Pages: 1

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Maybe
#334421 - 11/11/14 01:46 PM

Maybe you don't need to be a hot chick in tight clothes. Maybe you don't need to be a hot man looking for job. Maybe people are just wanting to seek any excuses to act like jerks, in New York and in Nowhere Village, NZ.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Maybe new [Re: Pi]
#334426 - 11/11/14 03:43 PM

If we were to follow the logic of a particular social view that seen the attractive woman as appearing to be complimented, but was actually being insulted - then we can figure that what appeared to be insults were actually warm and friendly greetings and comradery.

LEVEL-4

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: Maybe new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334431 - 11/11/14 04:36 PM

> If we were to follow the logic of a particular social view that seen the attractive
> woman as appearing to be complimented, but was actually being insulted

I don't know what twisted paths in your mind make you say such things, but I don't think there are many social views like that. You keep distorting things to meet your agenda. No one said that compliments are insults. No one even said anything about compliments. It was harassment. If you think the people in all these vids wanted to make a honest compliment and nothing else, or they wanted to be comrades and nothing else, well go back to primary school.

And I don't think a woman should wear a burka if she doesn't want to have such a harassment. It's not like it's her fault. She wasn't dressing like a slut or anything. However, when someone opens their mouth, they should be responsible of what and how they say. If someone I don't know and I have ZERO reasons to like, comes to me in the subway telling me that I'm hot and we should come along, I would feel disgusted equally, not flattered. It's not like you are crossing a famous sportsman and tell him "hey dude you're the bomb, keep that way!" but more like you're getting into the personal space. And addressing anyone in such familiar terms like "hey cutie" or "you're god's greatest creation honey" wether it's followed by "wanna go home with me" or not, or if you have a physical problem and the idiot in the corner tell you "hey moby dick watch out for ahab", they deserve being punched in the face. Why? Because maybe that way next time they'll think twice before opening their mouth.

PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE OFTEN, IT'S HEALTHY FOR THEM. You're lucky this is just a post and you're nowhere near me.

Keep the compliments and flattering for people you know will expect them. Not many people like to be judged by their looks alone.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#334440 - 11/11/14 10:37 PM

> > If we were to follow the logic of a particular social view that seen the attractive
> > woman as appearing to be complimented, but was actually being insulted
>
> I don't know what twisted paths in your mind make you say such things,

Sarcasm?

I'll have to assume at this point that you have not come across any posts/comments/replies on various other sites that portray this idea. It's no invention of my own.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017225604#post1

Quote:

All those poor little catcalling males portrayed as total jerks when they were only giving compliments.

I just threw up a little in my mouth as I typed that.

> but I don't
> think there are many social views like that. You keep distorting things to meet your
> agenda. No one said that compliments are insults.

Not believing that some of the things that were said to the lady were sincere compliments.... As if it were the Male's way of putting the attractive lady on the level of some animal. This is no invention of my own. As you can see in the above, quoted post. If you don't think this is what that person is conveying - then feel free to say what you think it means. This is where I'm getting this idea of 'compliment = insult'. Just because you haven't seen/read such remarks (before) doesn't mean they don't exist.

No one even said anything about
> compliments. It was harassment. If you think the people in all these vids wanted to
> make a honest compliment and nothing else, or they wanted to be comrades and nothing
> else, well go back to primary school.

While I do think the 'dudes' were being sincere and honest about how they felt the lady looked, I can see how the lady can see the "compliments" as harassment. Does this mean you're starting to get through to me?

I'm just saying that no ill intention should be focused on anyone that says things like; "Have a nice day." or "Hey beautiful!" They could've said something as innocent as "Hi." So, let's not draw parallels from someone being friendly to actual harassment... And there were indeed a few instances in the (other) video where there was harassment. Nothing too sleezy (definitely creepy!), but that's not to say it never happens.

I can think they were jerks for doing something I wouldn't have half the guts to even try. But I'm not them. They would have just enough right to think I'm a wimp, or a sissy for not saying something.

-----------------

>
> when someone opens their mouth, they should be responsible of what
> and how they say. If someone I don't know and I have ZERO reasons to like, comes to
> me in the subway telling me that I'm hot and we should come along, I would feel
> disgusted equally, not flattered. And addressing anyone in such familiar terms like "hey
> cutie" or "you're god's greatest creation honey" wether it's followed by "wanna go
> home with me" or not, they deserve being punched in the face.
> Why? Because maybe that way next time they'll think twice before opening their mouth.
>
> PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE OFTEN, IT'S HEALTHY FOR THEM. You're lucky this is just a post
> and you're nowhere near me.
>
> Keep the compliments and flattering for people you know will expect them. Not many
> people like to be judged by their looks alone.

