View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

DIY MAME Lua projects
#351252 - 03/07/16 09:40 AM

As MAME now has Lua scripting capabilities, there are a lot of modifications you can make to MAME that require no compilation and can be shared externally without need to submit it to MAMEdev.

Here are a few example project ideas off the top of my head:

A highscore.dat script. If you want to get really crazy, you could have it upload/download scores to/from a website. You could run a whole service around sharing scores for tournament play or for casual play with friends, even. I've been told there's already a working script with basic score save/load on Github somewhere, but it's not crossplatform ready.

Display maps for games. This could be as small as a minimap overlay, or as big as a full screen map viewer.

Speedrunner tools: a master timer, checkpoint list, and time per checkpoint. Bonus points if you read game state and automatically update the checkpoints.

AI partner for two player games. Tired of playing Bubble Bobble alone? Write an AI! Bonus points if you can get it to teach itself as it goes.

On that note, I need to see if there's any way to possibly set up Lua with MAME to assign a whole monitor to be used for Lua display. That would allow for even more neat tricks, like displaying the game marquee.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Cananas
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/10/05
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: Firehawke]
#351258 - 03/07/16 03:52 PM

> I've been
> told there's already a working script with basic score save/load on Github somewhere,
> but it's not crossplatform ready.
>

Here it is: https://github.com/borgar/mame-hiscores

I do not test it although, so I don't know if it works.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: Cananas]
#351263 - 03/07/16 05:38 PM

> > I've been
> > told there's already a working script with basic score save/load on Github
> somewhere,
> > but it's not crossplatform ready.
> >
>
> Here it is: https://github.com/borgar/mame-hiscores
>
> I do not test it although, so I don't know if it works.

It does work on *IX versions of MAME (Linux/*BSD/Mac OS X), the paths need some adjustment for Windows.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: R. Belmont]
#351264 - 03/07/16 05:59 PM

Here's an all-platforms-friendly version by Carl which also fixes some games that didn't work previously:

https://github.com/cracyc/mame-hiscores

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: R. Belmont]
#351266 - 03/07/16 07:00 PM

> Here's an all-platforms-friendly version by Carl which also fixes some games that
> didn't work previously:
>
> https://github.com/cracyc/mame-hiscores

Very cool. Thanks Carl

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: B2K24]
#351270 - 03/07/16 08:41 PM

> > Here's an all-platforms-friendly version by Carl which also fixes some games that
> > didn't work previously:
> >
> > https://github.com/cracyc/mame-hiscores
>
> Very cool. Thanks Carl

Please note: his modified version of the history.dat provided shouldn't work with the old hiscore patch, whereas his Lua script won't work with all the old hiscore.dat but some of it. So it's a upgrade and replace both situation (add Lua script, replace hiscore.dat) AFAIK. Also, people's custom hiscore.dat files would need to convert their own entries in a similar manner if issues encountered. #masteroftheobvious

- Stiletto

Edited by Stiletto (03/07/16 09:41 PM)

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: Stiletto]
#351311 - 03/08/16 09:32 AM

WOW! This really works

For anyone reading this; autoboot is broken in 0.171 but it's fixed in GIT if you compile a fresh build.

You can also access your mame.ini and change these options.

Code:

autoboot_delay            0
autoboot_script hiscore.lua

This way it's automatically enabled without needing to pass the arguments -autoboot_delay 0 -autoboot_script hiscore.lua

upon closing MAME using sf2 as an example you get

Code:

J:\MAME\GIT>mame64 sf2
found hiscore.dat entry for sf2
scores read OK
Average speed: 100.00% (206 seconds)

I will be using this a lot!!

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#351312 - 03/08/16 10:41 AM

> Here's an all-platforms-friendly version by Carl which also fixes some games that
> didn't work previously:
>
> https://github.com/cracyc/mame-hiscores

Bookmarked. Thanks for the link.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: Dullaron]
#351347 - 03/09/16 05:35 AM

After some limited messing around I tested 2 games on the CPS1 driver (sf2 and captcomm) with these games if I ESC to close MAME and relaunch everything works as it should and high scores are saved. If I press F3 to soft reset while these games are running it appears the scores are dumped and lost. After which closing with ESC and relaunching does not retrieve what was previously saved.

