Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

mat80
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/21
Send PM

Problem with rom software list
#390240 - 03/13/21 12:11 AM

Hi everyone, I am new and I tried to do a search, but if I have seen correctly I have not found anything for my case. I decided to insert the software list in my Mameui, inserting the various folders inside the "software" folder. When I open the Mame and highlight "Genesis" for example, the list of games appears in the SW items section. To try it, I clicked on "The Addams Family (USA)" and it left quietly. The problem is that whatever other title you try to launch, "The Addams Family (USA)" always starts. Where am I wrong?
Thank you!

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Problem with rom software list new [Re: mat80]
#390249 - 03/13/21 02:12 AM

> Hi everyone, I am new and I tried to do a search, but if I have seen correctly I have
> not found anything for my case. I decided to insert the software list in my Mameui,
> inserting the various folders inside the "software" folder. When I open the Mame and
> highlight "Genesis" for example, the list of games appears in the SW items section.
> To try it, I clicked on "The Addams Family (USA)" and it left quietly. The problem is
> that whatever other title you try to launch, "The Addams Family (USA)" always starts.
> Where am I wrong?
> Thank you!

The new title should replace the old, maybe you're using an old version.
To forcably remove something, click on the "Media View" tab, you'll see the Adams Family, click on the little box next to it, and choose Unmount.

mat80
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Problem with rom software list new [Re: Robbbert]
#390302 - 03/13/21 08:40 PM

Thanks a lot for the answer! I use mameUI 0.229 and SL 0.229. I tried the method you described to me but the same game always starts. After clicking "unmount" I highlight another title and see that it appears in "Media view", but as soon as I launch it, The Addams Family always starts. I tried to delete and put back the MameUI, but nothing changes. Not even if I mount another title from Media View.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

#390310 - 03/14/21 01:49 PM

Sometimes it happens to me too; a simple reset with F3 solves the problem by launching the correct game.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

mat80
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Problem with rom software list new [Re: AntoPISA]
#390322 - 03/15/21 06:05 PM

Thanks AntoPisa, I tried but unfortunately the same damn game starts again. The strange thing is that if I then go to Media View there is the correct game that I have selected, but it is as if it does not hear it.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

#390328 - 03/16/21 01:47 AM

In the "sta" folder, delete the "machine-name.sta" file and launch the new game.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

mat80
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Problem with rom software list new [Re: AntoPISA]
#390344 - 03/17/21 09:16 PM

I didn't have the "sta" folder yet, so I tried to save a state during the game and then, once created, delete it, but it didn't work.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 16 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 604