http://www.mameui.info/

Jason
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: PA
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: John IV]
#391389 - 07/25/21 01:17 AM

I know that this news is a few weeks old but it still sad to read. There is no room in this world, at ALL for ANY type of bullying or shaming. We are all different and nobody is perfect (in spite of what some of us think). Sadly, there will always be people that hide behind a keyboard saying things that they would NEVER say if the person was near them. In today's world, it's far too easy to play on another person's foibles or lifestyles.

Rest in peace Byuu/Near. You didn't deserve the hand that the a-holes on the Internet dealt to you.

Nomax
Ryo Hazuki
Reged: 11/19/03
Loc: Belgium
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Jason]
#391392 - 07/25/21 11:57 AM

> I know that this news is a few weeks old but it still sad to read. There is no room
> in this world, at ALL for ANY type of bullying or shaming. We are all different and
> nobody is perfect (in spite of what some of us think). Sadly, there will always be
> people that hide behind a keyboard saying things that they would NEVER say if the
> person was near them. In today's world, it's far too easy to play on another person's
> foibles or lifestyles.
>
> Rest in peace Byuu/Near. You didn't deserve the hand that the a-holes on the Internet
> dealt to you.

Amen!

--------------------
NPlayers.ini - The multiplayer description file for MAME. (Linux user #448789)

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Nomax]
#391413 - 07/26/21 10:32 PM

Rest in peace.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: ciroconsentino@gmail.com

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#391428 - 07/28/21 03:15 AM

Maybe an upcoming MAME release could be dedicated to Near? Just a thought.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

fuck those haters. new [Re: John IV]
#391450 - 07/29/21 01:22 AM

I felt sorry for byuu. I can't stop thinking about him. I seen photos of him. Someone shown his ID with a picture. I don't what that about showing his ID.

RIP Byuu.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

apeman
Surfer
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: HI
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: John IV]
#391481 - 07/30/21 12:06 PM

Apart from the personal tragedy, this is also such a loss to the emulation world. Byuu's endless hard work and attention to detail leave a void that can't be filled.

F*** the pathetic keyboard warriors who caused this, they never contributed anything of any value to humanity, the way that Byuu did. RIP.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Andrew]
#391487 - 07/30/21 08:41 PM

> Maybe an upcoming MAME release could be dedicated to Near? Just a thought.

I don't think this is a good idea for several reasons although it's obvious your intentions were good.

Near received a ton of hate which then lead to the unfortunate end result and we wouldn't want this hate to transfer over to individuals on this project.

Also, many thousands of people are responsible for MAME being where it is today, so the dedication to one individual starts something that would take time & thought to maintain which is the exact opposite of what the current devs need. They already invest a massive amount of time into the project.

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: B2K24]
#391489 - 07/30/21 09:14 PM

> > Maybe an upcoming MAME release could be dedicated to Near? Just a thought.
>
> I don't think this is a good idea for several reasons although it's obvious your
> intentions were good.
>
> Near received a ton of hate which then lead to the unfortunate end result and we
> wouldn't want this hate to transfer over to individuals on this project.
>

I am not a hardcore neird to fully understand your logic behind that statement, but as a casual reader, I must say that this is one of the dumbest reads here in a while.

> Also, many thousands of people are responsible for MAME being where it is today, so
> the dedication to one individual starts something that would take time & thought to
> maintain which is the exact opposite of what the current devs need. They already
> invest a massive amount of time into the project.

This might be correct, but I believe that certain people deserve some respect. It would be a shame, if that would happen with any well known dev here and nothing would happen. What you call a „dedication to one individual“ does not need to be so big, that it involves much time and thought to maintain. A small sentence or idea would do it.

Moochieone
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/25/19
Loc: Virginia
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: uman]
#391492 - 07/31/21 01:26 AM

Even though the idea seems well intended, it does open a can of worms for precedence going forward. What becomes the deciding factor to include additional people for dedication for a project that has been worked on by MANY people? And how do you maintain a consensus for requests going forward?

RdW
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/13/05
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Moochieone]
#391494 - 07/31/21 03:35 AM

> Even though the idea seems well intended, it does open a can of worms for precedence
> going forward. What becomes the deciding factor to include additional people for
> dedication for a project that has been worked on by MANY people? And how do you
> maintain a consensus for requests going forward?

Why not dedicate a release for every deceased mame dev?