So I tested the same thing with bublbobl (different driver)
and executing a F3 soft reset does not lose the scores.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#351439 - 03/10/16 10:10 PM Attachment: 2016-03-10_205840.jpg 148 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Nevermind....being looked at above. (nt) new [Re: B2K24]
#351451 - 03/11/16 08:21 AM

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Perhaps a dedicated thread to keep it live? (nt) new [Re: B2K24]
#351452 - 03/11/16 08:24 AM

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Nice. (nt) new [Re: Mamesick]
#351453 - 03/11/16 08:25 AM

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/23/16
Send PM

#351864 - 03/23/16 05:09 AM

Found this thread while trying to solve high score issues for my new 4-player cab using MAME 171. So far, I have had no luck using this GIT. I tried running the hiscore.lua from the command line modifier inside Maximus Arcade (my frontend), as well as creating and modifying a mame.ini file (which didn't exist before I tried to solve this problem. I had to run mame64 -cc to make one) per your instructions.

All attempts to run the lua result in a thin white border around the screen, which remains for a few seconds, then disappears and leaves a black screen. Nothing else happens. My frontend is still active, as I can exit out of MAME and get back into Maximus.

Thoughts?

B2K24
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: TheMadjai]
#351866 - 03/23/16 05:23 AM

I've never seen or used Maximus Arcade, so I can't really comment on that. You can however put the appropriate settings in your mame.ini and launch MAME without MA being involved. MAME has it's own internal frontend now.

What I can confirm is the latest files found here work with the 4 or 5 frontends I have here on this machine as well as running MAME from command line.

I haven't run into any issues since I reported some minor reset issue.

My guess would be it's some issue with MA. When is the last time it got a new version and is it still actively developed?

Okay, NM, I found the above answer after clicking forums which take me to BYOAC with many threads about problems.

Perhaps consider looking into GameEX if you need a look similar to what you're used to. There tons of community created themes that look just like their youtube video.

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

#351867 - 03/23/16 05:48 AM

/shrug.

This is literally the first issue I've had that I couldn't suss out on my own using Maximus. I tried running MAME with a known-working ROM outside of Maximus, got the same white border, but this time got a strange error:

FATALERROR: Fatal error: Can only call add_notifier at init time!
(../../../../../../src/emu/machine.cpp:753)

I'm not totally willing to blame my frontend yet.

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

#351868 - 03/23/16 06:17 AM

Also also, it may be my inexperience with GITHub, but I'm not entirely certain I pulled those files correctly. I copied and pasted the full text of each into notepad, and then saved with the correct filename and extension. Couldn't find a way to just download the file itself.

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#351869 - 03/23/16 06:23 AM

> Also also, it may be my inexperience with GITHub, but I'm not entirely certain I
> pulled those files correctly. I copied and pasted the full text of each into notepad,
> and then saved with the correct filename and extension. Couldn't find a way to just
> download the file itself.

I think you missed the link that said "Download ZIP"
https://github.com/cracyc/mame-hiscores/archive/master.zip

- Stiletto

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#351876 - 03/23/16 04:25 PM

> /shrug.
>
> This is literally the first issue I've had that I couldn't suss out on my own using
> Maximus. I tried running MAME with a known-working ROM outside of Maximus, got the
> same white border, but this time got a strange error:
>
> FATALERROR: Fatal error: Can only call add_notifier at init time!
> (../../../../../../src/emu/machine.cpp:753)

That's an error that went out in MAME 0.171; 0.170 or next week's 0.172 both will work properly.

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: Stiletto]
#351878 - 03/23/16 04:35 PM

> I think you missed the link that said "Download ZIP"
> https://github.com/cracyc/mame-hiscores/archive/master.zip
>
> - Stiletto

I did, in fact. Thanks.

I pulled those files, and they're the same as my copied-and-pasted ones. So, I officially can't get these to work with MAME 171 either through adding the -autoboot parameters to the frontend command line, or through creating and editing the mame.ini file.

Edited by TheMadjai (03/23/16 04:53 PM)

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

#351879 - 03/23/16 04:36 PM

This being my first experience with MAME, is patching up to 172 a relatively simple process, or do I have to re-download, re-install and re-configure?

B2K24
Send PM

#351884 - 03/23/16 05:59 PM

> This being my first experience with MAME, is patching up to 172 a relatively simple
> process, or do I have to re-download, re-install and re-configure?

Do you know how to compile MAME from a GIT pull?

