Clrmamepro 4.041 released
#390126 - 03/04/21 11:58 AM

Auto-Update or get the best ROM Manager at the usual place:

https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

From the Whatsnew:

added: Select Sets variables %R %G to filter by for Region / Language
added: Batcher, rebuilder setting to avoid message prompts
misc: support dat date attribute format YYYY-MM-DD without specifying timestamp
misc: rar/7z/uncompressed files timestamps are handled as UTC based, zip as non UTC based
fixed: some unpack/pack zip operation fail on very long file/path names
fixed: interative folder creation for UNC paths is broken
fixed: systems auto assign fails for software lists
fixed: fail to load dats from www when www profiler definition file doesn't use http/https in the links

Thanks Roman!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Clrmamepro 4.041 released new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#390140 - 03/05/21 11:13 AM Attachment: ClrMAME.png 5 KB (0 downloads)

> fixed: systems auto assign fails for software lists

Was super excited for this. But when saying yes to importing software lists...

EDIT: Nevermind that. Getting the same error without importing the software lists.

Edit2: Weird. I have never created a seperate folder before for profiles. I had 2 in the main folder, one with Softwarelists imported, and one without. I just deleted my entire clrmame folder to start fresh, and created the first profile. No problem. Created a second profile... immediately skipped past the creation of cachefiles and such. Just as if it loaded the first profile by clicking on the new name. Created a new folder in the profiler window, then created a new profile in that new window. From here, I was able to do the initial import including software lists.

Not sure if this is a new bug or if I was using it wrong the whole time and was just lucky that it worked at all?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Roman
Regular
Send PM

Re: Clrmamepro 4.041 released new [Re: URherenow]
#390141 - 03/05/21 11:22 AM

To quote the MAME release notes:

MAME 0.229
24 Feb 2021
It’s been an eventful month, culminating in the release of MAME 0.229 today. One change that you’ll notice straight away is that the “64” suffix is no longer added to the file name for 64-bit versions of MAME. If you’re unsure, you can see the data model at the end of the window title.

in other words: You're pointing to an exe which does not exist anymore. So simply click your profile, update the filename for MAME and load....

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Clrmamepro 4.041 released new [Re: Roman]
#390142 - 03/05/21 11:31 AM

Sorry but that's not it. MameUI64 is still named that way. Go back and check out my edits real quick.

Roman
Regular
Send PM

#390143 - 03/05/21 11:40 AM

Then your MAMEUI64 may export a bad -listxml / -listsoftware output.
Try it yourself on the commandline ..

Edit: I've just downloaded MAMEUI64, setup a profile for it and both imports works fine here (software lists and normal).

URherenow
Send PM

#390144 - 03/05/21 11:55 AM

You didn't read my edits. I started from scratch, and the importing part worked just fine, other than having to use separate profiler folders (which may be where the glitch was/is). But alas, even when adding both "Roms" and "Software" to the roms path, and watching it seemingly recurse through my "Software" folder (which got me excited for a second), It still auto-assigned every system to "Roms".

The above was a couple of minutes ago.

The Autoassign seems to work correctly now, as long as I 1) Add each and every solftwarelist path to the roms path individually, and 2) List the "Roms" directory at the bottom. I probably have duplicate BIOS files in the "Roms" directory that throws everything off. This at least saves a whole lot of time when doing a first time setup! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Roman
Regular
Send PM

#390145 - 03/05/21 12:04 PM

1) Editing existing posts ain't a good idea
2) this is the mameworld news board, the discussion now should happen on the cmpro board
3) I've just made a clean setup, added some software lists paths and they all got auto-assigned correctly. The auto assign simply matches the sets in your paths against the bios/software lists and counts. So e.g. for Atari2600 it gets a result count of 1 from your MAME main folder and more than 1 from your MyA2600Roms folder, it assigns the latter one. If the count is 0 or identical counts are found, the first "match" is taken (usually your first rompath then).

