Pages: 1

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

1,000th Post...
#326141 - 05/23/14 01:28 AM

So it's my 1,000th post here, which pretty much means nothing. Well, in reality, it means that I've posted a lot of useless shit since discovering MAME while being drunk in a drug and alcohol free dorm back in 1998 when I casually was looking for a copy of Mortal Kombat on my college's network and discovered MAME. Had no idea what it was, or how it worked, and asked all the stupid questions that every single newbie asks and pisses off the devs with.

Since then, I've graduated college, gotten a great job, bought a house, learned a small bit about coding which makes me really dangerous but allows me to modify MAME to my personal tastes, and recently put together a new system for a cabinet that I am FINALLY building this summer.

I have spent countless hours working on art, learning about vectors/rasters and how tracing a raster image in Illustrator allows me to rescale it with zero loss of quality for great cabinet art. Yes, my entire post is originating from a beer saturated brain while taking pain medication for the shoulder surgery I had, but damn, MAME is awesome. Love playing Super Street Fighter II without some dumb fucking Indian kid beating the shit out of me. Lol.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Jdurgi]
#326145 - 05/23/14 05:18 AM

Nikoms
This is the year!
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Chicawgo, USA
Send PM

#326345 - 05/29/14 06:34 PM

Congrats! I logged in just to post so I could remember where I was.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk - alcoholics go to meetings"

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#326379 - 05/31/14 03:35 AM Attachment: Capture.PNG 15 KB (0 downloads)

I honestly can't remember how I came across MAME but for some reason I think I was looking for a way to play Gauntlet. Spent a lot of time at mame.net, mame.dk and retrogames.com. My login still works, lol.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Randolph?... new [Re: Andrew]
#326419 - 06/01/14 08:42 AM

Andrew, Randolph... Couldn't you just have your screen-name as Randy?

"Hey ladies. My name is Randy, and I'm randy."

LEVEL-4

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Randolph?... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#326491 - 06/02/14 02:11 PM

> Couldn't you just have your screen-name as Randy

Maybe, but usually I'm not very creative with picking cool forum user names. And I wasn't overtly randy way back when.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

#326694 - 06/07/14 10:27 PM

*Delurk*

I remember you...........

Nice one...........

M.A.M.E does funny things to people........

Just take a look around the boards............

/delurk

This is what happens when cabby no fitty through door...
http://orc.mameworld.info

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Orc]
#327807 - 07/06/14 02:17 AM Attachment: orchard.png 137 KB (0 downloads)

> *Delurk*
>
> I remember you...........
>
> Nice one...........
>
> M.A.M.E does funny things to people........
>
> Just take a look around the boards............
>
> /delurk

> *Delurk*
>
> I remember you...........
>
> Nice one...........
>
> M.A.M.E does funny things to people........
>
> Just take a look around the boards............
>
> /delurk

Here's a blast from the past, cuz we remember you too Orchard

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Send PM

#327809 - 07/06/14 02:25 AM

In some strange paradox of the space-time continuum...the years seemingly fly by ever faster with age...but anyone who has been here since over a decade ago and is still posting...is part of the Original Batch™ and so mad props to ya bud

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Randolph?... new [Re: Andrew]
#327814 - 07/06/14 03:21 AM

> And I wasn't overtly randy way back when.

Yer hitting menopause.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: twisty]
#327815 - 07/06/14 03:21 AM

> Here's a blast from the past, cuz we remember you too Orchard

No shit, fuckin Orc comin out!

SecretAgentMan
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Orc]
#327819 - 07/06/14 05:18 AM

Bast

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

#327824 - 07/06/14 07:14 AM

Just checked my reg date- yep, over ten years for me. But I rarely post, mostly lurk. I fully agree with your time assessment. Dr. Sparkle of Chrontendo also said something about this recently.

> In some strange paradox of the space-time continuum...the years seemingly fly by ever
> faster with age...but anyone who has been here since over a decade ago and is still
> posting...is part of the Original Batch™ and so mad props to ya bud

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#327837 - 07/06/14 03:09 PM

> Just checked my reg date- yep, over ten years for me. But I rarely post, mostly lurk.
> I fully agree with your time assessment. Dr. Sparkle of Chrontendo also said
> something about this recently.
>
> > In some strange paradox of the space-time continuum...the years seemingly fly by
> ever
> > faster with age...but anyone who has been here since over a decade ago and is still
> > posting...is part of the Original Batch™ and so mad props to ya bud

I registered in August, 10 years ago. Missed it by that much.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#327839 - 07/06/14 03:56 PM

longer than 10 years for me... but is that when we had to re-register because the old boards went away? Has it really been that long?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: URherenow]
#327842 - 07/06/14 05:19 PM

> longer than 10 years for me... but is that when we had to re-register because the old
> boards went away? Has it really been that long?

just in under the wire, but back then I was considered "newbatch" because my previous haunt was Gridle's place on ZTNet.