After that's done it's just a matter of replacing relevant files, folders, and the binary.

bgfx
docs
hash
hlsl
plugins
shaders

If you're not familiar with the process just keep 0.171 in it's own folder and put what's compiled from GIT in it's own folder. Execute mame64 -cc to create a fresh mame.ini
After setting up a few additional things you'll be up and running.

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

#351886 - 03/23/16 06:05 PM

> > This being my first experience with MAME, is patching up to 172 a relatively simple
> > process, or do I have to re-download, re-install and re-configure?
>
> Do you know how to compile MAME from a GIT pull?

No.

>
> After that's done it's just a matter of replacing relevant files, folders, and the
> binary.
>
> bgfx
> docs
> hash
> hlsl
> plugins
> shaders
>
> If you're not familiar with the process just keep 0.171 in it's own folder and put
> what's compiled from GIT in it's own folder. Execute mame64 -cc to create a fresh
> mame.ini
> After setting up a few additional things you'll be up and running.

Mm hmm. Mm hmmmmm.... I could learn how to do those things, but currently, I have no idea what most of that means.

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

#351887 - 03/23/16 06:15 PM

Try this.

http://www.mameguide.info/compiling.html

Very easy to use and explains everything.

B2K24
Send PM

#351888 - 03/23/16 06:17 PM

I'll try and give you a little advice but consider this unofficial as I'm not a Developer but instead just a user.

I also accept no responsibility if your systems blows up or something :P

I'll assume here you're on windows and anyone else reading this it will probably work for them (until the process gets changed again :P)

First manually install the tools from http://mamedev.org/tools/

In my case I did the X64 version and so my msys64 folder is at C:\msys64 (default recommended location I think)

you open conemu.bat and execute
Code:

pacman -Syu

After that's completed you navigate to the location where you pulled from GIT

For simplicity the mame folder is in a folder named git
http://imgur.com/hm6svpf

Then it's easy as executing
Code:

make -j5 OPTIMIZE=3 SYMLEVEL=1 SYMBOLS=1 STRIP_SYMBOLS=1 TOOLS=1

http://imgur.com/YnI8uwn

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

#351889 - 03/23/16 06:55 PM

> Try this.
>
> http://www.mameguide.info/compiling.html
>
> Very easy to use and explains everything.

Downloaded this guide, and looked through it. Very step-by-step and clear, should be pretty easy to follow. As I understand it, the end result is a new Mame64.exe. I assume there's more to do after that, yes?

> I'll try and give you a little advice but consider this unofficial as I'm not a
> Developer but instead just a user.
>
> I also accept no responsibility if your systems blows up or something :P
>
> I'll assume here you're on windows and anyone else reading this it will probably work
> for them (until the process gets changed again :P)
>
> First manually install the tools from http://mamedev.org/tools/
>
> In my case I did the X64 version and so my msys64 folder is at C:\msys64 (default
> recommended location I think)
>
> you open conemu.bat and execute pacman -Syu

I see all the examples on the MameDev site also use pacman in their code snippets. Does this process have to be done for every ROM, or is pacman just some generic coding thing I don't know about?

>
> After that's completed you navigate to the location where you pulled from GIT
>
> For simplicity the mame folder is in a folder named git
> http://imgur.com/hm6svpf

I'm not sure what this is, my existing MAME folder doesn't look like this. Is this what will be pulled from GIT when I use the compiling steps above?

>
> Then it's easy as executing make -j5 OPTIMIZE=3 SYMLEVEL=1 SYMBOLS=1 STRIP_SYMBOLS=1
> TOOLS=1
>
> http://imgur.com/YnI8uwn

Is the end result of this also just a new MAME64.exe? Is it really that simple, to just swap out the executables? I assume once I do that, I have to make a new mame.ini from the new executable...

joey35car
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/07/07
Loc: Planet Claire
Send PM

#351890 - 03/23/16 07:13 PM

After you compile a new exe yes you need to replace certain folders. Always look for any new changes to folders after you create a new exe in the future. You will find these in the new MAME src folder that Git pulled down.

What B2K24 said.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Edited by joey35car (03/23/16 07:14 PM)

B2K24
Send PM

#351892 - 03/23/16 07:52 PM

> I see all the examples on the MameDev site also use pacman in their code snippets.
> Does this process have to be done for every ROM, or is pacman just some generic
> coding thing I don't know about?

