MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

RedBull PAC-MAN
#380275 - 12/24/18 12:01 AM Attachment: IMAG0612.jpg 3698 KB (1 downloads)

I stopped at a convenience store today and was surprised to see a RedBull display featuring a mini arcade cabinet/display cooler.

https://pacman.redbull.com

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

There is no law in the arena

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#380277 - 12/24/18 12:05 AM

> I stopped at a convenience store today and was surprised to see a RedBull display
> featuring a mini arcade cabinet/display cooler.
>
> https://pacman.redbull.com

looks like an official product, hopefully nobody will start making ROM hacks to replicate this, otherwise finding the geniune thing could prove difficult.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: Haze]
#380281 - 12/24/18 12:32 AM Attachment: IMAG0610.jpg 3529 KB (0 downloads)

Yeah it's official here's a couple more shots.
Notice "PAC-MAN & BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc." at the bottom right of the first one.

The second one shows a RedBull can instead of a fruit.

Attachment

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

#380282 - 12/24/18 12:33 AM Attachment: IMAG0611.jpg 3618 KB (0 downloads)

Attachment

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#380285 - 12/24/18 03:18 AM

What happens when you grab the red bull? Can you fly over the ghosts? Barriers? 2 credits in when you took the pics. We know you played... give us the deets, you jerk

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: URherenow]
#380286 - 12/24/18 03:42 AM

LOL,

I honestly didn't play just took some pics bought my beer and left!

If the community want's, I'll go back and do a full blown documentation.

PS. I think It's just programmed to always have 2 credits.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#380288 - 12/24/18 06:13 AM

> LOL,
>
> I honestly didn't play just took some pics bought my beer and left!
>
> If the community want's, I'll go back and do a full blown documentation.
>
> PS. I think It's just programmed to always have 2 credits.

The website says this is part of a promo where if you buy cans of Red Bull you get a code for the Pac-Man mobile app and you can unlock the Red Bull mazes on it.

So this thing might be running a modified version of that Android app.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: Foxhack]
#380289 - 12/24/18 06:24 AM

That thing is surely different from the maze unlock code that you enter into the pacman app. It's just all part of the same promo marketing campaign. My coworker is full on addicted to it.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: Smitdogg]
#380305 - 12/24/18 08:47 PM

> That thing is surely different from the maze unlock code that you enter into the
> pacman app. It's just all part of the same promo marketing campaign. My coworker is
> full on addicted to it.

As I said, a modified version of that app. I doubt they bothered to pay the devs to code an entirely new version of the game for these fridges, so they probably just took the app, modified it to run the Red Bull mazes by default, added infinite credits, slapped it on a Raspberry Pi or similar, added inputs and called it a day.

Is it worth dumping and documenting? Yes, definitely. But I really don't expect this to be anything other than an app running on a mini PC.

Haze
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: Foxhack]
#380308 - 12/24/18 09:33 PM

> > That thing is surely different from the maze unlock code that you enter into the
> > pacman app. It's just all part of the same promo marketing campaign. My coworker is
> > full on addicted to it.
>
> As I said, a modified version of that app. I doubt they bothered to pay the devs to
> code an entirely new version of the game for these fridges, so they probably just
> took the app, modified it to run the Red Bull mazes by default, added infinite
> credits, slapped it on a Raspberry Pi or similar, added inputs and called it a day.
>
> Is it worth dumping and documenting? Yes, definitely. But I really don't expect this
> to be anything other than an app running on a mini PC.

yeah, it's definitely not old 8-bit hardware anyway simply going on the title screen

I'm inclined to agree it's either going to be a Windows machine in there, or something running Android.

Possibly the game segment is emulation overlayed with new content for the title etc. (but just as possible it's all native code)

There are modern Space Invaders cabinets that are very similar to this thing too, saw one a few years back.

smilker
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/21/23
Send PM

#395819 - 03/21/23 12:33 AM Attachment: IMG_3016.jpg 427 KB (1 downloads)

Oh my I was lucky enough to play the red bull pac-man game over the weekend, I found an arcade that had it. Does anyone know if I can download the pac-man-red-bull.zip rom from somewhere? I want to play it on my rasberry pi 3b+ emulation station. Thanks!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by smilker (03/21/23 12:35 AM)

Haze
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: smilker]
#395822 - 03/21/23 10:19 AM

> Oh my I was lucky enough to play the red bull pac-man game over the weekend, I found
> an arcade that had it. Does anyone know if I can download the pac-man-red-bull.zip
> rom from somewhere? I want to play it on my rasberry pi 3b+ emulation station.
> Thanks!

