MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here?
#343690 - 08/08/15 07:13 PM

I've not seen it yet, too busy atm (and that's 'too busy At The Moment', 'not too busy Ass To Mouth', just to be clear).

But I've heard some positive rumblings from friends.

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: GatKong]
#343691 - 08/08/15 07:54 PM

i was interested in this movie until i saw it had adam sandler and kevin james starring, at which point i knew it was going to be a stupid pile of phoned-in shit from every conceivable aspect. i would literally rather smash my own legs into hamburger with a fucking hammer than have to sit through this movie.

i learned everything i know from KC

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#343693 - 08/08/15 07:57 PM Attachment: tumblr_nn3dydnMF01qij4o1o1_1280.jpg 464 KB (1 downloads)

> But I've heard some positive rumblings from friends

Anything would be better than Fantastic Four. What a waste of $9.25. The critics got it right this time.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: jopezu]
#343694 - 08/08/15 08:26 PM

I will probably catch it on netflix or something

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#343695 - 08/08/15 08:44 PM

> I've not seen it yet, too busy atm (and that's 'too busy At The Moment', 'not too
> busy Ass To Mouth', just to be clear).
>
> But I've heard some positive rumblings from friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=296&v=BFD2293oGvA

that's fairly accurate.

If Wreck It Ralph is the Royal throne of 'retro' themed movies then Pixels is something along the lines of a festival portaloo.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#343711 - 08/09/15 01:51 AM

> I've not seen it yet, too busy atm (and that's 'too busy At The Moment', 'not too
>

Moogly?

Oh, wait... the movie...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: URherenow]
#343712 - 08/09/15 02:01 AM

> Moogly?
>
> Oh, wait... the movie...

Go to hell you fucking jackass, I'm sick and tired of you people not being able to shut the fuck up about "dem gays". I hope you get aggressive brain cancer and die a painful death filled with suffering while your shitty family watches on. I hope your fucking wife or girlfriend gets raped. I hope your children get fucking raped and die of AIDS. Fuck you. You deserve to have your goddamn hands cut off, you worthless sack of shit.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#343713 - 08/09/15 02:07 AM

Hit a nerve, huh? Now look who can't take a joke. There's the Moog we all know and hate.

Guess you overlooked the posts where I mentioned I have gay friends. The jokes go both ways. Calm down.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#343714 - 08/09/15 02:10 AM

> Hit a nerve, huh? Now look who can't take a joke. There's the Moog we all know and
> hate.
>
> Go suck a cock.

Go fuck a dog you hillbilly cunt. Nobody around here likes you either, you're an ignorant fuckstick and everything that you type is nothing but shit shat out of a retard's mind. I really do hope your family gets gang-raped. You're nothing more than a fucking bully.

URherenow
Send PM

#343716 - 08/09/15 02:21 AM

> > You're nothing more than
> a fucking bully.

Your best joke yet.

Falls along the whole "takes one to know one". You've pushed so many buttons around here, the fact that you exposed yours means it'll get pushed until you either lighten up or go kill yourself.

You won't be missed.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#343717 - 08/09/15 02:37 AM

> i was interested in this movie until i saw it had adam sandler and kevin james
> starring, at which point i knew it was going to be a stupid pile of phoned-in shit
> from every conceivable aspect. i would literally rather smash my own legs into
> hamburger with a fucking hammer than have to sit through this movie.

I still can't figure out what Peter Dinklage was doing in it. He's pretty hot from GoT right now, you'd think he could get whatever roles he wanted. Either they paid him a shitload of money or he needs to get a new agent.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

michael.gif ™[nt] new [Re: URherenow]
#343718 - 08/09/15 02:49 AM

LEVEL-4

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#343719 - 08/09/15 02:51 AM

> > > You're nothing more than
> > a fucking bully.
>
> Your best joke yet.
>
> Falls along the whole "takes one to know one". You've pushed so many buttons around
> here, the fact that you exposed yours means it'll get pushed until you either lighten
> up or go kill yourself.
>
> You won't be missed.

with all due respect, I think that's crossing a line, even for here.

