View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

I can't wait for the royal wedding
#253050 - 04/27/11 07:31 PM

To be over so my morning news doesn't consist of new anchors talking about the horses that will pull the carriage, the food that will be served, who designed the wedding dress, and on and FUCKING on.

HLN even has a counter in the corner counting down to the hour of the wedding. Really?

Why does, or should anyone outside of Britain even CARE?!

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Hizzout]
#253051 - 04/27/11 07:36 PM

> To be over so my morning news doesn't consist of new anchors talking about the horses
> that will pull the carriage, the food that will be served, who designed the wedding
> dress, and on and FUCKING on.
>
> HLN even has a counter in the corner counting down to the hour of the wedding.
> Really?
>
> Why does, or should anyone outside of Britain even CARE?!

I don't get what makes this wedding so special. Are people's lives so utterly boring and devoid of meaning that they are desperate for something to pass the time with? (Yes, I know the answer is yes. )

Kevin Eshbach

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#253052 - 04/27/11 07:45 PM

> To be over so my morning news doesn't consist of new anchors talking about the horses
> that will pull the carriage, the food that will be served, who designed the wedding
>
> HLN even has a counter in the corner counting down to the hour of the wedding.
> Really?
>

Amen to that.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#253058 - 04/27/11 07:56 PM

>
> Really?
>

This viral spoof:

is teh funnay though now buy A T-MOBILE CONTRACT!!!1!

William is 3rd in line to the throne and the British crown is the monarch of the entire British Commonwealth so he's in line to be the King of the Canadians, Australians, New Zealanders and some other places too!
(they hate it when we remind them that! - The Aussies have the Queen on their plastic bank notes and everything! Snarf!)

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#253060 - 04/27/11 08:25 PM

Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) was on Jimmy Fallon (I think) the other night and he said that not many people back in England even really cared about it. They were just happy because Monday is a national holiday so they get a 4 day weekend. (YEA!) More people over here in the U.S. care about it than in U.K.!

But hey, I'll down a few pints anyway.

Later

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#253063 - 04/27/11 09:03 PM

I've been thinking the same thing for weeks. Even CNN's site has been plastering it constantly. It's not "news" it's bullshit for the front page of some girlie mag and nothing more.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Fever]
#253064 - 04/27/11 09:07 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13201562

The bloke who installed the camera outside Buckingham Palace which took the time-lapse video that
can be seen starting at 44 seconds in the linked news story bought me a Force FX Lightsaber. That's
why I'm excited about the wedding.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Gor]
#253069 - 04/27/11 09:30 PM

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13201562
>
> The bloke who installed the camera outside Buckingham Palace which took the
> time-lapse video that
> can be seen starting at 44 seconds in the linked news story bought me a Force FX
> Lightsaber. That's
> why I'm excited about the wedding.

Why are random men buying you expensive presents? o_O
(is there a Greamlin for something like 'o_O'?)

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Fever]
#253076 - 04/27/11 10:02 PM

> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13201562
> >
> > The bloke who installed the camera outside Buckingham Palace which took the
> > time-lapse video that
> > can be seen starting at 44 seconds in the linked news story bought me a Force FX
> > Lightsaber. That's
> > why I'm excited about the wedding.
>
> Why are random men buying you expensive presents? o_O
> (is there a Greamlin for something like 'o_O'?)

I couldn't find a suitable o_O

We always tend to exchange decent gifts. Pause. Plus, those things aren't that expensive, I spent more on our portion of his Rebel T1i

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Gor]
#253078 - 04/27/11 10:25 PM

> > > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13201562
> > >
> > > The bloke who installed the camera outside Buckingham Palace which took the
> > > time-lapse video that
> > > can be seen starting at 44 seconds in the linked news story bought me a Force FX
> > > Lightsaber. That's
> > > why I'm excited about the wedding.
> >
> > Why are random men buying you expensive presents? o_O
> > (is there a Greamlin for something like 'o_O'?)
>
> I couldn't find a suitable o_O
>

I think it's meant to be , which isn't bad actually, although a bit 'holding your breath' like

> We always tend to exchange decent gifts. Pause. Plus, those things aren't that
> expensive, I spent more on our portion of his Rebel T1i

Oaky dokey

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

#253082 - 04/27/11 10:41 PM

Where's the IRA when you need them?

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Darth Mario]
#253087 - 04/27/11 11:11 PM

> Where's the IRA when you need them?

Probably planning something with Al Qaeda

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Praxis
Prime Minister
Reged: 03/30/06
Loc: Great Britain
Send PM

#253088 - 04/28/11 12:21 AM

Well I'm making an effort! Royal Wedding's aren't exactly my bag either, so I'm going along to be part of a big event, and capture some footage for YouTube.
My secondary aim will be to be interviewed by as many US television networks as possible.
What I'm not looking forward to is that it looks like I'll need to spend the night out on the street, staking out my place.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Wholeheartedly Agreed. *totally not giving a f***, * [nt] new [Re: Hizzout]
#253092 - 04/28/11 12:40 AM

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

#253099 - 04/28/11 03:08 AM

OK, a.) that's a pretty nasty thing to say, and b.) if something actually happened at the wedding, we would *never*, *ever* hear the fucking end of it. The news specials would go on for decades.

