MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity!
#333985 - 10/30/14 05:19 AM

I wan... to raep u wif.. wif wourdz (Read that in the voice of Ren Hoëk)

Edited by Tomu Breidah (11/04/14 07:32 AM)

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity! new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#333990 - 10/30/14 07:05 AM

You have to admit that must get fucking annoying, all day every day. The guys who paced along right beside her for long periods of time are just straight up creepy.

I did think it was interesting that there were a few that didn't quite rise to the level of harassment. A couple of the "Have a good day"s sounded more friendly than harassing, even if it was a little friendlier than you'd necessarily want a stranger on a NYC street to be.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity! new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334001 - 10/30/14 01:25 PM

> I wan... to raep u wif.. wif wourdz

"Good morning."
"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU FUCKING RAPIST!!!!!"
"Uh, what?"

But seriously folks, I wouldn't like it if some random dude kept pace with me for minutes at a time. WTF?
Well, I guess it might be OK at a race. That's, that's about it.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity! new [Re: DMala]
#334013 - 10/30/14 05:52 PM

> The guys who paced along right beside her for long periods of time are just
> straight up creepy.

Yeah. She should've given him a purse to the face or something.

> I did think it was interesting that there were a few that didn't quite rise to the
> level of harassment. A couple of the "Have a good day"s sounded more friendly than
> harassing, even if it was a little friendlier than you'd necessarily want a stranger
> on a NYC street to be.

The hilarious part is that this woman is now being accused of being racist, because the majority of the guys shown are non-white.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: There's a sequel new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334016 - 10/30/14 07:04 PM

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/ebf5e34fc8/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man

Let me know if it's funny, page doesn't load for me

S

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: There's a sequel new [Re: Sune]
#334020 - 10/30/14 08:04 PM

> > I wan... to raep u wif.. wif wourdz
>
> http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/ebf5e34fc8/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man
>
> Let me know if it's funny, page doesn't load for me
It's a nice unofficial sequel. Gave me some chuckles. If you want me to be more specific, I'd give it a 6.628 index in the global Bobcat-Bjork scale, ranging from 38.2% Carlinesque and 991ppm look-who's-fat-now. Not as funny as "MAME is a condom" but definitely funnier than a compile error after 6 hours building UME in a P-133 sourced by a turboencabulator.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: There's a sequel new [Re: Sune]
#334023 - 10/30/14 09:16 PM

> > I wan... to raep u wif.. wif wourdz
>
> http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/ebf5e34fc8/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man
>
> Let me know if it's funny, page doesn't load for me
>
> S

I did happen to catch it on YouTube before it was pulled due to Copyright.

Yeah, it's funny.

LEVEL-4

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334027 - 10/30/14 10:00 PM

In case folks are curious how this viral video project started out, here is a link over to Democratic Underground thread where one of the posters provides a link to the Huffington Post article. The same thread on DU forum has some entertaining posts mixed in there.

I used to post there a few times myself. I mainly visit/lurk there to get any newsfeed links.

--
100 catcalls in a day. Experience how much fun this is NOT.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025729335
--

*excerpt/snip from Huff Po article and the project behind the viral video.

--
Rob Bliss of Rob Bliss Creative makes viral videos for a living and decided to use his craft to shine a light on street harassment, a pervasive issue affecting females around the world. Partnering with actress Shoshana B. Roberts and Hollaback, a nonprofit movement launched by activists to end street harassment, Bliss packaged his production as a PSA and offers viewers a different perspective on the problem.

"I felt like no one had ever really shown what it's like to experience street harassment, more or less," Bliss told The Huffington Post. "No one has -- from a third-party perspective, on the outside looking in -- been able to step back and look at it and watch it happen in front of them."

His intent, he said, was to offer an "unbiased" look at what many women experience on a daily basis. "No messaging. No judgement. Let people view it as it is and talk about," he added.

During filming, Bliss attached a GoPro camera to his back with a chest strap; he wore a yellow backpack, sunglasses and earbuds to look unassuming while walking five to 10 feet ahead of Roberts, who held two microphones in her hands. The actress wore simple clothes for the shoot: jeans and a black, crew-neck T-shirt.
--

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: R. Belmont]
#334028 - 10/30/14 10:12 PM

>>I did think it was interesting that there were a few that didn't quite rise to the
>>level of harassment. A couple of the "Have a good day"s sounded more friendly than
>>harassing, even if it was a little friendlier than you'd necessarily want a stranger
>>on a NYC street to be.

