Pages: 1

Breetai
Semi-Lurker "full time drinker"
Reged: 11/02/03
Loc: Omaha
Send PM

How did we all get (HERE)
#284734 - 05/03/12 03:20 AM

How did we all get to Mameworld? I found mame from a tron web site way back in 97. It had a link to a site called arcade at home. Yes kids 97. Mame was cool and you could download all those rfiles at once. Lots of boring stuff in between arcade at home...... and mame dot net shutting down and you peeps have got my sorry ass since.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: Breetai]
#284742 - 05/03/12 04:03 AM

I found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong. I found MS Return of Arcade to play Pac Man, but then I realized MAME was more faithful to the original. I don't know why Nintendo never released DK for the PC.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#284743 - 05/03/12 04:04 AM

Jopezu abducted me and I was to to be a virgin sacrifice for Fazeo. Smitdogg assraped me before that happened, so I was worthless as a sacrifice at that point. Orc took pity on me, and let me hang out for a while. Orc went out for beer one day and never came back, so here I sit like a lost puppy. Sometimes Mr.Do leaves me tablescraps, so I stick around.

Breetai
Send PM

k me drunk (big surpirse) thats funney right now! >NT< new [Re: italie]
#284745 - 05/03/12 04:09 AM

> Jopezu abducted me and I was to to be a virgin sacrifice for Fazeo. Smitdogg assraped
> me before that happened, so I was worthless as a sacrifice at that point. Orc took
> pity on me, and let me hang out for a while. Orc went out for beer one day and never
> came back, so here I sit like a lost puppy. Sometimes Mr.Do leaves me tablescraps, so
> I stick around.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#284746 - 05/03/12 04:20 AM

> How did we all get to Mameworld? I found mame from a tron web site way back in 97. It
> had a link to a site called arcade at home. Yes kids 97. Mame was cool and you could
> download all those rfiles at once. Lots of boring stuff in between arcade at
> home...... and mame dot net shutting down and you peeps have got my sorry ass since.

If I remember correctly, I got into NES emulation first with Nesticle, probably in late '97 or early '98. At some point I got a yen to play the real arcade version of Rampage, probably after playing the NES version. I can't remember if RAINE supported Rampage before MAME did, or if I just happened to stumble across it first, but that was the first arcade emulator I ever used. I knew about MAME for quite a while before I actually tried it because it seemed complicated to get set up and running. I finally installed it when I got curious about games beyond what RAINE supported at the time, and haven't looked back since.

I reged at MAMEWorld in '05 (according to my profile my 7 year anniversary is coming up next week), but I only posted a couple of times. I lurked for probably a year or so before I started posting regularly.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: redk9258]
#284747 - 05/03/12 04:21 AM

> I found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong. I found MS Return of Arcade to
> play Pac Man, but then I realized MAME was more faithful to the original. I don't
> know why Nintendo never released DK for the PC.

Oh, but they did... it was terrible.

Budweiser
And you wonder why I drink !!!
Loc: Arizona
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: redk9258]
#284749 - 05/03/12 04:42 AM

> I found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong. I found MS Return of Arcade to
> play Pac Man, but then I realized MAME was more faithful to the original. I don't
> know why Nintendo never released DK for the PC.

Lol ,I also found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong ,must of been 1999 or 2000 ...Good Times

Rehab is for quitters !!

Breetai
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: DMala]
#284750 - 05/03/12 04:43 AM

> > How did we all get to Mameworld? I found mame from a tron web site way back in 97.
> It
> > had a link to a site called arcade at home. Yes kids 97. Mame was cool and you
> could
> > download all those rfiles at once. Lots of boring stuff in between arcade at
> > home...... and mame dot net shutting down and you peeps have got my sorry ass
> since.
>
> If I remember correctly, I got into NES emulation first with Nesticle, probably in
> late '97 or early '98. At some point I got a yen to play the real arcade version of
> Rampage, probably after playing the NES version. I can't remember if RAINE supported
> Rampage before MAME did, or if I just happened to stumble across it first, but that
> was the first arcade emulator I ever used. I knew about MAME for quite a while before
> I actually tried it because it seemed complicated to get set up and running. I
> finally installed it when I got curious about games beyond what RAINE supported at
> the time, and haven't looked back since.
>
> I reged at MAMEWorld in '05 (according to my profile my 7 year anniversary is coming
> up next week), but I only posted a couple of times. I lurked for probably a year or
> so before I started posting regularly.

I lurked here but spent lots of time on BYOAC....feeling nostalgic

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: Budweiser]
#284751 - 05/03/12 05:03 AM

So many DK fans... Who remembers the Champ remakes, among them Champ Kong? Anyway, to the OP, I don't remember what I was looking for or how I stumbled on it, probably just looking for arcade remakes to play, but I found Nicola's MultiPac emulator (precursor to MAME) and Dave Spicer's Sparcade. I think that was the one out at the time rather than the original DASArcade. I started following these emulators and later ones that were released like Retrocade, the NeoGeo and CPS-2 emulators, Killer Instinct emu (though I had never actually played the KI games before) and several other game-specific emus, Daphne... Somewhere along the line I found the console emulators of the time like NESticle and those as well. To repeat what was already said, good times.

Edit: Just found a really old emu folder with not only Sparcade, but some others I forgot about like RAGE, HIVE, SegaC2 and System 16 emulators, JAS (JRok's Arcade Simulation), M72 and JFF!