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: DMala]
#253139 - 04/28/11 12:47 PM

> > Where's the IRA when you need them?
>
> OK, a.) that's a pretty nasty thing to say, and b.) if something actually happened at
> the wedding, we would *never*, *ever* hear the fucking end of it. The news specials
> would go on for decades.

The aristocracy is full of nothing but vampiric slave traders. They deserve nothing more than "nasty" things to happen to them.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: Hizzout]
#253144 - 04/28/11 02:28 PM

I can smell the divorce.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: Dullaron]
#253150 - 04/28/11 03:20 PM

> I can smell the divorce.

You sure you're not just downwind from Gat's. I kid, I kid. I'm sure all his toilets are in shit shape now.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: Gor]
#253152 - 04/28/11 03:28 PM

> > I can smell the divorce.
>
> You sure you're not just downwind from Gat's. I kid, I kid. I'm sure all his toilets
> are in shit shape now.

I just saying. Look what his mother did. She got caught with another man.

Cable
retro gamer
Reged: 08/30/08
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: DMala]
#253153 - 04/28/11 04:12 PM

I can't wait Im getting a paid day off, so god bless them both. Theres still no chance of me sitting down and watching that shite. Come on the Scottish Independance!!

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: Gor]
#253156 - 04/28/11 04:17 PM

> You sure you're not just downwind from Gat's.

Ya, I never followed up on that! Actually it turned into a huge party, believe it or not.

My neighbor's friend runs a well drilling service, and he had the exact check-valve I needed. So they come over to change out the valve (no small task when it holds back 12,000 gallons). Neighbors see a few extra cars in the lot, so they come over to see what's up. One of those guys works at the "meat lab", and says if I dig a pit he can bring a half cow to eat while everyone works on the valve. So a few more families show up to help me dig the pit. Then, well, if you have a half cow, you need enough people to eat all that, so a few more cars arrive, plus few trips to the store for ice, beer and limes (for making caipirinhas, we always have cachaça on hand, yum)... and next thing you know there's a shindig hoedown goin' on (not to be confused with a hootinanny, we're not like that) at Gat's place.

We got clean toilets, and plenty of people to try them out.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: GatKong]
#253160 - 04/28/11 04:53 PM

> > You sure you're not just downwind from Gat's.
>
> Ya, I never followed up on that! Actually it turned into a huge party, believe it or
> not.
>
> My neighbor's friend runs a well drilling service, and he had the exact check-valve I
> needed. So they come over to change out the valve (no small task when it holds back
> 12,000 gallons). Neighbors see a few extra cars in the lot, so they come over to see
> what's up. One of those guys works at the "meat lab", and says if I dig a pit he can
> bring a half cow to eat while everyone works on the valve. So a few more families
> show up to help me dig the pit. Then, well, if you have a half cow, you need enough
> people to eat all that, so a few more cars arrive, plus few trips to the store for
> ice, beer and limes (for making caipirinhas, we always have cachaça on hand, yum)...
> and next thing you know there's a shindig hoedown goin' on (not to be confused with a
> hootinanny, we're not like that) at Gat's place.
>
> We got clean toilets, and plenty of people to try them out.

It's great when you're able to make something awesome out of something so shitty.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: Dullaron]
#253161 - 04/28/11 04:56 PM Attachment: charlesharry.jpg 33 KB (1 downloads)

> > > I can smell the divorce.
> >
> > You sure you're not just downwind from Gat's. I kid, I kid. I'm sure all his
> toilets
> > are in shit shape now.
>
> I just saying. Look what his mother did. She got caught with another man.

Fair enough, Harry does look a lot like his Dad.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: GatKong]
#253165 - 04/28/11 05:49 PM

> My neighbor's friend runs a well drilling service, and he had the exact check-valve I
> needed. So they come over to change out the valve (no small task when it holds back
> 12,000 gallons). Neighbors see a few extra cars in the lot, so they come over to see
> what's up. One of those guys works at the "meat lab", and says if I dig a pit he can
> bring a half cow to eat while everyone works on the valve. So a few more families
> show up to help me dig the pit. Then, well, if you have a half cow, you need enough
> people to eat all that, so a few more cars arrive, plus few trips to the store for
> ice, beer and limes (for making caipirinhas, we always have cachaça on hand, yum)...
> and next thing you know there's a shindig hoedown goin' on (not to be confused with a
> hootinanny, we're not like that) at Gat's place.

It's always strange to me how different things are in other parts of the country. I can't even imagine seeing activity at a neighbor's house and just dropping by to see what's going on, let alone have the whole thing turn into a spontaneous party. Even at my parents' house in the 'burbs, where we actually knew most of the neighbors. It's just not something most New Englanders would think to do, at least in my experience.

elmeepo
Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Norn Iron
Send PM

#253174 - 04/28/11 07:45 PM

About to become biggest party in Northern Ireland next thursday, dont want to get blood on their suits

Praxis
Prime Minister
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: Praxis]
#253177 - 04/28/11 08:15 PM

You miserable bunch of cynics.
I'm just about all packed and ready to go. Hope I'm not too late to bag a good spot on the Mall. Will be leaving in a few minutes.
Have a good one, whatever you're doing (or not doing).

