Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#367182 - 06/24/17 05:27 PM

> ....

No human could push a car out of the way while on a motorcycle. Unless he is a cyborg or something not human.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: Dullaron]
#367183 - 06/24/17 06:00 PM

He wasn't pushing. He was kicking it.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: Dullaron]
#367190 - 06/24/17 08:19 PM

> > ....
>
> No human could push a car out of the way while on a motorcycle. Unless he is a cyborg
> or something not human.

Put yourself in the biker's shoes. Or boots.

He's not trying to kick the car out of the way, he's trying to get a message across.

The car is overtaking him inside the same lane, even if there's enough space to do that the car has no business being there. I ride a motorcycle and this happens all the time.

From a bikers point of view the driver of the car got what he deserved, too bad it had to involve someone else who had nothing to do with it.

S

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: Sune]
#367192 - 06/24/17 08:53 PM

It looks like the car tried to knock over the motorcyclist in retaliation for kicking his car, over compensated, and lost control.

Knock a motorcyclist over at highway speeds? That's tantamount to attempted murder using your car as a deadly weapon, basically.

This is why I quit riding. Some cars are just murderous ass holes. Is ass holes one word or two? Is it a type of hole, being of the ass variety, or a thing in and of itself, like an asshole?

Squirrel!

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Heavy Metal new [Re: GatKong]
#367195 - 06/24/17 09:37 PM Attachment: XRay.jpg 904 KB (0 downloads)

> It looks like the car tried to knock over the motorcyclist in retaliation for kicking
> his car, over compensated, and lost control.

Yes exactly, which is when the motorcyclist looked in his mirror and thought to himself "he got what he deserved" as he rode off into the sunset. It's too bad that the drivers loss of control caused injuries to someone who was not involved to begin with. It's a stupid thing to do, "fighting" in traffic but as I see it the blame for the collateral damage is clearly on the driver of the car and he shouldn't have tried to share lanes with the motorcyclist in the first place. This is why I always drive smack in the middle of my lane like I don't give a fuck. Unless I make a conscious, courteous decision not to, but then at least I know what's coming.

> Knock a motorcyclist over at highway speeds? That's tantamount to attempted murder
> using your car as a deadly weapon, basically.

Oh these "murder attempts" happen to me all the time. It's the worst when it rains, Brazilians really lose their head when it rains. One time I wired up a really loud car horn (unfortunately it shorted out during the rain season the same year) and that just proved to me that I was invisible to them. It was a joy while it lasted to see cars literally jump out of the way as i honked the horn, and then see the look on their faces when it's a 100cc Honda Pop. Otherwise they just don't see you, or they don't care. I don't know which it is but all my 9 lives are spent for sure by now and I'm not even a cat like you.

> This is why I quit riding. Some cars are just murderous ass holes. Is ass holes one
> word or two? Is it a type of hole, being of the ass variety, or a thing in and of
> itself, like an asshole?
>
> Squirrel!

Yes, a hole of the ass variety lol. An inconsiderate one

I've been in accidents before but ironically what finally got me was oil on the road. Lost control, let go of the bike as it changed lanes by itself in a rain of sparks, broke my left elbow in 300 pieces and spent three weeks in public hospital constantly getting bumped to the end of the surgery queue because of favela kids playing with guns.

S

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Heavy Metal new [Re: Sune]
#367198 - 06/24/17 11:02 PM

Brazil is the key word there. I don't even like riding in a car in Brazil. Passing a slow truck climbing a hill at night going around a blind curve is not only the norm, people get mad if you don't.

Why aren't you passing this slow hole of the ass variety?

Two reasons. Because we're climbing a hill at night going around a blind curve, that, and this slow truck in our lane will protect us from the knucklehead passing the slow truck in HIS lane coming the other way!

🤡

Also, the fracture in your bone isn't near as worrisome as the floral pattern it's got. That can't be healthy.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: Heavy Metal new [Re: GatKong]
#367199 - 06/25/17 12:20 AM

> Brazil is the key word there. I don't even like riding in a car in Brazil. Passing a
> slow truck climbing a hill at night going around a blind curve is not only the norm,
> people get mad if you don't.

Yes, someone behind you honking their horn trying to get you to possibly kill yourself so that they can get home to their rice and beans and shitty novela 10 minutes earlier.

> Why aren't you passing this slow hole of the ass variety?
>
> Two reasons. Because we're climbing a hill at night going around a blind curve, that,
> and this slow truck in our lane will protect us from the knucklehead passing the slow
> truck in HIS lane coming the other way!
>
> 🤡

Exactly hahah that's how it works. After a while living here you learn to detect the customary Brazilian "taking advantage of every possible opportunity (because otherwise someone else will and then I'm the trouxa)" and use it to your own advantage, or at least, to not get killed in traffic.

> Also, the fracture in your bone isn't near as worrisome as the floral pattern it's
> got. That can't be healthy.

Those flowers are from The Democratic Republic of Congo

I had to leave house and grab my stuff in a hurry when I "got divorced" and I didn't take any sheets. When I took the photo I was holding up the x-ray against a bedsheet that I use for a curtain in the room that I'm renting. My Congolese girlfriend's dad gave it to her and she gave it to me.

S

mike20599
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/14/08
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: GatKong]
#367208 - 06/25/17 11:06 AM

It's much easier in Spy Hunter.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Report from the LA Times.... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#367217 - 06/25/17 05:23 PM

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-road-rage-video-santa-clarita-20170623-story.html

Should've included this when I posted the vid.

If I had bothered to look for it.

LEVEL-4

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: mike20599]
#367227 - 06/25/17 10:55 PM

Or Road Rash...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Biker vs Sedan new [Re: GatKong]
#367531 - 07/04/17 09:53 AM

> It looks like the car tried to knock over the motorcyclist in retaliation for kicking
> his car, over compensated, and lost control.
>
> Knock a motorcyclist over at highway speeds? That's tantamount to attempted murder
> using your car as a deadly weapon, basically.
>
> This is why I quit riding. Some cars are just murderous ass holes.

Yep agree 100%, and so many cars just do not see / look.

Moose

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1916