It's a PC-based game (or at the very least a modern platform capable of HD output - the attract cycle screens and overlays are in 720p at least) it doesn't run on original Pac-Man hardware, there is no 'pac-man-red-bull.zip' that is going to run on a Pi3 and hopefully there never will be, as it will make finding the original much more difficult.

PokeMAME
Gotta catch 'em all!
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Send PM

#395863 - 03/28/23 09:27 PM

> Oh my I was lucky enough to play the red bull pac-man game over the weekend, I found
> an arcade that had it. Does anyone know if I can download the pac-man-red-bull.zip
> rom from somewhere? I want to play it on my rasberry pi 3b+ emulation station.
> Thanks!

I have the Windows version if anyone is interested. (there's no ROMs and it looks to be Unity based)

I got it from someone that played in the actual competition that Red Bull held.

I'll post here if the Admins don't have a problem with it. (it's about 34MB zipped)

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: PokeMAME]
#395864 - 03/29/23 03:30 AM Attachment: Pinside_forum_4918339_1556646.jpg 596 KB (0 downloads)

> I have the Windows version if anyone is interested. (there's no ROMs and it looks to
> be Unity based)
>
> I got it from someone that played in the actual competition that Red Bull held.
>
> I'll post here if the Admins don't have a problem with it. (it's about 34MB zipped)

I'm not interested in that personally but it's cool that you have it saved! Holy necro thread... Oh well, I missed this the first time around and it piqued my interest this time.

Looks like it's based on a Pixel Bash: https://namcoparts.com/Ecommerce/category/commercial-games/pac-mans-pixel-bash-coin-op

Manual: http://bandainamco-am.com/Ecommerce/Site/Content/PDFs/PIXEL_BASH_CABARET_MANUAL_NEW_2020.pdf

Nuther Manual: https://namcoparts.com/Ecommerce/Site/Content/PDFs/PIXEL_BASH_COIN_MANUAL.pdf

Attachment

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: aavada]
#395865 - 03/29/23 03:31 AM Attachment: 1_13cf3e1d2a6c4519f0853f0de95d2694.jpg 272 KB (0 downloads)

Arse end...

Attachment

McHale
Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: BFE Illinois
Send PM

#395872 - 03/29/23 06:31 PM

> I have the Windows version if anyone is interested. (there's no ROMs and it looks to
> be Unity based)
>
> I got it from someone that played in the actual competition that Red Bull held.
>
> I'll post here if the Admins don't have a problem with it. (it's about 34MB zipped)

If you can't post it here, I'll host it on a public share people can freely grab from. Either way I'd love a copy.

Tnx!

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#395955 - 04/09/23 07:18 AM Attachment: redbull.png 102 KB (0 downloads)

> > Oh my I was lucky enough to play the red bull pac-man game over the weekend, I
> found
> > an arcade that had it. Does anyone know if I can download the pac-man-red-bull.zip
> > rom from somewhere? I want to play it on my rasberry pi 3b+ emulation station.
> > Thanks!
>
> be Unity based)
>
>

Neat.

Tips for high score: grab the Red Bull, then hang out by the monster pen to rack up points until it wears off, rinse and repeat. Don't die... you get the most points for all of your leftover men.

This version does NOT have normal Pac-Man AI, and the controls are kind of wonky. There are times where I'm holding in advance to turn a corner, and he never turns.

Four playable levels in all, then it takes you to the high score screen. This looks like it is one part of the Android version, but compiled for PC. I can see other assets in there for holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween), but this version doesn't play any of those, far as I can tell.

I'm very much interested in the actual arcade version now, seeing as it runs on Pixel Bash hardware.

Forwarded off to another, who can take care of the public share part.

Attachment

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

smilker
MAME Fan
Send PM

#395962 - 04/11/23 04:06 AM

Can I download for the pc? How would I play it?
Thank you, Steve

McHale
Send PM

#395968 - 04/12/23 01:57 AM

> Can I download for the pc? How would I play it?
> Thank you, Steve

I have slow internet but it's uploading to my share now. A link will be posted shortly.