Lord Nightmare
Speech Synth Berzerker
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: PA, USA
Send PM

#343720 - 08/09/15 03:02 AM

> Falls along the whole "takes one to know one". You've pushed so many buttons around
> here, the fact that you exposed yours means it'll get pushed until you either lighten
>
> You won't be missed.

Not cool.

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

URherenow
Send PM

Hold the F on.. new [Re: Haze]
#343721 - 08/09/15 03:10 AM

" I hope you get aggressive brain cancer and die a
painful death filled with suffering while your shitty family watches on. I hope your
fucking wife or girlfriend gets raped. I hope your children get fucking raped and die
of AIDS. Fuck you. You deserve to have your goddamn hands cut off, you worthless sack
of shit. "

" I really do hope your family gets gang-raped."

As compared to all of that shit? Riiiiight... I'm the no good lousy bully.

I poke fun at him. He brings in family, kids, and basically reduces himself to some shit that's lower than an Islamic extremist. And that's par for the course for him. He can dish it out, but can't take it.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#343722 - 08/09/15 03:10 AM

> > > You're nothing more than
> > a fucking bully.
>
> Your best joke yet.
>
>
> You won't be missed.

You're just bitter that in 21 years you haven't even made it past E7, don't take that out on me.

You're probably just obsessed with my gay-ness because the Navy is rife with us anyway. You don't have to be afraid anymore, Mike, DADT was lifted months ago. I bet you would love for me to suck a cock - yours - but unfortunately for you I don't go for the whole pedo-stache look you've got going on.

URherenow
Send PM

#343723 - 08/09/15 03:20 AM

> the Navy is rife with us
> anyway.

The one thing you've said that's true. But as I've already pointed out before, there's more in the Marines. And the majority of them (According to a friend in San Diego) are bottoms. You might like them. They fit right in with your personality, whereas the Navy ones I've known are generally the really fruity kind you see in comedies.

Lord Nightmare
Speech Synth Berzerker
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: PA, USA
Send PM

Re: Hold the F on.. new [Re: URherenow]
#343731 - 08/09/15 05:26 AM

> " I hope you get aggressive brain cancer and die a
> painful death filled with suffering while your shitty family watches on. I hope your
> fucking wife or girlfriend gets raped. I hope your children get fucking raped and
> die
> of AIDS. Fuck you. You deserve to have your goddamn hands cut off, you worthless
> sack
> of shit. "
>
> " I really do hope your family gets gang-raped."
>
> As compared to all of that shit? Riiiiight... I'm the no good lousy bully.
>
> I poke fun at him. He brings in family, kids, and basically reduces himself to some
> shit that's lower than an Islamic extremist. And that's par for the course for him.
> He can dish it out, but can't take it.

The specific issue which is crossing a line is suggesting someone commit suicide.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#343732 - 08/09/15 05:56 AM

Here's a great review from the guys at Red Letter Media...

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-pixels/

mike20599
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/14/08
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: Andrew]
#343734 - 08/09/15 06:05 AM

Any idea what her name is?

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#343742 - 08/09/15 12:28 PM

>> Moogly?
>>
>> Oh, wait... the movie...

>Go to hell you fucking jackass, I'm sick and tired of you people not being able to shut >the fuck up about "dem gays". I hope you get aggressive brain cancer and die a painful >death filled with suffering while your shitty family watches on. I hope your fucking wife >or girlfriend gets raped. I hope your children get fucking raped and die of AIDS. Fuck >you. You deserve to have your goddamn hands cut off, you worthless sack of shit.

Fucking touchy aren't you. Go die in a fire.

