Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar
#367648 - 07/09/17 01:46 PM

win 10 x64, I7 3.60 ghz, 16 gb ram, geforce gtx 970 4gb

..with that out of the way, i've been experiencing crashes on mameui since 185 or so,namely:

1) typing any game in the search bar longer than 3 characters, will crash mame. for example, i was looking for a samurai shodown game, i just typed "sam",and mame crashes.if I type "sa", the emu will still go,any other character after that will crash it

2)when highlighting a game,and suddenly choosing another one,(not running them, just clicking once on them,to see the history description etc) will crash the emu

3)the emu will start in a full screen,but the game list is shrunken to the left and impossible to see,unless i resize the windows.

none of these ever happened in the 10+ years i used mameui..

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: Solstar]
#367649 - 07/09/17 02:12 PM

-

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: Robbbert]
#367656 - 07/09/17 04:32 PM

> > win 10 x64, I7 3.60 ghz, 16 gb ram, geforce gtx 970 4gb
> >
> > ..with that out of the way, i've been experiencing crashes on mameui since 185 or
> > so,namely:
> >
>
> Unable to replicate any of that with current git. If it crashes when single-clicking
> a game, you need to tell me exactly what game. There's too many to start guessing.

it doesn't matter the game, clicking any game and then immediately clicking another will do that

i delete the entire mame folder and created a new one, so new ini, cfg and whatnot..same issue :\

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: Solstar]
#367657 - 07/09/17 04:59 PM

I cannot replicate this either. No crash for me.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

#367666 - 07/09/17 09:41 PM

this is the error I get,to be more specific,before the crash

http://imgur.com/a/S7LdL

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#367668 - 07/09/17 09:58 PM

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

That thread sort of explains what's happening to you. It's still being worked on I think. You must be hitting 1 of those drivers that triggers the assert. The other problems you had I can't reproduce either...

http://prntscr.com/ftlc45

If you hit the "Apricot XEN-LS II" at the top on my screenie, you'll get your error message right off.

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#367669 - 07/09/17 10:40 PM

> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
>
> That thread sort of explains what's happening to you. It's still being worked on I
> think. You must be hitting 1 of those drivers that triggers the assert. The other
> problems you had I can't reproduce either...
>
> http://prntscr.com/ftlc45
>
> If you hit the "Apricot XEN-LS II" at the top on my screenie, you'll get your error
> message right off.

well at least i'm.."glad" that i'm not the only one to experience this, I was thinking that it was my entire pc to have issues at this point

and yes i just tried clicking on apricot xen-ls and i got that error immediately, just as you said

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#367670 - 07/10/17 02:11 AM

-

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: Robbbert]
#367681 - 07/10/17 11:58 AM Attachment: apricot.png 55 KB (0 downloads)

I can replicate it with "Apricot XEN-LS II". Runtime error like above. Windows 7 64-bit.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

#367683 - 07/10/17 04:33 PM

> > >
> >
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
> > >
> > > That thread sort of explains what's happening to you. It's still being worked on
> I
> > > think. You must be hitting 1 of those drivers that triggers the assert. The other
> > > problems you had I can't reproduce either...
> > >
> > > http://prntscr.com/ftlc45
> > >
> > > If you hit the "Apricot XEN-LS II" at the top on my screenie, you'll get your
> error
> > > message right off.
> >
> > well at least i'm.."glad" that i'm not the only one to experience this, I was
> > thinking that it was my entire pc to have issues at this point
> >
> > and yes i just tried clicking on apricot xen-ls and i got that error immediately,
> > just as you said
>
> Not crashing in current git.

i am not using a git version, and probably won't unless there are pre-compiled version ready to use

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: redk9258]
#367684 - 07/10/17 04:34 PM

> I can replicate it with "Apricot XEN-LS II". Runtime error like above. Windows 7
> 64-bit.

hmm which incidentally, it says "samurai board"..and i have issue by just typing "sam" on the search bar

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

#367700 - 07/11/17 01:06 AM

Typing "sam" into search bar kills it too.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#367713 - 07/11/17 06:24 AM

It's nothing to do with the samurai portion of the title. It's from that being a derivative of an IBM PC driver.

I have no idea about only being able to type s-a-m before it crashes unless you have your game list & select column set to where it's hitting 1 that crashes it as you type it in. Can you type other titles out fully?

If I remember correctly, at 1st there were quite a few like this,(like around v185) including Neo-Geo I believe, but they've all slowly returned to working as usual either by being fixed on purpose or just inadvertent changes to the code that solved it. That is just my best guess mind you...

For now, if you wish to remove the ones that crash MAME from your lists, here are the 1s I know of. If anyone finds any more, add them to the list.

For certain, any of the drivers from these source files will crash it:
at.cpp
atpci
ec184x
iskr103x
poisk1
ps2.cpp

Any of the other IBM drivers work fine:
pc.cpp
amstr_pc
asst128
europc
ibmpc
ibmpcjr
m24
genpc
tandy1t
tosh1000.cpp

Also, the above drivers do not cause crashes in anything other than MAMEUI64 as far as I know. So if you need to use 1 of those just run it from the command line or internal UI or another UI of your choice...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Mameui crashes when typing any game longer than three chars on the search bar new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#367734 - 07/11/17 06:59 PM

> It's nothing to do with the samurai portion of the title. It's from that being a
> derivative of an IBM PC driver.
>
> I have no idea about only being able to type s-a-m before it crashes unless you have
> your game list & select column set to where it's hitting 1 that crashes it as you
> type it in. Can you type other titles out fully?
>
> If I remember correctly, at 1st there were quite a few like this,(like around v185)
> including Neo-Geo I believe, but they've all slowly returned to working as usual
> either by being fixed on purpose or just inadvertent changes to the code that solved
> it. That is just my best guess mind you...
>
> For now, if you wish to remove the ones that crash MAME from your lists, here are the
> 1s I know of. If anyone finds any more, add them to the list.
>
> For certain, any of the drivers from these source files will crash it:
> at.cpp
> atpci
> ec184x
> iskr103x
> poisk1
> ps2.cpp
>
> Any of the other IBM drivers work fine:
> pc.cpp
> amstr_pc
> asst128
> europc
> ibmpc
> ibmpcjr
> m24
> genpc
> tandy1t
> tosh1000.cpp
>
> Also, the above drivers do not cause crashes in anything other than MAMEUI64 as far
> as I know. So if you need to use 1 of those just run it from the command line or
> internal UI or another UI of your choice...

i can type other titles fully, but I tried to look for cruis'n usa the other day, i type C-r-u and at the "I" again same crash

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2201