FatTrucker
Randomly pressing buttons in hope of success.
Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: London UK
Send PM

#253183 - 04/28/11 09:19 PM

>
> Really?
>

You think its bad for you lot!

I've got 2 runs delivering beer into the City tomorrow, nothing quite like trying to manouver an articulated truck through London streets with about a million tourists all wandering about aimlessly and looking the wrong f**king way when they cross the roads.

keshbach1
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: FatTrucker]
#253200 - 04/28/11 11:52 PM

> I've got 2 runs delivering beer into the City tomorrow, nothing quite like trying to
> manouver an articulated truck through London streets with about a million tourists
> all wandering about aimlessly and looking the wrong f**king way when they cross the
> roads.

Can you get popcorn delivery as part of your route for this one "special" day?

Kevin Eshbach

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Just hope he doesn't start cheating on his wife. new [Re: DMala]
#253214 - 04/29/11 03:05 AM

> > My neighbor's friend runs a well drilling service, and he had the exact check-valve
> I
> > needed. So they come over to change out the valve (no small task when it holds back
> > 12,000 gallons). Neighbors see a few extra cars in the lot, so they come over to
> see
> > what's up. One of those guys works at the "meat lab", and says if I dig a pit he
> can
> > bring a half cow to eat while everyone works on the valve. So a few more families
> > show up to help me dig the pit. Then, well, if you have a half cow, you need enough
> > people to eat all that, so a few more cars arrive, plus few trips to the store for
> > ice, beer and limes (for making caipirinhas, we always have cachaça on hand,
> yum)...
> > and next thing you know there's a shindig hoedown goin' on (not to be confused with
> a
> > hootinanny, we're not like that) at Gat's place.
>
> It's always strange to me how different things are in other parts of the country. I
> can't even imagine seeing activity at a neighbor's house and just dropping by to see
> what's going on, let alone have the whole thing turn into a spontaneous party. Even
> at my parents' house in the 'burbs, where we actually knew most of the neighbors.
> It's just not something most New Englanders would think to do, at least in my
> experience.

Man, that must suck. Favorite part of my weekends lately have been neighbors dropping by the minute I fire up a compressor or start running the saw. Can't say they've turned into the party Gat had, but at least now the gold standard for spontaneous parties has been set...

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Daily Show nails it again new [Re: Hizzout]
#253265 - 04/29/11 08:05 PM

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-28-2011/royal-wedding-excitement-in-london

Praxis
Prime Minister
Send PM

#253271 - 04/29/11 08:46 PM

Well I got back not long ago. It turned out to be impossible to get any sleep at all, on a cold, windy Mall last night. Consequently, I am now unspeakably exhausted.
I managed to get a pretty good spot, took plenty of videos, and flirted shamelessly with American girls, predictably, with outstanding success.

keshbach1
Send PM

Re: Daily Show nails it again new [Re: Hizzout]
#253272 - 04/29/11 08:47 PM

> http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-28-2011/royal-wedding-excitement-in-london

Was the guy being interviewed at 1:08 Orc?

Kevin Eshbach

keshbach1
Send PM

#253273 - 04/29/11 08:53 PM

> Well I got back not long ago. It turned out to be impossible to get any sleep at all,
> on a cold, windy Mall last night. Consequently, I am now unspeakably exhausted.
> I managed to get a pretty good spot, took plenty of videos, and flirted shamelessly
> with American girls, predictably, with outstanding success.

Got any new pix for Andrew to post?

Kevin Eshbach

Praxis
Prime Minister
Send PM

Re: I can't wait for the royal wedding new [Re: keshbach1]
#253276 - 04/29/11 09:57 PM

Quote:

> Well I got back not long ago. It turned out to be impossible to get any sleep at all,
> on a cold, windy Mall last night. Consequently, I am now unspeakably exhausted.
> I managed to get a pretty good spot, took plenty of videos, and flirted shamelessly
> with American girls, predictably, with outstanding success.

Got any new pix for Andrew to post?

Kevin Eshbach

Hi Kevin, I admire, and share your enthusiasm for Andrew's pics!
Sadly, all my photos and videos are, mostly, good clean fun. As soon as I can, the videos will go up on YouTube, but as I'll probably appear to be an utter berk in them, the link won't be shared here

Oh, and the experience was epic and I'm glad to have been part of it

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

So watching the wedding made Mrs. Gor homesick. new [Re: Hizzout]
#253371 - 05/01/11 12:22 AM

I admit - after standing in line behind a borderline morbidly obese woman at Subway who ordered
her sandwich on "eye-talian" bread yesterday, I kinda missed not living here too.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Dude. You watch the news? As your doctor..... (nt) new [Re: Hizzout]
#253382 - 05/01/11 01:40 AM

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2589