MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Holy Turkey! What a deal!
#239119 - 11/16/10 08:17 PM

We're tagged with Thanksgiving this year, so Gatinha and I decided to cheat and called Albertsons....

$39.99 for a fully cooked Butterball turkey, cornbread, mashed potatoes, and Hawaiian roles enough for 12 adults. Zoinks! What a deal! I'll let you know how yummy it was after Thanksgiving, but Daiamn, that's cheap! Why WOULND'T you take advantage of that...

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Holy Turkey! What a deal! new [Re: GatKong]
#239151 - 11/17/10 03:26 AM

Just be careful I have had those sorts of things before and the 'serving size' can be anywhere from 'a bird eats more' size to 'holy smokes no one eats this much'. I would have them show you a portion size if they can.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#239160 - 11/17/10 06:02 AM

> We're tagged with Thanksgiving this year, so Gatinha and I decided to cheat and
> called Albertsons....
>
> $39.99 for a fully cooked Butterball turkey, cornbread, mashed potatoes, and Hawaiian
> roles enough for 12 adults. Zoinks! What a deal! I'll let you know how yummy it was
> after Thanksgiving, but Daiamn, that's cheap! Why WOULND'T you take advantage of
> that...

That can't possibly be right. 40 bucks can hardly buy a decent dinner for two, let alone Thanksgiving dinner for 12. Either that turkey is the size of a Cornish game hen and a portion is one little scrap of meat, or else it's stuff left over from last year.

Besides, call me a snob, but a Thanksgiving dinner that comes out of a box from the grocery store just seems wrong somehow. Granted it's a shit-ton of work, but that home-cooked food is totally worth it.

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#239184 - 11/17/10 01:06 PM

Maybe it's straight from Ukraine and keeps growing back if you cut a piece.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#239210 - 11/17/10 11:23 PM

> and Hawaiian roles enough for 12 adults.
>

Cool. Which role will you play?

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1572