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

#343744 - 08/09/15 01:19 PM

> Hit a nerve, huh? Now look who can't take a joke. There's the Moog we all know and
> hate.
>
> Guess you overlooked the posts where I mentioned I have gay friends. The jokes go
> both ways. Calm down.

While Moogly should have taken the high road in response to a tasteless joke, are you seriously going to play the "I have lots of gay friends, so it's ok" card?

Why don't you tell us your favorite n*gger joke while you're at it.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: Allnatural]
#343746 - 08/09/15 03:51 PM

No, I'm playing the- this is the bin, where Smitdogg can rape your mother and tasteless jokes are the norm card.

If you think my tasteless joke is unacceptable and his threat of rape, AIDS and death to me AND MY FAMILY are ok, thus my further response was not justified in retort... then to hell with you too. I will not back down from shit like that.

And also... Have you seen how many "gay" threads and puns are in these forums? Don't even try to single me out. That's hypocritical bullshit and you know it. IIRC, that's not the first time your comeback was to mention the N word... Funny, you're the only person to always bring racism into anything.

Olivier Galibert
Semi-Lurker
Send PM

#343751 - 08/09/15 06:32 PM

Saw it, had a very good time. Even more interesting, the wife had a very good time too, and she's not a retro-video-games addict. It was stupid-fun, what a dream from a video game nerd of the eighties could look like.

OG.

Jdurgi
Regular
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

#343755 - 08/09/15 09:13 PM

> > the Navy is rife with us
> > anyway.
>
> The one thing you've said that's true. But as I've already pointed out before,
> there's more in the Marines. And the majority of them (According to a friend in San
> Diego) are bottoms. You might like them. They fit right in with your personality,
> whereas the Navy ones I've known are generally the really fruity kind you see in
> comedies.

who gives a shit how many homosexuals are in what branch of the military? It's like caring about more ethnic minorities are in one branch or another. I don't give a shit where folks stick their dicks. The folks in the military offer up their lives for complete strangers. Why should what they do in their bedrooms that don't involve you matter one fucking iota?

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: Jdurgi]
#343759 - 08/09/15 10:12 PM

> who gives a shit how many homosexuals are in what branch of the military? It's like
> caring about more ethnic minorities are in one branch or another. I don't give a shit
> where folks stick their dicks. The folks in the military offer up their lives for
> complete strangers. Why should what they do in their bedrooms that don't involve you
> matter one fucking iota?

It doesn't. Until idiots try to single out Navy for it. It's not a Navy thing. It's a culture thing. Any active duty or veteran will try to defend the honor of his/her service when spoken of in a bad or even remotely awkward light. Fact of life.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#343760 - 08/09/15 10:22 PM

>

I thought it was okay, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. The big problems were Adam Sandler never shutting the hell up, and Gad's character being unnecessarily creepy.

Sandler's problem is... being Sandler, you know? He says a joke, you laugh at it, then they make him say something incredibly stupid just to "keep" the laugh going but instead it takes all the funny out.

Gad's behavior is pretty creepy at various points. I know you're supposed to feel sorry for him but they took it way too far. Kevin James plays... a typical Kevin James character. Stupid, gets punched around a lot, you know the type. He's not that bad in this film.

But no, the worst part about this is Q-Bert. Poor, poor Q-Bert. They gave him a voice, they use him in a really poor joke, and he becomes the absolute worst part of the ending. I mean the real ending.

On the plus side Peter Dinklage sure had a hell of a lot of fun playing his character. He was by far the best part of the film. The action sequences, especially the driving bits, were well done. The CGI was okay until the very last fight where the main characters start moving like something out of a SyFy original movie.

TL;DR - It was a tolerable movie that could've been way way worse than what we got. All it needed was a bit of a rewrite to remove some of the Sandlerization and make Gad a bit less creepy. I don't think it was worth paying $10 to see it, but I paid about $2.50 in Mexico to watch it with a good friend (who's also a video game player, but he's more into the modern stuff) and we were entertained a bit.

