. Maybe it's a team in mindset. But it's more like a "collective", if you can understand the difference.

---

Why do these people still work on MAME?

- they are idealists chasing perfection

- they are addicted to the challenge

- they feel responsible to their past selves to see it through

- they feel responsible to the future to accurately emulate things while they still have the skills and knowledge, as it will be harder for the future to have the skills and knowledge.

- their ego maybe gets a boost

- they're exploring other knowledge, other skills, or learning new knowledge that their current career cannot help, or reliving past careers.

- it's been their hobby for a decade, maybe two decades - hard to imagine but true.

- they're burned out, but their diligence is still so high that it's seemingly masochistic (loving the pain), working through their depression and anxiety.

Some mixture of all of this, each and every one.

---

It's not quite that dire.

There is then obviously the need for new blood, of fresher hope, higher positivity, pure ideals, maybe even younger.

And MAME development is a huge target of delights for the hackers, coders, reverse engineers - especially those who hyperfocus on perfection, on the littlest details. There's a lot to love, still to this day.

(It's even quite common to see those "on the spectrum", not neurotypical, or attention deficit disorders, or any number of other personalities spread throughout the "development team" (and amongst its users).)

And we're trying to do a much better job of being open and welcoming to new developers, to make sure that the information they need is well documented and the features they need relatively stable and unchanging. That all takes a lot of work, and fighting inertia and burnout.

But MAME development often only attracts a certain kind of people. Maybe the right age, maybe the right personality, maybe the right self-driven initiative. The skillset required can be rather high, and often no one is perfect, so we cobble together "a team" from the people who have specific knowledge, try to pass on what other knowledge we can through "onboarding", and sooner or later some of the people who joined with very specific knowledge become more broad experts.

If you went to BountySource or whatever and placed a bounty for a random developer to take on your problem, you'd probably only get someone who has a quick but inaccurate hack of a fix, in order to get your money. (Not saying you couldn't find the right person, but it would be challenging, and how would you know?). They likely wouldn't "fix it right" and take the time, most would lack the knowledge and skill and talent. And if it was submitted to MAME, the MAME team would probably reject it. MAMEdev has basically stopped accepting "quick fixes", and they've often been looked down upon.

These days in order to make further progress in arcade emulation of 1970s-1980s games, people on the MAME team NEED to be able to read and understand electronics schematics. The average programmer off the street usually lacks this knowledge. The majority of active MAME developers are only so-so. Some are quite good. A few are experts. Likewise, I could go to KLOV.com right now and find some expert arcade schematics readers. But few could write code for current MAME.

So as mentioned before, we DO see the skills required become rather narrow focus, but broad expertise required.

At the moment, the number of developers already on the team I could name off the top of my head who could maybe make progress on your Spyhunter engine sound issue is maybe 5 people. And those people depend on the work of one specific person, for now at least.
And as said, that person has a life outside MAME that needs them right now.

Maybe we should spread that person's knowledge among more people. But that takes time to teach and learn those skills. And there's few "teachers" on the team generally, everyone has to be self taught. And while the other 3-5 people may be able to learn those skills and make the changes that that one person can do, they also have to be interested in doing so above anything else. And not have any other interest in MAME and outside of MAME in their Real Life getting in the way.

---

The final core of the problem, as already mentioned, is that with arcade, everything EASY has been done.

Okay, that's a gross over simplification, but it's basically true.

Your sound issue you want to have solved... it's not an issue of "a ROM needs to be redumped", while there's still some of these out there, we have resolved most of that ages ago.

Most things that are EASY have been logged in the sourcecode, at MAMETesters.org (which is primarily for end user error reporting) or at the MAME project on Github.

A lot of things left with arcade are HARD

- a lot of 3D arcade games are waiting on a new rendering system that's both accurate to MAME's goals without cheating, multiplatform, and fast.

- a lot of PC based arcade games are waiting for someone to write a new Intel x86 dynamic recompiler. MAME will probably never use virtualization as it's not easily cross-platform. The dynamic recompiling engine that handles MAME's other recompilers has been seeing some deep engine work so it doesn't make sense to work on x86 emulation now.

- a lot of early 80s arcade games need to have their sound emulation reimplemented according to schematics, using our new subsystem for doing so (which has one project lead). That subsystem has generally been under active development, with new features added as new games need them, and then everything having to be tested to make sure it's working.

- and much more.

There's still a few people working on SIMPLE things, usually newcomers to team or members of our army of "external contributors" (MAME team adjacent?). Anyone who's been here a decade-plus? Usually working on HARD problems, and it's better for them to do so.

A lot of what I see this era of MAME development about is paving the way for a glorious future:

- dynamic recompilers for anything that could use one, for every host CPU architecture

- re-architecting everything to be more forward looking, and discarding support for old operating systems and ways of doing things.

- making things even more accurate to the original hardware, which will require more enhanced performance from the host PCs, since a lot more people have PCs with Intel Core i7 or comparable AMD (or even ARM! Hello Apple M1!)

- laying the groundwork for a new 3D engine we can run on everything but be accurate to the pixel pipelines and 3D architectures that the previous one-off arcade systems used

But - that takes a lot of work, with very specific skillsets, and is all comparably HARD.

Focus on EASY things? A lot of those people are needed elsewhere.

---

A lot of this, you had no way to know.

What can YOU do:

- Learn to ask questions the smart way: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

- Learn to research your problem before even asking a question. As I said, there's:
https://mametesters.org
https://docs.mamedev.org
https://wiki.mamedev.org
https://github.com/mamedev/mame
As always on the Internet, RTFM and "read the f'n manual". With MAME, that's a lot of stuff.

- Understand the project background/history/mindset (see above)

- Check if your issue you've spotted has been logged (MAMETesters, MAMEDev Wiki, sourcecode)

- If you still need to, then ask, unreservedly, without contingencies, without expecting an answer. Learn the other places to do so - MAMETesters, official MAMEdev.org forum, bannister.org forum, reddit, IRC... everything's mentioned at mamedev.org.

- Try to respect the answer given, even if it's not to your liking.

- Document document document, evidence evidence evidence. Don't just say "you remember Spy Hunter engine sound differently", post a video to YouTube, record sound by hooking up an actual arcade board's speaker output (cellphones don't count), find the particular part of the sound schematics.

- Understand the community - there's reasons why "MAMEWorld" isn't currently in the top menu list of "official support forums" at https://mamedev.org . It could maybe someday but it would take some work by the community and its admin/moderation team, if they wished it, and for the most part they don't. I say this both as a longtime MAME team member and as someone who somehow was bequeathed admin powers at MAMEWorld. It's been something like 18 years though so it probably won't happen - and you probably see those reasons now. It can be a fun community, don't get me wrong, but there's other forums and websites and chatrooms out there too to be a part of.

- Still not getting done? Still not satisfied? Learn to develop for MAME, start small. Learn C++ programming, learn assembly programming for the architectures you are interested in, learn electronics engineering, learn reverse engineering, learn encryption/hacking...

---

What can WE do:

- Keep working to attract newer developers

- Understand that everyone was new once

- Try to remain patient, stay positive, etcetera

- Keep documenting every issue so that every user knows what's known about and how to find out.

But we're most likely gonna keep assigning priorities as we see fit - which is everyone for themselves, for whatever interests them.

---

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 26 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 663