- Stiletto

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#327843 - 07/06/14 06:59 PM

> I registered in August, 10 years ago. Missed it by that much.

To clarify further, the Original Batch comprised of everyone who was reg'd at the original ZT-net MW boards before transferring over to our very own messageboard system in the autumn of 2003...which incidentally used the same board software (just a newer version of it which I then modified to match the older one as closesly as possible using the Old School theme).

However there was a great influx of New Batch members who only showed up at MW once we had our own messageboard...but it's nice to see so many from that era still visiting here nonetheless...and there's very few active messageboards which have been around as long as us relatively speaking...so that's a testiment to the community I think

Additionally, MW is now technically owned by Rick from Dream Authentics who hosts the entire site and has done so for the past several months (no small feat considering the disk space it uses)...and TBH it likely wouldn't otherwise still exist if not for him and his very stable hosting environment. He has been very gracious as far as keeping the spirit of MW alive without turning it into a full-on commercial venture and still allowing it to be a community site...so definite kudos to him

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Stiletto]
#327844 - 07/06/14 07:26 PM Attachment: s.jpg 580 KB (0 downloads)

Can't find any new batch pics atm.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Stiletto]
#327845 - 07/06/14 08:00 PM Attachment: Konachan 86534 bloomers bow chibi ibuki_suika nyontase ribbons touhou white.jpg 345 KB (0 downloads)

> just in under the wire, but back then I was considered "newbatch" because my previous
> haunt was Gridle's place on ZTNet.

I'm sorry to disappoint you (and many others) but the New Batch is composed of exactly two persons. Or at least one person and something else. Although I'm unsure if Orc is a "person". That'd be Orc and me. Smitdogg prepared a graduation ceremony (I was Chewbacca) in the old boards. Everyone after Orc and me is "fresh batch" or newer. However the first time I saw "fresh batch" mentioned might have been like 6-7 years ago at least. Nerox, Nerox where are you.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Pi]
#327847 - 07/06/14 09:13 PM Attachment: New Batch Graduation.rar 682 KB (2 downloads)

I found it. You have to play them together. That was back when adding background sound on a post was simple.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#327854 - 07/07/14 01:24 AM

> Additionally, MW is now technically owned by Rick from Dream Authentics who hosts the entire site and has done so for the past several months (no small feat considering the disk space it uses)...and TBH it likely wouldn't otherwise still exist if not for him and his very stable hosting environment. He has been very gracious as far as keeping the spirit of MW alive without turning it into a full-on commercial venture and still allowing it to be a community site...so definite kudos to him

Yeah, especially considering the nasty nature of the Bin; no less that the traffic here is perhaps the slowest it's ever been.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Traso]
#327859 - 07/07/14 04:13 AM

I'm not sure where you get your stats or how you would know such a thing if you just registered last year.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#327866 - 07/07/14 07:04 AM

> I'm not sure where you get your stats or how you would know such a thing if you just
> registered last year.

What. You don't know that Traso is Severance Tax, M. Valentine..? As well as several other previously banned and disappeared entities, I'm sure. He's probably been here for longer than I have.

S

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#327867 - 07/07/14 07:06 AM

> > just in under the wire, but back then I was considered "newbatch" because my
> previous
> > haunt was Gridle's place on ZTNet.
>
> I'm sorry to disappoint you (and many others) but the New Batch is composed of
> exactly two persons. Or at least one person and something else. Although I'm unsure
> if Orc is a "person". That'd be Orc and me. Smitdogg prepared a graduation ceremony
> (I was Chewbacca) in the old boards. Everyone after Orc and me is "fresh batch" or
> newer. However the first time I saw "fresh batch" mentioned might have been like 6-7
> years ago at least. Nerox, Nerox where are you.

Pi if that's true, that means I am "nothing". And all these years I thought I was New Batch. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now

S

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Sune]
#327868 - 07/07/14 07:17 AM

Someone told me they thought he was MV but I was trying to get him to admit or deny it.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#327869 - 07/07/14 07:41 AM

> Someone told me they thought he was MV but I was trying to get him to admit or deny
> it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to cramp your style but it's not like he's trying to hide it.