Rent it or watch it in a matinee.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: DMala]
#343761 - 08/09/15 10:30 PM

> > i was interested in this movie until i saw it had adam sandler and kevin james
> > starring, at which point i knew it was going to be a stupid pile of phoned-in shit
> > from every conceivable aspect. i would literally rather smash my own legs into
> > hamburger with a fucking hammer than have to sit through this movie.
>
> I still can't figure out what Peter Dinklage was doing in it. He's pretty hot from
> GoT right now, you'd think he could get whatever roles he wanted. Either they paid
> him a shitload of money or he needs to get a new agent.

You kidding? He was the best part of the movie. And it's not like he hasn't been in some stinkers before.

URherenow
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: Foxhack]
#343763 - 08/09/15 11:16 PM

> Rent it or watch it in a matinee.

Netflix. The occasional good movie and actually several good series makes it worth while, and you never feel bad about trying movies like this because even if you don't like it, you don't feel as if you've wasted any money over it

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

#343766 - 08/10/15 01:28 AM

> No, I'm playing the- this is the bin, where Smitdogg can rape your mother and
> tasteless jokes are the norm card.
>
> If you think my tasteless joke is unacceptable and his threat of rape, AIDS and death
> to me AND MY FAMILY are ok, thus my further response was not justified in retort...
> then to hell with you too. I will not back down from shit like that.

Of course what Moogly said wasn't appropriate (justified or not), which I alluded to in my post, but it did start with you.

> And also... Have you seen how many "gay" threads and puns are in these forums? Don't
> even try to single me out. That's hypocritical bullshit and you know it. IIRC, that's
> not the first time your comeback was to mention the N word... Funny, you're the only
> person to always bring racism into anything.

Generalized ribbing is one thing, but pointing out an intrinsic trait in a particular person and saying "that's the joke" is the basest form of humor. Can't you do better than going for the low-hanging fruit?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#343807 - 08/10/15 09:56 PM

> > I've not seen it yet, too busy atm (and that's 'too busy At The Moment', 'not too
> > busy Ass To Mouth', just to be clear).
> >
> > But I've heard some positive rumblings from friends.
>
> Moogly?
>
> Oh, wait... the movie...

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#343808 - 08/10/15 10:05 PM

> i was interested in this movie until i saw it had adam sandler and kevin james
> starring, at which point i knew it was going to be a stupid pile of phoned-in shit
> from every conceivable aspect. i would literally rather smash my own legs into
> hamburger with a fucking hammer than have to sit through this movie.

After watching the trailer and deciding it looked like a steaming pile of poop, I decided I probably won't see it in the theatre.

I am interested in Spielberg's Ready Player One, though.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#343877 - 08/11/15 10:19 PM

> You kidding? He was the best part of the movie. And it's not like he hasn't been in
> some stinkers before.

That's what I'm saying, you'd think he'd have the clout now to be more choosy and avoid the stinkers. Then again, maybe he just doesn't care if the money's good. Michael Caine once said about Jaws: The Revenge, “I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific.”

kastellorizo
Tehkan World Cup, Seafood, and Minisuka Fanatic
Reged: 12/29/06
Loc: Octopia (just beside the fish and chips shop outside the Atlantis capital)
Send PM

#344049 - 08/15/15 08:59 AM

The reason there are no reviews of Pixel, is because here we always had, have, and will have, the... MAME Story...

http://www.powerstrike.net/Tehkan/mamestory.html

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: DMala]
#344055 - 08/15/15 02:55 PM

> > You kidding? He was the best part of the movie. And it's not like he hasn't been in
> > some stinkers before.
>
> That's what I'm saying, you'd think he'd have the clout now to be more choosy and
> avoid the stinkers. Then again, maybe he just doesn't care if the money's good.
> Michael Caine once said about Jaws: The Revenge, “I have never seen it, but by all
> accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is
> terrific.”

