MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

myclone
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

lunar rescue bezel
#223637 - 06/05/10 12:07 PM Attachment: BNP3YgBmkKGrHgoOKjwEjlLmV5FdBJoqzWFZOw_1.jpg 31 KB (18 downloads)

found this in the arcade flyers archive.
maybe dan could rescan it, i'm sure it could be presentable.
looks like tatio's space invaders moon in there too.
http://www.arcadeflyers.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=3931&image=1

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

myclone
Send PM

Re: lunar rescue bezel new [Re: myclone]
#224069 - 06/11/10 06:44 AM Attachment: 28014201.jpg 211 KB (9 downloads)

sorry i only posted a reference pic.
the workable bezel is in the flyer.
i forgot how to post more than one pic, greg refresh my memory.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

rohan
"Getting stuck in crane games could happen to anyone"
Reged: 03/11/04
Loc: The OC
Send PM

#224136 - 06/12/10 02:57 AM

Brilliant idea, there are several other flyers that could provide artwork as well if they're scanned in hi-res...The irony is that the cabinet shown on the flyer seems to have a different bezel.

My furniture: Holosseum, Pac-Man, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, DigDug, Tron, Astro Invader, Donkey Kong Jr., Centipede, Six-Pac, Tank! II cocktail, billiard table, and dartboard

myclone
Send PM

Re: lunar rescue bezel new [Re: rohan]
#224156 - 06/12/10 08:21 AM

i never mention it before as i couldn't find a reference pic.
looks like this bezel was used for a space invaders conversion kit.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#224304 - 06/14/10 10:01 AM

>i never mention it before as i couldn't find a reference pic.looks like this bezel was
>used for a space invaders conversion kit.

Yep. It was some time ago, I had mentioned (jcroach iirc) about a UK ebay auction with a couple upright Taito cabs with one being Lunar Rescue. Upright, Taito Space Invaders cabs could be converted to play Lunar Rescue.

It would be great if a Lunar Rescue bezel could be found and scanned rather than using a flyer, but if not possible, then flyer is only choice for now.

btw: Lunar Rescue audio logic schematics are hard-to-find. I did find one paperwork auction in 2008, but nothing since then. These are blue print sheets that are separate from the Lunar Rescue parts and instruction catalogs.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#224724 - 06/18/10 01:58 PM

You can't attach more than 1 pic to the board software per post. You have 2 choices, either bring multiple pics into Photoshop and combine them into 1 file and attach that or upload multiple pics somewhere else on the web and link to them.

andykmv
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/11/10
Send PM

Re: lunar rescue bezel new [Re: gregf]
#241703 - 12/21/10 11:03 AM Attachment: IMGA0409.JPG 56 KB (5 downloads)

this one may be a little diff to what you expected, but was provided by an aussie forum member, and, the same bezel was also held by a USA collector!

i have a scanned version of the bezel that needs some work to fix flaked areas.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by andykmv (12/21/10 11:07 AM)

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: lunar rescue bezel new [Re: andykmv]
#241755 - 12/22/10 11:53 AM

> this one may be a little diff to what you expected, but was provided by an aussie
> forum member, and, the same bezel was also held by a USA collector!
>
> i have a scanned version of the bezel that needs some work to fix flaked areas.

It seems strange to have a beast in the bottom corner, since the game has no beasts.

myclone
Send PM

Re: lunar rescue bezel new [Re: Robbbert]
#241774 - 12/22/10 09:58 PM

thats great news, thanks for making the artwork available to mame.
has the file made its way to mr.do?
well done.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#241781 - 12/23/10 12:21 AM

Um what am I misssing? Isn't this the same one that you can download on the artwork page?