S

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#327870 - 07/07/14 07:54 AM

I don't really keep up with troll traits or even remember anyone named Severance Tax. I do remember MV but don't remember any details aside from being a troll, everyone asking for his ban and him being good with covering up IP addresses/reregistering. I couldn't read a post and know it's him. It seems like MV used to say gay ass shit like "games of yesteryear" or am I thinking of a different sack of shit?

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#327871 - 07/07/14 08:04 AM

> I don't really keep up with troll traits or even remember anyone named Severance Tax.
> I do remember MV but don't remember any details aside from being a troll, everyone
> asking for his ban and him being good with covering up IP addresses/reregistering. I
> couldn't read a post and know it's him. It seems like MV used to say gay ass shit
> like "games of yesteryear" or am I thinking of a different sack of shit?

I don't know but "games of yesteryear" sure sounds like someone determined to be annoying, or at a minimum, different and interesting.

I can't say for sure but I think that M. Valentine was the one who drew a gregf-hoarding worthy schematic on top of a photo of a girl's lower back, outlining the infamous "plate" area.

S

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#327873 - 07/07/14 08:07 AM

Haha, I remember that now. I think that drove off the 1-2 possible female lurkers.

Sune
Connected
Send PM

#327874 - 07/07/14 08:13 AM

> Haha, I remember that now. I think that drove off the 1-2 possible female lurkers.

There was another one which I'm pretty sure was his as well but I can't remember the name, who was really overdoing it with sex/fetish talk, bondage stuff or whatever he or she liked to do, the name was something with latex or rubber or some shit. I think it was a girls name.. something Dolly? It's gone.

EDIT I somehow remembered - "Bekki Doll"

I don't know if M. Valentine would like Bekki (he was pretty specific about what he likes) but I think that Traso might be interested after what he said about selling guitars to married couples and stuff. You should make a dedicated forum for them, like one of Stefon's nightclubs, maybe they'll all come back at once and throw a huge party.

S

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#327890 - 07/07/14 09:19 PM

Perhaps I've been lurking for a long while.....not unheard of. Just from mentionings of days past, one could assume these days are pretty slow. I don't recall ever seeing someone say 'games of yesteryear'......

Bekkie Doll......I vaguely remember some freaky shit with that.....still wondering whether that was a girl....my spider-sense says maybe.....

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Traso]
#327895 - 07/07/14 11:11 PM

> Perhaps I've been lurking for a long while.....not unheard of. Just from mentionings
> of days past, one could assume these days are pretty slow. I don't recall ever seeing
> someone say 'games of yesteryear'......

That's right it's pretty slow here, we've had our golden age, priorities have changed. Yours too. But come on, own up to it, all those people were you. Why not. Post a list of names, it'll be fun. If anything happens, you can just come back later and do it again like you always have.

> Bekkie Doll......I vaguely remember some freaky shit with that.....still wondering
> whether that was a girl....my spider-sense says maybe.....

Über-curious/perverted sexpot sure, definitely not a girl.

S

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: Randolph?... new [Re: Traso]
#327896 - 07/07/14 11:27 PM

> > And I wasn't overtly randy way back when.
>
> Yer hitting menopause.

More like womenopause

S

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#327900 - 07/08/14 02:48 AM

> I don't really keep up with troll traits or even remember anyone named Severance Tax.
> I do remember MV but don't remember any details aside from being a troll, everyone
> asking for his ban and him being good with covering up IP addresses/reregistering. I
> couldn't read a post and know it's him. It seems like MV used to say gay ass shit
> like "games of yesteryear" or am I thinking of a different sack of shit?

Severance Tax appeared shortly after mogli was banned to protest the injustice. This was around the same time OldSchoolGamer/Vatican Knight, Greybeard, and various other trolls were being banned. All posts by the Severance Tax account were deleted.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#327901 - 07/08/14 02:54 AM

> > Haha, I remember that now. I think that drove off the 1-2 possible female lurkers.
>
> There was another one which I'm pretty sure was his as well but I can't remember the
> name, who was really overdoing it with sex/fetish talk, bondage stuff or whatever he
> or she liked to do, the name was something with latex or rubber or some shit. I think
> it was a girls name.. something Dolly? It's gone.

I miss Bekki Doll - always good for a laugh. A person born male who identified as a bi woman and had a thing for wearing shiny latex cat suits. I still don't know why s/he disappeared suddenly. I mean s/he disappeared once and then reappeared suddenly, but the second disappearance was permanent.

