Pages: 1

Gamer1701
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/23/21
Send PM

MAME Rebuild advice needed
#391692 - 08/23/21 05:20 AM

Hello Retro Gamers,
I have a MAME arcade with the 27" Wells Gardner D9200 CRT arcade monitor, Slikstik CO2 controller, SlikStik cabinet, PC with the Ultimarc Arcade VGA card, and Dual Light guns.

System has been working great for 17 years. Finally the monitor has been dimming bad and the PC finally died. Since new CRTs are impossible to find I decided to replace the CRT with a square 26.5" LCD Monitor and a new computer to replace the dead one. I know I'll need new light guns to work with the LCD monitor. Do I need to use the Arcade VGA card with the LCD monitor or just let mame control the resolution. What's the best mame port to produce the scan lines that we all know and love? Any help would be appreciated.
Happy Gaming,
Brian

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MAME Rebuild advice needed new [Re: Gamer1701]
#391746 - 08/28/21 09:42 PM

> What's the best mame port to produce the scan lines that we all know and love?

Which scanlines? 20-year-old-MAME scanlines or simulated CRT monitor scanlines?

If the latter, use the current version (0.235) assuming you didn't replace a Pentium 4 with another Pentium 4. Your Arcade VGA card is most likely AGP (or even old-school PCI) if it came out of that system, thus won't compatible with anything newer, so the best you could do is use a modern video card and an HD/4K monitor and use one of the MAME CRT shaders (not sure if a 4:3 1600x1200 LCD will cut it when simulating the quirks of an RGB monitor, although if it's 2560x1920 or similar it should be fine).

Gamer1701
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME Rebuild advice needed new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#391762 - 09/01/21 04:38 AM

thanks for your reply. the ArcadeVGA card is a pci express, based on an old Radeon series 3000 I believe. I searched high and low and found a square 26.5" diagonal monitor with a 1920x1920 resolution. I'll just enable HLSL in MAME to get the scan lines. I'll be happy with that if I can get it to work. I'll have to use a display port cable so the ArcadeVGA won't be used. Originally I thought I can check a box for simulated crt scan lines like in the old MAME32FX.

Gamer1701
MAME Fan
Send PM

update: MAME Rebuild advice needed new [Re: Gamer1701]
#391827 - 09/06/21 08:27 PM

I have good update news. I upgraded the monitor to that square 27" diagonal LCD monitor and new computer. Loaded up a complete new set of MAME roms. Loaded the latest version the SlikStik CO2 config. (new LCD compatible light guns on order). Everything is work great, trackball, spinner and I figured out the scanline settings with hlsl. Only 1 miner problem, I can't get the trackball or spinner to work in MAMEUI. They work in original mame64 for windows and the last release of MAME64FX. I tried all the same settings in MAMEUI that I have in the other MAME emulators. Anyone have any advice on settings to get them to work in MAMEUI?

(Trackball works with all games except Centipede in MAMEUI). Centipede trackball works in other mame builds, weird.

Happy Gaming.
Brian

Edited by Gamer1701 (09/11/21 02:13 PM)

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: update: MAME Rebuild advice needed new [Re: Gamer1701]
#391874 - 09/17/21 02:20 AM

> I have good update news. I upgraded the monitor to that square 27" diagonal LCD
> monitor and new computer. Loaded up a complete new set of MAME roms. Loaded the
> latest version the SlikStik CO2 config. (new LCD compatible light guns on order).
> Everything is work great, trackball, spinner and I figured out the scanline settings
> with hlsl. Only 1 miner problem, I can't get the trackball or spinner to work in
> MAMEUI. They work in original mame64 for windows and the last release of MAME64FX. I
> tried all the same settings in MAMEUI that I have in the other MAME emulators. Anyone
> have any advice on settings to get them to work in MAMEUI?
>
> (Trackball works with all games except Centipede in MAMEUI). Centipede trackball
> works in other mame builds, weird.
>
> Happy Gaming.
> Brian

Ask over here. MAMEUI & IV/Play https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=mameui

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

NaokiS
DSEM2 Fan
Reged: 08/24/21
Send PM

Re: MAME Rebuild advice needed new [Re: Gamer1701]
#391904 - 09/24/21 11:21 PM

Sinden light gun for the light gun games

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 519