>The hilarious part is that this woman is now being accused of being racist, because the
>majority of the guys shown are non-white.

The viral video producer may overlooked the consequences/fall out when he made this and left in the most obnoxious parts and left off other segments. The editing makes it look like non-whites only cause problems. It's too bad the actress that participated gets the blame when it should be the video producer that should be in trouble for the way it was edited/released. Other news articles have pointed out his other edited video clips having a slant against various other groups.

--
http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Rob Bliss of Rob Bliss Creative makes viral videos for a living and decided to use his craft to shine a light on street harassment, a pervasive issue affecting females around the world. Partnering with actress Shoshana B. Roberts and Hollaback, a nonprofit movement launched by activists to end street harassment, Bliss packaged his production as a PSA and offers viewers a different perspective on the problem.
--

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: gregf]
#334031 - 10/31/14 12:04 AM

> The editing makes it look like non-whites only cause problems.

Is that true? I was under the impression they included every response to her, which is why is was so long and monotonous.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: gregf]
#334032 - 10/31/14 12:22 AM

> Rob Bliss of Rob Bliss Creative makes viral videos for a living

Stop right there.

"Viral" and "for a living" should NEVER go together.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: TriggerFin]
#334035 - 10/31/14 01:24 AM

> "Viral" and "for a living" should NEVER go together.

Many CDC researchers would take issue with that.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: DMala]
#334040 - 10/31/14 05:18 AM

> > "Viral" and "for a living" should NEVER go together.
>
> Many CDC researchers would take issue with that.

ZING!

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: There's a sequel new [Re: Pi]
#334061 - 10/31/14 05:47 PM

> > > I wan... to raep u wif.. wif wourdz
> >
> > http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/ebf5e34fc8/10-hours-of-walking-in-nyc-as-a-man
> >
> > Let me know if it's funny, page doesn't load for me
> It's a nice unofficial sequel. Gave me some chuckles. If you want me to be more
> specific, I'd give it a 6.628 index in the global Bobcat-Bjork scale, ranging from
> 38.2% Carlinesque and 991ppm look-who's-fat-now. Not as funny as "MAME is a condom"
> but definitely funnier than a compile error after 6 hours building UME in a P-133
> sourced by a turboencabulator.

Laughing effing out loud! Goddamit Pi!

(I have a cough and a sore throat. Laughing effing out loud causes great pain)

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: There's a sequel new [Re: jeremymtc]
#334063 - 10/31/14 07:15 PM

> (I have a cough and a sore throat. Laughing effing out loud causes great pain)

Then I urge you to learn spanish ASAP and read my messages in the spanish forum I visit from time to time, read them before the throat gets better or you'll miss the experience!

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented new [Re: Gor]
#334086 - 11/01/14 03:26 AM

I don't consider an expression of appreciation harassment. It might be imposing, but only because they didn't ask for that in particular; if it's something they think is okay, then of course it's a great thing. Now, beyond the first exclamation, that is harassment.

As to ethnicity, I bet most if not all those who did were not Caucasian. Why? Because white boys are pussies when it comes to such things, and being vocal about a female's good looks is part of black, and somewhat Hispanic, culture. I'm not saying that manifestation is good; it's a manifest of ego; they do think they're entitled to something, at least just in their appreciation of that thing.

Now when it's me expressing appreciation, it's from a Classical aesthetic, and from a position of Mage. They should allow themselves to be 'invoked' by me (or anyone, male/female/alien, of similar capacity).

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Chick gets complimented new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334141 - 11/02/14 08:50 AM

To me, when I read some of the remarks of those that say that the guys that are "Harassing" are doing it to put the woman down.... As if it's to be condescending? I don't get this. Does not compute!

This is just another way the Liberal Mind has backwards thinking. -IMO.

Or, are we to assume that they all have an ulterior motive? Is it to get her in the sack? I don't think so. We can't read the minds of everyone. Although, I'd say it's extremely likely that was the motivation of the guy that followed her, asking for her number, etc.

The other guy that walked along side her for 5 minutes was just an idiot. But then again, she never did say anything to the guy -as far as we know. Is not denying something the same as acknowledging/approving? eta: I'd suspect that she was directed to not say anything to anyone, no matter what. She is an actress after all.

