MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

New series tonight BBC... Dirk Gently's etc.
#359826 - 10/22/16 07:45 PM

This is a Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's GttG) creation, for those who haven't heard of it.

I read the relevant books many millennia ago. Is there any indication that this series either is or isn't worth watching?

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: New series tonight BBC... Dirk Gently's etc. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#359839 - 10/23/16 09:14 AM

> This is a Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's GttG) creation, for those who haven't heard
> of it.
>
> I read the relevant books many millennia ago. Is there any indication that this
> series either is or isn't worth watching?

The series is decent, and worth a watch if you're an Adams fan. I wouldn't call it spectacular (to use a random superlative) by any stretch but there are worse uses of viewing time. The episode plots only lightly touch on the material in the books, and some liberties have been taken with the characters, but I found it mostly enjoyable.

Edited by jeremymtc (10/23/16 09:15 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: New series tonight BBC... Dirk Gently's etc. new [Re: jeremymtc]
#359841 - 10/23/16 11:03 AM

> > This is a Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's GttG) creation, for those who haven't
> heard
> > of it.
> >
> > I read the relevant books many millennia ago. Is there any indication that this
> > series either is or isn't worth watching?
>
>
> The series is decent, and worth a watch if you're an Adams fan. I wouldn't call it
> spectacular (to use a random superlative) by any stretch but there are worse uses of
> viewing time. The episode plots only lightly touch on the material in the books, and
> some liberties have been taken with the characters, but I found it mostly enjoyable.

Well, the only thing I remember about HDA and LDT is that I read them. They're in a box somewhere right now. I even had to Google to confirm they were Adams.

So the episode that just aired is about 10 hours down (up) my DVR list.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: New series tonight BBC... Dirk Gently's etc. new [Re: jeremymtc]
#359842 - 10/23/16 11:22 AM

> > This is a Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's GttG) creation, for those who haven't
> heard
> > of it.
> >
> > I read the relevant books many millennia ago. Is there any indication that this
> > series either is or isn't worth watching?
>
>
> The series is decent, and worth a watch if you're an Adams fan. I wouldn't call it
> spectacular (to use a random superlative) by any stretch but there are worse uses of
> viewing time. The episode plots only lightly touch on the material in the books, and
> some liberties have been taken with the characters, but I found it mostly enjoyable.

You sure you're talking about the 2016 series that premiered tonight on BBC America with Elijah Wood? Or the older 2012 series?

- Stiletto

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: New series tonight BBC... Dirk Gently's etc. new [Re: Stiletto]
#359851 - 10/23/16 09:29 PM

> > > This is a Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's GttG) creation, for those who haven't
> > heard
> > > of it.
> > >
> > > I read the relevant books many millennia ago. Is there any indication that this
> > > series either is or isn't worth watching?
> >
> >
> > The series is decent, and worth a watch if you're an Adams fan. I wouldn't call it
> > spectacular (to use a random superlative) by any stretch but there are worse uses
> of
> > viewing time. The episode plots only lightly touch on the material in the books,
> and
> > some liberties have been taken with the characters, but I found it mostly
> enjoyable.
>
> You sure you're talking about the 2016 series that premiered tonight on BBC America
> with Elijah Wood? Or the older 2012 series?
>
> - Stiletto

Oh, damn. Was talking about the 2012 series... I had no idea that there was a new one. Must find now.

Thanks Stiletto!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 11 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1365