> > I found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong. I found MS Return of Arcade
> to
> > play Pac Man, but then I realized MAME was more faithful to the original. I don't
> > know why Nintendo never released DK for the PC.
>
> Lol ,I also found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong ,must of been 1999 or
> 2000 ...Good Times

Edited by Qun Mang (05/03/12 05:21 AM)

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

#284754 - 05/03/12 06:26 AM

I got into emulation in '99. Nesticle. I was completely and utterly overtaken with joy that something like that existed. I can play real nintendo games on my PC? Not ports, the real thing? I also found Genecyst, zSNES & Mame. I didn't get into Mame right away though. I tried getting Asteroids to work, but I don't think I did at the time. There was a lot of info, and so many different systems, and it wasn't as simple as loading a *.nes rom file. And although I did spend a lot of time in arcades when I was young, I spent a lot more time playing my consoles at home, so I was more interested in those.

About a year or so later, I was playing Metal Gear Solid on the GBC (it was just released and Metal Gear (NES) was one of my all time favorites since I was a kid, as was the PSX game). I signed up on Gamefaqs to post to their forums, and since that was what I was playing, I chose snake, but it was taken, so I chose snake78. I posted there on and off for a few months maybe. I took the nick with me to most if not all other forums I've frequented since though.

Also around that time (late 2000, early 2001) I bought Atari Arcade Hits 1 so I could play Asteroids. I fell in love with it and wanted to play more arcade games that I remembered from my youth, so I went back and found Mame again. I visited Mameworld for info on getting it set up, and stuff, but didn't venture to the forums until after 9/11. I think it was October 2001. I had visited the mame.net forums but I was turned off, and didn't even register. But with Mameworld, I surfed in, clicked on a thread, and was immediately horrified (in a 'holy shit, laugh out loud, what the fuck is going on here, quick click on a different thread' kind of way) by a picture of Smit fucking Osama Bin Laden in the ass while he (Osama) sucked off Jop, or something of the sort, Faz might have been in there too actually, I only have a vague recollection of it. I've simply seen way too many penis and goatse arse type photoshoppings since that fateful day. Funny that I was turned off by mame.net jackasses, but that pic made me think, 'hmm, these guys seem alright.'

I mostly lurked. I started posting a little more regularly when Smit posted one of his 'Lurkers Stop Lurking!' posts.

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Reged: 01/28/12
Loc: Freeport, PA
Send PM

#284755 - 05/03/12 06:28 AM

Quote:

How did we all get to Mameworld?

I got here curious about MAME through Wikipedia. MAME was always one of those things that I was meaning to get to. And I did get around to checking it out in December 2009.

MameWorld is my primary place to check for news updates regarding the evolution of the emulator and the digital preservation of not just the games but ALL parts of arcade video gaming history.

And it just got better when MESS got combined with MAME, so to speak. This is all a part of computing history. It's a history that really took off when microcomputers became affordable for home use. some users took that home technology to replicate other computer systems and so forth. It's applied knowledge and technology in its purest form.

I personally watched it all evolve. And now it's able to not just be preserved but replicated for future generations of geeky human beings to experience for themselves.

In a century we'll all be gone due to the limits of human mortality. But that knowledge that's archived will live on. That's immortality akin to classic literature that has survived the ebb and flow of time itself.

That is a huge philosophical turn on for me. :-)

It makes me wonder what didn't survive, like nitrate film stock crumpling into dust.

--Bekki

Combating functional illiteracy with latex-clad drama since the '80s, because old video games rule!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

#284768 - 05/03/12 09:52 AM

god.....I don't rightly remember. Pretty lackluster story: took home a Jakk's-type deal, with a game on it that is some console port of Gyruss - but the box pics being of the arcade version. Looked for arcade games.....ummm....took a while. Found MAME. Found MAMEWorld within a few/several months.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

#284769 - 05/03/12 09:55 AM

> > I found MAME by looking for a way to play Donkey Kong. I found MS Return of Arcade
> to
> > play Pac Man, but then I realized MAME was more faithful to the original. I don't
> > know why Nintendo never released DK for the PC.
>
> Oh, but they did... it was terrible.

But that was '83. The Colecovision port (which it looks like the PC/MAC version was somewhat ripped of off) fuckin smoked it.

What's hilarious is those games were licensed by Atari. Weird.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

RocLobstaAdministrator
Lazy ass admin
Reged: 09/18/03
Loc: SW UK
Send PM

#284771 - 05/03/12 12:02 PM

Erm, well it was 1999 and I co-founded MW with KC and Zan (wonder where he went)

So I guess I found it first..

www.mameworld.info

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#284779 - 05/03/12 03:20 PM

I don't recall what year it was, before 2000, I think. I started getting on the internet at the library and my Sega Saturn (horrible, embarrassing story that one is, but that's Off-topic, anyway....) I was mainly interested in all things Stridery, and game music. Somewhere along the way I discovered that old arcade games could be played on your computer. Then I made it a quest to replay Taito's Gladiator. I downloaded the wrong emulator, and wrong gamefile/rom. It was some blue and yellow (I could be wrong) game where a little guy was in an arena and fought with swords, tridents, and nets (I think). Yeah, I was WAY off. Eventually I found MAME, then registered at mame.net -I guess when I just had to ask a question. I think it was about using cheats, but I do know that Mojo2000 replied rather harshly towards me.

At some point I learned about this site and forum, but I didn't have much interest in registering here. I think I thought it was too uppity. Then mame.net went kaputsky. Then I finally came here. I think my first question was in the Bin, asking what a certain tune was (which it turned out to be 'Stepping Out' by Joe Jackson) and Angera replied to me. She said she had to rinse her ears out with some bjork.