Or, are they -by pointing out her good looks/attractiveness- putting her on the level of a sexual object? Or, are we all some of us making the mistake of equating 'beauty' with 'easy/promiscuous/slutty'?

Aaaand finally, the Donations. The mind can go through all sorts of scenarios of ways to enforce the 'thought police'... AND nullify the 1st Amendment (freedom of speech) -I guess. Will the money be used to hire body guards to follow attractive women around all day and rough up anybody that looks in their general direction (also, where do I sign up for such a job)? Will it be to bribe heterosexual men to keep their opinions to themselves? Will it go towards castration centers?

The 'Battle' won't be won on the streets (if that's even where they thought they could fight it). Males will be males. Any teaching / training has to begin when they're young and at home... To (I guess) respect women....? And presume that even telling a female that she is pretty, no matter how obvious it is that she went the extra mile to make herself look nice, or perhaps she's just naturally attractive, it could make her feel uncomfortable, regardless of your sincerity.

Or maybe it's just complimenting while on the street? #StreetHarassment

So, we can compliment women only while they're in doors now?

No, that would start #ShopHarassment #ParkingGarageHarassment #SubwayHarassment

Edit: This is regarded as feminist propaganda. I guess the idea behind Feminism is that women are strong (willed), they don't need any help, being nice to women is condescending, and being "rude" to them makes you a misogynist motherfucker.

They're strong, but can't handle being (what they perceive as) being talked down to.

Mmmm kay....?

Thinking of myself, if I were to be complimented while walking for a long time (thus, also increasing the likelihood of being complimented), I can see why it could be considered bothersome. But would I feel threatened? Depends on how persistent someone could get. BUT! I'd also have to take into account if I possess any attractive features.

Enough rambling.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (11/02/14 09:57 AM)

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#334143 - 11/02/14 10:02 AM

> Is not denying
> something the same as acknowledging/approving?

Absolutely NOT. "Yes" means "Yes" and NOTHING ELSE means "Yes" (granted a deaf or mute person would have to sign or nod, but... it would still be communicating a "Yes").

Not that I agree with the video in the slightest. Free speech and all. If you don't want me to tell you I think you're sexy, then I don't give a shit. No amount of donations can/will change that.

And the guy walking along with her, although creepy as hell, wasn't violating her liberties or any laws. Any woman who wasn't making a video would have either stopped, changed direction, or told the guy to fuck off.

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

#334145 - 11/02/14 12:48 PM

> This is just another way the Liberal Mind has backwards thinking. -IMO.

I think it's extremely funny and disturbing how you think that has anything to do with "insert here political view" mind.

> Edit: This is regarded as feminist propaganda. I guess the idea behind Feminism is

The idea behind feminism is to regain rights that haven't been there for centuries. But it's not a bulk movement, it's really varied and one side has nothing to do with another. Some feminism deals with egalitarianism, some feminism is as bad as the opposite thinking that all males are the devil and should be emasculated (gaining feminist rights by taking them away from the evil males), and some feminism deals with "empowering" the women so they have a more pro-active life in society. As many movements, often the name has little to do with the name.

One thing you say is certainly true. The way we behave as adults has a lot to do with our view of the world when we are being educated. Education is a big part of all this problem. However we, as adults, can take decisions, and decide to change our views and attitudes. If after growing up, emancipate, get a job, involvement in sports/politics/mafia, and all that, you still think that women a sexual objects, or men are all evilness and can only think with their other, smaller head, then the problem is not your education, it's that you're an asshole.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Chick gets complimented new [Re: Pi]
#334148 - 11/02/14 04:35 PM

> > This is just another way the Liberal Mind has backwards thinking. -IMO.
>
> I think it's extremely funny and disturbing

I doubt that. >:-]

> how you think that has anything to do
> with "insert political view here" mind.
>

Well, not so much 'Political' (otherwise, I would've said 'Democratic' mind) as it is Social. In this case, the Feminist (or, as long as we're going in the general direction of ridicule) the "Feminazi" mind. Where the claim is made that compliments should be taken as derogatory remarks, when in reality (or, at least in the mind of said males) it is actually praise. This is what I was referring to as backwards thinking.

So, stripped of any political or social labels, there's still the quality of backward thinking present.

