Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Remix OS for PC Version 3.0.206 is out.
#359607 - 10/12/16 02:58 PM

http://www.jide.com/remixos-for-pc#downloadNow

Way better than MEmu, Nox and many others. Why? It faster.

Don't worry about the partition the hard drive. Remix OS uses it own files to boot from.

The only problem that I have is replacing the root for a better one. I don't know how to replace it yet. They have the files locked.

Also I have this problem too. SD Maid won't run right. So I skip this app. Might be the Remix OS root issue.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

All that just to run android apps on your PC?........ (nt) new [Re: Dullaron]
#359629 - 10/13/16 08:34 PM

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

No kidding, right? [nt] new [Re: Traso]
#359647 - 10/14/16 10:44 AM

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: No kidding, right? [nt] new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#359655 - 10/14/16 09:06 PM

Yeah who would want to run software from another system on their PC's?! Thats just crazy talk

mike20599
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/14/08
Send PM

Have you compared it to Andy? new [Re: Dullaron]
#359662 - 10/15/16 10:04 AM

I use Andy for Android emulation. It works fairly well.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: No kidding, right? [nt] new [Re: lharms]
#359699 - 10/16/16 10:35 PM

> Yeah who would want to run software from another system on their PC's?! Thats just crazy talk

I'd need an example to get an idea. I don't do socmed, let alone on my phone; I can't imagine what else people would want.....

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: No kidding, right? [nt] new [Re: Traso]
#359703 - 10/17/16 04:11 AM

> > Yeah who would want to run software from another system on their PC's?! Thats just
> crazy talk
>
>
> I'd need an example to get an idea. I don't do socmed, let alone on my phone; I can't
> imagine what else people would want.....

Have you heard of this cool program called MAME? It lets you run software from other systems on your computer. You should check it out its pretty cool.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: No kidding, right? [nt] new [Re: lharms]
#359705 - 10/17/16 07:05 AM

> Have you heard of this cool program called MAME? It lets you run software from other
> systems on your computer. You should check it out its pretty cool.

I understood you original sentiment. As MAME is indigenous to PC, I have no idea what you're now talking about.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: No kidding, right? [nt] new [Re: Traso]
#359707 - 10/17/16 09:02 AM

> I understood you original sentiment. As MAME is indigenous to PC, I have no idea what
> you're now talking about.

Android OS runs in general on ARM processor based computers. In case you have missed the last 10 years, owning a smartphone isn't only about social media. There are apps (mostly games) you can't run on x86/x64 PCs because there aren't Windows ports and you also get the benefit of running apps with the highest resolution possible (high definition graphics included). You can also enjoy apps without draining your phone battery nor get interrupted by a phone call. If you already have a powerful PC and you don't want to spend on a tablet it's also a good alternative.

I have yet to test any other Android emulators, but for now I stick to Andy OS because it lets me use my smartphone as a remote controller for games I need multi-touch and tilt controls.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Ahhhh....games...... new [Re: BIOS-D]
#359757 - 10/20/16 03:39 AM

I thought of that. I play nothing outside of old arcade, and thought someone might come and give me a detailed answer. Just took a little prodding.

I use my phone mainly for calls and text. Occasionally for email and surfing. Tablet would be only the latter two.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: What else? new [Re: Traso]
#359783 - 10/21/16 06:23 AM

It's a proven fact you have no friends, if you don't web browse on your phone and you don't know what to do with a smartphone, that means you either have an old Nokia, a Sony Ericsson or a Motorola Startac as phone.

Just now I found the surprise my Samsung S3 Mini isn't supported for the new Plants vs Zombies Heroes. That means I should make use of an emulator if I want to play it while I buy a new phone. Yet another use for Andy.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: What else? new [Re: BIOS-D]
#359798 - 10/21/16 09:19 PM

> It's a proven fact you have no friends, if you don't web browse on your phone and you don't know what to do with a smartphone, that means you either have an old Nokia, a Sony Ericsson or a Motorola Startac as phone.

> Just now I found the surprise my Samsung S3 Mini isn't supported for the new Plantsvs Zombies Heroes. That means I should make use of an emulator if I want to play it while I buy a new phone. Yet another use for Andy.

Confirmed fact. And, it isn't. Though, guess what?, most of my friends are homo males, who don't want my bod, two of whom aren't dim but aren't particularly intellectual, and who find me novel. Three of them are seniors, one of them a Buddhist, vegetarian, Dem. His husband is a Rep, and [digs] hanging with me.

What's cute is I was thinking of exactly this response last night, though not to this possible recipient.

I have an LG K7, yo. I prefer using a desktop and 32" screen for general net use.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Got the root replace and read/write permission file replace as well. new [Re: Dullaron]
#359848 - 10/23/16 06:29 PM

Using this tool and file here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/remix-os/rmxtools-remix-os-data-img-t3308158

Don't even need use the sfs anymore after repack into a new img.

I don't use the players anymore. Just this. Why because the OS is quicker than the players.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2200