S/he has a web site, but it hasn't been updated in years, either: http://www.dollydigital.net/

Sune
Connected
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#327908 - 07/08/14 07:06 AM

> > I don't really keep up with troll traits or even remember anyone named Severance
> Tax.
> > I do remember MV but don't remember any details aside from being a troll, everyone
> > asking for his ban and him being good with covering up IP addresses/reregistering.
> I
> > couldn't read a post and know it's him. It seems like MV used to say gay ass shit
> > like "games of yesteryear" or am I thinking of a different sack of shit?
>
> Severance Tax appeared shortly after mogli was banned to protest the injustice. This
> was around the same time OldSchoolGamer/Vatican Knight, Greybeard, and various other
> trolls were being banned. All posts by the Severance Tax account were deleted.

Jeeez

I remember all of those. They can't possibly all be Traso.

S

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#327910 - 07/08/14 07:23 AM

> > > I don't really keep up with troll traits or even remember anyone named Severance
> > Tax.
> > > I do remember MV but don't remember any details aside from being a troll,
> everyone
> > > asking for his ban and him being good with covering up IP
> addresses/reregistering.
> > I
> > > couldn't read a post and know it's him. It seems like MV used to say gay ass shit
> > > like "games of yesteryear" or am I thinking of a different sack of shit?
> >
> > Severance Tax appeared shortly after mogli was banned to protest the injustice.
> This
> > was around the same time OldSchoolGamer/Vatican Knight, Greybeard, and various
> other
> > trolls were being banned. All posts by the Severance Tax account were deleted.
>
> Jeeez
>
> I remember all of those. They can't possibly all be Traso.
>
> S

OSG & Vatican Knight were the same person I believe, and is currently (can't think of his name, Ninjakid(?)).

Greybeard was just Paratech, and according to him -via PM- was never really banned but left voluntarily due to all the negativity, but I don't know about his new/most recent screen-name -Greybeard. Maybe he just went (back) into lurk mode.

What about that one guy with the bald guy in his avatar? It was a gif that had different things like an arcade cabinet, and a 'jerk-off' emoticon?

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Send PM

Re: 1,000th Post... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#327919 - 07/08/14 12:20 PM

> Just checked my reg date- yep, over ten years for me. But I rarely post, mostly lurk.
> I fully agree with your time assessment. Dr. Sparkle of Chrontendo also said
> something about this recently.
>
> > In some strange paradox of the space-time continuum...the years seemingly fly by
> ever
> > faster with age...but anyone who has been here since over a decade ago and is still
> > posting...is part of the Original Batch™ and so mad props to ya bud

You're all a bunch of old farts. Says the guy with Grandpa Mishima in his avatar. · · · · ·

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

#327925 - 07/08/14 04:12 PM

> Jeeez
>
> I remember all of those. They can't possibly all be Traso.

No, no. Only M.Valentine, mogli and Severance Tax are known to be the same person as Traso.

Greybeard was a reincarnation of paratech. He created the account not long after paratech was banned, but only used it for lurking, viewing attachments and private message for a few years. Then he started posting and got banned fairly quickly.

OldSchoolGamer got banned for being a cock, then re-registered as Vatican Knight, and got banned again for much the same reason.

Then there was the SamuraiFox guy who had the meltdown in the "I summon Bekki Doll" thread and got banned.

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Send PM

#328194 - 07/15/14 10:03 PM

Lets get this right......

You aint no person.......

Youz iz a feeling.....

Like the one you have a split second before things go tits up.....

Like you know you're gonna fuck up.....But it's too late......

Ask ya parents.......

They know it well..............

*Snick*

Orc
Send PM

#328195 - 07/15/14 10:07 PM

> > > just in under the wire, but back then I was considered "newbatch" because my
> > previous
> > > haunt was Gridle's place on ZTNet.
> >
> > I'm sorry to disappoint you (and many others) but the New Batch is composed of
> > exactly two persons. Or at least one person and something else. Although I'm unsure
> > if Orc is a "person". That'd be Orc and me. Smitdogg prepared a graduation ceremony
> > (I was Chewbacca) in the old boards. Everyone after Orc and me is "fresh batch" or
> > newer. However the first time I saw "fresh batch" mentioned might have been like
> 6-7
> > years ago at least. Nerox, Nerox where are you.
>
> Pi if that's true, that means I am "nothing". And all these years I thought I was New
> Batch. I'm going to cry myself to sleep now
>
> S

Thanks to The world cup I now know where you live.......

Shitole land.......

7 -1......7-1......7-1.....

Oh and heuet fer dermit...For de homeland......

HAW.............

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5093