But, if I'm wrong, then I'm fine with that.

eta: I probably was categorizing feminism as a branch on the Liberal limb on the tree of Politics/Social Activism, or whatever. If that's not a fair example, then I can't think of what else would be.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (11/03/14 11:01 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

OtMoW new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334154 - 11/02/14 07:14 PM

> Well, not so much 'Political' (otherwise, I would've said 'Democratic' mind) as it is
> Social.

Politic:
2. contrived in a shrewd and practical way; expedient:
a politic reply.

1375-1425; late Middle English politik < Middle French politique < Latin polīticus < Greek polītikós civic, equivalent to polī́t (ēs) citizen (see polity ) + -ikos -ic

We tend to not normally mean that in common usage of "political," but it really doesn't mean "dealing with the government." The governmental sense evolved from the original. We still use "polite," but other forms are dying out.

Rolling Stones: "Use all your well-learned politesse..." [manners]

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Ok, ok. Fine. I'll chime in. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334155 - 11/02/14 07:29 PM

Here's my take on the situation.

1. In a big city, multiple cultures and classes co-exist and mingle on the streets as they move about the city. As a result... people with "class" have to co-exist with people who don't. People who lack "class" will catcall and whistle... as if that has ever picked up a classy woman. "Classy" people find it creepy, because how can you tell a harmless cat-caller from a creep who'll start... I dunno... following you for five minutes.

2. "Classless" woman may be flattered by such attention. I imagine catcalls must occasionally score some digits, or else why is this practice so prevalent. But as a rule, a "classy" woman is threatened by aggressive interaction.

3. Yes, even saying hello in a big city is aggressive. As a rule, while milling around the streets of a city, you don't even make eye contact with strangers, let alone randomly holler out salutations. That breaks the anonymous "personal space" people respect while in crowds. In a small town, this same behavior would be considered rude... you should say hello to people you pass... because you may only pass a few now and then... and odds are they are friends of your cousin... and you aren't passing hoards of anonymous people every second. Criminals take advantage of this social normal all the time... and often begin the mugging with some friendly banter to get close into your personal space... so ANY random stranger saying hello to me in a big city automatically puts me into a defensive mindset... as a woman, that's even more scary.

3. Is it racist that every response was a non-white? If the video edited out any whites catcalling her, then yes, there would be a racial bias... but to my knowledge there wasn't a selection bias... he included every audible response she generated. If every audible response was included in the video (which is my current understanding) then it is what it is, and not racist, but instead is a snapshot of reality. Our PC culture is so race-sensitive, we can't even call it like it is. Even police reports leave out race anymore... which is PC to the point of being stupid. I've heard reports read like "He was a male, about 6'4" wearing a grey shirt and blue jeans." Did he have any skin or hair? You can change your shirt... but not your skin. Which is more important to find the guy?

That all being said, here's a story for your listening pleasure.

Before Gatinha and I were married, when we were just dating... she used to have to walk to work through a suburban (note: not a big city) area everyday... and everyday the construction workers on a new house would catcall and holler out at her... which scared her since it was her daily route. So me, being the man, offered to walk her to work one day... and sure enough... even with a male escort, they were hollering out at her... So I walk up to the construction site with the intent of confronting the guy and point out what a classless boob he was being. What I didn't plan (and I don't know why I didn't see it coming) was that I wouldn't be talking to just one Joe, but the whole crew wanted to hear what wisdom I wished to impart. Something about talking to a mob holding hammers makes a guy real humble and polite. Needless to say, the best solution was for her to walk the long way around to work every day after that.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Ok, ok. Fine. I'll chime in. new [Re: GatKong]
#334166 - 11/03/14 06:17 AM

> Needless to say, the
> best solution was for her to walk the long way around to work every day after that.

I'd just say something like this: "Look guys, I'm sure you mean no harm, but the wolf whistles are making my lady uncomfortable. You would not like your lady / daughter feeling uncomfortable like this. Please stop."

If they were decent guys (most are) then they might apologise and say "Sorry, we meant no harm. You just looked mighty fine walking past ....".

But if they didn't stop, how far do you want to take it ? If they got nasty or gave attitude with the above request, you could see their foreman. And if he didn't take it seriously, you could see his boss, and up it goes. Soon someone would clamp down on it.

I mean even from a safety perspective, construction workers should be keeping an eye on their work / what others are doing, not wasting time watching people walk by.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Ok, ok. Fine. I'll chime in. new [Re: Moose]
#334167 - 11/03/14 07:47 AM Attachment: DisneyFU.gif 100 KB (0 downloads)

> But if they didn't stop, how far do you want to take it ? If they got nasty or gave
> attitude with the above request, you could see their foreman. And if he didn't take
> it seriously, you could see his boss, and up it goes. Soon someone would clamp down
> on it.