So let's take this over to my forum and double check if you're really using the latest version

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: What's the correct URL for auto-update to work? nt new [Re: Roman]
#390199 - 03/08/21 10:50 PM

nt

It hasn't worked for me for a long time

Thanks

S

Roman
Regular
Send PM

Re: What's the correct URL for auto-update to work? nt new [Re: Sune]
#390203 - 03/09/21 08:33 AM

The url hasn't changed for over a decade if I remember correctly. The program simply looks up https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/version
However, since emulab.it switched from http to https several years ago, a handful of users had the problem that it doesn't work for them. I've done tests from several machines in different networks, even in different countries and it always worked, not only for me but for the majority of users.
It must be something network related (but something special on your end/route or in between), but I can't tell you where or what the problem is. Iirc some users did some checks and said the server response simply returns a 403 forbidden for them...maybe if I find a little time, I will do some additional checks.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: What's the correct URL for auto-update to work? nt new [Re: Roman]
#390239 - 03/12/21 10:46 PM Attachment: version.png 6 KB (0 downloads)

> The url hasn't changed for over a decade if I remember correctly. The program simply
> looks up https://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/version
> However, since emulab.it switched from http to https several years ago, a handful of
> users had the problem that it doesn't work for them. I've done tests from several
> machines in different networks, even in different countries and it always worked, not
> only for me but for the majority of users.
> It must be something network related (but something special on your end/route or in
> between), but I can't tell you where or what the problem is. Iirc some users did some
> checks and said the server response simply returns a 403 forbidden for them...maybe
> if I find a little time, I will do some additional checks.

Thanks Roman. The "Can't check version information" message comes up instantly when I click the update button so I think it might be something on my PC (Still running 64-bit Windows 7). I don't know what else to do except allowing CMP through the firewall. My landlord changed Internet provider (and modem/router which I don't have access to) recently and that didn't change anything.

I can reach the URL no problem through a browser.

Anyway it's not that important to me, it's just mysterious.

S

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Ashura-X
MAME Compiler!
Reged: 01/22/04
Send PM

Re: What's the correct URL for auto-update to work? nt new [Re: Sune]
#390326 - 03/15/21 11:57 PM

Same case here...

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: What's the correct URL for auto-update to work? nt new [Re: Ashura-X]
#390327 - 03/16/21 01:00 AM

Same here but what's funny is, after updating originally, the next couple of days I used it & it checked & worked fine. Then over the weekend I tried to check & it had just stopped working. Doesn't even get passed the button press, like it's not even registering the mouse click on it but manually input, goes right to it. WTH is up with that now?

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Roman
Regular
Send PM

Re: What's the correct URL for auto-update to work? nt new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#390332 - 03/16/21 08:44 AM

"WTH is up with that now?" Well, nothing really changed over the years and as I said (I know this doesn't help) 'it works for me, everywhere, everytime"

From users who had the problem I got information like "If you monitor the network you see that the server simply directly replies with a 403".
If I remember correctly, the lookup and download of information does 2 small http(s) requests. Maybe that's interpreted as too much traffic somewhere or -since this only happens since emulab switched to https- something is bad there.
However the latter can be tested pretty easily....I could put the update files somewhere else and modify version64.ini to look it up on the new url.

Anyway...this should be continued on the cmpro forum.

MetalliC
Demul/MAME dev
Reged: 03/20/09
Loc: UA
Send PM

#390334 - 03/16/21 04:49 PM

thanks foor your work!
but... is there a chance "Copy/Move - All listed Incomplete/[Not Fixed] sets" features will work as exected for merged romsets ?
I've been waiting for it number of years, maybe ten

Roman
Regular
Send PM

Re: Clrmamepro 4.041 released new [Re: MetalliC]
#390335 - 03/16/21 06:03 PM

In detail?
I didn't look but do you mean something like there is an issue in a clone set (and you got fully merged sets) it only tries to move/copy the clone and not the parent?

MetalliC
Demul/MAME dev
Reged: 03/20/09
Loc: UA
Send PM

#390336 - 03/16/21 07:34 PM

> In detail?
> I didn't look but do you mean something like there is an issue in a clone set (and
> you got fully merged sets) it only tries to move/copy the clone and not the parent?

yes, exactly.

Roman
Regular
Send PM

Re: Clrmamepro 4.041 released new [Re: MetalliC]
#390338 - 03/16/21 09:07 PM

you should have reported it 10 years ago
guess that can be fixed in minutes

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 834