View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

logan5
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/20/07
Send PM

Full Space Firebird Bezel?
#308457 - 05/08/13 07:14 PM

Hey all, anyone have a scan of the Space Firebird bezel, the one with the flames? Thanks!

jibmums
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/24/09
Send PM

Re: Full Space Firebird Bezel? new [Re: logan5]
#308463 - 05/08/13 11:27 PM

If anyone can make this available, please do! I need it too for a Space Firebird 3dArcade model (you can see just a little of the bezel in the pic below).

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Full Space Firebird Bezel? new [Re: jibmums]
#308529 - 05/10/13 01:01 PM

Hey jibmums, those 3d cabinets look awesome! What resolution are they and would it be possible to put them in a frontend? Are they available for download? They look like 3D Arcade Models. I'm always on the hunt for good cabinet art. Thanks!

Ramirez
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/10
Loc: Brasil
Send PM

#308530 - 05/10/13 01:06 PM

> Hey jibmums, those 3d cabinets look awesome! What resolution are they and would it be
> possible to put them in a frontend? Are they available for download? They look like
> 3D Arcade Models. I'm always on the hunt for good cabinet art. Thanks!

These are for a frontend:
http://www.mameworld.info/3darcade/

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Full Space Firebird Bezel? new [Re: Ramirez]
#308531 - 05/10/13 01:33 PM

Cool, thanks Ramirez! Are the highest resolution cabinets found in the models section of 3D Arcade? Do you know if the w3d and max files are higher res? I've got Crazy Climber on my desktop now and it's 300x550, does that sound right? Sorry everyone, I think I just hijacked my own thread!

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#308538 - 05/10/13 05:03 PM

Can't wait for the Depthcharge model. 3D Arcade rocks!

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308540 - 05/10/13 05:38 PM

> Hey jibmums, those 3d cabinets look awesome! What resolution are they and would it be
> possible to put them in a frontend? Are they available for download? They look like
> 3D Arcade Models. I'm always on the hunt for good cabinet art. Thanks!

Thanks, and they ARE for a frontend, specifically the 3dArcade frontend. Or at least, they will be once I finish them. I still have some textures to either find, scrub, or recreate: the Space Firebird bezel, sidearts for Head-On and Astro Fighter, bezel and cp for Pulsar, plus a few others. Here's a link to the WIP thread on the 3dArk forum: http://3darcade.messageboard.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3568

I'd also like to do Moon Cresta but I need a complete bezel setup for that one, as it's got side pieces stapled to the right & left insides of the cabinet that I can barely find bad images of, much less good ones.

Right now though, the project is on hold while I'm restoring my first pinball machine, a Williams Firepower.

Edited by jibmums (05/10/13 05:39 PM)

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308552 - 05/10/13 10:58 PM

Thanks for the link jibmums. I've got your Radarscope (2D) on my second monitor and it looks great! It seems that mostly only your models are of a higher definition on the 3DArcade site. I'll let you know if I find a good quality Space Firebird Bezel...

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308558 - 05/11/13 12:34 AM

> Thanks for the link jibmums. I've got your Radarscope (2D) on my second monitor and
> it looks great! It seems that mostly only your models are of a higher definition on
> the 3DArcade site. I'll let you know if I find a good quality Space Firebird Bezel...

Glad you like the models, but I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'higher definition'. Are you using the actual models within the 3dArcade setting, or did you just snag the pictures and use them as a screensaver or wallpaper? If you're not using the models with the frontend (which is the whole point of them), that's kinda like going to an arcade and just looking in the window. Use the frontend, it's fun!

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#308565 - 05/11/13 03:43 AM

Your models are great. I just wish I could figure out 3D Arcade. I've even downloaded the whole thing set up already. I guess I just don't have it in me

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Full Space Firebird Bezel? new [Re: Antny]
#308586 - 05/11/13 02:57 PM

Thanks Antny. Join the 3dArk forum, we have plenty of members who have already gone through the frustrating parts of setup and are eager to help. It's really not as difficult as it seems, especially if you have the help.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: Full Space Firebird Bezel? new [Re: Antny]
#308587 - 05/11/13 03:43 PM

HAHA. I remember I was so fustrated I emailed the devs like 5 times but I understand it basically now. Fell in love with it ever since. I will gladly try and help you if I can Antny.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308594 - 05/11/13 10:16 PM

I was just using the photos for another FE I have set up. 3DArcade is great and I had it setup at one point but I'm overseas now and using a laptop for my emu needs. It's not exactly a powerhouse and a few months ago I tried running 3DArcade on it and it & was having trouble. Thanks for the info though, I thought maybe there were good quality 2D images to use...

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308609 - 05/12/13 04:31 AM

You'll likely find better 2d files in the WIP section of the 3dArk forum.

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308617 - 05/12/13 12:42 PM

Sounds great, thanks! Where is the 3dArk forum? I looked on google but I'm not seeing anything which resembles arcade art...Thanks again jibmums!