Well, actually... I wrote a letter to the company complaining about the catcalls. Never got a reply... until a couple years later I needed some work done, and looked up a construction company in the phone book.

Gat "Hi, This is Gat, and I was wondering if we could talk about some work I need doing."

Company "I remember you. Your that ass hole who wrote a letter whining about some catcalls. Go fuck yourself." *Click*

Hmm... For a prick... he has a remarkable memory. Next company in the phone book looks nice too...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Ok, ok. Fine. I'll chime in. new [Re: GatKong]
#334168 - 11/03/14 08:10 AM Attachment: disney.gif 109 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

#334170 - 11/03/14 10:16 AM

Since you seem to have little to no respect for certain views and you insist on treat them in derisive terms, I'll refrain from posting my many arguments and explanations because that'll be food for the war room, and there's no need to waste them in such a way.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Send PM

#334171 - 11/03/14 01:17 PM

> Well, not so much 'Political' (otherwise, I would've said 'Democratic' mind) as it is
> Social. In this case, the Feminist (or, as long as we're going in the general
> direction of ridicule) the "Feminazi" mind. Where the claim is made that compliments
> should be taken as derogatory remarks, when in reality (or, at least in the mind of
> said males) it is actually praise. This is what I was referring to as backwards
> thinking.

These Feminazis are so annoying. I hate when you feel kinda bad for a not very good looking one and decide to pay her the ultimate compliment by sexing her up. Then, afterwards, she cries, runs away when you get distracted, and before you know it, the cops are at your door wanting to talk to you about "rape". It's so confusing, in your mind, you were just trying to compliment her by making her feel like a woman should feel. Why can't bitches just take a compliment anymore? Why would she put on those promiscuous clothes and socially drink if she didn't want a hot vitamin D injection? Fucking (or not, as the case may be) Feminazis are ruining the world with their backwards thinking.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#334173 - 11/03/14 01:49 PM

From what I tell, to me that'd be annoying. Sure, it's compliments and they don't hurt but unless I know you I don't want to just be randomly called out, I prefer to keep to myself.

Also that guy who was following her, I would have told him to stop following me because that crap scares the hell out of me.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#334183 - 11/03/14 05:11 PM

the general population is rife with idiots, misfits, criminals, antagonizers, etc. if you don't wish to deal with them, it's up to you to mitigate behaviors that elicit their attention. that's the reality of the world we live in - quit fucking moaning about it.

yes, it's sad that women can't walk through crowded cities wearing form-fitting clothing without getting harassed my morons, but that's life. just like you can't wear your favorite racist/homophobic/violent/hypersexualized/political flavored t-shirt amidst the general public without doing the same.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity! new [Re: jopezu]
#334185 - 11/03/14 05:58 PM

> yes, it's sad that women can't walk through crowded cities wearing form-fitting
> clothing without getting harassed my morons, but that's life. just like you can't
> wear your favorite racist/homophobic/violent/hypersexualized/political flavored
> t-shirt amidst the general public without doing the same.

Well, I hadn't really expected to see a rather conservative dress that isn't even remotely low-cut to be equated to someone wearing a racist, homophobic, violent, hypersexualized, or politically-charged shirt, but once again The Loony Bin manages to scrape a few more precious feet into the depths of depravity. Fuck you.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity! new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#334196 - 11/04/14 01:10 AM

> > yes, it's sad that women can't walk through crowded cities wearing form-fitting
> > clothing without getting harassed my morons, but that's life.

> Well, I hadn't really expected to see a rather conservative dress that isn't even
> remotely low-cut to be equated to someone wearing a racist, homophobic, violent,
> hypersexualized, or politically-charged shirt, but once again The Loony Bin manages
> to scrape a few more precious feet into the depths of depravity. Fuck you.