I do it just before doing a compile to ensure all the things are updated. It has nothing to do with ROMs or running the games if I'm understanding you correctly.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#351893 - 03/23/16 08:09 PM

> > I see all the examples on the MameDev site also use pacman in their code snippets.
> > Does this process have to be done for every ROM, or is pacman just some generic
> > coding thing I don't know about?
>
>
> I do it just before doing a compile to ensure all the things are updated. It has
> nothing to do with ROMs or running the games if I'm understanding you correctly.

indeed, it's just a stupidly named 'package manager' app..

it's also annoyingly buggy on windows, and fails to even update things properly due to files being in use or something.

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Simpler explanation? new [Re: TheMadjai]
#351908 - 03/24/16 01:46 AM

> This being my first experience with MAME, is patching up to 172 a relatively simple
> process, or do I have to re-download, re-install and re-configure?

These guys are complicating matters for you, and I think they misunderstood your question.

MAME 0.172 will be released at the end-of-the-month (MAME development is on a monthly schedule so to speak.)

You do not need to compile MAME youself to try the new hiscore.lua support, you only need to do so if you want to try it before release. If you are patient and wait a few more days for the release of MAME 0.172, there will be a Windows binary package released for download at mamedev.org, and you just need to download MAME again.

When it is released, download MAME 0.172 and extract it into your MAME folder. Provided you do this correctly, this will overwrite every file in the folder except anything that doesn't come packaged with MAME: ROMS, artwork, samples, etc. So it will leave your "user files" alone.

However, MAME development is much more open now than it was in the old days. If you want to learn how to compile your own, you can try out bleeding-edge features prior to an actual MAME release. The advice the forum has been offering has been leaning in this direction.

Understand that compiling your own MAME binary in-between releases basically makes your tech support situation "you pick up the pieces if it doesn't work right". That doesn't stop users from doing it and in some cases it's encouraged by MAME developers who'd like the kinks worked out of their code prior to a release, but official tech support at sites like MAMETesters.org is normally on the release cycle. There are even some websites (EmuCR.com) that build and release nightly versions of MAME. All that said, it's never been easier to compile your own binary of MAME from source, as you've seen from the MAMEGuide.info how-to.

---

"Do you need to re-download, re-install and re-configure" - MAME 0.172 will have several new settings that can be configured either from the command-line or by using the MAME INI files. It would be recommended to rename your old INI file, let MAME 0.172 generate a new one, and then copy your changed settings over or reconfigure them from the GUI. You won't need to do this per-game normally, or per-category. Just the main MAME configuration file.

As for ROMs, occasionally well-known ROM sets do change between versions. MAME developer Vas Crabb did a decent writeup of this situation on reddit a week or two ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/49nwg7/okay_whats_the_deal_with_mame/d0tc7ms

Generally speaking, you don't HAVE to download everything all over again with a new MAME release. The majority of your ROMs, artworks, samples will be unaffected by the change. In the event that MAME requires something new from you, it *will* let you know.

I feel like there's many questions that you have that are waiting to be answered in the FAQ: http://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions
and in MAME's documentation: http://docs.mamedev.org

- Stiletto

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: Haze]
#351922 - 03/24/16 10:25 AM

> indeed, it's just a stupidly named 'package manager' app..
>
> it's also annoyingly buggy on windows, and fails to even update things properly due
> to files being in use or something.

It's got nothing to do with files being in use. It's perfectly capable of updating itself. The issues happens when you update the msys2 runtime. When you do this, it can't spawn new processes because the DLL loaded by new processes is a different version to what's in memory being used by existing processes.

You can workaround it like this:

• First run "pacman -Syup" to show packages to be updated
  • If you see an msys2 runtime listed, install it individually with "pacman -S msys2-runtime"
  • If you updated the runtime, close your shell window and open another one
  • Update everything else with "pacman -Syu"

TheMadjai
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Simpler explanation? new [Re: Stiletto]
#351929 - 03/24/16 04:40 PM

> > This being my first experience with MAME, is patching up to 172 a relatively simple
> > process, or do I have to re-download, re-install and re-configure?
>
> These guys are complicating matters for you, and I think they misunderstood your
> question.
>
> MAME 0.172 will be released at the end-of-the-month (MAME development is on a monthly
> schedule so to speak.)
>
> You do not need to compile MAME youself to try the new hiscore.lua support, you only
> need to do so if you want to try it before release. If you are patient and wait a few
> more days for the release of MAME 0.172, there will be a Windows binary package
> released for download at mamedev.org, and you just need to download MAME again.
>
> When it is released, download MAME 0.172 and extract it into your MAME folder.
> Provided you do this correctly, this will overwrite every file in the folder except
> anything that doesn't come packaged with MAME: ROMS, artwork, samples, etc. So it
> will leave your "user files" alone.