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork/lrescue.png

I could use another scan to improve the existing one. I couldn't find a good reference photo to complete the parts that were flaked off. Uploading it to the FTP would be great,

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: lunar rescue bezel new [Re: Antny]
#241782 - 12/23/10 01:12 AM

> Um what am I misssing? Isn't this the same one that you can download on the artwork
> page?
>
> http://mrdo.mameworld.info/mame_artwork/lrescue.png
>
> I could use another scan to improve the existing one. I couldn't find a good
> reference photo to complete the parts that were flaked off. Uploading it to the FTP
> would be great,

You're not missing anything. This is already in MAME. I'm just thinking he didn't notice.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

#333731 - 10/23/14 09:26 PM Attachment: Untitled.png 502 KB (1 downloads)

I think the artist was "inspired" by 2001 A Space Odyssey.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Comboman
Send PM

#333778 - 10/24/14 11:21 PM

I found a video of this version Lunar Rescue. From the look of the moon, I think it's a Space Invaders Deluxe conversion, rather than Space Invaders (although the conversion might have worked with either one). The game looks fine with the B&W screen plus overlay; the color was kinda used like an overlay anyway.

Comboman
Send PM

Lunar Rescue in black & white? new [Re: Comboman]
#333806 - 10/26/14 02:22 AM Attachment: 8OtBA.jpg 93 KB (0 downloads)

It seems like Lunar Rescue was widely available as a conversion kit for older Taito machines. This link is a flyer for the Space Invaders conversion (in German). The previous post had a video of the Space Invaders Deluxe conversion. Below is a photo of a Zunzun Block conversion.

All of those games used B&W monitors with color overlays. The game was clearly designed to work with both color and B&W monitors. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to get MAME to emulate this game in B&W. I even tried the bootlegs like Moon Lander which according to KLOV were only available as B&W, but MAME still emulates them in color.

I'd like to do an artwork file to reproduce a Lunar Rescue/Space Invaders conversion, but I can't figure out how to force B&W. Maybe it needs a driver change? Space Zap is the only game I could find that has both color and B&W options.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Lunar Rescue in black & white? new [Re: Comboman]
#333813 - 10/26/14 04:55 AM

> It seems like Lunar Rescue was widely available as a conversion kit for older Taito
> machines. This link is a flyer for the Space Invaders conversion (in German). The
> previous post had a video of the Space Invaders Deluxe conversion. Below is a photo
> of a Zunzun Block conversion.
>
> All of those games used B&W monitors with color overlays. The game was clearly
> designed to work with both color and B&W monitors. Unfortunately, I can't find a way
> to get MAME to emulate this game in B&W. I even tried the bootlegs like Moon Lander
> which according to KLOV were only available as B&W, but MAME still emulates them in
> color.
>
> I'd like to do an artwork file to reproduce a Lunar Rescue/Space Invaders conversion,
> but I can't figure out how to force B&W. Maybe it needs a driver change? Space Zap is
> the only game I could find that has both color and B&W options.

It would need a driver update. If we know for sure that the exact same PCB/roms are used in the conversion kit as the regular upright, then the driver would simply need to be able to be configured to hook up to a B&W monitor (similar to Space Zap).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Comboman
Send PM

Re: Lunar Rescue in black & white? new [Re: Mr. Do]
#334102 - 11/01/14 04:14 PM

> It would need a driver update. If we know for sure that the exact same PCB/roms are
> used in the conversion kit as the regular upright, then the driver would simply need
> to be able to be configured to hook up to a B&W monitor (similar to Space Zap).

I had trouble finding any info on the original conversion kit (other than that it existed). Coinop.org indicates that the connector pinouts are the same, so I believe the conversion kit used the standard Lunar Rescue board.

Interestingly, there are modern conversion kits from Blaze still available, though these are custom ROMs that allow you to play several games without swapping boards. Even more interesting, MAME already emulates this modern conversion kit (listed as Space Invaders Multigame) which gives me what I need to work on the artwork (though I'd still like to eventually see a B&W option on the Lunar Rescue driver).

Comboman
Send PM

#334134 - 11/02/14 03:11 AM Attachment: Untitled.png 1151 KB (2 downloads)

OK, here's my attempt at a Lunar Rescue conversion of a Space Invaders Deluxe cabinet. The bezel is not great since it comes from a flyer scan. I included both SI and SI Deluxe versions, but I like the gradient color overlay on Deluxe better with Lunar Rescue.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Comboman
Send PM

#334135 - 11/02/14 03:22 AM Attachment: invmulti.zip 9834 KB (19 downloads)

Here's the zip (for use with Space Invaders Multigame).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 7697