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#284783 - 05/03/12 04:02 PM

I came across MAME entirely by accident. I had a hobby of building an online FPS for about ten years by that point, which, for I don't know why, one day turned into a magnet for hackers. Being that I was a self-taught programmer by hobby, not a professional, I was completely out-classed by the hackers that plagued my game... and at some point I just got fed up and quit. So I started looking for something to do that didn't involve online play... and saw this homemade MAME cabinet on a website somewhere, which really caught my eye. As a kid I always wanted my own arcade cabinet in the house, so I started looking into it... which of course brought me to MAME, the heart of the homemade cabinet... and been hanging around ever since.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#284791 - 05/03/12 05:27 PM

1998-1999: looking for nes shit online. found nesticle and discovered emulation. researched various platforms, etc.

2000: begin mass rom downloads. discovered mame/mameworld. make mame gifs.

2001: work with KC learning gif making. get slaughtered by KC and his boys on quake3. mame chat with smitdogg; making sure people's networking gear is set to transparency mode.

2002-2003: argue with fazeo about xbox and nintendo. elgondolero kidnapped. post drunken videos and pictures while fat. flirt with people on the board under female pseudonyms. onyx gets fired for using work SANs to store emulation files and roms. KC goes missing - panic.

2004-2007: act like a complete asshole on mame.net to get banned (ask twisty to unban). fazeo departs. troll current affairs board. new batch. switched to new website/board. karasu, greg and mr. do meet somewhere out west and take pictures that become immortalized. sez titty pic. kitzel goes missing. italie garage posts.

2008-2009: make sure none andrew's posts/replies are unread. angela leaves. snake puts music on youtube. orc found dead in flat. "welcome to the shithole, featuring italie". italie flood/garage posts.

2010: pi enters rehab. mameworld keeps going down. people get worried. regulars befriend on facebook. orc back to life. italie flood/garage posts.

2011-present: politics/religion trolling. twisty finds snatch and leaves the scene. threads about the old days. gemini is still trying to get laid. sune posting weird fucking pictures of tribal rituals and musicks. italie flood/garage posts.

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

#284799 - 05/03/12 06:54 PM

My VERY first experience was looking online for Donkey Kong. I tried CHAMP games, but it wasn't 100%. That is how I found MAME.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#284801 - 05/03/12 07:48 PM Attachment: pac-man.jpg 78 KB (1 downloads)

I think 2 or 3 months after my brother died in Feb '97, I got the desire to play some original
Castle Wolfenstein, which I used to play on his Apple II whatever when I was a much younger
Gor. I knew that emulators existed and started looking around. This soon lead me to Nesticle
and MAME, which really interested me a lot more than Apple emulation. I got a bit hooked on
the whole emulation thing and purchased a Hotrod SE in '99 (I believe) for more accurate
control.

I probably came across mameworld in the search for teh romz, and was a regular lurker in the
forums soon after. I lurked for months (maybe a year) before posting a few shots at jop and
faz, which was soon followed by the posting of my Pac-Man shirt pic in summer '01.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: Gor]
#284804 - 05/03/12 08:07 PM

Nice shirt!

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: jopezu]
#284808 - 05/03/12 09:08 PM

Another highlight was the telly calls... I forget exactly how that came about, but I remember you wanting to talk to posters on the phone. I don't know who else you talked to then, but I talked to you over the phone back in 2003ish... in the middle of the night iirc... Good convo... good dude...

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#284809 - 05/03/12 09:22 PM

I'd like to share a cool story like you do, but the truth is all I was looking for was a mame.net forum alternative after it closed down.

retrogames.net was technically dead and emulatronia.com (the site that introduced me to NES emulation in 1997) has not useful/active forums. Being an op at a dead emuchina IRC channel was not any good either. It was fun kicking kiddies asking for KOF2003 ROMs back then.

KiniKo, fataku, speechless and everyone who shared my interests on IRC, I'll remember them forever.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: snake78]
#284811 - 05/03/12 09:34 PM

wow... yeh, i remember those not being very... sane times in those years. lmao

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Send PM

hence the renaming of the board <nt> new [Re: jopezu]
#284812 - 05/03/12 09:42 PM

from Off Topic, to just fucking Loony

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

#284816 - 05/03/12 10:12 PM

> How did we all get to Mameworld?

I discovered* emulation while reading about (taking a nostalgia trip) one of my favorite NES games, Rygar. Was lead to NESTen and some rom site, overjoyed that you could actually play old games on your PC. I think I found MAME when trying to find a way to play Taito's Superman. Game kind of sucks honestly, but I sank a lot of quarters into it back in the late 80s early 90s.

*I remember hearing about N64 emulation long before (probably UltraHLE) but, not knowing any better at the time, all I could think about was, "how do you plug the cartridge into your computer?" Earlier still, I remember seeing Bleem! for sale at Best Buy.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

#284822 - 05/03/12 11:23 PM

I first discovered emulation by finding out about NESticle. I never was able to have a NES of my own growing up so I was always playing on my friends consoles. I was ecstatic that I could play the NES games on my PC that I always wanted to own.

While talking with a co-worker about emulation, he gave me a 5 DVD set of MAME roms. I was so excited. I had spent so much of my youth in arcades I was overjoyed to be able to play classic arcade games on my PC.

It had always been a dream of mine as a child to have my own arcade machine, and through learning more about MAME I discovered people were building their own game cabs, and through the use of front ends they were able to tie in other emulators as well. I was hooked.

I wanted to build my own controller, but after buying a few pieces to get started I thought it was too daunting so I bought a HotRod SE controller.

When I decided to pick up the project again, between BYOAC and the Ultimarc, MameWah, and Mame boards here at MW I was able to build up my cabinet and quite an impressive emulation collection.

