MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Sixtoe
Ferret Worrier
Reged: 01/09/04
Loc: UK
Send PM

System 16 Updated (again)
#247834 - 03/03/11 12:51 AM

Yes, really, I didn't believe it either...

Data East among other sweet and savory goodness.

System 16 - The Arcade Museum

ShimaPong
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/05
Send PM

Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: Sixtoe]
#247844 - 03/03/11 03:31 AM

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/fslasht/20100619
Geinohjin Sikaku Siken has been already dumped and emulated by the great.
He had read a data from error tape and ported to Windows.

Also you can see very interesting package for Oo-zumou / The Grand Sumo (*41*) and Super Doubles Tennis (*34*).

[unconfirmed information]
Bampolin (it's not Bam"b"olin) will be another title of Flying Ball?

"Any company has no power to stop people emulating"
MAME is the emulator of no giving in the pressure from any company even if they don't allow

ranger_lennier
Reged: 04/07/05
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: ShimaPong]
#247849 - 03/03/11 03:57 AM

> http://d.hatena.ne.jp/fslasht/20100619
> Geinohjin Sikaku Siken has been already dumped and emulated by the great.
> He had read a data from error tape and ported to Windows.
>
> Also you can see very interesting package for Oo-zumou / The Grand Sumo (*41*) and
> Super Doubles Tennis (*34*).
>
> [unconfirmed information]
> Bampolin (it's not Bam"b"olin) will be another title of Flying Ball?

It's a bit hard to follow the Google translation, but it looks like he managed to fix an error in a Geinohjin Sikaku Siken tape and has it running in a DECO cassette emulator (not MAME). There are also other games running like Oo-Zumou (The Grand Sumo). I don't suppose these dumps are floating around anywhere?

He also likes posting pictures of dolls and food. Admittedly, the sashimi does look pretty (and delicious).

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: ShimaPong]
#247859 - 03/03/11 07:49 AM Attachment: dataeastdecocartridges.jpg 50 KB (1 downloads)

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/fslasht/20100619

Good link. Thanks.

>Geinohjin Sikaku Siken has been already dumped and emulated by the great.
>He had read a data from error tape and ported to Windows.

>Also you can see very interesting package for Oo-zumou / The Grand Sumo (*41*) and Super Doubles Tennis (*34*).

Your find should get the driver updated so the current info is retained within the deco cassette driver file.

===
http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drivers/decocass.c.html

/* 33 */ GAME( 1983, cprosocc, decocass, cprosocc, cprosocc, decocass, ROT270, "Data East Corporation", "Pro Soccer (Cassette)", 0 )
/* 34 */ Super Doubles Tennis

/* 40 */ GAME( 1984, cfghtice, decocass, cfghtice, cfghtice, decocass, ROT270, "Data East Corporation", "Fighting Ice Hockey (Cassette)", 0 )
/* 41 */ The Grand Sumo

==

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: ranger_lennier]
#247860 - 03/03/11 07:55 AM

>It's a bit hard to follow the Google translation, but it looks like he managed to fix an
> error in a Geinohjin Sikaku Siken tape and has it running in a DECO cassette emulator
> (not MAME). There are also other games running like Oo-Zumou (The Grand Sumo). I don't
> suppose these dumps are floating around anywhere?

Someone has to have Deco cartridge Manhattan out there waiting to be preserved.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: System 16 Updated (again) new [Re: Sixtoe]
#247863 - 03/03/11 11:56 AM

Still some gems in there like "Salaried Worker Golden Taro"

Cyberzinho Punk
Reged: 12/31/09
Loc: São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Send PM

Re: System 16 Updated (again) new [Re: Sixtoe]
#247880 - 03/03/11 08:54 PM Attachment: good_job.jpeg 6 KB (1 downloads)

Good job!!!!!!!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Sorry, my English is bad!!!
Slackware Linux 14.2 beta 2/Fluxbox 1.3.7
Linux user #438128
MAME for Slackware