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: RdW]
#391495 - 07/31/21 03:44 AM

> > Even though the idea seems well intended, it does open a can of worms for
> precedence
> > going forward. What becomes the deciding factor to include additional people for
> > dedication for a project that has been worked on by MANY people? And how do you
> > maintain a consensus for requests going forward?
>
> Why not dedicate a release for every deceased mame dev?

Did Byuu even contribute to mame?

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Rotwang]
#391496 - 07/31/21 06:07 AM

> Did Byuu even contribute to mame?

He did indirectly. Several pieces of MAME’s SNES emulation are ported from his emulators. He was also instrumental in getting the internal ROMs extracted for several cartridge enhancement chips, and getting pretty much the entire US SNES library dumped properly.

He did radically change console emulation, though. With bsnes, he pushed the whole scene away from per-game hacks, and towards running tests on original hardware, and going down towards bus cycle granularity rather than treating instructions as indivisible. Although there were already some accuracy-focussed console emulators (e.g. Nestopia and Stella), Gambatte, SameBoy and mGBA probably wouldn’t be where they are if it weren’t for what bsnes set in motion.

Ironically, RetroArch wouldn’t exist either if it weren’t for him. What’s now libretro started off as libsnes, which was his earliest effort to separate the SNES emulation from the UI and OS-dependent stuff. You can still see that in the way libretro wants everything to be SNES-like (e.g. the whole concept of “RetroPads”).

Classic80sGMR
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/13/20
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#391499 - 07/31/21 02:43 PM

The summary is both extremely interesting and recognition worthy. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Andrew, while I agree with your compassion I think the idea would have a better chance focusing on recognizing of the efforts of those that have passed for their contributions to emulation engineering and preservation and as tragic as it was, keep it separated from the reason for their passing.

While I love this hobby I honestly know little about the individual contributions and that be preserved beyond just credit in source code. Perhaps this is me just me not looking hard enough? The closest thing I have found is the collection of links on the mameworld home page and somewhere I know there is a write up on the history on the lead developers.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: B2K24]
#391528 - 08/03/21 03:26 AM

> > Maybe an upcoming MAME release could be dedicated to Near? Just a thought.
>
> I don't think this is a good idea for several reasons although it's obvious your
> intentions were good.
>
> Near received a ton of hate which then lead to the unfortunate end result and we
> wouldn't want this hate to transfer over to individuals on this project.

I don't see how that could happen. From what little I've seen, Byuu/Near put himself out there in a way that most people don't, he exposed himself to a degree that I have never seen anyone in his position do before. I'm not saying "he asked for it" but he definitely made himself an easy target for "bullying" if that's the right word. I stress again that I do NOT mean to say or even hint that he is to blame for what happened in any way. Absolutely not. Anonymous internet people are awful, that entire culture is a cesspool and nobody deserves the shit he had to go through, much less all alone, no matter what.

S

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Sune]
#391531 - 08/03/21 03:54 AM

Everyone or anyone is free to pay homage, respects, tribute, honor, whatever it is you do or believe in, in your own way, however you deem necessary and see fit.

Lets leave it at that.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: RIP Byuu new [Re: Sune]
#391532 - 08/03/21 06:27 AM

At no point in your rambling, incoherent, bullshit post did you write anything that is even remotely close to the truth, you utterly ignorant fuck.

Near put so little actual information out there that their legal name was enough of a mystery that it was a living hell trying to provide enough information to the authorities to get a welfare check done that weekend - not that it would have helped, as we were all too late.

You cannot say you're not victim-blaming and then literally turn around and blame the victim. And not just blame the victim, but literally make up bullshit out of thin air in order to justify your non-argument.

The fact is, I've put myself out there way more than Near ever did, so have countless other people, and at no point have I or others been subject to even a fraction the amount of daily harassment that Near had to brook, for literally years on end.

Ignorant shit-eaters like you love to say worthless garbage like "if Near didn't like it, they should've just gotten off of the Internet," well guess what, that's exactly what Near did. And rather than patting themselves on the back about a job well done, the motherfuckers at KF and /emudev opted instead to look for any mutual followers on Twitter, and intentionally target the ones that were the most vulnerable instead. So rather than going after Near, they just started going after Near's friends instead, to draw them back out of hiding.

I'm not going to say what I really want to say - instead, I just hope you and your fucking favela-dwelling family manage to discover some semblance of humanity, because you sure as fuck lack any of it at the moment.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1542