I pretty much only post at the Bin anymore since the cab has been working I haven't had a need to post anywhere else really.

I didn't ever spend much time at the Mame.net boards, since all my questions were answered at MW.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: RocLobsta]
#284825 - 05/04/12 12:50 AM

> Erm, well it was 1999 and I co-founded MW with KC and Zan (wonder where he went)
>
> So I guess I found it first..

Yeah, but how did that idea come about??

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

@jop - just didn't wanna interrupt the flow.... new [Re: snake78]
#284826 - 05/04/12 12:51 AM

Dude, that was a great rendition.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#284828 - 05/04/12 02:04 AM

I never built a garage. You must have been hallucinating.

> 1998-1999: looking for nes shit online. found nesticle and discovered emulation.
> researched various platforms, etc.
>
> 2000: begin mass rom downloads. discovered mame/mameworld. make mame gifs.
>
> 2001: work with KC learning gif making. get slaughtered by KC and his boys on quake3.
> mame chat with smitdogg; making sure people's networking gear is set to transparency
> mode.
>
> 2002-2003: argue with fazeo about xbox and nintendo. elgondolero kidnapped. post
> drunken videos and pictures while fat. flirt with people on the board under female
> pseudonyms. onyx gets fired for using work SANs to store emulation files and roms. KC
> goes missing - panic.
>
> 2004-2007: act like a complete asshole on mame.net to get banned (ask twisty to
> unban). fazeo departs. troll current affairs board. new batch. switched to new
> website/board. karasu, greg and mr. do meet somewhere out west and take pictures that
> become immortalized. sez titty pic. kitzel goes missing. italie garage posts.
>
> 2008-2009: make sure none andrew's posts/replies are unread. angela leaves. snake
> puts music on youtube. orc found dead in flat. "welcome to the shithole, featuring
> italie". italie flood/garage posts.
>
> 2010: pi enters rehab. mameworld keeps going down. people get worried. regulars
> befriend on facebook. orc back to life. italie flood/garage posts.
>
> 2011-present: politics/religion trolling. twisty finds snatch and leaves the scene.
> threads about the old days. gemini is still trying to get laid. sune posting weird
> fucking pictures of tribal rituals and musicks. italie flood/garage posts.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: mogli]
#284829 - 05/04/12 02:06 AM

My buddy and I discovered nesticle one day,after getting my new HP 633mhz celeron w\2X cd writer! anyways after picking my jaw up off the ground after being able to play Trojan (an all time favorite over here)

I remember building my rom collection one rom @ a time,no torrents then,on a 56k modem.I then somehow stumbled upon the legendary MAME.DK site,and since then ive never looked back.From nesticle to MAME32 to the present it has been quite a ride,from building my collection one rom @ a time to now where I have over 50 systems in my Hyperspin setup

I love emulation\preservation and always will.I get ecstatic when I think of what is coming in terms of emulation.

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: mesk]
#284831 - 05/04/12 02:21 AM

> I remember building my rom collection one rom @ a time,no torrents then,on a 56k
> modem.

Heh, I remember those days. Browsing roms sites now long defunct, irc...wherever I could find them.

Brad
Aussie D1ckhead
Loc: Australia
Send PM

#284836 - 05/04/12 03:10 AM

From memory it was an exodus from Arcade@Home, Daves Vintage Gaming and Retrogames particularly with the whole Lev thing

Brad

greybeard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/10
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: Brad]
#284838 - 05/04/12 03:15 AM

I miss Daves Vintage Gaming.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: greybeard]
#284845 - 05/04/12 04:06 AM

> Nice shirt!

Thanks. I ended up donating it to a needy child.

Wow, that dude in the pic has like 12 lbs of muscle on me. I'm sure I can outrun him, though.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: mesk]
#284847 - 05/04/12 04:18 AM

> My buddy and I discovered nesticle one day,after getting my new HP 633mhz celeron
> w\2X cd writer! anyways after picking my jaw up off the ground after being able to
> play Trojan (an all time favorite over here)

It's kind of amazing how NES emulation and Nesticle in particular was just about everyone's gateway drug.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

#284849 - 05/04/12 04:20 AM

> How did we all get to Mameworld? I found mame from a tron web site way back in 97. It
> had a link to a site called arcade at home. Yes kids 97. Mame was cool and you could
> home...... and mame dot net shutting down and you peeps have got my sorry ass since.
>
> .

Probably discovered MAME via an Altavista or HotBot search in late '98 or early '99. Heh, Altavista.

Hung out/lurked on JoseQ's EmuViews, RG, MAME.net for a long period, and somewhere along the way picked up a HotRod SE. Was probably around the time I scored the hotrod that I found MW. Original reg date was in late '01. Have mostly lurked ever since.

Breetai
Send PM

Holly crap I forgot about JoseQ's!!!!!! <NT> new [Re: jeremymtc]
#284853 - 05/04/12 04:35 AM

> > How did we all get to Mameworld? I found mame from a tron web site way back in 97.
> It
> > had a link to a site called arcade at home. Yes kids 97. Mame was cool and you
> could
> > download all those rfiles at once. Lots of boring stuff in between arcade at
> > home...... and mame dot net shutting down and you peeps have got my sorry ass
> since.
> >
> > .
>
>
> Probably discovered MAME via an Altavista or HotBot search in late '98 or early '99.
> Heh, Altavista.
>
> Hung out/lurked on JoseQ's EmuViews, RG, MAME.net for a long period, and somewhere
> along the way picked up a HotRod SE. Was probably around the time I scored the hotrod
> that I found MW. Original reg date was in late '01. Have mostly lurked ever since.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: italie]
#284861 - 05/04/12 05:30 AM

> I never built a garage. You must have been hallucinating.

