MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Maheshinder
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/27/12
Send PM

New Virtual cabinet for Outrun
#329649 - 08/10/14 12:59 AM Attachment: outrun.zip 7500 KB (69 downloads)

Outrun

Antolin
www.VCabinet.es
Reged: 02/07/12
Loc: Spain
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Maheshinder]
#329650 - 08/10/14 01:17 AM

Good work mate. I am the "inventor" of the full artworks and I'm working in a web for sharing VCabinet artworks.
You might want to collaborate on the creation of new artworks.
Follow me on facebook to stay in touch:
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=46...456868&_rdr
www.vcabinet.es

Maheshinder
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Antolin]
#329651 - 08/10/14 02:15 AM

Hi, Dear I know you, You are great I already Visited your site http://antolinxxl.cu.cc/ I downloaded some of your Vcabinets and a Mame Cabinet edition I love your work actually You are my inspiration. I never seen Mame version like this Keep it up. I love your version of mame hope that you update it to new version. I am new in making this virtual cabinets I didn't know how to vectorise artwork can you help me how to vectorise artwork? Thanks a lot that you like my work.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#329652 - 08/10/14 03:34 AM

An idea, and I don't know / or, I wouldn't think this is how this is.... But is this animated in any way? Like the steering wheel and gear-shifter? I know such a thing would require a somewhat larger file size... Heck. I'm not sure MAME is even capable of such a thing. But I'd think it would be if it has something like this for other games that use lighted displays for scores. ....Anyway, as I was saying; Perhaps the steering wheel would have different rotation positions showing the angle of your steering (maybe even 'display' force feedback?), and the shifter would show if you're in high or low gear.

If this is what it does already then never mind. But if not (and if it's possible to do), then maybe it would be a good project to consider.

eta: @Antolin. I replied to Maheshinder, but if you'd have some say in this, you are, of course, welcome to.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (08/10/14 03:37 AM)

LEVEL-4

Maheshinder
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#329653 - 08/10/14 03:46 AM

It may be possible or not to animate it's wheel I don't know about this but it may be possible to blink it's lights because I seen blinking lights in Afterburner 2 Artwork. I have no experience in how to animate it But I welcomes if anyone can do that.

Antolin
www.VCabinet.es
Reged: 02/07/12
Loc: Spain
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#329667 - 08/10/14 12:30 PM

I have to investigate that ;-)

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

#329712 - 08/11/14 03:40 AM

Very, very cool man, against a black background it looks perfect, but you should use the pen tool in the outside as well, it looks like you used the magic wand tool.

I made one like this some years ago (but I made the complete cabinet):
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1

> It may be possible or not to animate it's wheel I don't know about this but it may be
> possible to blink it's lights because I seen blinking lights in Afterburner 2
> Artwork. I have no experience in how to animate it But I welcomes if anyone can do
> that.

Yeah, it would be awesome if it was possible. Moving joysticks would also be cool in other cabinets.

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Antolin]
#329713 - 08/11/14 03:50 AM

> Good work mate. I am the "inventor" of the full artworks and I'm working in a web for
> sharing VCabinet artworks.
> You might want to collaborate on the creation of new artworks.
> Follow me on facebook to stay in touch:
> https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=46...456868&_rdr
> www.vcabinet.es

Well, I'd say that the 3d Arcade guys "invented" this kind of thing (maybe someone have made it even before)... even I have done something similar way before: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1

Edited by Ramirez (09/13/14 11:45 PM)

Maheshinder
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Ramirez]
#329714 - 08/11/14 04:08 AM

Thanks for your suggestion Ramirez I use Photofiltre studio x for editing it doesn't have a pen tool I will try my next cabinet with Photoshop Your Strider cabinet is fantastic do you made it with Photoshop? I am new for making artwork that's why I am not perfect like you. Your artwok is great keep it up any new artwork from you?

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Send PM

#329715 - 08/11/14 04:37 AM

> Thanks for your suggestion Ramirez I use Photofiltre studio x for editing it doesn't
> have a pen tool I will try my next cabinet with Photoshop Your Strider cabinet is
> fantastic do you made it with Photoshop? I am new for making artwork that's why I am
> not perfect like you. Your artwok is great keep it up any new artwork from you?

Thanks for the compliment, but it's far from perfect and I have a lot to learn. Unfortunately I have very little time for it anymore (to much work), but I'll get back to it... hopefully.
I have to say, you're in the right direction, your Burger Time one is also very good.
Yes, it was just Photoshop in the Strider cabinet.
I learned how to use Photoshop in the Hyperspin forums (I made some themes for it), there are some very good tutorials in there, but you can find it in other places as well, the important is learn how to use the pen tool and have lots of patience. Good luck and congratulations for what you already done.

Edited by Ramirez (08/11/14 01:17 PM)

sleepy773
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/18
Send PM

#375625 - 04/15/18 08:54 AM

how do i make my out run look like this i try to copy and paste in artwork but still nothing.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: sleepy773]
#375633 - 04/16/18 12:19 AM

Download the .zip file from the message into your MAME artwork folder & make sure you have artwork turned on in your front-end or on the command line.

That should be it...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: New Virtual cabinet for Outrun new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#375645 - 04/16/18 02:48 AM

He might also have to rename the .zip file to outrun.zip. If he's downloading it with the numbers in front, then it won't work

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5327