Pages: 1

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Multibowl: MAME Remix
#359732 - 10/19/16 04:43 AM

QWOP creator took MAME and did an NES Remix on it. Says he will never publicly release it though.

Introducing Multibowl!: QWOP creator Bennet Foddy's private game that will never be released

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Multibowl: MAME Remix new [Re: Qun Mang]
#359733 - 10/19/16 06:03 AM

Pretty cool concept battling another player to complete objectives.

I'm unsure as to why you'd post a video advertising this but not releasing the code so everyone could run it.

The positive is it shows that MAME is capable of more than just Arcade games

JustNiz
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/29/15
Send PM

#359734 - 10/19/16 06:42 AM

Seriously whats the point in even telling us about this if its never going to be released.
This just makes me think its probably just a faked up video, otherwise why not release it?

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Multibowl: MAME Remix new [Re: JustNiz]
#359735 - 10/19/16 06:49 AM

Look at my Pokemans that you can never have.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#359736 - 10/19/16 06:56 AM

> Seriously whats the point in even telling us about this if its never going to be
> released.
> This just makes me think its probably just a faked up video, otherwise why not
> release it?

He has shown it off at various places so it is real, but I hear you- it would definitely be nice to download and try for myself.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#359754 - 10/20/16 03:29 AM

> Seriously whats the point in even telling us about this if its never going to be
> released.
> This just makes me think its probably just a faked up video, otherwise why not
> release it?

Maybe the guy has such an inflated ego he wants to rub it in other peoples' faces.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Multibowl: MAME Remix new [Re: Master O]
#359769 - 10/20/16 10:33 AM

> > Seriously whats the point in even telling us about this if its never going to be
> > released.
> > This just makes me think its probably just a faked up video, otherwise why not
> > release it?
>
> Maybe the guy has such an inflated ego he wants to rub it in other peoples' faces.

Maybe he's a sensible fucking guy and wouldn't want his name attached to a hacked build of MAME that would have to be supplied with ROMs in order to be useful. In the game industry that would cause any console developers at least to not touch you with a ten-meter cattle prod.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#359770 - 10/20/16 10:36 AM

> QWOP creator took MAME and did an NES Remix on it. Says he will never publicly
> release it though.

This is pretty damn cool.

As long as it's possible (or could be made possible) for MAME's Lua scripting system to start and stop a given softlist entry or ROM set, and load a save state, and for the script to have its own set of variables that exist outside the drivers (so to speak), then it would be possible to do this in an entirely data-driven manner without requiring any modifications to MAME's source code.

I've reached out to Bennet to point this out, as it could very well be that he simply is not aware that it can be done without making any modifications. In fact, the advantage to having it be Lua-driven would be that other people could add their own mini-games.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Multibowl: MAME Remix new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#359793 - 10/21/16 08:56 PM

> In fact, the advantage to having it be Lua-driven would be that other people could add their own mini-games.

Gives new meaning to 'homebrew'!

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#359809 - 10/22/16 03:45 AM

> released.

Because if he does release it, it basically has to come with ROMs, at which point a legal shitstorm the size of Smit's blunts descends.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#359811 - 10/22/16 06:20 AM

> QWOP creator took MAME and did an NES Remix on it. Says he will never publicly
> release it though.

So MAME with ADHD or something?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

Re: Multibowl: MAME Remix new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#359822 - 10/22/16 04:53 PM

> > QWOP creator took MAME and did an NES Remix on it. Says he will never publicly
> > release it though.
>
> So MAME with ADHD or something?

Have you literally never played any of the Wario Ware games?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3148