And I never left. Poor boy is obviously on drugs.

Bekki Doll
A cynical yet secular shiny retrogamer, thread ressurector and fan of the word "gay".
Send PM

#284868 - 05/04/12 07:53 AM

Quote:

It's kind of amazing how NES emulation and Nesticle in particular was just about everyone's gateway drug.

Oh man! Nesticle and Stella was what hooked me in 1999. I was such a diehard compufreak back then I refused to upgrade my desktop from Windows 3.11. Trumpet Winsock and Netscape Communicator 4.x handled my browsing needs just fine. :-)

DOS was made for gaming. And Stella and Nesticle shined upon it.

But I knew of emulators prior to that. Barring terminal emulation software, my first emulator experience happened in my BBS days around '91 or '92 when I discovered an emulator for the Timex Sinclair. I didn't know much on how to use it but it was one of those things that reached out to those days at Kmart when I checked out a tiny little Timex Sinclair as a kid.

--Bekki

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

#284890 - 05/04/12 03:54 PM

> Thanks. I ended up donating it to a needy child.

and i actually wore it a few times. i would have worn it more, but it was already a little used.

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: aavada]
#284915 - 05/04/12 06:41 PM

> > I never built a garage. You must have been hallucinating.
>
> And I never left. Poor boy is obviously on drugs.

I agree, what's that about me on rehab?

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

I'll raise you http://www.mame.dk/<NT> new [Re: Breetai]
#284991 - 05/05/12 03:24 AM

> > > How did we all get to Mameworld? I found mame from a tron web site way back in
> 97.
> > It
> > > had a link to a site called arcade at home. Yes kids 97. Mame was cool and you
> > could
> > > download all those rfiles at once. Lots of boring stuff in between arcade at
> > > home...... and mame dot net shutting down and you peeps have got my sorry ass
> > since.
> > >
> > > .
> >
> >
> > Probably discovered MAME via an Altavista or HotBot search in late '98 or early
> '99.
> > Heh, Altavista.
> >
> > Hung out/lurked on JoseQ's EmuViews, RG, MAME.net for a long period, and somewhere
> > along the way picked up a HotRod SE. Was probably around the time I scored the
> hotrod
> > that I found MW. Original reg date was in late '01. Have mostly lurked ever since.

Edited by jeremymtc (05/05/12 03:38 AM)

Breetai
Send PM

Yeah that was a good site for those rfiles!!!! new [Re: jeremymtc]
#285000 - 05/05/12 05:35 AM

I liked that one. Just got a broadband connection back then. Was it capcom that caused it to close?

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#285007 - 05/05/12 06:46 AM

You all have pretty good memories. I can't remember what game brought me to MAME but seems I've been watching it's progress for over a decade. Posted on mame.net and retrogames using the name Randolph for a while but slowly gravitated over to the mameworld forums using my real first name. Posted infrequently and went virtually unnoticed until one day changed my avatar to a pic of Erica Campbell. Caused quite a stir at the time and began sharing some of my favorite pics of her and others until it became a habit.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: Andrew]
#285009 - 05/05/12 06:57 AM

> You all have pretty good memories. I can't remember what game brought me to MAME but
> seems I've been watching it's progress for over a decade. Posted on mame.net and
> retrogames using the name Randolph for a while but slowly gravitated over to the
> mameworld forums using my real first name. Posted infrequently and went virtually
> unnoticed until one day changed my avatar to a pic of Erica Campbell. Caused quite a
> stir at the time and began sharing some of my favorite pics of her and others until
> it became a habit.

Is she back? I thought she went full kirk cameron.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

#285011 - 05/05/12 07:15 AM

Quote:

But that was '83. The Colecovision port (which it looks like the PC/MAC version was somewhat ripped of off) fuckin smoked it.
What's hilarious is those games were licensed by Atari. Weird.

Ah, yes: AtariSoft. :-) They were branching out to any home computer at the time until the Video Game Crash of '83.

I did like their PC CGA conversions of Robotron:2084 and Dig Dug. The irony is that IBM created a decent version of Centipede for the PC.

--Bekki

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: italie]
#285012 - 05/05/12 07:17 AM

> Is she back? I thought she went full kirk cameron

No. She's gonna be 31 on the 12th. Been four years since she quit...I wonder what she's up to.

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Send PM

#285149 - 05/06/12 12:44 PM Attachment: ghost.png 27 KB (0 downloads)

> 2011-present: politics/religion trolling. twisty finds snatch and leaves the scene.
> threads about the old days. gemini is still trying to get laid. sune posting weird
> fucking pictures of tribal rituals and musicks. italie flood/garage posts.

The ghost of twisty then reappears to scare all the kids *grin*

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#285150 - 05/06/12 01:16 PM

recently *upgraded* my HotrodSE with an x-arcade kit
never used the darn thing much because of having to tether a keyboard to it.

Now I wish that the xarcade kit had the sense to realise how many buttons the Hotrod SE actually had and sent 3 more with the kit; I now need a button for the mode selector (I currently tap the wires together to switch modes) and have wires inside for a button on each player's side, with no button to attach to

Or they could have at least mentioned that fact on the info page of the kit.

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

#285152 - 05/06/12 01:24 PM

>
> .

I found out about emulation back in mid to late 1997. A friend and I were looking for an old game "Rip Off" and came across the Cinematronics emulator. After this I kept looking for more games and eventually found Atmospherical Heights, Dave's Video Game Classics, JoseQ's Emu Views, mame.dk, Retrogames, MonroeWorld and even that Tim Eckel A@H website plus a lot of others throughout the years.