This is precisely what I was looking for. I am setting up this cab as a project, something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and I'm under no timetable. I don't mind waiting a few days to get this support, as I actually haven't even built the physical cabinet yet. It's all in pieces as I test ROMs and software. Thanks for this information.

> ---
>
> "Do you need to re-download, re-install and re-configure" - MAME 0.172 will have
> several new settings that can be configured either from the command-line or by using
> the MAME INI files. It would be recommended to rename your old INI file, let MAME
> 0.172 generate a new one, and then copy your changed settings over or reconfigure
> them from the GUI. You won't need to do this per-game normally, or per-category. Just
> the main MAME configuration file.
>
> As for ROMs, occasionally well-known ROM sets do change between versions. MAME
> developer Vas Crabb did a decent writeup of this situation on reddit a week or two
> ago:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/MAME/comments/49nwg7/okay_whats_the_deal_with_mame/d0tc7ms
>
> Generally speaking, you don't HAVE to download everything all over again with a new
> MAME release. The majority of your ROMs, artworks, samples will be unaffected by the
> change. In the event that MAME requires something new from you, it *will* let you
> know.
>
> I feel like there's many questions that you have that are waiting to be answered in
> the FAQ: http://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions
> and in MAME's documentation: http://docs.mamedev.org
>
> - Stiletto

I will pour over the FAQ, and look forward to seeing what I need to reconfigure with the new MAME version. I'm also very much looking forward to persistent high score support. Thanks Stiletto, and B2K2, and everyone else who's been very helpful here.

B2K24
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: R. Belmont]
#352041 - 03/27/16 08:23 PM

Sorry about all the off topic stuff about compiling. Now to get this thread back on track.

Is this only intended to be Arcade only or is there a way it could be modified for simple softlist loading such as

Code:

mame64 nes smb1

?

Not sure if console stuff is outside the scope of what this script is trying to do or if it's even possible.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: B2K24]
#352042 - 03/27/16 08:39 PM

> Sorry about all the off topic stuff about compiling. Now to get this thread back on
> track.
>
> Is this only intended to be Arcade only or is there a way it could be modified for
> simple softlist loading such as
> mame64 nes smb1?
>
> Not sure if console stuff is outside the scope of what this script is trying to do or
> if it's even possible.

As of right now, no, it is strictly arcade game coverage for which the original hiscore.dat was created (mame [machine name]). Home saving of individual softlist games would be a lot of work as well and I'd argue that there isn't really someone willing to put the effort into it. You could probably make general score saves if the data is always in the same place for a certain machine/console but I doubt this is the case. That isn't to say, though, whether or not it would be cool to have

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: Tafoid]
#352043 - 03/27/16 10:10 PM

>>Not sure if console stuff is outside the scope of what this script is trying to do or
>>if it's even possible.

>As of right now, no, it is strictly arcade game coverage for which the original
>hiscore.dat was created (mame [machine name]). Home saving of individual softlist games
>would be a lot of work as well and I'd argue that there isn't really someone willing to
>put the effort into it. You could probably make general score saves if the data is
>always in the same place for a certain machine/console but I doubt this is the case.
>That isn't to say, though, whether or not it would be cool to have

I could have used save state support back in 1985 during the long hours I would waste time playing Sierra On-Line's King Quest (the boot diskette) version and then either drown or get done in by ogre or the giant.

>KQI computer prompt reads "You get squished by the giant" Game over....please start all over again for another 3 hours....and don't blow it next time around.

>Me "Nnnnnnnnnnnnno!!!!!!"

Or my favorite memory when playing IBM/DOS version of Wilderness on old CGA monitor back in 1986.

Wilderness> the pink color rattle snake just bit you. Go set up tent.
Me> Sets up the tent next to river.
Wilderness> it is now pouring torrential rain downpour ( supposed to look like rain, but is purple looking as CGA monitor displayed....maybe Prince's Purple Rain?)
Me> Tear down tent
Wilderness> No....the flash flood just swept you down the purpleish colored river. Too late.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: B2K24]
#352076 - 03/28/16 09:41 PM

> Sorry about all the off topic stuff about compiling. Now to get this thread back on
> track.
>
> Is this only intended to be Arcade only or is there a way it could be modified for
> simple softlist loading such as
> mame64 nes smb1?
>
> Not sure if console stuff is outside the scope of what this script is trying to do or
> if it's even possible.

