Pages: 1

Dan@Flyer Fever
Early video game flyer collector
Reged: 12/16/03
Loc: Altamont, NY
Send PM

Flyer Fever 2023-Oct: Year 9 Part 2
#397219 - 10/20/23 02:09 PM

Undiscovered Bronze Age video game flyers are very hard to come by these days, so check these out.

Bonpa (1978) - Nichibutsu
Circus Circus (1978) - Universal [Upright Cabinet]
Circus Circus (1978) - Universal [Cocktail Cabinet]
Fisco 400 (1977) - Taito
Golden Spear (1978) - Seibu Leasing Company
Gypsy Juggler (1978) - Meadows Games/Taito
Missile-X (1977) - Taito
Play Table Game Information Vol. 1 (1978) - Irem [Shows Table Block]
Safari (1977) - Taito
Seesaw Jump (1978) - Sega
Super Bowl TII (1977) - Sega
T.T. Speed Race (1974) - Taito
TV Twin 101 (1978) - Agency?
UFO (1978) Universal
Vanish (1977) - Hoei Sangyo Corporation

https://www.flyerfever.com

~ Enjoy

agard
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/13
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2023-Oct: Year 9 Part 2 new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#397220 - 10/20/23 07:33 PM

some clones i never heard of so i bet they're rare flyers.

Thanks for sharing

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2023-Oct: Year 9 Part 2 *edit* new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#397221 - 10/20/23 07:53 PM

> Undiscovered Bronze Age video game flyers are very hard to come by these days,

All of those months of work being spent towards a couple major release events to commemorate nine years for Flyer Fever in operation…..the past two celebratory updates is equivalent of Fernando Tatis’ two grand slams in one inning.

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/boxscore/04231999.shtml

Fernando Tatis, who had not hit a grand slam during his Major League career, homered twice with the bases loaded — both times off Chan Ho Park — in the third inning. Tatis, not only became the first Major League ballplayer to hit two grand slams in one inning, but he also set a new record with eight runs batted in during a single inning.

The Gypsy Juggler flyer with cab interior image is very good since it shows what the artwork looks like. Impressive work with finding and getting more of the Sega and Taito flyers. One of these days, may the elusive Japanese region Sega Frogs flyer be found and added to Flyer Fever. Anyway…congrats for nine years with Flyer Fever online.

On the topic of Bronze Age side of items, another Apple II tape cassette game has been found and preserved.

https://mastodon.social/@A2_Canada/111258014641831693

Oct 18, 2023

Today is a huge day for Apple II software preservation. With the help of Antoine Vignau and txgx42, we have managed to recover, make playable, and archive renowned game designer Dani Bunten's first game, Wheeler Dealers. Released in 1978/79 and published by Speakeasy Software, a small Canadian developer, Wheeler Dealers is a multi-player stock market simulation that only sold ~50 copies. It is the first (known) computer game to have been sold in a box. The game was considered lost until now.

Maybe that will eventually be supported in the hash file at a later time.

https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/hash/apple2_cass.xml

Edited by gregf (10/20/23 08:10 PM)

Dan@Flyer Fever
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2023-Oct: Year 9 Part 2 new [Re: gregf]
#397222 - 10/20/23 08:04 PM

> One of these days, may those elusive Japanese region Sega Frogs and
> Sega Tranquilizer Gun flyers be found and added to Flyer Fever. Anyway…congrats for
> nine years with Flyer Fever online.

Thanks Greg. Tranquillizer Gun by Sega has been accounted for.
https://www.flyerfever.com/tranquillizer-gun/

~ Dan

Dan@Flyer Fever
Send PM

Re: Flyer Fever 2023-Oct: Year 9 Part 2 new [Re: agard]
#397223 - 10/20/23 08:06 PM

> some clones i never heard of so i bet they're rare flyers.
>
> Thanks for sharing

Sure thing. Enjoy this 'oldies' update since the next ones are back to 'newer' stuff, but the themes will be interesting, such as flyers for games that were reverse ported, from computers and consoles to the arcades.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

clones and unique games new [Re: agard]
#397224 - 10/20/23 08:06 PM

> some clones i never heard of so i bet they're rare flyers.

Very, very rare which is why Dan deserves credit with patience of finding these flyers.

There are still games from 1970s such as PSE’s Space Out that most including myself were not aware of existence of such a game. One would have had to have been in the business way back then to be aware of existence of those test location type games that never made it to the commercial market back then.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

the Sega flyers *edit* new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#397225 - 10/20/23 08:17 PM

> Tranquillizer Gun by Sega has been accounted for.

That’s good. Sixtoe’s System 16 web site use to have a link to a flyer of the game from a different web site that was not the TAFA web site. The flyer link was eventually removed. To me, I thought maybe the flyer had a different design, but maybe the flyer was the same type of flyer you already have.

Edited by gregf (10/21/23 11:48 PM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

those ports of games new [Re: Dan@Flyer Fever]
#397226 - 10/20/23 08:31 PM

> such as flyers for games that were reverse ported, from computers and consoles to the arcades.

Brøderbund’s computer game Ancient Art of War and maybe Ancient Art of War at Sea should have been ported to coinop versions.

Both were damn great computer games that could have had been potential money makers in arcades and businesses. If a coin credit to continue to play feature was added to the games, there’s the profit feature all by itself. Make the game to work in cocktail table format, unfortunately using a split screen window for each player’s side for viewing gameplay and maybe the players would have been almost continually feeding coins to the end just to see who wins the game.

I believe that would have been doable.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 133