But I mostly was a lurker until I entered a contest here for an X-Arcade and won. Been around as a non lurker ever since.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

I thought re-arranging the furniture was supposed to keep ghosts away? >Nt> new [Re: twisty]
#285158 - 05/06/12 02:23 PM

> > 2011-present: politics/religion trolling. twisty finds snatch and leaves the scene.
> > threads about the old days. gemini is still trying to get laid. sune posting weird
> > fucking pictures of tribal rituals and musicks. italie flood/garage posts.
>
> The ghost of twisty then reappears to scare all the kids *grin*

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

you have to throw salt down afterwards new [Re: italie]
#285161 - 05/06/12 02:37 PM

also play some bassy music on repeat while you're away at work.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: you have to throw salt down afterwards new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#285173 - 05/06/12 04:46 PM

> also play some bassy music on repeat while you're away at work.

That won't work for Twisty. The vibrations of the bass make him a bit randy.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: URherenow]
#285222 - 05/07/12 12:12 AM

> recently *upgraded* my HotrodSE with an x-arcade kit
> never used the darn thing much because of having to tether a keyboard to it.
>
> Now I wish that the xarcade kit had the sense to realise how many buttons the Hotrod
> SE actually had and sent 3 more with the kit; I now need a button for the mode
> selector (I currently tap the wires together to switch modes) and have wires inside
> for a button on each player's side, with no button to attach to
>
> Or they could have at least mentioned that fact on the info page of the kit.

You should've upgraded your Hot Rod with a modern controller.

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

What it IS, bro!! new [Re: twisty]
#285225 - 05/07/12 12:13 AM

I was just thinking about you last night. My prescience continues to delight me.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: Yeah that was a good site for those rfiles!!!! new [Re: Breetai]
#285330 - 05/07/12 04:21 PM

Yeah, it had something to do with the Aliens Vs. Predator CPS2 rom IIRC.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#285339 - 05/07/12 04:39 PM

Wish I could reply to a post, but in a new thread so I don't hijack... but

what do you mean modern controller? Like a gamepad or something? I love my x-arcade upgraded hotrod since it's USB, can be programmed to simulate various keyboard keys, and works with modern consoles (provided you could be bothered to buy the adapters for it).

There are plenty of games that simply don't play the same without an arcade controller. Hell even console games. The unicycle stage of BattleToads on the NES... I have NEVER been able to pass it using a game pad. Even back then I could only get passed it using a NES Advantage controller :P

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How did we all get (HERE) new [Re: URherenow]
#285444 - 05/07/12 11:28 PM

I meant something from Ultimarc, GGG, or Paradise Arcade. Maybe even Vigo's ZD thing.

Bekki Doll
Send PM

Re: Full-frontal NES Advantage action! new [Re: URherenow]
#285515 - 05/08/12 07:11 AM

Quote:

Even back then I could only get passed it using a NES Advantage controller :P

Oh boy! I *LOVE* my NES Advantage! I have a NES to USB cable for it and it is simply marvelous! :-)

And what's awesome was that I got the Advantage brand new from Amazon. It was as if that brand new controller in the original packaging was just sitting in a stockroom or warehouse somewhere. Neither a refurb nor a modern remake: The real deal sealed within just there stranded in time just waiting to be discovered.

I opened the package, removed the styrofoam and unwrapped the Advantage from its sealed bag within. Ahh, the intoxicating aroma of freshly-molded plastic circa 1987! Mmmmmmmm...I don't know how many experienced that. Literally factory fresh hardware from long ago. I never got off on anything like that before.

I just had to use it with FCEUX! And it performed as if it was on a real NES! It was so good I just had to fire up my NES console downstairs and it was as if I was 15 again. Only this time I had the Advantage! :-)

If I ever find another Advantage I'm going to get another so I have a pair for some 2-player action.

And it kicks ass with MAME! :-) :-) :-)

--Bekki

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Full-frontal NES Advantage action! new [Re: Bekki Doll]
#285605 - 05/08/12 10:41 PM Attachment: 2011-10-21 18.53.44.jpg 97 KB (3 downloads)

> And it kicks ass with MAME! :-) :-) :-)
>
> --Bekki

Mm-hmm...

(You'll have to excuse the un-bottled arcade multisync, as I haven't found the right conditions to build a desirably-shaped container.)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

RocLobstaAdministrator
Lazy ass admin
Loc: SW UK
Send PM

Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: Breetai]
#388471 - 11/06/20 10:19 PM

why the hell not...

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

kastellorizo is back, jop is back, Roc is back... the fuck is going on *nt* new [Re: RocLobsta]
#388481 - 11/07/20 02:17 PM

> why the hell not...

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: kastellorizo is back, jop is back, Roc is back... the fuck is going on *nt* new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#388486 - 11/07/20 10:16 PM

Pete/kazzy 's brief return visit is for his wanted wishlist of Sega Borderline analog audio emulation finally happening and maybe Pete is checking around to see if he accidentally left any Minisuka Police memorabilia behind.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: RocLobsta]
#388487 - 11/07/20 10:20 PM

>why the hell not...

Hooray. The infamous UK MAME meet photo with Orc would be a sight. That one always cracked me up.

I still plan on celebrating the second return of MW (20th anniversary) sometime in January 2021. Probably wait till the 4th weekend.

Let there be Round Table brand pizza.

https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/userfiles/298852-100_0901.jpg

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Fazeo or GTFO... _nt_ new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#388491 - 11/08/20 01:59 AM

> > why the hell not...