But he really doesn't care if a movie is a stinker. He performed his character exceptionally well and he obviously had fun playing the role. So who cares if it bombs (even though it didn't?) He's already super famous and being in a bad movie won't hurt him one bit.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

It have a very low rating by 17% and 55% like it. new [Re: GatKong]
#344065 - 08/15/15 08:48 PM

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pixels/

Some people said it that bad of a movie. I never saw it so I gonna wait until it on Netflix or Torrent.

Dullaron
Send PM

#344066 - 08/15/15 09:12 PM

> > > You kidding? He was the best part of the movie. And it's not like he hasn't been
> in
> > > some stinkers before.
> >
> > That's what I'm saying, you'd think he'd have the clout now to be more choosy and
> > avoid the stinkers. Then again, maybe he just doesn't care if the money's good.
> > Michael Caine once said about Jaws: The Revenge, “I have never seen it, but by all
> > accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is
> > terrific.”
>
> But he really doesn't care if a movie is a stinker. He performed his character
> exceptionally well and he obviously had fun playing the role. So who cares if it
> bombs (even though it didn't?) He's already super famous and being in a bad movie
> won't hurt him one bit.

He be like "Shut the fuck up Adam. I'm the star in your show now. Sit down dude."

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: kastellorizo]
#344067 - 08/15/15 09:46 PM

> The reason there are no reviews of Pixel, is because here we always had, have, and
> will have, the... MAME Story...
>
>
> http://www.powerstrike.net/Tehkan/mamestory.html

This is one of the greatest links ever posted on mameworld. You are awesome.

kastellorizo
Tehkan World Cup, Seafood, and Minisuka Fanatic
Reged: 12/29/06
Loc: Octopia (just beside the fish and chips shop outside the Atlantis capital)
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: Master O]
#344069 - 08/15/15 10:32 PM

> > The reason there are no reviews of Pixel, is because here we always had, have, and
> > will have, the... MAME Story...
> >
> >
> > http://www.powerstrike.net/Tehkan/mamestory.html
>
> This is one of the greatest links ever posted on mameworld. You are awesome.

Well, this was done many many years ago.

And around 2004, I was preparing the second sequel of this trilogy, the... MAME Epic.

But sadly, there was a disturbance in the MAME Universe and I only made half of it before abandoning it.

But who knows, it may be completed one day...

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

#344072 - 08/16/15 12:11 AM

Its got that idiot Adam Sandler in it (one of the least funny people ever to call themselves a "comedian"). That alone is a reason not to go see it.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: jonwil]
#344083 - 08/16/15 06:23 AM

> Its got that idiot Adam Sandler in it (one of the least funny people ever to call
> themselves a "comedian"). That alone is a reason not to go see it.

Everyone in it fail. Make me wonder what kind of drugs they are taking while making the movie.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: Really?!? No reviews of Pixel, the movie? Here? new [Re: jonwil]
#344298 - 08/22/15 11:54 PM

> Its got that idiot Adam Sandler in it (one of the least funny people ever to call
> themselves a "comedian").

I agree but seeing the video game characters come to life on the big screen IMO was worth it.

Kevin Eshbach

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

FWIW I finally saw it new [Re: GatKong]
#344302 - 08/23/15 04:27 AM

I liked it.

It wasn't legendary, or anything, but it was enjoyable.

And do you know why they toasted with Crystal Head Vodka?

That's Dan Akroid's brand.

And on that note, Dan is officially changing his name to Dan Asteroid. He'll be coming out in his new identity on the cover of Vanity Fare.

Pew pew.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Hmmmm...... new [Re: GatKong]
#344460 - 08/28/15 01:01 AM

I probly won't see it.....though the dream idea is legitimate.

@Dully: dude, Hollywood has become what every 80s geek boy wanted it to be, hence not just the interest but the funds to do things like Pixels. I'm mixed about it......

As for the corn holing......well......keep it enjoyable.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6664