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#247901 - 03/04/11 01:11 AM

> > http://d.hatena.ne.jp/fslasht/20100619
> > Geinohjin Sikaku Siken has been already dumped and emulated by the great.
> > He had read a data from error tape and ported to Windows.
> >
> > Also you can see very interesting package for Oo-zumou / The Grand Sumo (*41*) and
> > Super Doubles Tennis (*34*).
> >
> > [unconfirmed information]
> > Bampolin (it's not Bam"b"olin) will be another title of Flying Ball?
>
> It's a bit hard to follow the Google translation, but it looks like he managed to fix
> an error in a Geinohjin Sikaku Siken tape and has it running in a DECO cassette
> emulator (not MAME). There are also other games running like Oo-Zumou (The Grand
> Sumo). I don't suppose these dumps are floating around anywhere?

Of course not or they'd be in MAME and he wouldn't be able to make money off of it. That post is quite old, I never posted about it because it's just another Japanese hoarder. They are a dime a dozen.

ranger_lennier
Reged: 04/07/05
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#247902 - 03/04/11 01:19 AM

> I don't suppose these dumps are floating around anywhere?
>
> Of course not or they'd be in MAME and he wouldn't be able to make money off of it.
> That post is quite old, I never posted about it because it's just another Japanese
> hoarder. They are a dime a dozen.

How is he making money off of it?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#247904 - 03/04/11 01:24 AM

I can't read the page. Last I heard from a Japanese friend, it appeared he was trying to get legal rights to be able to sell them in an emulator package. That could be no longer true (I guess) but either way he's obviously not wanting to share the dumps with MAME. Look at the date.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: System 16 Updated (again) new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#247905 - 03/04/11 01:26 AM

> Still some gems in there like "Salaried Worker Golden Taro"

It should be "Salaryman Kintaro" -- See here. It's not a bad translation, I suppose. Kintaro does kinda say "Golden Taro", but Kintaro is a name. Plus it's a pun.

Salaryman = Salaried worker. Basically a company man.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#247906 - 03/04/11 01:27 AM

> I can't read the page. Last I heard from a Japanese friend, it appeared he was trying
> to get legal rights to be able to sell them in an emulator package. That could be no
> longer true (I guess) but either way he's obviously not wanting to share the dumps
> with MAME. Look at the date.

I actually wonder who owns the rights to those particular games. I know many Data East games got released on the Wii on an emulator disc recently, so SOMEONE owns the rights to part of the catalog, at least. But these are older than those games... so who knows.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: Foxhack]
#247909 - 03/04/11 01:33 AM

The rights don't default to nobody so yeah. Probably whoever owns the rights to the games you mentioned also owns the Deco Cassette ones, the whole back catalog. There's no way they have a copy of the software for any of them other than the ones in MAME though.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: Geinohjin Sikaku Siken (DECO Cassette) new [Re: Foxhack]
#248067 - 03/06/11 12:28 AM

> > I can't read the page. Last I heard from a Japanese friend, it appeared he was
> trying
> > to get legal rights to be able to sell them in an emulator package. That could be
> no
> > longer true (I guess) but either way he's obviously not wanting to share the dumps
> > with MAME. Look at the date.
>
> I actually wonder who owns the rights to those particular games. I know many Data
> East games got released on the Wii on an emulator disc recently, so SOMEONE owns the
> rights to part of the catalog, at least. But these are older than those games... so
> who knows.

Wikipedia, that ever reliable font of all info says:
"Most of Data East's intellectual properties were acquired in February 2004 by G-Mode, a Japanese mobile game content provider.[4] However some of Data East's assets, including Karnov,[5] Chelnov [6] and the Glory of Heracles series are owned by Paon Corporation instead of G-Mode. Likewise, G-Mode does not own rights to the Metal Max series and the Tantei Jingūji Saburō series which were retained by Createch and WorkJam respectively. Ownership rights is unknown for some of the DECO Cassette games as well as for games that were created from licensed properties (such as Robocop and Captain America and the Avengers)."
So G-Mode, maybe, except for that vague "Ownership rights is unknown for some of the DECO Cassette games" part...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3416