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Fazeo and his Hush Puppy shoes vacation photo *edit* new [Re: aavada]
#388494 - 11/08/20 07:41 AM

LOL. Fazeo took that vacation photo down just as fast like what djrosen / sinner did with his own topless photo back in 2001. Fazeo knew Smit was probably going to grab Fazeo's vacation photo and was going to use Photoshop to edit the hell out of Fazeo's vacation photo and turn photo into some funny photo image. :-)

Fazeo is probably hanging out with bummed out Boston sports fans bar knowing Patriots season is almost over.

Edited by gregf (11/10/20 12:44 AM)

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

dude... new [Re: gregf]
#388523 - 11/09/20 08:57 PM

>> took that vacation photo down just as fast like what djsinner did with his own topless photo back in 2001

i think his name at the time was djrosen. and watching smitdogg make comment after comment about how ugly the guy in the photo was (not knowing it was a selfie) was like being bound to an office chair and watching a fire slowly spread.

i don't know that i've ever laughed harder.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: Fazeo or GTFO... _nt_ new [Re: aavada]
#388524 - 11/09/20 09:04 PM

i still to this day cannot believe his resolve in fully leaving. he's GOT to have lurked a bit here.

faz, if you're reading this, go fuck yourself. #xboxsux

Shifty (UCE)
Lurker
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#388526 - 11/09/20 11:38 PM

Discovered MAME around 1997 I think. Joined MAME Testers to help out. Got too enthusiastic and got given MAME Testers to run.

Think I might've been an admin of these boards at some point but didn't frequent the Loony Bin, occasionally lurked -- much like today.

Good to see some familiar names from many years ago still don't have a life, makes me feel better about not having one

Wishing you all well, see you again in 20 years.

Cheers

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: dude... new [Re: jopezu]
#388527 - 11/10/20 12:06 AM

>> took that vacation photo down just as fast like what djrosen / sinner did with his own
>topless photo back in 2001

Thanks with reminder, iirc djrosen went with name sinner sometime later? That's what I recall. The reason I remember the 'sinner' name was because Atari Stunt Cycle was on his wishlist of being emulated in MAME. That part I remember since I also want to see that eventually fully working in MAME as well.

>i think his name at the time was djrosen. and watching smitdogg make comment after comment
> about how ugly the guy in the photo was (not knowing it was a selfie) was like being bound
>to an office chair and watching a fire slowly spread. i don't know that i've ever laughed
>harder.

That thread was great. The other photo that comes to mind from that thread was when Fever uploaded his photo and Smit called Fever "Snow white" from then on or simply "snow". lol

That thread was around same time I was visiting a family member in Colorado for a couple weeks and I also drove to Colorado Springs 'Cave of the Winds' tourist attraction to make audio cassette recordings when playing Kee Games Sprint 2 before Cave of the Winds opened to the public. I mailed tape cassette to Smit a couple weeks later and Smit processed tape recordings to create the Sprint 2.wav file recordings. The audio sounds were used as reference by Derrick Renaud to emulate the analog audio sounds of Sprint 2 in MAME by around 2004.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: Shifty (UCE)]
#388528 - 11/10/20 12:29 AM

* Whoah. Surprised and then some.*

>Joined MAME Testers to help out. Got too enthusiastic and got given MAME Testers to run.

I remembered the old MAMETesters site before the plug was pulled. I was visiting Levs other sites such as Gridle's old MAME.net, JoseQ's Emuviews, RetroGames etc.

>Think I might've been an admin of these boards at some point but didn't frequent the
>Loony Bin, occasionally lurked -- much like today.

I didn't visit the first version of MAMEWorld, but briefly visited when the second MW was starting out in early 2001. It was you, KC, Roc, TheDog and another person posting when there was only one forum section at the time in early 2001. KC and Roc were posting insults or mud slinging at each other for entertainment when things were just getting started. I was probably on other forums more often until revisiting MW in summer 2001 and saw a lot more names including Smit, Twisty, Fazeo, jop, Mr.Do, ArcadED, Karasu, Fever, Onyx, Pi, DJ, and many others that came along within 2001 year.

I remembered I had asked you about some game that I was trying to remember back in 2001 on old MAME.net forum. iirc your guess eventually led me to remember that it was PSE's game called Desert Patrol. I am sure I said thanks back at the time. Seems just like that was only 5 years ago.

Desert Patrol is partly emulated in MAME for now. Being a non-cpu videogame, lots more netlist work ahead before it gets eventually running in MAME.

>Good to see some familiar names from many years ago still don't have a life, makes me
>feel better about not having one

These days, it seems time spent on visiting the latest round of updates going online into MAME source as they go through being verified. Watching paint dry in some way, but in a good way knowing that something might be playable eventually.

>Wishing you all well, see you again in 20 years.

An anniversary toast [20 years] come January of next year....although may get sidetracked with NFL Pitt Steelers doing in playoffs at same time.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Fazeo or GTFO... _nt_ new [Re: jopezu]
#388529 - 11/10/20 07:02 AM

> i still to this day cannot believe his resolve in fully leaving. he's GOT to have
> lurked a bit here.
>
> faz, if you're reading this, go fuck yourself. #xboxsux

Faze-O is trash.