To answer your question, yes. It's a zip file that you merely unzip and double click the .exe. It brings up a loader where you can configure your display as well as inputs so you can make it cab friendly. Here's the readme.txt from the zip file.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PAC-MAN Red Bull

Inputs

- The directional inputs can be updated in the Input tab on the Config Launcher.
- PAC-MAN is controlled with the horizontal and vertical axes
- The "submit" button is used to pause the game and to activate a selected button that is highlighted in blue

Leaderboard

- The user will be asked to input their data when submitting a score.
- If the user do not sign for the newsletter, their email will still be saved but tagged to not receive any content.
- Emails are recorded in a CSV file.
- This file can be found on Mac on /Users/%USERNAME%/Redbull/RedbullLeaderboard.csv
- This file can be found on Windows on C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Redbull\RedbullLeaderboard.csv
- Reseting the Leaderboard will clear the board, but not the email list file
- Links to Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions are present on the Submit Score popup.

Leaderboard Tiers

- The amount of tiers and how many players appear on each tiers can be set on the "tiers" file.
- This file can be found on Mac on /Users/%USERNAME%/Redbull/tiers.txt
- This file can be found on Windows on C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Redbull\tiers.txt
- The tiers can be changed in the file in the following format: Tier1;Ter2;Ter3;Tier4 (eg: 10;5;3 = 3 Tiers, first one with 10 players, second with 5 players and the last one with 3 players.)
- The number of tiers is entirelly flexible, so you can have just 1 tier, 2 tiers, 3 tiers, 4 tiers, 20 tiers, etc.
- Regardless of how many tiers are in the file, there is always a "all the others" category, on which all remaining scores (that didn't fit in the tiers that were set) will be placed
- If the file is empty or the file is misconfigured (e.g.: 10;5;3; - it has a semicolon at the end, so it doesn't work), all leaderboard entries will be inserted in a category without tiers.
- If the tier file is deleted, a new file is created with a single tier that has 10 positions (format: 10)

McHale
Send PM

#395969 - 04/12/23 02:24 AM

MANY thanks to PokeMAME for acquiring and sharing this. This is the only version I have played (not even the Android version) so am unsure if it behaves the same as 1. the cooler game, 2. the Android game, or 3. the tournament version.

Download Here (updated 5/27/2023):

https://ufile.io/m3135mzz

I also tossed up Fix It Felix JR (updated 5/27/2023):

https://ufile.io/ulzy9pqi

Edited by McHale (05/28/23 05:38 AM)

smilker
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: McHale]
#395972 - 04/12/23 02:48 PM Attachment: PX01-19950-00.png 862 KB (0 downloads)

So cool, thanks for sharing. very nice of you!
Imagine rom for Mame, would be awesome to play it on Rasberry Pi. I wonder whom coded the redbull pac-man game and if they could port it to us Mame users.

Did this company make the RedBull Pac-Man cabinet? It looks similar.
https://www.bandainamco-am.com/Ecommerce/product/px01-19950-00/pixel-bash-chill-cabaret
Take care.

Attachment

Edited by smilker (04/12/23 02:52 PM)

smilker
MAME Fan
Send PM

#395974 - 04/13/23 12:07 AM

Thank you so much I just loaded it on my pc and will try playing it now. I just called BANDAI NAMCO today, they are in Itasca and tech confirmed they produced the red bull cabinet. They no longer make the game and they would not sell it to me. I see they have the same cabinet but with just different graphics. I would love to buy this with the fridge on the bottom! https://namcoparts.com/Ecommerce/product/px01-19950-00/pixel-bash-chill-cabaret

chilistudios
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/19/24
Send PM

#398338 - 04/19/24 10:32 PM

The Pac-Man download has expired. Can you please reupload it? I think somewhere like archive.org or mega is a better place for uploading stuff.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: RedBull PAC-MAN new [Re: Haze]
#398345 - 04/22/24 10:05 AM

> there is no 'pac-man-red-bull.zip' that is going to run on
> a Pi3 and hopefully there never will be, as it will make finding
> the original much more difficult.

lmao, when chore dread kills the romance

i learned everything i know from KC

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2150