Are you the chief constable of the 'thought police'?

LEVEL-4

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#334443 - 11/12/14 12:29 AM

> > > If we were to follow the logic of a particular social view that seen the
> attractive
> > > woman as appearing to be complimented, but was actually being insulted
> >
> > I don't know what twisted paths in your mind make you say such things,
>
>
> Sarcasm?
>
> I'll have to assume at this point that you have not come across any
> posts/comments/replies on various other sites that portray this idea. It's no
> invention of my own.
>
> http://www.democraticunderground.com/1017225604#post1
>
> All those poor little catcalling males portrayed as total jerks when they were only
> giving compliments.
>
> I just threw up a little in my mouth as I typed that.
>
> > but I don't
> > think there are many social views like that. You keep distorting things to meet
> your
> > agenda. No one said that compliments are insults.
>
>
> Not believing that some of the things that were said to the lady were sincere
> compliments.... As if it were the Male's way of putting the attractive lady on the
> level of some animal. This is no invention of my own. As you can see in the above,
> quoted post. If you don't think this is what that person is conveying - then feel
> free to say what you think it means. This is where I'm getting this idea of
> 'compliment = insult'. Just because you haven't seen/read such remarks (before)
> doesn't mean they don't exist.
>
>
> No one even said anything about
> > compliments. It was harassment. If you think the people in all these vids wanted to
> > make a honest compliment and nothing else, or they wanted to be comrades and
> nothing
> > else, well go back to primary school.
>
>
> While I do think the 'dudes' were being sincere and honest about how they felt the
> lady looked, I can see how the lady can see the "compliments" as harassment. Does
> this mean you're starting to get through to me?
>
> I'm just saying that no ill intention should be focused on anyone that says things
> like; "Have a nice day." or "Hey beautiful!" They could've said something as innocent
> as "Hi." So, let's not draw parallels from someone being friendly to actual
> harassment... And there were indeed a few instances in the (other) video where there
> was harassment. Nothing too sleezy (definitely creepy!), but that's not to say it
> never happens.
>
> I can think they were jerks for doing something I wouldn't have half the guts to even
> try. But I'm not them. They would have just enough right to think I'm a wimp, or a
> sissy for not saying something.
>
>
> -----------------
>
> >
> > when someone opens their mouth, they should be responsible of what
> > and how they say. If someone I don't know and I have ZERO reasons to like, comes to
> > me in the subway telling me that I'm hot and we should come along, I would feel
> > disgusted equally, not flattered. And addressing anyone in such familiar terms like
> "hey
> > cutie" or "you're god's greatest creation honey" wether it's followed by "wanna go
> > home with me" or not, they deserve being punched in the face.
> > Why? Because maybe that way next time they'll think twice before opening their
> mouth.
> >
> > PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE OFTEN, IT'S HEALTHY FOR THEM. You're lucky this is just a
> post
> > and you're nowhere near me.
> >
> > Keep the compliments and flattering for people you know will expect them. Not many
> > people like to be judged by their looks alone.
>
>
> Are you the chief constable of the 'thought police'?

Dude, seriously, when are you going to learn? A man is not EVER allowed to initiate an interaction with a woman. Men need to sit is specially designated areas (not just anywhere; that would be harassment) and wait for women to come to them.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#334462 - 11/13/14 03:55 PM

I think there might be a bit of backwards thinking going on here (what he's talking about).

The thought process of whoever he's talking about must surely see compliments as being demeaning/insulting.

LEVEL-4

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Maybe new [Re: TriggerFin]
#334472 - 11/14/14 10:42 AM

> Dude, seriously, when are you going to learn? A man is not EVER allowed to initiate
> an interaction with a woman. Men need to sit is specially designated areas (not just
> anywhere; that would be harassment) and wait for women to come to them.

