MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Why is my download speed so dramatically affected by uploading?
#328106 - 07/12/14 12:54 AM

Like, I have 20 down (really more like 15 in practice), and .8 up - but when I upload to, say, Youtube or seed something, it goes down to less than 1Mbp down, and almost nill up. I swear this started very recently. I haven't changed hardware. I spent an hour with my (DSL) ISP tech support, and they couldn't figure it out.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Why is my download speed so dramatically affected by uploading? new [Re: Traso]
#328110 - 07/12/14 04:15 AM

> Like, I have 20 down (really more like 15 in practice), and .8 up - but when I upload
> to, say, Youtube or seed something, it goes down to less than 1Mbp down, and almost
> nill up. I swear this started very recently. I haven't changed hardware. I spent an
> hour with my (DSL) ISP tech support, and they couldn't figure it out.

I've just recently heard someone talk about that very thing in a YouTube video. They were trying to change from Chrome to Firefox, and liked FF more, but FF was doing 'something' unknown to their connection when they uploaded anything, while in Chrome everything was OK.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Why is my download speed so dramatically affected by uploading? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#328157 - 07/14/14 06:30 AM

> I've just recently heard someone talk about that very thing in a YouTube video. They were trying to change from Chrome to Firefox, and liked FF more, but FF was doing 'something' unknown to their connection when they uploaded anything, while in Chrome everything was OK.

Hmmm. I found nothing via Google before I posted here. I failed to mention I'm using IE11. Curious that Chrome wasn't showing issue.......

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Why is my download speed so dramatically affected by uploading? new [Re: Traso]
#328158 - 07/14/14 07:42 AM

> Hmmm. I found nothing via Google before I posted here. I failed to mention I'm using
> IE11. Curious that Chrome wasn't showing issue.......

& maybe now you'll realize just how much IE sucks.

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Why is my download speed so dramatically affected by uploading? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#328177 - 07/15/14 07:58 AM

> > Hmmm. I found nothing via Google before I posted here. I failed to mention I'm
> using
> > IE11. Curious that Chrome wasn't showing issue.......
>
>
> & maybe now you'll realize just how much IE sucks.

Oh hush. It still does what and looks how I want more than any other browser. It ain't like I upload or seed often (I always seed at least 1 to 1, but I don't download often). I was just curious why the malfunction.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 19 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1050