Uncalled for. Did Smittdog rape your mother? Someone rape your daughter or dog? The only thing said that could be construed as a comment directly related to the video there was the form-fitting clothing remark. The rest was a generalization and not the least bit false. It sounded like condemnation, not condoning... to me anyway.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: Chick w/ smoking hot figure gets complimented. Oh the humanity! new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#334201 - 11/04/14 04:20 AM

>a rather conservative dress

oh, the video i watched had a girl wearing a sleeveless cotton shirt that was a size or 2 too small, jeans that look like it took a pair of pliers and a blowdrier to get fitted properly, and knee-high leather boots. my point with the extreme corrollaries is that there's always a hungry demographic out there ready to give you attention, but thanks for trying to strawman my words there. it must be hard for you with all those randomly-placed statements of equality.

part of the problem is that you think her outfit is modest. over the last 60 years in our country, there's been a dwindling bar of standards on appearance and perception; the attitude and lack of respect is just part of the package. she wasn't walking up the street in a dental floss bikini, so she's perfectly ok right?

for the record, i don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that girl, or how she is dressed. but, if you're wanting to avoid sexual attention (especially the aggressive kind from guys that grew up on budweiser and hooters commercials), you have to pick your battles.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

"Similar" stunt... in Copenhagen. new [Re: jopezu]
#334203 - 11/04/14 06:08 AM

> part of the problem is that you think her outfit is modest.

All things are relative. Similar video but doesn't take place in New York, it's Copenhagen... and her outfit is a bit less conservative...

Edit to add:
But either way... imagine this model in New York. I'm pretty sure it'd incite a gang bang, and worse, some people would argue she had it coming. Discuss.

Actually... there's a similar video by the same artist but she's wearing a real shirt... and painted on jeans... but you know... even the Bin has its limits.

Edited by Gatinho (11/04/14 06:24 AM)

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

This dude is in a serious no win situation. new [Re: GatKong]
#334205 - 11/04/14 06:30 AM Attachment: damnedIfYouDont.jpg 305 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Chick gets complimented new [Re: Pi]
#334207 - 11/04/14 08:06 AM

> Since you seem to have little to no respect for certain views and you insist on treat
> them in derisive terms, I'll refrain from posting my many arguments and explanations
> because that'll be food for the war room, and there's no need to waste them in such a
> way.

Forget about labels. The word that I used in quotation marks was simply for an example that is used so often (and, again, I was going the route of ridicule since you claimed to find my thoughts "hysterical and frightening" -or whatever words you used, which I, myself, took as ridicule... so, tit for tat).

I'm wanting to focus on how someone can think a compliment is actually a derogatory remark, regardless of social affiliation/views. Fact: This is NO invention of my own. I've read numerous posts stating this idea on at least 3 different sites. 3 out of 4 sites, excluding this one.

Comments on YouTube,

the Model's facebook page (her friends posts),

and the huffingglue post message board. (or whatever Gregf linked to)

Here's a thought.... It isn't really backwards thinking at all. Instead it's a convenient LIE to justify their self proclaimed status as "victims". They're so desperate to feel they have a legitimate cause that they've convinced themselves of a ridiculous notion. Thus, the LIE gives way to 'Backwards Thinking'.

I'm not saying 'Feminism' isn't a just cause. I was only equating the notion that compliments are actually demeaning... and (more or less) pegging that to something only a "Feminazi" would resort to. I hope at this point it makes sense now.

Think of whatever group of people you have, and the extremist fringe you have in that group.

Feminists ≠ "Feminazi". Are we clear?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: "Similar" stunt... in Copenhagen. new [Re: GatKong]
#334209 - 11/04/14 09:53 AM

> > part of the problem is that you think her outfit is modest.
>
> All things are relative. Similar video but doesn't take place in New York, it's
> Copenhagen... and her outfit is a bit less conservative...

Sure, nobody said anything, sure she didn't get catcalled and creeped on like in NYC, but don't you see?! Men are just unable to control themselves, and people are assholes that you just have to deal with and blah blah blah *vomits a pile of shit onto the keyboard*

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: "Similar" stunt... in Copenhagen. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#334218 - 11/04/14 05:24 PM

yep, in nyc, the public crowd will be rife with the poor, jobless and homeless, and you can expect aggressive attention for a variety of reasons, not the least of which will be provocative attire on an attractive woman - the 1st video is proof of this.

but now, you're strawman-ing again; covertly trying to assert that my argument is that men everywhere will be unable to control themselves and harass women should they dress down, and you're trying to use the 2nd video as leverage against it. you keep fabricating points that nobody is contesting, and then using it as an excuse to go on incendiary ad hominem attacks. it must be the reason that everybody loves you wherever you go.

xoxo

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4902