RECLAIMING MY TIME, MOTHERFUCKER

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Dig this, Smitty: what the world could be like.....
#358755 - 09/18/16 12:50 AM

Note that they use in the title two words that Fresco refutes: utopia, futurist. For how else could they word it?

I realized this kind of thing, and its necessity, in '95; I was writing a treatise on Fuxionality that I was conceiving. The idea of a Resource-based Economy wasn't new, but I thought it was a lost concept. I encountered The Culture a couple/few years later, and Fresco some time this century.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Dig this, Smitty: what the world could be like..... new [Re: Traso]
#358760 - 09/18/16 01:36 AM

I would say their best chance at getting a prototype city going is in Oregon. A year ago I would have said maybe it would catch on in 50 years. After seeing half the country support Donald Trump I would say we are back to Gene Roddenberry's estimate of the 24th century. If you think these rednecks are going to let go of their grip on their money you're out of touch with current humanity.

Republicans would rather pay a dollar less on their yearly insurance tax even if it meant 10,000 poor black people die or go bankrupt from not being able to pay for an emergency room visit. It's disgusting.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Dig this, Smitty: what the world could be like..... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#358820 - 09/19/16 10:55 PM

I think technological development will supercede everything. It always has. Things seem real bad right now because there's a lot of growing pains, and as you've mentioned geezer aches, around that development.

> I would say their best chance at getting a prototype city going is in Oregon. A year ago I would have said maybe it would catch on in 50 years. After seeing half the country support Donald Trump I would say we are back to Gene Roddenberry's estimate of the 24th century. If you think these rednecks are going to let go of their grip on their money you're out of touch with current humanity.

> Republicans would rather pay a dollar less on their yearly insurance tax even if it meant 10,000 poor black people die or go bankrupt from not being able to pay for an emergency room visit. It's disgusting.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

The only golf Trump gets in prison is a black 1-wood >> Welcome to the War Room
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Smitdogg 
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3829