Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME
#322298 - 02/20/14 08:36 AM

Is there a list of games that HBMAME supports that's not supported in MAME?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Big Karnak]
#322304 - 02/20/14 01:00 PM

Just a guess, any clone.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: redk9258]
#322309 - 02/20/14 04:21 PM

> Just a guess, any clone.

All of them?

I mean, if it's a graphics hack of Pac-Man where Pac-Man looks like Elvis and the levels are slightly different, does that count as a game HBMAME supports that's not in MAME?

Please clarify

If the question is "what absolutely does not have similar hardware driver in MAME" then the answer is probably more like monacogp.c and that's it.

Robbbert will be along shortly...

- Stiletto

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Stiletto]
#322354 - 02/21/14 08:47 AM

I'd like to look at a list of games that are supported in HBMAME but not supported in the official MAME. So I'd like to look at that list and find the games that would be of interest to me and then download them and try them out.

"HBMAME contains various hacks and homebrews that are not included in MAME." May I please see the list of those various hacks and homebrews.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#322365 - 02/21/14 01:01 PM

If you grab HBMAME source code you can start from HBMAME.LST file which contains the games which are *exclusive* and not in MAME......

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Mamesick]
#322415 - 02/22/14 08:25 AM

Thanks. I guess asking if there is a brief description of each hack/homebrew is pushing my luck? Ya know, like a brief history.dat for them, or something like that. Because most of the information on that source list does not include any description of the hack. It just says for example:

vectrgal /* T-Bone hack of Galaxian */

It says who the author of the hack is, but how is one supposed to know what this hack does. An author goes through the trouble of creating a hack, and then there's no description of it to attract and inform the gamer to his work. That's one of the many reasons why I like and appreciate the history.dat project...

Has anyone thought of making a history.dat file for HBMAME? To be able to display that history information for those games, HBMAME would have to be run through a front end since there is no user interface (UI) version of HBMAME, such as HBMAMEUI....

So since there's no official UI version of HBMAME, what do most of you guys use as a UI for HBMAME? M+GUI and QMC2 probably right?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#322439 - 02/22/14 08:33 PM

> Thanks. I guess asking if there is a brief description of each hack/homebrew is
> pushing my luck? Ya know, like a brief history.dat for them, or something like that.
> Because most of the information on that source list does not include any description
> of the hack. It just says for example:
>
> vectrgal /* T-Bone hack of Galaxian */
>
> It says who the author of the hack is, but how is one supposed to know what this hack
> does. An author goes through the trouble of creating a hack, and then there's no
> description of it to attract and inform the gamer to his work. That's one of the many
> reasons why I like and appreciate the history.dat project...
>
> Has anyone thought of making a history.dat file for HBMAME? To be able to display
> that history information for those games, HBMAME would have to be run through a front
> end since there is no user interface (UI) version of HBMAME, such as HBMAMEUI....

Don't think anyone's done that. Why not you? You'd probably want to ask for help at arcadecontrols forums too, a number of hacks originated there.

> So since there's no official UI version of HBMAME, what do most of you guys use as a
> UI for HBMAME? M+GUI and QMC2 probably right?

Yeap. Ironic that there isn't HBMAMEUI though, since Robbbert has been the updater of MESSUI

- Stiletto

Lord Nightmare
Speech Synth Berzerker
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: PA, USA
Send PM

#322770 - 03/02/14 08:11 PM

> Is there a list of games that HBMAME supports that's not supported in MAME?

There's one homebrew hack in MAME which has been in there forever, yet never removed (I'm not sure why), called "Major Havoc: Return to VAX"; Its interesting because it works on real hardware and requires a minor modification to the actual Major Havoc board to work: the major havoc board supports a tms5220 speech chip, yet all the released boards have that spot unpopulated (as well as the 'squeak' timer logic which changes the tms clock from 640khz to 720khz under software control); using the return to vax hack requires populating the 5220 chip as well as the missing glue logic.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Lord Nightmare]
#323613 - 03/21/14 10:08 AM

> > Is there a list of games that HBMAME supports that's not supported in MAME?
>
> There's one homebrew hack in MAME which has been in there forever, yet never removed
> (I'm not sure why), called "Major Havoc: Return to VAX"; Its interesting because it
> works on real hardware and requires a minor modification to the actual Major Havoc
> board to work: the major havoc board supports a tms5220 speech chip, yet all the
> released boards have that spot unpopulated (as well as the 'squeak' timer logic which
> changes the tms clock from 640khz to 720khz under software control); using the return
> to vax hack requires populating the 5220 chip as well as the missing glue logic.
>
> LN

I suspect there are quite a number of games, test roms and so on that should be moved from MAME to HBMAME. However I also suspect that certain persons would kick up a stink.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Stiletto]
#323614 - 03/21/14 10:14 AM

> > Has anyone thought of making a history.dat file for HBMAME? To be able to display
> > that history information for those games, HBMAME would have to be run through a
> front
> > end since there is no user interface (UI) version of HBMAME, such as HBMAMEUI....
>

If anyone wants to make a history.dat, go ahead. It won't be me, though. I'm happy to include one with the distribution though.

>
> > So since there's no official UI version of HBMAME, what do most of you guys use as
> a
> > UI for HBMAME? M+GUI and QMC2 probably right?
>
> Yeap. Ironic that there isn't HBMAMEUI though, since Robbbert has been the updater of
> MESSUI
>

I'm looking into adding a MAMEUI front-end to the next release. The only problem is that the MAME core is in a state of flux, so it might not make it to the next release. As of yesterday, MAMEUI worked with the current svn. By tomorrow, all that may have changed.

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Robbbert]
#323619 - 03/21/14 04:21 PM

Nice to hear. Looking forward to it.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

#323771 - 03/25/14 02:40 PM

> Nice to hear. Looking forward to it.

It is done. It says it is MAMEUI32 in the title and throughout the program, but it has the HBMAME icon. I can't be bothered to change the name and references in all the places it occurs. Hopefully that should be ok for you.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Loc: Italy
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Robbbert]
#323774 - 03/25/14 06:24 PM

WINUI.H there's a MAMEUINAME define IIRC which covers quite all.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Send PM

Re: List of games that HBMAME supports that's not in MAME new [Re: Mamesick]
#323816 - 03/26/14 11:00 AM

> WINUI.H there's a MAMEUINAME define IIRC which covers quite all.

Thanks, works!

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> HBMAME / ARCADE64 / MESSUI
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6172