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: Shifty (UCE)]
#388531 - 11/11/20 08:46 AM

> Discovered MAME around 1997 I think. Joined MAME Testers to help out. Got too
> enthusiastic and got given MAME Testers to run.
>
> Think I might've been an admin of these boards at some point but didn't frequent the
> Loony Bin, occasionally lurked -- much like today.
>
> Good to see some familiar names from many years ago still don't have a life, makes me
> feel better about not having one
>
> Wishing you all well, see you again in 20 years.
>
> Cheers

holy shit, is this actually your first post in 17 years?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: Rotwang]
#388535 - 11/11/20 09:05 PM

> > Discovered MAME around 1997 I think. Joined MAME Testers to help out. Got too
> > enthusiastic and got given MAME Testers to run.
> >
> > Think I might've been an admin of these boards at some point but didn't frequent
> the
> > Loony Bin, occasionally lurked -- much like today.
> >
> > Good to see some familiar names from many years ago still don't have a life, makes
> me
> > feel better about not having one
> >
> > Wishing you all well, see you again in 20 years.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> holy shit, is this actually your first post in 17 years?

Maybe, but a lot of posts have been unfortunately purged (not by me) when the website was hosted on a server with a lot less storage space.

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: Stiletto]
#388555 - 11/12/20 08:27 AM

>>is this actually your first post in 17 years?

>Maybe, but a lot of posts have been unfortunately purged (not by me) when the website was
>hosted on a server with a lot less storage space.

Roc would know the answer, but it is correct that MW had changed hosts either two or three times. As my post mentions, Roc, KC, and Shifty were joking around with each other back in very early days as the second site of MW was in process of being built up once again and the forum was online. I believe it was only one forum running in early, initial days of MW. I visited/lurked for a day or two at the time (January or maybe it was February 2001).

cricri_pingouin
Reged: 10/17/03
Send PM

#388609 - 11/16/20 05:38 PM

> why the hell not...

I was in the computer room at uni back in 1997 I think and saw someone playing Ghosts 'n Goblins, and he told me he was using this thing called MAME to play a dump of the ROM.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: cricri_pingouin]
#388611 - 11/16/20 06:09 PM

> > why the hell not...
>
> I was in the computer room at uni back in 1997 I think and saw someone playing Ghosts
> 'n Goblins, and he told me he was using this thing called MAME to play a dump of the
> ROM.

Story checks out. The first version of MAME to be released with Ghosts 'n Goblins support was 0.22, albeit with no music support, and came out in May 1997.

cricri_pingouin
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#388623 - 11/16/20 10:41 PM

> > > why the hell not...
> >
> > I was in the computer room at uni back in 1997 I think and saw someone playing
> Ghosts
> > 'n Goblins, and he told me he was using this thing called MAME to play a dump of
> the
> > ROM.
>
> Story checks out. The first version of MAME to be released with Ghosts 'n Goblins
> support was 0.22, albeit with no music support, and came out in May 1997.

It does add up, I arrived in the UK end of April 1997, and this was before the end of the academic year, so before end of June.
So v0.22 must have been the first version of MAME I've ever seen.
Having had a Snes in the early 90s, and I probably had my Cyrix 150MHz back then, I was probably more into Nesticle, Genecyst and Zsnes myself at the time, so not sure what my first MAME ROMset would have been. It must have been around v0.36 as I don't recall ever having gambling games in my set.
With MAMEWorld forum being migrated at some point, I've got no idea when I originally joined.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: cricri_pingouin]
#388626 - 11/16/20 10:48 PM Attachment: cricri.png 27 KB (0 downloads)

> > > > why the hell not...
> > >
> > > I was in the computer room at uni back in 1997 I think and saw someone playing
> > Ghosts
> > > 'n Goblins, and he told me he was using this thing called MAME to play a dump of
> > the
> > > ROM.
> >
> > Story checks out. The first version of MAME to be released with Ghosts 'n Goblins
> > support was 0.22, albeit with no music support, and came out in May 1997.
>
> It does add up, I arrived in the UK end of April 1997, and this was before the end of
> the academic year, so before end of June.
> So v0.22 must have been the first version of MAME I've ever seen.
> Having had a Snes in the early 90s, and I probably had my Cyrix 150MHz back then, I
> was probably more into Nesticle, Genecyst and Zsnes myself at the time, so not sure
> what my first MAME ROMset would have been. It must have been around v0.36 as I don't
> recall ever having gambling games in my set.

> With MAMEWorld forum being migrated at some point, I've got no idea when I originally
> joined.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

cricri_pingouin
Send PM

Re: Let's bring back this 8 year old thread new [Re: Mr. Do]
#388628 - 11/16/20 10:57 PM

> > > > > why the hell not...
> > > >
> > > > I was in the computer room at uni back in 1997 I think and saw someone playing
> > > Ghosts
> > > > 'n Goblins, and he told me he was using this thing called MAME to play a dump
> of
> > > the
> > > > ROM.
> > >
> > > Story checks out. The first version of MAME to be released with Ghosts 'n Goblins
> > > support was 0.22, albeit with no music support, and came out in May 1997.
> >
> > It does add up, I arrived in the UK end of April 1997, and this was before the end
> of
> > the academic year, so before end of June.
> > So v0.22 must have been the first version of MAME I've ever seen.
> > Having had a Snes in the early 90s, and I probably had my Cyrix 150MHz back then, I
> > was probably more into Nesticle, Genecyst and Zsnes myself at the time, so not sure
> > what my first MAME ROMset would have been. It must have been around v0.36 as I
> don't
> > recall ever having gambling games in my set.
>
>
> > With MAMEWorld forum being migrated at some point, I've got no idea when I
> originally
> > joined.

Thanks MrDo, now I remember clearly, it was at 9.22am

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#388939 - 12/06/20 09:44 AM

Continuing the trend of necro'ing this old thread .... started my software and emulation web site on 28-Jul-1996 (Moose's Software and Emulation Valley), and it was only a matter of time before I found MAMEWorld (which did it far better than I could). Iirc, was active on the old MAME Forums and only created a MAMEWorld account when they closed ??

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 91 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 9070