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308619 - 05/12/13 02:01 PM

Here's a link, just as an example, to my WIP thread for the Taito models I did recently -

http://3darcade.messageboard.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3512

You can see that the pictures posted are much higher resolution than the ones on the models download page, which for whatever reason are kept small. What I would suggest though is, if you have 3dArcade up and running on your computer, use the print screen key (located right above the 'insert' key on your keyboard) while in an arcade, and make your own screenshots. That way you'll have pics of whatever games you choose, in an arcade setting, and at your native screen resolution.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 3D Arcade new [Re: Antny]
#308621 - 05/12/13 04:40 PM Attachment: 3darcadescreenshot.png 1269 KB (1 downloads)

Most of the problems I ran into were Windows 7 workarounds, and it took me longer to learn than any other application. But the end result was far worth it. If you can't afford air fare to CA Extreme, 3D Arcade is the next best thing.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308622 - 05/12/13 07:40 PM

Wow, that's a great idea jibmums and thanks for the link! I may reinstall 3DArcade on my laptop to do just that, thanks for the advice! I really have to dumb it down to run well but maybe I can score some pics with the method you suggested. Is the latest version 2.1 ?

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308623 - 05/12/13 07:59 PM

jibmums, I've got the 20th Anniversary files, do I need the original 3D Arcade as well? The original 2.1 looks to be over 4 gigs. The 10th is just over 2gb...

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308633 - 05/13/13 06:52 AM

Hmmmm, that I couldn't say, I installed it so long ago. I didn't use the 10th Anniversary version though, but the 2-part download, so I guess I'm using the 0.96 version.

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308647 - 05/13/13 09:30 PM

Your models on 3DArcade are the best! I got a Cosmic Avenger Bezel from it's archive and am using it ingame for mame. Do you know what the lay file measurements should look like? The bezel doesn't extend all the way from top to bottom. I tried changing the width and height but ended up moving around the game display beneath the bezel LOL...My lay looks like this:

#308662 - 05/14/13 04:30 AM

Cosmic Avenger isn't one of mine, it's my buddy Fossil's, but I'm sure he would send his thanks. Can't help with the LAY file, don't know anything about them.

logan5
MAME Fan
Send PM

#308673 - 05/14/13 01:54 PM

Thanks jibmums, I'll let you know if I track down the firebird bezel

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: 3D Arcade new [Re: Nightvoice]
#308688 - 05/14/13 11:33 PM

That looks like a nice arcade I think I'll give 3D arcade another whirl. I think I will harass Jibmums & company until I get it working Really though, I can't quite get why there are so many things to configure. I shitload of cfg files. I open them up and all I see is /////////////////////////////////////////////////. It's rather intimidating, at least to me.

I'm using Windows 7. So on top of not knowing what I'm doing, there is a workaround needed with the operating system? Shoot me now.

jibmums
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 3D Arcade new [Re: Antny]
#308706 - 05/15/13 01:27 PM

Now that I don't get, I've been using Win7 on my 'new' computer for the past year and a half, and never had a problem with 3dArcade. Although, I have to agree, Win7 is the most worst, most frustrating OS ever to darken my doorstep. I'm a graphic artist and I had to pretty much abandon every program and method of working I've used for the past ten years.

First things first, have you joined the 3dArk forum? If not, first time on you'll encounter a splash screen in Dutch. Click on the British flag (or maybe it's the American flag) and it will switch over to English. It just says that to use the forum you have to enable cookies. Click OK (or whatever) to to through to the forum. Then post your questions.

Most of the reason it's so configurable is because it's made to work with so many emulators, and also to allow you to set things up however you want them. Here's a few examples from my setup: a pinball-only arcade, a room where I redocorated in a 'vector' theme, and a wall with a Berzerk mural. Also, I set up the kiosk in the hallway outside the Time Out arcade to include changeable movie posters, and swap 'em out every couple of weeks.

BTW - Nightwoice, nice pizza! Cylindrical xtramodel?

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 3D Arcade new [Re: jibmums]
#308714 - 05/15/13 05:08 PM Attachment: SpannersSShot.png 4754 KB (0 downloads)

The biggest problem I ran into with Windows 7 was that no matter what I tried (running as administrator, etc.), MoveCabs mode did not save. So I ended up positioning all of my cabinets manually in the text files. And one of the texture files was causing every arcade to crash if it was stored anywhere in the 3D Arcade folder, which was solved once I put it in its own space. And with Win 7, every time I install a new video editing app, it jacks the codecs in such a way that arcade videos won't run, but hey, I guess that's why registry backups were invented.

The biggest strength of 3D Arcade as a front-end is in its flexibility. If you take the time to set it up right, there's nothing you can't run out of it. I've got MAME, MESS, WinVICE, FuturePinball, Daphne, VisualPinball, and DOSBox running from it flawlessly. The more options you have, the more complicated it gets, and 3D Arcade has LOTS of options.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

----------------------

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6161