Fuckwitted hyperbole helps nobody, fuckwit.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#334473 - 11/14/14 10:44 AM

> > If we were to follow the logic of a particular social view that seen the attractive
> > woman as appearing to be complimented, but was actually being insulted
>
> I don't know what twisted paths in your mind make you say such things, but I don't
> think there are many social views like that. You keep distorting things to meet your
> agenda. No one said that compliments are insults. No one even said anything about
> compliments. It was harassment. If you think the people in all these vids wanted to
> make a honest compliment and nothing else, or they wanted to be comrades and nothing
> else, well go back to primary school.
>
> And I don't think a woman should wear a burka if she doesn't want to have such a
> harassment. It's not like it's her fault. She wasn't dressing like a slut or
> anything. However, when someone opens their mouth, they should be responsible of what
> and how they say. If someone I don't know and I have ZERO reasons to like, comes to
> me in the subway telling me that I'm hot and we should come along, I would feel
> disgusted equally, not flattered. It's not like you are crossing a famous sportsman
> and tell him "hey dude you're the bomb, keep that way!" but more like you're getting
> into the personal space. And addressing anyone in such familiar terms like "hey
> cutie" or "you're god's greatest creation honey" wether it's followed by "wanna go
> home with me" or not, or if you have a physical problem and the idiot in the corner
> tell you "hey moby dick watch out for ahab", they deserve being punched in the face.
> Why? Because maybe that way next time they'll think twice before opening their mouth.
>
> PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE OFTEN, IT'S HEALTHY FOR THEM. You're lucky this is just a post
> and you're nowhere near me.
>
> Keep the compliments and flattering for people you know will expect them. Not many
> people like to be judged by their looks alone.

I agree with all of this. Personally, I think Marc Randazza put it best: http://randazza.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/catcalling-is-for-genetic-refuse/

Of course, now I'll be dogpiled by creepy middle-aged dudes who feel their masculinity is threatened by the idea that they should be polite rather than horny dipshits.

Pi
Allergic to life
Send PM

Re: Maybe new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#334476 - 11/14/14 07:11 PM

> I agree with all of this. Personally, I think Marc Randazza put it best:
> http://randazza.wordpress.com/2014/11/01/catcalling-is-for-genetic-refuse/

I really can't agree with some stuff in there, but it's all about rights. Rights are not absolute. They are relative. Your right of free speech ends exactly where my right for dignity and peace starts, so if you:
a) Use the right of free speech,
b) Think you're doing me a favour, or
c) Fabricate any other feeble excuse to do what you want,

Then sorry, you're just explaining why you're a fucking idiot. And it doesn't matter if it's a guy catcalling a hottie, some proselitists trying to sell me a religion, the Westboro Baptist Church saying that God hates gays, or any other dumbshit fuckbag.

> Of course, now I'll be dogpiled by creepy middle-aged dudes who feel their
> masculinity is threatened by the idea that they should be polite rather than horny
> dipshits.

That's something I've never understood and I will never understand, why some males confuse stuff like that. I've been harassed in the past about that kind of things, like "be a man and drink some of it", or "don't run like a little girl and face him like a real macho" or even "he called you gay, if you're a true man you should kill him right here right now". Well, I'm ME, and I have my dignity which is mine, and not for everyone around me who's stupid enough to think they can stain it with some idiotic words. Last one who said "you look like a litte gay" got a "you say it as if it's a bad thing, are you homophobic" delivered instantly at a higher volume than he wanted for sure.

I have no need to be affirming every single day of my life that I'm male and hetero, and it certainly has nothing to do with fighting with the first cocksucker who puts my heterosexuality in question, or with drinking "stuff that grows hair in your chest", or with looking at the nearest hottie while drooling and tell her "hey nice cunt" thinking that will show everyone how macho I am and it will magically turn the hottie in my sexual slave.

And to end, there are as many retrograde women as there are men. Men might be more noisy sometimes, but sexism is rampant in both genders and I see around me young people who tend to repeat the same errors I have seen for so many years.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Maybe new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#334479 - 11/14/14 10:04 PM

> > Dude, seriously, when are you going to learn? A man is not EVER allowed to initiate
> > an interaction with a woman. Men need to sit is specially designated areas (not
> just
> > anywhere; that would be harassment) and wait for women to come to them.
>
> Fuckwitted hyperbole helps nobody, fuckwit.

If walking up to a woman on the street and saying hello is given as an example of harassment, then I'm pretty sure that what I said is fairly accurate.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Catcalling Stab victim new [Re: Pi]
#334572 - 11/22/14 12:16 AM

I'm not meaning to post this to get him more donations, but if anyone does decide to help him -then that's their business.

& besides, he has exceeded his goal. Maybe the extra $$ can go to hiring a bounty hunter.

http://www.gofundme.com/hit31k?fb_action_ids=871295170885&fb_action_types=og.shares

I thought of Gatinho and his hesitance to tell off the construction workers for their catcalling of Gatinha.

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3363