MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

LOL, LMAO, ROTFL, etc.
#239197 - 11/17/10 07:48 PM

For more than a year, ominous rumors had been privately circulating among high-level Western leaders that the Soviet Union had been at work on what was darkly hinted to be the ultimate weapon: a doomsday device. Intelligence sources traced the site of the top secret Russian project to the perpetually fog-shrouded wasteland below the Arctic peaks of the Zhokhov Islands. What they were building or why it should be located in such a remote and desolate place no one could say.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

There's no fighting in the war room! new [Re: Pi]
#239198 - 11/17/10 07:49 PM Attachment: Dr. Strangelove.jpg 110 KB (2 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: There's no fighting in the war room! new [Re: Hizzout]
#239205 - 11/17/10 10:03 PM

I was madly looking for the 'Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?' video clip.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Hizzout
Send PM

He'll see the big board! new [Re: igamabob]
#239207 - 11/17/10 10:43 PM

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: He'll see the big board! new [Re: Hizzout]
#239289 - 11/18/10 06:14 PM

Scott's best performance along with The Hustler and Patton definitely.

Dr. Strangelove is a largely unknown movie in Spain, since when it got out there was no "cold war" in Spain as we still were in the middle of a dictatorship.

And my intention was that the subject line would read "Mein Führer! I can walk!" but the profanity shield for subjects blocked it...

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: He'll see the big board! new [Re: Pi]
#239293 - 11/18/10 06:46 PM

> Scott's best performance

Well I prefer Miss Scott's (Tracy Reed) performance.

But, yeah, George C.'s ain't bad either. That part in the war room where he takes a tumble was supposedly an accident and not scripted but they kept it in.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: He'll see the big board! new [Re: Andrew]
#239315 - 11/18/10 11:14 PM

> Well I prefer Miss Scott's (Tracy Reed) performance.

I love when she calls him to the big room, that one-sided phone conversation is absolutely hilarious. But I guess you're meaning other kind of "performance". Mrs. Foreign Affairs ^_^

> But, yeah, George C.'s ain't bad either. That part in the war room where he takes a
> tumble was supposedly an accident and not scripted but they kept it in.

Yes, he kept whining that Kubrick made him repeat the scenes until he overacted too much, like in that scene. Yet he later admitted that it was his favourite performance once he could see the final result. That kind of strong, bold actors can be so funny when put in a comedy.

According to a date seen in a single scene in the movie, the happenings occur on Sept 13th 1963, which was a friday. A black friday for a black comedy. Just another one of too many subtle details, like calling Sterling's character "Jack D. Ripper" (Jack el destripador en español).

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: He'll see the big board! new [Re: Pi]
#239317 - 11/18/10 11:20 PM

Such a great movie. Too many good quotes.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1967