Carl added that support this morning, so you can now create hiscore.dat entries for softlist entries. Super-cool

B2K24
Send PM

#352089 - 03/29/16 01:19 AM

> Carl added that support this morning, so you can now create hiscore.dat entries for
> softlist entries. Super-cool

That's Awesome

I'll do a compile this evening and give it a few runs.

Thanks!

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#352094 - 03/29/16 02:14 AM

>Carl added that support this morning, so you can now create hiscore.dat entries for softlist entries.

This will be awesome if able to save high scores in some of the IBM DOS based games such as Windmill's Digger.

-
hash/ibm5150.xml - Windwill Software Digger 1983
-

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#352609 - 04/07/16 12:03 AM

> You can workaround it like this:
>
>
> First run "pacman -Syup" to show packages to be updated
> If you see an msys2 runtime listed, install it individually with "pacman -S
> msys2-runtime"
> If you updated the runtime, close your shell window and open another one
> Update everything else with "pacman -Syu"

smf threw forward this workaround, which we've added to mamedev.org/tools (unless yours is a better workaround):

First run "pacman -Sy"
Next, run "pacman -S bash pacman msys2-runtime --noconfirm --needed"
Next, if you updated the runtime, close your shell window and open another one
Finally, once back at the console, update everything else with "pacman -Su --noconfirm"

- Stiletto

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: Mamesick]
#352613 - 04/07/16 01:03 AM

That's cool.
Here's my version of LUA plugins. It's still preliminary but you will be able to enable multiple plugins.
This info is saved in the new MAM's plugin.ini file (root MAME folder).

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: Hiscores with stock MAME new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#352661 - 04/07/16 10:11 PM Attachment: misc2.jpg 153 KB (0 downloads)

How good designed is your GUI...
Here's my latest version, at the moment you can setup a plugin at once but I'm writing the code to support multiple ones.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#352913 - 04/12/16 11:19 PM

> How good designed is your GUI... Here's my latest version, at the moment you can setup a plugin at once but I'm writing the code to support multiple ones.

Beauty. I would expect nothing less of a contemporary UI build.

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Send PM

#352918 - 04/13/16 01:02 AM

Sorry for the late reply, Mamesick.
I wrote that feature in my frontend in a way that will read all plugin sub-folders and add to that TListView... there is no limit on how many plugins you can have there

Emu Loader goes thru all the sub-folders in the plugin folder and opens each plugin.json file to parse some info from them (title, name, version, author).

It's a simple code, but it's written in Delphi 7, not in C.

Edited by CiroConsentino (04/13/16 01:04 AM)

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

#352938 - 04/13/16 06:56 AM Attachment: latest.jpg 189 KB (0 downloads)

I did something similar. I parse the \plugins\ directory and store the name of every subfolder in the combobox. Obviously every subfolder is called like the plugin, so it's a safe step. The user now can select multiple plugins from the combobox dropdown list with a check for redundant choices. The edit control will be updated every time with the new choice separated by comma char, like the core requires. Reset button will revert the core option to empty value, the default one.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Send PM

#352949 - 04/13/16 01:21 PM

>> Obviously every subfolder is called like the plugin, so it's a safe step.

Yes, they are the same. I just wanted to show the user the version of the plugin, the author and the full title.
Also, my frontend load/save this setting in plugins.ini, not the plugin entry in mame.ini.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

#352956 - 04/13/16 03:29 PM

> >> Obviously every subfolder is called like the plugin, so it's a safe step.
>
> Yes, they are the same. I just wanted to show the user the version of the plugin, the
> author and the full title.
> Also, my frontend load/save this setting in plugins.ini, not the plugin entry in
> mame.ini.

Good choice, but due to the fact that MAMEUI(FX) is built on top of MAME core and it's integrated with it, it's easier for me have access directly to the internal options, call parsing routines and so on.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: DIY MAME Lua projects new [Re: Firehawke]
#352997 - 04/14/16 05:05 PM

So there is now a Lua version of the cheat engine and cheat finder, and it's already got one advantage over stock: it can search the RAM pool that console and computer drivers frequently use but often have banked so it was difficult to see all of it before.

It also supports hitbox-drawing cheats from the mame-rr project, which is pretty nifty.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 7960