MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/09/11
Send PM

Question on monitors and power.
#289735 - 06/18/12 01:21 AM

Alright so awhile back I think I had briefly mentioned the fact that I was working on my first ever MAME cabinet.

At some point I was looking for a monitor or TV set to fit inside the cabinet. After I got a new monitor for my computer, I discovered the old 15" CRT monitor was a perfect fit, if a bit small. But I figured until I wanted to spend more money, that it'd be alright until later.

Right now, I don't have any wiring done on the inside of the cabinet, so the laptop running the software and the monitor, their cables are just running out of the back, plugged in to an outlet.

At some point I am going to be wiring an in cabinet outlet, attached to a heavy duty switch and plug. I noticed that even if I leave the monitor on, after it looses power, when power is restored, you still have to press the power button, it doesn't just turn on, on it's own.

At some point I want the cabinet to be set up in such a way that if you turn it on, everything kicks on and if you turn it off, everything shuts off, without having to open up the cabinet to turn on the monitor or the laptop.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this?

On a side note, this is what the current cabinet looks like, I still need to order the controls.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Question on monitors and power. new [Re: Kuehnau]
#289755 - 06/18/12 06:04 AM

I've never had one that does that. You might be better off with a crt tv that maximizes your available space better and that has a remote. You could try just moving it into sleep mode when you're done instead of shutting it down and see if when it wakes, the monitor comes back up.

Kuehnau
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/09/11
Send PM

Re: Question on monitors and power. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#289813 - 06/19/12 02:42 AM

Alright so, after looking at it, I just assume it's a rather old PC monitor.

I had been thinking about using a TV for awhile since I'd really like the scan lines, but alas, I have yet to find a TV in my area that has a s-video extension on it.

I ended up swapping out the old monitor for a 19" flat panel monitor, not only is the larger monitor nicer, but it will turn on and off when power is supplied.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2567